Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25169

Subject: "Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
FunkyMan

Tue Apr-11-00 01:37 AM

"Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"

Just reading ?uest's recent tour update, and I feel outta the loop. What was this Take 6 thing at the Grammies? When did Take 6 sing for the Backstreet Boys? During the Elton John thing or during their solo performance?

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?
Apr 11th 2000
I still don't believe it....
Apr 11th 2000
RE: I still don't believe it....
Apr 11th 2000
WTF?????
PrettyMamaT
Apr 11th 2000
      RE: WTF?????
Klassie_KG
Apr 11th 2000
           RE: WTF?????
PrettyMamaT
Apr 11th 2000
Apr 11th 2000
      So Much For Ebony And Ivory....
BEN
Apr 11th 2000
      You wanna know the truth
Apr 11th 2000
      well....true is true
Apr 11th 2000
           RE: well....true is true
Apr 11th 2000
                Eff That!
BEN
Apr 11th 2000
                RE: well....true is true
Apr 11th 2000
                     did you say....RODEO? oh god....explain this one pleeeeeze.
Apr 11th 2000
                          RE: did you say....RODEO? oh god....explain this one pleeeeeze.
Apr 11th 2000
                               Explain this one pleeeeeze.
BEN
Apr 12th 2000
Apr 11th 2000
Edub32
Apr 12th 2000
Snavon
Apr 11th 2000
you ain't lyin' ?uest!!!!!!:D
Apr 11th 2000
Al Jolson Style 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 11th 2000
RE: Al Jolson Style 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 11th 2000
proselytizer
Apr 11th 2000
nrp
Apr 11th 2000
Apr 11th 2000
proselytizer
Apr 11th 2000
nrp
Apr 13th 2000

el_rey
Charter member
5626 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 03:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 0

It was when the Blackface Boyz performed their ish at the Grammies, it wasn't them singing. They actually had Take 6 behind the curtain singing for them. Behind a muhf*kin curtain!

That ish pisses me off to this day! The whole thing is so symbolic, n/m? They couldn't even lip synch to their own voices, they had to put one of the BEST EFFIN VOCAL GROUPS BEHIND A GODDAM CURTAIN while they took all the credit. W A C K !!!!!!!!!!!!! It is stealing from black artists in the most insidious of ways (not to mention the medley they did).

Anyway, I'm through venting. Have a pleasant day.

love and respect,
El Rey

"We live the now for the promise of the infinite." - Mos Def

http://www.mumia2000.org
http://www.mumia.org
http://www.mumia911.org

The Ofiicial fire quote librabry starts here:

I don't know it all but I do know lies when I read them. The foolish are fooling no one with their hating. - (c)fire

All I know is i made it to your supreme signature, i feel blessed. I'm gonna go cry now - (c)fire

Smoking weed is like eating oregano (I think). - (c)fire

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
who are you

really

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 03:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I still don't believe it...."
In response to Reply # 1

I can't believe that they would stoop that low, especially on the Grammies. I think that Quest was being sarcastic when he wrote that. Besides, why would Take 6 even accept it? I know they would have gotten paid, but shit, still...that's sellout shit right there.

ILLWILL
--------

"Richard simmons es feo pero sisqo es muy guapo"--Steve (TRANSLATION: Richard Simmons is ugly, but Sisqo is very sexy)

"Nick and Rhome gang up on me on the
threeway."--Steve

"ok I really need to smoke a butt"--Steve

"It's all about me, me, me, me, me, and I'm Mya with a big dick though and you faggot like Sisqo"--Ras Kass

"What I don't understand is how can Sisqo, who's like 190 in gay years come out with a damn song about thongs and then title the shit 'thong song'?"--Mil

"Sisqo scored a 60 on the Gay Slam Dunk contest... I saw it on GaySPN."--Mil

"Sisqo is a 12.4 on the gay richter scale."--Mil

i'm back...?

el_rey
Charter member
5626 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 04:00 AM

3. "RE: I still don't believe it...."
In response to Reply # 2

There's a part of me that doesn't believe it as well .. but then again, here we are in the land of cultural theft. Nothing would surprise me, that's why I believe that something like this could happen.

love and respect,
El Rey

I don't know it all but I do know lies when I read them. The foolish are fooling no one with their hating. - (c)fire

All I know is i made it to your supreme signature, i feel blessed. I'm gonna go cry now - (c)fire

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
who are you

really

PrettyMamaT

Tue Apr-11-00 04:12 AM

5. "WTF?????"
In response to Reply # 3

If that don't beat all!!! The Bitchstreet Boys had to have Take 6 sing for them... Anywho-- pardon my ignorance--but what does n/m mean?

