Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25774

Subject: "Who copped Com at midnight????" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ProText
Charter member
13 posts
Mon Mar-27-00 08:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Who copped Com at midnight????"

Where? How ? Anything eventful happen?
Got mine at the Tower records on Newbury street at 12:01. Called both Newbury comics during the afternoon, when I asked if they where going to have common on wax tonight the woman told me that the album comes out March 28, I said right thats tommorrow, "Oh, we wont know until we get it." big WTF???!!! Decided to go to Tower just to check. Yes they will have it at 12:01, know just to push my luck i ask , "on wax" yup a few copies. Come back at 12:01 and perform my good deed for the day, the guy in front of me was already to buy the drag-on album( which they were playing in the store, not hot shit, not the jawn) util i convinced him to pick up the common album instead. Im a fuckin superhero, ive just saved a life. so i get up to the counter and ask for common, no catastrophies yet, wait i say, "on wax" oh we dont have it in yet maybe friday, " Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"(me)" no i think we have some right here( girl number two at register) AHHHHHHH( me) common copped enjoyed .
a big happy common album owning peace an respect
Text
PS- No TFA shitty wax packaging.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I Did
Mar 27th 2000
RE: A Few Days Earlier
marky
Mar 28th 2000
RE: Who copped Com at midnight????
Mar 28th 2000
i didn't
Mar 28th 2000
Not me
Mar 28th 2000
RE: Who copped Com at midnight????
SqueegeeXM
Mar 28th 2000
I called newbury comics too..
Mar 28th 2000
"Wanna pick out a date to smack wack ni$$@s"-Common
Mar 28th 2000
copped it at tower in boston too
Mar 28th 2000
I DID! I DID!!
Mar 28th 2000
RE: I DID! I DID!!
Mar 28th 2000
I got mine...
DjSynch
Mar 28th 2000
I didn't....
Mar 28th 2000

Focus
Charter member
2377 posts
Mon Mar-27-00 10:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I Did"
In response to Reply # 0

I was at my local record store at midnight to buy a copy on CD and one on wax. I scheduled my Spring Break trip so that I could make it back in time to get the album. As soon as I got back in to town I picked up my car and went to the record store before I even went home. Small price to pay for such a beautiful album.

Collect all 9 at www.djlowkey.com->

MIA #1 w/Median
MIA #2 w/Tanya Morgan
The Fixtape w/Che Grand
Relief In The Making w/Median & 9th Wonder
Beat Thieves 2 w/Ilwil
Ketchup w/TiRon
Die Jerm Die w/Jermiside
De La Extras #2
The Solution Tape #1 w/U-N-I & Ro

marky

Tue Mar-28-00 01:51 AM

2. "RE: A Few Days Earlier"
In response to Reply # 1

I was able to buy my copy of Common's album on Saturday. Here in London, some stores get their copies in on the friday before the official release date. The album is a soon to be classic, so get it now, on vinyl, as that's the only medium to listen to Hip Hop in my opinion. CD's are too smooth.

I've been a fan of Common from his Common Sense days. I saw him perform with his band in London back in '98. I really hope that this album gets the sales it deserves.

Fave track for me is 'Song for Asata' It's superb!

ChocoBliss
Charter member
289 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 04:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: Who copped Com at midnight????"
In response to Reply # 0

I copped mine's at tower records too at midnight. (and aren't they anal about waiting EXACTLY until midnight...)

off subject but... I do regret being too bored at work one fateful day two months ago and d/l the mp3s, it took alot of the joy out of what is trully a beautiful album.

Choco B

crazydave69
Charter member
396 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 07:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via ICQ
4. "i didn't"
In response to Reply # 0

I would have if i lived in a major city..... but my dad decided living in middle of nowhere would be fine.... so here in this village at the end of the road in Northern Ontario , Canada the only store that sells cds usually won't get the new ish until two weeks after it came out.....
"May the Force Be With You!" OBi-Wan Kenobi

Crazy

whatthebloodcotwesmokepotandblowspotsyouwannathinktwiceithinknot

Kev
Charter member
754 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 07:39 AM

5. "Not me"
In response to Reply # 0

it was'nt available at midnight,atleast not around my way.I copped it this morning around ten o'clock.When the store opened.

Shit is so bangin niggas say it's gang related-Common

One1

SqueegeeXM

Tue Mar-28-00 07:53 AM

6. "RE: Who copped Com at midnight????"
In response to Reply # 0

I copped it at a local campus record store last night. I wouldn't say anything eventful happened, but the atmosphere was cool. They were bumping the album on the store's speakers, while heads just gathered and talked. Me being the clown that I am, stood at the display rack holding up Drag-On's CD like, "yeaaaahh...here's what you came for." The midnight crowd wasn't as big as I expected, but everyone that was there grabbed a copy of LWFC.

