Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28124

Subject: "Every track EVER" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
BTMBQHKDR

Wed Nov-03-99 02:10 PM

"Every track EVER"

Alright, there has been much confusion to the whole track listing of The Roots 6 CD's, I am here to (attempt to) clarify this...here we go:<P><BR>01. The Roots Is Comin' <BR>02. Pass The Popcorn <BR>03. The Anti-Circle <BR>04. Writters Block <BR>05. Good Music (Preclude) <BR>06. Good Music <BR>07. Grits <BR>08. Leornard I-V <BR>09. I'm Out Deah <BR>10. Essawhamah? (Live At The Soulshack) <BR>11. There's A Riot Going On <BR>12. Popcorn Revisited <BR>13. Peace <BR>14. Common Dust <BR>15. The Session (Longest Posse Cut In History) <BR>16. Syreeta's Having My Baby <BR>17. Carryin' On <BR>18. Intro/There's Something Going On <BR>19. Proceed <BR>20. Distortion To Static <BR>21. Mellow My Man <BR>22. I Remain Calm <BR>23. Datskat <BR>24. Lazy Afternoon <BR>25. ? Vs. Rahzel <BR>26. Do You Want More?!!!??! <BR>27. What Goes On Pt. 7 <BR>28. Essaywhuman?!!!??! <BR>29. Swept Away <BR>30. You Ain't Fly <BR>31. Silent Treatment <BR>32. The Lesson Pt. 1 <BR>33. The Unlocking <BR>34. Intro <BR>35. Respond/React <BR>36. Section <BR>37. Panic!!!!!!! <BR>38. It Just Don't Stop <BR>39. Episodes <BR>40. Push Up Ya Lighter MPEG High-Quality MPEG <BR>41. What They Do <BR>42. ? Vs. Scratch (The Token DJ Cut) <BR>43. Concerto Of The Desperado <BR>44. Clones MPEG High-Quality MPEG <BR>45. Universe At War <BR>46. No Alibi <BR>47. Dave Vs. Us <BR>48. No Great Pretender <BR>49. The Hypnotic <BR>50. Ital (The Universal Side) <BR>51. One Shine <BR>52. The Adventures In Wonderland <BR>53. Outro <BR>54. Act Won (Things Fall Apart) <BR>55. Table Of Contents (Parts 1&2) <BR>56. The Next Movement <BR>57. Step Into The Realm <BR>58. The Spark <BR>59. Dynamite! <BR>60. Without A Doubt <BR>61. Ain't Sayin' Nothin' New <BR>62. Double Trouble <BR>63. Act Too (The Love Of My Life) <BR>64. 100% Dundee <BR>65. Diedre Vs. Dice <BR>66. Adrenaline! <BR>67. 3rd Acts: ? Vs. Scratch 2... Electric Boogaloo <BR>68. 'You Got Me' <BR>69. Don't See Us <BR>70. The Return To Innocence Lost <BR>71. Act Fore<BR>72. Intro/jusufckwithis<BR>73. Table Of Contents (Part 3)<BR>74. The Ultimate<BR>75. The Battlestar ?uestacula (Part 3- The Search for Scratch)<BR>76. The Next Movement<BR>77. Live at the T-Connection<BR>78. The 'Notic<BR>79. Encore<BR>80. Rahzel and Scratch/Live at New Year's @ Jay Dee<BR>81. What You Want<BR>82. We Got You<BR>83. The Lesson- Part 3 (It's Over Now)<BR>84. All I Know<BR>85. Ya'll Know Who<BR>86. For The Love Of Money<P><BR>That's right....it better be...i ain't spend 10 minutes for NOTHING<P>PS- STEVE- archive this jawn<P><BR>"Webster's don't know jack" me<BR>"CARROTS" me<BR>"The system is screwed" me

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
79-80
SqueegeeXM
Nov 04th 1999
what?
chaz
Nov 05th 1999
      Woah, BIG mistake.
wizkid101
Nov 05th 1999
wowsers! thank god for this list.
Nov 06th 1999
Wait a second
Krutch
Nov 06th 1999
I don't think they were counted...
Nov 20th 1999
      I was revisting...
acwells
Nov 22nd 1999
           what about ....
live215
Nov 22nd 1999
                well...
BTMBQHKDR
Nov 22nd 1999
back on top
BTMBQHKDR
Nov 19th 1999
thanks.
smartball
Nov 19th 1999
I'll archive this..
Nov 19th 1999
&quot;HEY NEW TRACK......&quot;
Nahum
Nov 23rd 1999
      Peas and Cues huh?
Dyno
Nov 23rd 1999
           yeah
Krutch
Nov 28th 1999
New Track Part two...
Nov 24th 1999