Mamacita

1--fun, 2--you, 3--me, 4--more, 5 no jive, 6--no tricks, 7--we in heaven, 8--everything is straight, 9--fine, TE-E-E-EN--next week, we gon' do it again! OOWWW!!!" --Marvin Gaye, "A Funky Space Re-incarnated"

"I didn't like the way you were, so I had to make you mine."--Prince "Strange Relationship"

"God is, like, so cool. O.k., just think of, like, the coolest person you know, and, like, God made THAT person!!!" Justine Bateman

Klassie_KG

Tue Apr-11-00 07:11 AM

12. "RE: WTF?????"
In response to Reply # 5

n/m means "no message"

PrettyMamaT

Tue Apr-11-00 10:31 AM

14. "RE: WTF?????"
In response to Reply # 12

I thankest thou for thine infinite wisedom...

Mamacita

1--fun, 2--you, 3--me, 4--more, 5 no jive, 6--no tricks, 7--we in heaven, 8--everything is straight, 9--fine, TE-E-E-EN--next week, we gon' do it again! OOWWW!!!" --Marvin Gaye, "A Funky Space Re-incarnated"

"I didn't like the way you were, so I had to make you mine."--Prince "Strange Relationship"

"God is, like, so cool. O.k., just think of, like, the coolest person you know, and, like, God made THAT person!!!" Justine Bateman

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 05:59 AM

8. "RE: I still don't believe it...."
In response to Reply # 2

come on will.....money talk$ louder than ever. i mean it wasn't like they were behind the wizzard of oz curtain, but indeed members of take 6 sat next to my staff at the grammies (and destiny's child) and when it was time for that tribute thing take 6 was in the orchestra pit singin. i think it was with them, not for them. reguardless i was like "oh shit, these niggas are bad!!!" then when they sang their song i said "what the hell happened?" that's when okayplayer keith, and tiny, and shawn told us the scoop.

i wish i was joking. b2m could sing ring around the rosies on all these boy groups.

but like harry allen says in the tfa intro....

shit is too disposable. i mean as sugary as their shit is, are we to throw boyz2men away cause they are now 30? i should think that they sing better than ever now.............but will the industry let em back in?

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
cp30 (james poyser).....jan
r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan
hans (chaos)........jan
anakin (lil mike)......feb

honorary members:
kelo- soulacorn.......jan
common- soulcies......march
erykah- soulcies......feb
zack- soulicorn.......feb
anthony hamilton-soulquarian.jan

jepordy time!

the answer: PPPPPPTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHBTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

?uestion: maria's response to what breakfast i wake up to everymorning while on the road.

(cream of wheat, with vanilla butter, brown sugar, raisins and cream....yummmmmmmmmmmmm...

...ok i guess i'd say the same shit if i woke up to ramen every morning.)

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

BEN

Tue Apr-11-00 06:39 AM

10. "So Much For Ebony And Ivory...."
In response to Reply # 8

>come on will.....money talk$ louder than
>ever.

You answered every question you posed here and in the diary with that statement.

Doesnt it go without mention that white females between the ages of 13-19 make up like 70% of the record buying public?

And doesnt that answer why ________ sell what they/he/she do and _________ dont?

Doesnt that answer why a boy group can go plat. in a day?

I think we should direct our attention and energies at the non-record buying public instead of the majority of what makes up the record buying public who literally have things formulated specifically to/for their taste.

There will always be another Paul Inca, Duran Duran, New Kids On The Block, Backstreet Boys, N'Synch to tale over where the last left off just are there spouting preteens to take over from the aging teens. Just as their will always be someone to get rich off the bringing the two together.

Case closed.

