Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25928

Subject: "Kelo is the shit" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
okayaddict

Thu Mar-09-00 11:48 AM

"Kelo is the shit"

has anyone heard Kelo's remix of Silent Treatment from the Silent Treatment single? its one of the best arrangements I have ever heard. anyone know what other tracks he has produced?

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Kelo......
Mar 09th 2000
Kelo
Mar 09th 2000
Kelo's the Shit!!!!
Krutch
Mar 10th 2000
kelo ain't shit!!!!!
Mar 10th 2000
      Kelo standing over your shoulder?
Mar 10th 2000
           c'mon now..
Mar 10th 2000
HOLD ON ONE SEC
Mar 10th 2000
He can't play no ball.....
Mar 10th 2000
      SHAWN, THEY'RE TALKING ON THE COURTS
Mar 11th 2000
           now that kelo
Mar 11th 2000
CLONES IS THE SHIT
Mar 11th 2000
mine too
Mar 11th 2000
Kelo Sample
Mar 13th 2000
the correct url for the music is
okayaddict
Mar 13th 2000

Shawn_Gee
Charter member
969 posts
Thu Mar-09-00 04:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Kelo......"
In response to Reply # 0

produced Concerto of the Desperado,Clones,and a few other Roots classics.<P>He also did Hootie Mack (or something like that) back in the day for BBD (yes Bell Biv Devoe).<P>He is now featured as the D'Angelo's all-star soundman on the Voodoo tour.<P>GEE

"Ernest Lee is Shorty. In the Little Leagues, he can front like he’s something important, but any attempt to move into the big time leaves him exposed, shocked, and utterly outclassed". - (taken from the Blowhard league archives)

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Thu Mar-09-00 06:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Kelo"
In response to Reply # 1

is the cat that had one of those beat street style bedrooms in the mecca rest pt 2!<P>tracey Mcjazzie and some other cats used to record in his walk in closet/isolation booth!<P>HERE's to creative innovation (and from the rep cat has, you gotta say it WORKED!)<P>ahh the pleasure of watchin yo' friends do they THANG!!!!<P>PoZi (;=

Krutch

Fri Mar-10-00 07:09 AM

3. "Kelo's the Shit!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I know he did the piano riff in Clones... shit is just SPINE-TINGLING!!!!<P>and do i have to even mention the bassline to "Realm"... plus he's now taken over Dix's spot as soundman extraordinaire!!!<P>it's safe to say... as an audio major... and a beatlover... kelo is my IDOL!!!!!<P>seriously... Kelo is the shit!!!<P><BR>(((krutch)))(((2000)))<P>

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Fri Mar-10-00 08:12 AM

4. "kelo ain't shit!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

okay he's standing over my shoulder....<BR>he aight.<P><P><P><P>THE SOULQUARIANS<BR>chewy (quest).....jan<BR>luke (d)........feb <BR>lando (jaydee)......feb<BR>cp30 (james poyser).....jan<BR>r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan<BR>hans (chaos)........jan<BR>anakin (lil mike)......feb<P>honorary members:<BR>kelo- soulacorn.......jan<BR>common- soulcies......march<BR>erykah- soulcies......feb<BR>zack- soulicorn.......feb<P>(AFTER SEEING MY PERFORMANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME, MY IDOL STEVE FERRONE EMAILED ME THIS LETTER.....)<P>Opening fill from "person to person". ....... $100.00<BR>Cute fill betwween hi hat, bass drum and snare ....... $1500.00<BR>Horn line from "Love Your Life" ..... $10,000.35<BR>Breakfast with Ferrone.... Gratis<P>The reason you are being charged for the horn line is that it was probably your idea to use it!<P>You da man! Great show! Really nice pocket! Call or e-mail sometime, and take care out there.<BR>818-***-****<P>God Bless,<P>Stephen Ferrone.<BR>

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

nickelz45
Member since May 16th 2003
1029 posts
Fri Mar-10-00 05:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Kelo standing over your shoulder?"
In response to Reply # 4

Are you sure? I am sure that you are taller than him even when sitting down. Just playing. Anyway's Kelo is the shit after seeing him work that sound board at the D show on monday in L.A. Money definately did some dope shit. Like making One Mo' Gin sound so amazing that tina damn near broke her neck running from the 3rd floor of the H.O.B. and what he did to the sound when Roy Hargrove did his solo. GOOD LORD the man is nice on the boards. Keep up the good work Kelo. PEACE<P>p.s. thanks Hair Bear for helping me out on monday. I owe you big time. <P>Swass/Knownots Crew<P>"It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone <BR>and a day to love someone but it takes a lifetime to forget someone." <P>R.I.P.<BR>Thomas Timothy Lilac 11/03/22 - 01/30/00<P><BR>

<----- 100% Hater Proof.

