Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28116

Subject: "ahmir is platinum???" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
mke
Member since Oct 20th 2002
3 posts
Sun Nov-28-99 03:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ahmir is platinum???"

I just heard Ahmir speaking on the radio about Voodoo, it went something like this:<P>"We started recording Voodoo in the last quarter of Illadelph Halflife. At that time the engineer Russ was newlywed, the Electric Lady Studio was totally spherical... D'Angelo is a professional, a perfectionist. Now its five (four?) years later, put out your record already! (laughs). Russ is filing divorce papers,... I've gone platinum (laughs)"<P>because of the laughs, quest might have been joking, but is this true?<P>AIM: mke1978<P>"L'actualité régionale: c'est vous qui la vivez, c'est nous qui en vivons"<BR>In English:<BR>"Local news: you live it, we live off it"<BR>- Jules-Edouard Moustic, 20H20<P>"I'm spittin' lies/But she's none the wise"<BR> - Roots Manuva (check the fantastic album "Brand New Second Hand")<P><P>

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
platinum
Nov 28th 1999
passed not past.....
Nov 28th 1999
Ahmir can't spell?
Nov 28th 1999
nkci cna kssi ym ssa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 28th 1999
Nick can kiss my ass!!!!!!!!
Nov 29th 1999
yall are corny....
Nov 29th 1999
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Nov 30th 1999

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sun Nov-28-99 06:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "platinum"
In response to Reply # 0

well....close but no cigar (800,000 ). i was just trying to show the extremes of how time past us by.<P><P><P>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't have enough money to buy you a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sun Nov-28-99 06:43 AM

2. "passed not past....."
In response to Reply # 1

>well....close but no cigar (800,000 ). i was <BR>>just trying to show the extremes <BR>>of how time past us by. <BR>><BR>><BR>><BR>>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't <BR>>have enough money to buy you <BR>>a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" <P><BR>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't have enough money to buy you a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

nickelz45
Member since May 16th 2003
1029 posts
Sun Nov-28-99 03:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Ahmir can't spell?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hair bear doesn't use the correct tenses either. Just playing but can you please turn on the Cartoon Channel oh yeah Nick can't spell either. PEACE<P>Swass/Knownots Crew<BR>"we all look kinda' SWASS the crew you can't forget" THE GREAT SIR-MIX-A-LOT<P>"POCKY!!!!!!!!!!!" Little One<BR>"you ain't getting nada from us. Not even a little pokcy from us." HAHAHAHA jk<BR>"I get more love in Japan then Hello Kitty" Talib Kweli Great Expectations<P>"Eventually if it was meant to be, then it would be<BR>because we related, physically and mentally<BR>And she was fun then, I'd be geeked when she'd come around<BR>Slim was fresh yo" COMMON SENSE <P>"I do not know how to teach philosophy without becoming a disterber of the peace"-Benjamin Spinoza<BR>

<----- 100% Hater Proof.

"B-Boy for life fuck a suit and a tie" Thes One

"I'm on my own dick like sleeping on my stomach" AG

"The tantalizing wordplay yeah that's the joint
Sometimes I have to cuss just to prove my damn point" Q-Tip

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sun Nov-28-99 07:31 PM

4. "nkci cna kssi ym ssa!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

unscramble that sporty!!!!!!!! (hee hee)<P>and my tenses were correct. "time passed us by". anyway.........isn't it your bedtime?<P><P><BR>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't have enough money to buy you a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

nickelz45
Member since May 16th 2003
1029 posts
Mon Nov-29-99 09:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Nick can kiss my ass!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Hhahahhahahhaha. Riah reab si a loof. I don't have a bedtime especially when a certain midget is talking my ear off at all hours of the night. Beside I want to be like your non-sleeping ass. CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?!?!?!!?!? YOU ARE THE ATOMIC BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE <P>Swass/Knownots Crew<BR>"we all look kinda' SWASS the crew you can't forget" THE GREAT SIR-MIX-A-LOT<P>"POCKY!!!!!!!!!!!" Little One<BR>"you ain't getting nada from us. Not even a little pokcy from us." HAHAHAHA jk<BR>"I get more love in Japan then Hello Kitty" Talib Kweli Great Expectations<P>"Eventually if it was meant to be, then it would be<BR>because we related, physically and mentally<BR>And she was fun then, I'd be geeked when she'd come around<BR>Slim was fresh yo" COMMON SENSE <P>"I do not know how to teach philosophy without becoming a disterber of the peace"-Benjamin Spinoza<BR>

<----- 100% Hater Proof.

"B-Boy for life fuck a suit and a tie" Thes One

"I'm on my own dick like sleeping on my stomach" AG

"The tantalizing wordplay yeah that's the joint
Sometimes I have to cuss just to prove my damn point" Q-Tip

TinkyWinky
Charter member
2726 posts
Mon Nov-29-99 11:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "yall are corny...."
In response to Reply # 3

seriously. yall are like those kids in elementary school that know pig latin and use it all the time, even though everybody else knows what the hell they're sayin....<P><a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">http://www.thehungersite.com<;/a><P>KRH-ONE (nine-nine-nine): the ORIGINAL and ONLY OkayKoolKeith<P>"if it wasnt for hip hop id probally die"<BR> -DaZeD<P>"Where the F*CK is my purse icon??????"

:::::::::::::
"And I know what the fuck an option quarterback is. He's the black QB under six feet that ends up being converted to wide receiver once he's selected on day two of the NFL draft because he can't hit the ocean from the edge of a boat."

--

heaven7
Member since Jul 06th 2002
1 posts
Tue Nov-30-99 05:48 AM

7. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

i needed someting to crack me up today...<P>peace<BR>heaven<P>"self preservation is a full-time occupation..." ani

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #28116 Previous topic | Next topic