Peace and love,
-Ben (The Artist Formerly Known as iLL)

"If a man wants a taco, you don't throw him an enchilada!" -Like Water For Chocolate (The Movie)

"Mine is a comic art, but that does not detract from its seriousness" -Flannery O'Connor, in reference to her writing

"We Love Hip Hop!" -The Cake

Rupert Cadwell:"Brandon has told me a lot about you."
Janet Walker:"Did he do me justice?"
Rupert Cadwell:"Do you deserve Justice?"
From Aflred Hitchcok's "Rope" (1948)

"The cures all ills and wrongs, the cares, the sorrows and the crimes of humanity, all lie in the one word "love". It is the divine vitality that everywhere produces and restores life."
-Lydia Maria Child

"Wow! If its in a book, it MUST be true!" -Milhouse from "The Simpsons"

I can't knock you for not knowing/ But I could for you not wanting to learn/ Nor for asking/ But I could for you not willing to earn/ No I can't, for someone to even havta tell me twice/ So this music is my sacrifice/ So I be dedicated, determinated, and dependable/ To demonstrate directly/ And use the opportunity correctly/ So forget the gold teeth/ Forget the bald head/ forget it sound country/ Just remember what I said...
-Atlanta's own Cee-Loo of the Goodie Mob

MrBastard
Charter member
252 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 07:02 AM

11. "You wanna know the truth"
In response to Reply # 8

Boyz II Men's crash and burn has more to do with misguided Motown/Uni/AOL Records than some kind of racist conspiracy.

Also--can you name a song from Boyz 2 Men's last album? Can you hum a few bars? No.

Let me preface by saying that I am harder or just as hard as many rappers today. Revoke my ghetto pass, call me "Carlton" from Fresh Prince, but "Quit Playing Games With My Heart" and "I Want It That Way" are fucking fantastic songs. Sure, it's no better than New Kids or (to a lesser extent) Color Me Badd, but you can't resist their inductive powers. Yes, some of you have the songs in your head right now, just because I mentioned it. You too, quest. And it will play in your heads for the rest of the day, and for that, some of you will want to kill me (if not yourselves). But deep inside, you know I am right.

Boyz II Men haven't done this since "On Bended Knee", and their attempts to sound like 112 instead of themselves on their last tape didn't help.

If BIIMen wanna make great records, then they need to get back w/Face or Jimmy&Terry. If they want to make money, they need to get Diane Warren or Richard Marx to write some empty, sugary shit with an irresistible hook as well as get rid of the razor bumps.

MrB

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 11:10 AM

16. "well....true is true"
In response to Reply # 11

>Boyz II Men's crash and burn
>has more to do with
>misguided Motown/Uni/AOL Records than some
>kind of racist conspiracy.

okay so perhaps andre harrel had some shit to do with it.

>
>Also--can you name a song from
>Boyz 2 Men's last album?
> Can you hum
>a few bars? No.

i can, but i know iknow ("ahmir you know everything!")

personaly "i can't let her go" was dope to me, cause i'm such a cameo fan. and that first song in which shawn sounded like "the meow mix" cat. 4 seasons something? that went number one. it was okay (me and rahzel would bust on this song for days singin the meow mewo meow meow part.) but it did go double platinum.

>
>
>Let me preface by saying that
>I am harder or just
>as hard as many rappers
>today. Revoke my ghetto
>pass, call me "Carlton" from
>Fresh Prince,

("....it's not unusual to be...")

but "Quit Playing
>Games With My Heart" and
>"I Want It That Way"
>are fucking fantastic songs.

ok, i can admit that i fancy the latter.

>Sure, it's no better than
>New Kids or (to a
>lesser extent) Color Me Badd,
>but you can't resist their
>inductive powers. Yes, some
>of you have the songs
>in your head right now,
>just because I mentioned it.
> You too, quest.
>And it will play in
>your heads for the rest
>of the day, and for
>that, some of you will
>want to kill me (if
>not yourselves). But deep
>inside, you know I am
>right.

but i only know them shits cause they were paid for. plain and simple. they were paid for. if mtv wouldn't touch it, neither will radio, and without those two you might as well be.....common.

>
>Boyz II Men haven't done this
>since "On Bended Knee", and
>their attempts to sound like
>112 instead of themselves on
>their last tape didn't help.

hmmmm to each his own. im just saying if they got play, then there would be no problem.

>
>
>If BIIMen wanna make great records,
>then they need to get
>back w/Face or Jimmy&Terry.

they did.

> If they want to
>make money, they need to
>get Diane Warren or Richard
>Marx to write some empty,
>sugary shit with an irresistible
>hook as well as get
>rid of the razor bumps.

true. you're right you conceited bastard.

