Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #26601

Subject: "common & big will" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
taktiks
Charter member
370 posts
Fri Mar-03-00 09:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"common & big will"

i was just reading common's discography and it list five tracks from will smith's new album? if anybody knows what common had to do with these tracks please fill me in.<P><BR>"fuck this rap shit I listen to classical"---Baatin of Slum Village<P>"cause who i'm talking bout y'all is HIP-HOP"---Common Sense<P>"i'm morpheus in this hip hop matrix, exposing fake shit"---Common Sense

©urtis

The Mixtape Massacre Show
DJ Linx, Taktiks, Seven:30 & Big Jacks
CKLN 88.1fm, Sat. 1-4pm est
www.ckln.fm (listen live)
"Full concept hip-hop radio..."
www.themixtapemassacre.com
taktiks@themixtapemassacre.com
www.myspace.com/mixtapemassacre
www.my

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
ghostwriters anonymous...
Mar 03rd 2000
Wack Smith
Lyrical44
Mar 03rd 2000
      hahaha
topcream
Mar 03rd 2000
      did Will write
Mar 03rd 2000
man damn!!!! will is the man
Mar 04th 2000
Big Willy's style . . .
Lyrical44
Mar 04th 2000
comm helped write these songs
Mar 05th 2000

AFKAP_of_Darkness
Charter member
84244 posts
Fri Mar-03-00 09:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "ghostwriters anonymous..."
In response to Reply # 0

common wrote lyrics for "big will" on "willenium" just as nasir jones did on "big willie style." everybody knows that fake-ass, hot air blowin' fool can't write his own lyrics. will, that is...

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/287/6/c/the_wire_lineup__huge_download_by_dennisculver-d30s7vl.jpg
The man who thinks at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life - Muhammed Ali

Lyrical44

Fri Mar-03-00 10:18 AM

2. "Wack Smith"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, on 'Freakin' It' Will says something like:<P>"All you rappers talkin bout who you put in a hearse<BR>Do me a favour - write one verse without a curse"<P>Okay, Will, how about you write one verse PERIOD!?<BR>Cornball.

topcream

Fri Mar-03-00 10:44 AM

3. "hahaha"
In response to Reply # 2

a good joke is all about tone and timing.<P>And you got that one off. Man, I'm really having too much fun at work. Why didn't someone tell me about this place sooner?<P>

MoJoTaters
Charter member
6130 posts
Fri Mar-03-00 11:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "did Will write"
In response to Reply # 2

the theme song to The Fresh Prince of BelAir. That song was dope. I got it on CD, i play that shit all the time.

"I buttfuck MC's" Pharoahe Monch

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sat Mar-04-00 02:50 AM

5. "man damn!!!! will is the man"
In response to Reply # 0

y'all love dissing will. ok i have willenium. the credits for some songs credit l.lynn as a writer. we all know who that is. instead of y'all thanking will for recognizing comm's talent and breaking him off with a lil cheese, y'all dissing him. more people from a larger audience heard comm and jill on the www soundtrack, i would wager. will in turn went back and got some old school heads to do his album as well. what is it about him that is not hip hop?<P>now as far as will writing, everybody knows that the "rap" stars of yesterday, simply can't hang with the writing styles of today, point blank. name me 5 old school stars still enjoying the same sucess as they were enjoying in their prime. will wanted his lyrics on point is he got one of the best to make sure his shit was hot.<P>not only that but comm and jill's song was produced by dj jazzy jeff's touch of jazz<BR>trust me, prince knows that he ain't the tightest with the lyrics anymore so he's gonna grab some help. There is a reason will is still the man, ain't it's not only cause of his movies. it's not just cause whites are buying his shit. it's a combo of a lot of things. i can name 3-4 hip hop artists that are actors or that were loved by white mainstream america that ain't on top. <P>just be thankful that will is not trying to emabrrass us while he's in the spotlight by keeping his home training. he's not trying to be overly negative but positve. there is a time and place for everything, just like there are different types of artists. there is a place for will, and comm, etc.. what you want? everybody sounding the same? we already have 25 mobb deeps, 18 2-pacs, and 3 biggie and suge knight wannabees. lol<P>all y'all dissing him, have you even heard the last album?<P>do i need to list the many will smith/okp connections again? what am i up to now? number 10?<P><BR>rappers i crush, kill, and destroy like STRESS.<BR>- common (sense)<P>D Angelo says thank you and 180 of us respond.<BR>Common Says whats up and over 60 of us respond.<BR>People in seattle get pissed and over 100 of us respond.<BR>Quest just says anything and they damn near have to shut the boards down<BR> -okayplayer LmaniV<P><BR>preview my new video before it hits the stores<BR><a href="http://hometown.aol.com//layzboi/mywebpage.html" target="_blank">http://hometown.aol.com//layzboi/mywebpage.html<;/a><P><BR>at times my going forward seems like retreat<BR>-common (sense)

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

Lyrical44

Sat Mar-04-00 05:20 AM

6. "Big Willy's style . . ."
In response to Reply # 5

I don't really have a problem with Will in general. I don't particularly like his music (Wild Wild West -- come on!?), I haven't listened to the new album, and I probably won't. I only made my comments because I saw the 'Freakin' It' video on MTV and took exception to the way he was bigging himself up and criticising other rappers, when most of us know that he uses ghostwriters.<BR>That's all.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sun Mar-05-00 07:30 AM

7. "comm helped write these songs"
In response to Reply # 0

la-fiesta<P>interlude<P>uuhhh-featuring kel spencer (you can really hear comm's influence on this one)<P>the rain-featuring jill scott<P>i don't see where he helped write a 5th song<P><BR>rappers i crush, kill, and destroy like STRESS.<BR>- common (sense)<P>D Angelo says thank you and 180 of us respond.<BR>Common Says whats up and over 60 of us respond.<BR>People in seattle get pissed and over 100 of us respond.<BR>Quest just says anything and they damn near have to shut the boards down<BR> -okayplayer LmaniV<P><BR>preview my new video before it hits the stores<BR><a href="http://hometown.aol.com//layzboi/mywebpage.html" target="_blank">http://hometown.aol.com//layzboi/mywebpage.html<;/a><P><BR>at times my going forward seems like retreat<BR>-common (sense)

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #26601 Previous topic | Next topic