SqueegeeXM

Thu Nov-04-99 10:56 AM

1. "79-80"
In response to Reply # 0

I think the Rahzel/Scratch/Craig Harris track is actually #79, "Encore." #80 is New Year's @ Jay Dee's. If you play disc 1 on a CD-ROM instead of a domestic CD player, you'll see that after the T-Connection outro (end of "You Got Me", track 14), you get nothing but silence for about 10 minutes, and track 15 is just 5 seconds of blank space. "Encore" and "New Year's @ Jay Dee's" make up track 15 on a regular CD player, with Encore being 79, and New Year's... being 80. I think...<P><BR>But then again, what do I know?<BR>------------<BR>Dr. Squeegee ¤ "Why it gotta B U D?" - LONS<P><a href="http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mjwillis">http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mjwillis<;/a>

chaz

Fri Nov-05-99 10:50 PM

2. "what?"
In response to Reply # 1

i have up to track 75. where the hell is the last 11 tracks. what came after the legendary single? all of a sudden i feel retarded because i thought i had all the songs. i didn't get the double enhanced cd, i didn't think it was worth the extra money.

wizkid101

Fri Nov-05-99 11:37 PM

3. "Woah, BIG mistake."
In response to Reply # 2

It has all of the songs you're missing plus a couple live goodies. Quick! Rush the store!<P><BR>"I'm spreadin' love from Kelowna to Kalamazoo" -The Rascalz

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sat Nov-06-99 05:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "wowsers! thank god for this list."
In response to Reply # 0

we will mos def archive this baby. because every roots album that comes up i gotta write this list and it gets nerveracking!!!!!!<P>thank you so much<P><P><P><P><BR>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't have enough money to buy you a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

Krutch

Sat Nov-06-99 07:37 AM

5. "Wait a second"
In response to Reply # 0

List looks pretty smooth... but track 79... shouldn't that be Encore (Rahzel/Scratch/Greg Harris) and maybe 80 should be New Years @ Jay Dee's ??? i know they're the same "hidden" track, but you've got 79. Encore and yet, those two jawns are the encore.<P>P.S. Where Do "It's Comin'", "Worldwide (London Groove)", "Me Tienes", and all the other remixed tracks fit in??? Maybe i'm being way too picky. <P>"Trollin' For Olives" ??????? <P>(krutch)))(((1999)))<P>"Turns out... Not where, but who you're with that really matters...that really matters" -D. Matthews<P>"You could die a thousand ways and I'd still love you back to life" - L. Kravitz

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Sat Nov-20-99 01:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "I don't think they were counted..."
In response to Reply # 5

>P.S. Where Do "It's Comin'", "Worldwide (London <BR>>Groove)", "Me Tienes", and all the <BR>>other remixed tracks fit in??? <BR>>Maybe i'm being way too picky. <P>well, Worldwide (London Groove) was on the "From The Ground Up" EP and most of the songs on that were on Do You Want More?!?!?!? also so they weren't added to the list. As far as the Me Tienes version of You Got Me, it wasn't added because it was a remix and only commercially available via import.<P>"ILLWILSON got me into that Roots show thingy, and tells me about his sexcapades on the IM chat. Yaaaaay Will."- Dr Squeegie (XM)<P>"never disrespect women cause I love my momma" Talib Kweli<P>DO YASELF A DAMN FAVOR AND BUY THE JAZZYFATNASTEES ALBUM 'THE ONCE AND FUTURE' IN STORES NOW!!!!!!

i'm back...?

acwells

Mon Nov-22-99 05:23 AM

10. "I was revisting..."
In response to Reply # 9

some old CDs this weekend when I remembered there's a song on the High School High soundtrack called "The Good, The Bad, and The Desolate." That doesn't count either?? Please clarify!!<P>asia<P>"...when the stench of loneliness dulled and lulled your senses/my sex was your incense/my kiss your favorite scent..."--an excerpt from "a little something to remember me by," a poem by me

live215

Mon Nov-22-99 09:54 AM

11. "what about ...."
In response to Reply # 10

...Y'all know who, The 'Notic, unreleased stuff like quicksand millenium...haha we just keep making this harder and harder. i bet they never thought there would be this much discussion about how they chose to number thier tracks. lol peace, scott