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
hans (chaos)........jan

honorary members:

jepordy time!

?uestion: maria's response to what breakfast i wake up to everymorning while on the road.

(cream of wheat, with vanilla butter, brown sugar, raisins and cream....yummmmmmmmmmmmm...

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

MrBastard
Charter member
252 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 11:57 AM

18. "RE: well....true is true"
In response to Reply # 16

>>Boyz II Men's crash and burn
>>has more to do with
>>misguided Motown/Uni/AOL Records...

>okay so perhaps andre harrel had
>some shit to do with
>it.
>

Maybe not him personally, (I kinda liked that Ladae! joint) but compared to Jive nowadays, Motown might as well be Warlock or Ichiban Records. Jive is a marketing machine, it seems. Remember, this is the same "Jive" that brought us Ms. Melodie and Steady B.

>personaly "i can't let her go"
>was dope to me, cause
>i'm such a cameo fan.

That's the first time I've ever seen a video sampled. Am I the only one that noticed that "I Can't Let Her Go" looked exactly like "If It Isn't Love"? If Wanya poured some water over his head...

>
>but it did go double
>platinum.
>

the meow mix song had a really expensive video, double platinum might not have been enough. Last month, B2Men played at the local rodeo. How the mighty have fallen.

>
>but i only know them shits
>cause they were paid for.
>plain and simple. they were
>paid for. if mtv wouldn't
>touch it, neither will radio,
>and without those two you
>might as well be.....common.
>

You said it, I didn't. Funny, "The Light" is getting play here in Houston, of all places.

Maybe we can get Rosie O'donne...oh shit I can't get it out w/o laughing.

>
>hmmmm to each his own. im
>just saying if they (Boyz II Men)got
>play, then there would be
>no problem.
>

Nah, there's got to be *something* there. You can't force it down people's throats w/promotion as much. Drag-On? Puff Daddy Forever? Black Rob? Busta Rhymes?

Alas, we disagree. There goes my backstage pass to the Houston show...

MrB

BEN

Tue Apr-11-00 12:35 PM

19. "Eff That!"
In response to Reply # 18

> Last month, B2Men played
>at the local rodeo.
>How the mighty have fallen.

Better a rodeo that a Hardees commerical singing about "Momma's Biscuits."

Peace and love,

"If a man wants a taco, you don't throw him an enchilada!" -Like Water For Chocolate (The Movie)

"Mine is a comic art, but that does not detract from its seriousness" -Flannery O'Connor, in reference to her writing

"The cures all ills and wrongs, the cares, the sorrows and the crimes of humanity, all lie in the one word "love". It is the divine vitality that everywhere produces and restores life."
-Lydia Maria Child

I can't knock you for not knowing/ But I could for you not wanting to learn/ Nor for asking/ But I could for you not willing to earn/ No I can't, for someone to even havta tell me twice/ So this music is my sacrifice/ So I be dedicated, determinated, and dependable/ To demonstrate directly/ And use the opportunity correctly/ So forget the gold teeth/ Forget the bald head/ forget it sound country/ Just remember what I said...

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 12:53 PM

20. "RE: well....true is true"
In response to Reply # 18

damn you bastard, i was agreeing with you...

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
hans (chaos)........jan

honorary members:

jepordy time!

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 12:53 PM

21. "did you say....RODEO? oh god....explain this one pleeeeeze."
In response to Reply # 20

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
hans (chaos)........jan

honorary members:

jepordy time!

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

MrBastard
Charter member
252 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 01:44 PM

23. "RE: did you say....RODEO? oh god....explain this one pleeeeeze."
In response to Reply # 21

I bullshit you not. Ok, maybe a little. As you might have guessed, rodeo's pretty big down here. The "big" rodeo lasts bout two weeks, mostly a bunch of country acts. On, ahem, "Black Heritage Day" they throw "us" a bone and bring an (urban) act to perform before the calf roping and bareback riding. Previous years: Smokey Robinson, Lou Rawls, Luther Vandross, Lionel Richie.

This year, it was Boyz 2 Men, the only show this year not to sell out. (Motown Filly?) But hey, it's a check.

Don't laugh, quest. Y'all might be next.

"Y'all gone on now and put y'alls hands together for them there uh..Dee...Dee Angelo and the Moas Deef!"