AIM: dR sQuEeG (AOL caps style)
Homepage: http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mjwillis
H.E.R.B Digital: The Movie, Soundtrack, Action Figure, Video Game, Toothpaste, Cereal, Footie Pajamas, and Underoos...coming soon.

"When you bring the truth, like, 'That nigga's feet stink,' and the nigga like, 'Oh, you gotta pardon me, but I got my socks on for like two days straight.' They go for that, more than just, 'I got five kilos in here.'" - Ghostface Killah

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 08:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I called newbury comics too.."
In response to Reply # 0

eff them..and I was too lazy to run all the way to newbury street at midnight.

Peace,
Steve

Your post will get deleted IF you dont read: http://www.okayplayer.com/dcforum/general1/3292.html

Email:okaysteve@hotmail.com
IM:Gigfog

Kemp
Charter member
1405 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 09:17 AM

8. ""Wanna pick out a date to smack wack ni$$@s"-Common"
In response to Reply # 0

I actually copped on friday, but I converted the cashier to a Common fan. She's actually a friend of mine, I asked if I could play it on the speaker and she let me. Needless to say there's another number in the first week sales.

peace

Stakes are high, like my uncle is/we both got problems he just never confronted his- Common(how true)

This mark asked me if I know his cousin Jimbo/n!??@ I don't even know myself!-Com-mon,"That's my mufucka!"

Supercalafragilisticespealidocious/
Dociousespealifragilisticcalasuper!-
Ghostface Killah and Mary Poppins

Never disrespecting these women cause I love my mama!-Talib Kweli

When you say you're dope that's false advertising-KRS-One

lagism
Charter member
2145 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 09:57 AM

9. "copped it at tower in boston too"
In response to Reply # 0

amazing.......nothing else for me to say.

"Ran so far from the streets that you can't come back" -COMMON

DivineVersatile
Charter member
5491 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 10:42 AM

10. "I DID! I DID!!"
In response to Reply # 0

My Story

I been fiending for Com for a minute. So...I planned ahead and found out that Wherehouse Music around campus would be open (same place I copped D'Angelo...at midnight). Anyway...I left work 4 hours early (yes, I got it like that), went to a poetry session that had 1 dollar mixed drinks (Crown Royal, anyone?) and hit Wherehouse praying that even half of the people that D got to show would come through. Please...Please...DOOOOHHHH!!!

Nope...just me and about 4 other hip hop faithfuls (it is Memphis, you all!!) Anyway...they jacked the price up to $17.99 on a nigga...but I had to have it. I'm still saturating...yay Com.

The Infamous DVSJ

MY VERY OWN HIPPIDY-HOP! I'M GOING TO LOVE YOU AND PLAY WITH YOU FOR EVER AND EVER!!!

Elmyra....the choice of a new generation

cocoaprince
Charter member
237 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 11:00 AM

11. "RE: I DID! I DID!!"
In response to Reply # 10

man, i bet chi-town is so live. i cant say the same for indy.

DjSynch

Tue Mar-28-00 11:48 AM

12. "I got mine..."
In response to Reply # 0

Yo I got mines on saturday yo... been bumping it ever since...

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Tue Mar-28-00 10:08 PM

13. "I didn't...."
In response to Reply # 0

last night at Midnight, I was at the Double Door in Chicago watching Com himself rip the mic and bless the fans with a listening party for his album. I copped the unofficial version back in February, but I got the real deal today at 1pm after my web publishing class. But even if I wasn't at the Double Door last night, i wouldn't have copped it at midnight. That's too late to get an album you're gonna be able to get the next morning...plus, I can't miss sleep. I barely get enough as it is.

ILLWILL
--------

"Nick and Rhome gang up on me on the threeway."--Steve

"LOL..I dont get with yellow men"--Steve

"ok I really need to smoke a butt"--Steve

"It's all about me, me, me, me, me, and I'm Mya with a big dick though and you faggot like Sisqo"--Ras Kass

"What I don't understand is how can Sisqo, who's like 190 in gay years come out with a damn song about thongs and then title the shit 'thong song'?"--Mil

"Sisqo scored a 60 on the Gay Slam Dunk contest... I saw it on GaySPN."--Mil

"Sisqo is a 12.4 on the gay richter scale."--Mil

i'm back...?

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25774 Previous topic | Next topic