BTMBQHKDR

Mon Nov-22-99 10:10 AM

12. "well..."
In response to Reply # 11

First, they only count songs that are on their releases LP and EP releases...Second, I have absolutly no clue why they didn't count From the Ground Up as part of it...and Third, if you wanna be techinical...they did count Yall Know Who and The 'Notic (they're both numbered on the live album with a new number)...there are tons of special remixes, compilations, etc...like Proceed I-V...but they only counted one because the rest were on singles, and compilations, not THEIR EP's and LP's...simple as that i suppose...kinda<P>"Webster's don't know jack" me<BR>"CARROTS" me<BR>"The system is screwed" me

BTMBQHKDR

Fri Nov-19-99 10:41 AM

6. "back on top"
In response to Reply # 0

another good reason to ARCHIVE THIS<P><BR>"Webster's don't know jack" me<BR>"CARROTS" me<BR>"The system is screwed" me

smartball

Fri Nov-19-99 11:12 AM

7. "thanks."
In response to Reply # 0

i guess i'm just an okayretard.

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Fri Nov-19-99 06:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "I'll archive this.."
In response to Reply # 0

once it falls to the bottom.<BR>peace,<BR>Steve<P><BR>I no longer worship Mr. 1989.

Nahum

Tue Nov-23-99 03:30 PM

13. "&quot;HEY NEW TRACK......&quot;"
In response to Reply # 8

I just heard a new track from the Roots, i'm not sure if it is a old jawn or a new one ('cuz I heard it on my rap channel on DirectTV). It's called "Peas and Cues" anywon know what album/soundtrack this is goin be on (or from)????????<P>--------------------------------------------------<P>ELITE CRU SHYNE 4 EVA AND EVA........<P>Check Out Nahum (hopefully) and The Roots at the 9:30 club (on the date of my arrival here on Earth<BR>(b-day)December 29, 1999)<P>"me..WE" - Muhammad Ali (the greatest emcee ever)<P>"A lot of TOTS think they WISE 'cuz they LAY CHIPS" - NAHUM/JAH-EL (potato (chip) freestyle<BR>done at a Hip Hop Gala, L.A.)<P>"Forget a chicken and a pigeon...I'm looking for a dove" - NAHUM/JAH-EL<P>"DO IT NOW!!!!" - MOS DEF/BUSTA RHYMES<P>"SIMON SAYS GET THE F*** UP!!!!!" - Pharaoh Monch (probably the best statement made to<BR>the Hip Hop community......naw to the WORLD in a long time)<P>"What happened to just fallin' in love with a nigga----just 'cuz you love the nigga?!" - Eddie<BR>Griffon ("Ed-ucation" Chronic 2001)<P>"kid test the devil/to hit the next level.....Yo it's time to up lift/They think all we do is bust<BR>clips/and puff splifs/And plush whips/and clutch chips/and touch chicks" - Rakim ("Up Lift" The<BR>Master)<P>"Immobilarity"(I-Master-More-Opponents-By-Implementing-Loyalty-And-Respect-In-The-Youth)<BR>- Raekwon<P>"Keep your heart clean/And your voice will echo" - Sizzla ("True Hearts" The Royal Son of<BR>Ethiopia)

Dyno

Tue Nov-23-99 07:10 PM

14. "Peas and Cues huh?"
In response to Reply # 13

I think the song "Peas and Cues" you heard might be "Don't See Us" off of their album Things Fall a Part. I know it was origninally called "Peas and Cues," but I've never seen it released as such. I hope this helps. Be easy.<P>Dyno<P>"Being righteous is my career, and conflict, is just a job risk." -- Last Emp.

Krutch

Sun Nov-28-99 12:13 PM

16. "yeah"
In response to Reply # 14

It was released as "Peas and Cues" before Things Fall came out.... it was a promo/radio single i think. <P>Catch ya later, I'll be "Trollin' for Olives"<P>360* forward --><P>(((around sound)))<P>(((krutch)))(((1999)))<P>"Well, if your mom had teeth she wouldn't suck dick so well, What's your point?" - Pnub from "Idle Hands"<P>"Turns out... Not where, but who you're with that really matters...that really matters" -D. Matthews<P>"You could die a thousand ways and I'd still love you back to life" - L. Kravitz

Quez
Charter member
19684 posts
Wed Nov-24-99 07:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "New Track Part two..."
In response to Reply # 0

I've heard a couple roots tracks that i really couldnt identify but the standout is one that sounds like its Aphillyation and the Roots. I dont know much about the song other than that Black Thought said....<P>"I hit this mid-life crisis ten years before 30"<P>can somebody identify this?<P><BR>Sheldon Mar"Quez" Rankin.....Yall kno who!!

oh well

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28124 Previous topic | Next topic