MrB

BEN

Wed Apr-12-00 12:12 PM

25. "Explain this one pleeeeeze."
In response to Reply # 23

>I bullshit you not.
>Ok, maybe a little.
>As you might have guessed,
>rodeo's pretty big down here.
> The "big" rodeo lasts
>bout two weeks, mostly a
>bunch of country acts.
>On, ahem, "Black Heritage Day"
>they throw "us" a bone
>and bring an (urban) act
>to perform before the calf
>roping and bareback riding.
> Previous years: Smokey
>Robinson, Lou Rawls, Luther Vandross,
>Lionel Richie.
>
>This year, it was Boyz 2
>Men, the only show this
>year not to sell out.
> (Motown Filly?) But
>hey, it's a check.
>
>Don't laugh, quest. Y'all might
>be next.
>
>"Y'all gone on now and put
>y'alls hands together for them
>there uh..Dee...Dee Angelo and the
>Moas Deef!"

LOL! Lord forgive me. I have to push this up.

Peace and love,

-Lydia Maria Child

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 10:26 AM

13. "RE: I still don't believe it...."
In response to Reply # 8

>come on will.....money talk$ louder than
>ever.

no doubt...hell, for the right price (or any price really), I'd sing for them fools...regardless of the fact that I can't sing for shit.

>take 6 was in the
>orchestra pit singin. i think
>it was with them, not
>for them.

that makes it a little better...being that they sung all together and not with Take 6 doing it all.

>shit is too disposable. i mean
>as sugary as their shit
>is, are we to throw
>boyz2men away cause they are
>now 30? i should think
>that they sing better than
>ever now.............but will the industry
>let em back in?

probably not, they can still sing their asses off, but their music quality has fallen way down from their first album. They're corny as shit now.

ILLWILL
--------

"Richard simmons es feo pero sisqo es muy guapo"--Steve (TRANSLATION: Richard Simmons is ugly, but Sisqo is very sexy)

"Nick and Rhome gang up on me on the
threeway."--Steve

"ok I really need to smoke a butt"--Steve

"It's all about me, me, me, me, me, and I'm Mya with a big dick though and you faggot like Sisqo"--Ras Kass

"What I don't understand is how can Sisqo, who's like 190 in gay years come out with a damn song about thongs and then title the shit 'thong song'?"--Mil

"Sisqo scored a 60 on the Gay Slam Dunk contest... I saw it on GaySPN."--Mil

"Sisqo is a 12.4 on the gay richter scale."--Mil

i'm back...?

Edub32

Wed Apr-12-00 01:17 PM

26. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yo, if that ish is true about Take6 then that is straight wack. Somebody needs to blow up the hostreet boys spot. Something like this should be major news. But it really shouldn't suprise anybody. Remember rule #4080. Peace

Snavon

Tue Apr-11-00 04:09 AM

4. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 0

read between da linez .

s.

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 05:38 AM

6. "you ain't lyin' ?uest!!!!!!:D"
In response to Reply # 0

eff the backstreet boys. i'm glad you didn't return the compliment. do you honestly...no, do they honestly think they deserve to be in the same company as the soultronics??? get the eff outta here.
that's what i'm saying man!!! i mean ?uest, how do you and d' stand it? i can just see BSB trying to blow up your spot. especially that whigga A.J.

anyone ever notice how no matter how corny or wack a BSB song is, A.J. just acts like it's way too funky?!? especially when they're peforming.

i don't know anymore. just hurry up and get back on the road so you can spread the funk...

"everybody that's fakin' the funk, i'ma put you in school." chicken grease

www.pacifictrainingcenter.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/San-Diego-CA/Pacific-Training-Center-Boxing-Muay-Thai-Fitness/145216788833188

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 05:53 AM

7. "Al Jolson Style 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I thought I told ya that he don't stop!

Minstrel Music anyone?

If you CANT sing, dont' do it, do something else!

Too many struggling motherfuckers with talent.

Wait a minute! This is the record business!

I retract my statements

Carry on.

GET CRUNK!