"B-Boy for life fuck a suit and a tie" Thes One

"I'm on my own dick like sleeping on my stomach" AG

"The tantalizing wordplay yeah that's the joint
Sometimes I have to cuss just to prove my damn point" Q-Tip

maria
Charter member
33 posts
Fri Mar-10-00 06:58 PM

8. "c'mon now.."
In response to Reply # 7

ain't nothin' wrong with some short people. we make things interesting.<BR>as for kelo though, you can't tell me that you didn't lose it when you heard the 808 (woohoo! i know a term - thanks tina!) during that break in "brown sugar".<BR>kelo's NICE..<P>peace and blessings,<BR>maria.<P>R.I.P. Erinness..<P>..less anger..more smile..<P>**if you, or anyone you know is a victim of rape/abuse/incest, please call the RAINN organization at 1.800.656.HOPE or go to <a href="http://www.rainn.org" target="_blank">http://www.rainn.org<;/a> for help. UNLOCK THE SILENCE**<P><a href="http://www.elevatedminds.com" target="_blank">http://www.elevatedminds.com<;/a><BR><a href="http://www.boondocks.net" target="_blank">http://www.boondocks.net<;/a>

RamXL
Charter member
13957 posts
Fri Mar-10-00 10:30 AM

5. "HOLD ON ONE SEC"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah sure kelo holds the music shit down fo sure....BUT...son talks a lot of shit about playin ball (him and kamal) espically when they were here in michigan......i aint forgot yet....yall betta be at the reunion!!! hahahaha<P><P><BR>One Love<BR>RamXL<BR>(beat junkie)<P><P><P><P><P>

"shit, been the same since '86 and kane"

Shawn_Gee
Charter member
969 posts
Fri Mar-10-00 11:26 AM

6. "He can't play no ball....."
In response to Reply # 5

They used to talk a lot of trash (Kelo and Kamal) about playin' ball....but they ain't talkin' no more!<P>I think I embarrassed them on the Lauryn Hill tour last year.....oh well<BR>

"Ernest Lee is Shorty. In the Little Leagues, he can front like he’s something important, but any attempt to move into the big time leaves him exposed, shocked, and utterly outclassed". - (taken from the Blowhard league archives)

tinyteanie
Charter member
62 posts
Sat Mar-11-00 08:52 AM

9. "SHAWN, THEY'RE TALKING ON THE COURTS"
In response to Reply # 6

. . . not Dreamcast, though I think Kelo got with you on that too hehehehe<P>Kelo IS the shit on this Voodoo tour though. If you thought the shit kicked with the Roots before, wait'll you see what he does with a horn section. The 808 kicks (very good Maria)<BR>Tiny

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Sat Mar-11-00 10:28 AM

10. "now that kelo"
In response to Reply # 9

is the supa dupa sound pruduca official-e<BR>does he have those hip little sweat towls he be pimpin monogramed wit some fat logo?<P>that could be a fly endorsement!<P>PoZi (;=

AbdulJaleel
Charter member
23892 posts
Sat Mar-11-00 01:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "CLONES IS THE SHIT"
In response to Reply # 0

My favorite Roots jawn of all time. <P>"Come out my humble, go berzerk and make you swallow your smirk" Malik B

www.instagram.com/schemeofthings

keroline
Charter member
585 posts
Sat Mar-11-00 02:19 PM

12. "mine too"
In response to Reply # 11

clones is the song that made me fall in love with the roots.<BR>kelo ur the ish!<P><P><BR>"10 g's BANK on it!!!"- heather b.<P>"toOT toOT!!!"- me<P>"HI, im the HERB of the year!..." -b.t.<P><P>

Tumbleweed
Member since Mar 12th 2004
39 posts
Mon Mar-13-00 09:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "Kelo Sample"
In response to Reply # 0

if anyone wants to hear this piece of heven you can hear a sample of the silent treatment remix and some bonus Kelo beats on <BR>devo.adnc.com/roots/music/st.html

okayaddict

Mon Mar-13-00 05:06 PM

14. "the correct url for the music is"
In response to Reply # 13

<a href="http://devo.adnc.com/roots/music.html" target="_blank">http://devo.adnc.com/roots/music.html<;/a>

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25928 Previous topic | Next topic