I AM BLACK MUSIC

"I love you more than band music and cookie making!"
- Daniel Monihan/The Other Sister

"from the pit of the bottom, that knows no floor" - D'Angelo

"If everyone did what they wanted, instead of what they should, there'd be CHAOS" - Simon Birch

"I must be an acrobat to talk like this and act like that" - Bono/U2

"Sign my publishing? What a laugh! I don't know Bo, but I do know math!" - Prince

"Somebody let me hold a #2 pencil cuz they testing!" - Dre/Kast

"You took me riding in your rocket & gave me a star, about a 1/2 mile from heaven you dropped me back down to this cold, cold world" - Stevie

RESPECT MY AUTHORITA!!!!! Cartman/South Park

Fire vs. Drag-On: "I'm suing him for defamation/retardation of character!" - the "real" fire

"my heart exceeds it's normal pace, while oxygen takes a violent haze from my face" - Stokely/MintCondition

"You read MY whole post before you walk around here thinking you're breathing thunder and shit......"- Eccentric

EFF A SHORT SIGNATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firefire100@hotmail.com

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

el_rey
Charter member
5626 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 06:15 AM

9. "RE: Al Jolson Style 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

That's why they will forever be known as the Blackface Boyz to me.

love and respect,
El Rey

When I am the millionaire I'm supposed to be I still don't want to lose touch with my community. - (c)fire

Tell Me the Meaning of Being Lonely could make me cry on the right day. - (c)fire

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
who are you

really

proselytizer

Tue Apr-11-00 10:47 AM

15. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't believe people are really thinking this. Trust me. That was not Take 6 singing up there. ?uest was being facetious. It was a joke.

Take 6 are Grammy winning artists in their own right. Quincy Jones called them the greatest vocal ensemble on the planet. Moreover, I heard the rendition in question by the Backstreet Boys, and Take 6 could pull off a better version while dealing with a case of collective laryngitis.

>Just reading ?uest's recent tour update,
>and I feel outta the
>loop. What was this
>Take 6 thing at the
>Grammies? When did Take
>6 sing for the Backstreet
>Boys? During the Elton John
>thing or during their solo
>performance?

-----------------
Keynote
Patent Law Adviser and Proselytizer

No weapon formed against me shall prosper...
--Isa. 54:17
-----------------

nrp

Tue Apr-11-00 11:16 AM

17. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 0

oops. i just responded to ?uestlove directly, and i meant it for the board. en tou cas, joey kibble (take 6 member) denies the group was at the grammy's period, let alone singing for bsb. the business is funny that way...

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Tue Apr-11-00 12:57 PM

22. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 17

then what are they doing backstage at the vh-1 show? hmmmm? maybe it's 5 of em.

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
hans (chaos)........jan

honorary members:

jepordy time!

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

proselytizer

Tue Apr-11-00 02:10 PM

24. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 22

Okay, now I'm struggling.
Truth... blurred... sarcasm detector...malfunctioning....

So, definitively, ?uest, are you being completely serious? I thought it was an off-the-cuff remark.

Of course, if you make me budge from my previously firm position, and then pull a "sike!", I'll be salty.

>then what are they doing backstage
>at the vh-1 show? hmmmm?
>maybe it's 5 of em.
>
>
>
>
>THE SOULQUARIANS
>chewy (quest).....jan
>luke (d)........feb
>lando (jaydee)......feb
>cp30 (james poyser).....jan
>r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan
>hans (chaos)........jan
>anakin (lil mike)......feb
>
>honorary members:
>kelo- soulacorn.......jan
>common- soulcies......march
>erykah- soulcies......feb
>zack- soulicorn.......feb
>anthony hamilton-soulquarian.jan
>
>
>jepordy time!
>
>the answer: PPPPPPTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHBTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
>
>?uestion: maria's response to what breakfast
>i wake up to everymorning
>while on the road.
>
>(cream of wheat, with vanilla butter,
>brown sugar, raisins and cream....yummmmmmmmmmmmm...
>
>
>
>...ok i guess i'd say the
>same shit if i woke
>up to ramen every morning.)
>

-----------------
Keynote
Patent Law Adviser and Proselytizer

No weapon formed against me shall prosper...
--Isa. 54:17
-----------------

nrp

Thu Apr-13-00 08:24 AM

27. "RE: Take 6/Backstreet Boys at Grammies?"
In response to Reply # 22

i don't doubt it, but i'm moderately intrigued by the lack of discretion in the face of the denial...

nrp

"you claim your knowledge is born/but are you man enough to raise it?" -- one2

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #25169 Previous topic | Next topic