Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #24083

Subject: "Get Well Soon Card" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
k_ysla

Wed May-03-00 06:17 PM

"Get Well Soon Card"

This post is from the heart.

As a huge fan and one that truly admires Michael, I am concerned to hear of his illness.

Please take care of yourself and do not worry about making amends, only of healing your body.

Here's something that may brighten your spirits.

Kindred Spirits

What is it about you
That makes u so familiar?
As though I know your scent
The taste of your lips?

I've savored before but never felt the sensation
Or maybe, by chance, was given the opportunity
To feast on one's love
But chose not to for fear of rejection.

And still I fall upon unfamiliar territory
Not aware of my surroundings
Unable to enjoy one's company
For the dream was more satisfying.

But you, you're different.
I awake with your smell in my skin
I feel you brush me ever so gently
And can still taste your tongue---
that of sweet nectar from a
freshly fallen peach.

YOU'RE so familiar to me.

The episodes were there in my dreams long ago
That smile electrifies me now as it did
years before
Yes, I've dreamt of you, but was unaware
Kindred spirits find a way.

Get Well Soon, Sweety. You're in my prayers.

Kysla

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Get Well Soon Card
May 10th 2000
k_ysla
May 10th 2000
buffy
May 15th 2000
ternelljade
May 11th 2000
mizzcheif
May 11th 2000
Don't know what you got till it's gone..........
May 11th 2000
ColeyCole99
May 11th 2000
sapphire
May 11th 2000
God Bless You, D'
May 11th 2000
May 11th 2000
RE: Get Well Card
May 11th 2000
untitled
May 11th 2000
May 11th 2000
nasteelover
May 11th 2000
Get Well Soon
ladyt277
May 12th 2000
May 12th 2000
May 12th 2000
honee
May 12th 2000
honee
May 12th 2000
apolly
May 12th 2000
nora
May 15th 2000
euphoric_missNY
May 15th 2000
get well wishes from me to u
MzMoBlac1
May 15th 2000
May 15th 2000
May 15th 2000
Be Intense
Solange
May 15th 2000
Lawd, for the millionth time.......
May 16th 2000
D'angelo
EbonyLuvs
May 16th 2000
That was beautiful
Shai4NY
May 16th 2000
hope you get well soon
badtzmaru
May 16th 2000
May 21st 2000

sweetd
Member since Jan 13th 2005
0 posts
Wed May-10-00 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

GIIIIIIIIIIIRL!!!!! YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MY MIND AND HEART!!!

This was so nice of you to write for D, I hope he reads it because it sounds genuine.

I wonder if this man is aware of how deeply he touches people, I mean he has set a standard that will be very hard for others to live up to.
D is special because I don't think of him as a celebrity or someone untouchable, he's like a friend or a lover. Someone intimate or familiar, I find myself comparing the men I meet to him, I want someone who can just seep into my soul the way D'angelo has, and as you said someone who's like a memeory or a past dream, a deja vu you can almost touch.
That's what a true connnection is and thanks to people like D'angelo, I can recognize it and strive to keep that type of love in my life.

Thanks K_ysla for your beautiful words, add my name to that card!

Sweet

YOU ALWAYS END UP LIVING WHAT YOU SPEAK...SO BE CAREFUL AND SPEAK ONLY POSITIVITY BECAUSE KARMA IS A FUNNY THING....DON'T FUCK WITH IT BECAUSE IT WILLY SURELY FUCK YOU UP.

and that's straight from my heart.

k_ysla

Wed May-10-00 03:15 PM

2. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you very much. That is the "sweet"est compliment next to D's.

Kysla

buffy

Mon May-15-00 08:53 AM

22. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 1

May God Bless You! You are in my prayers!

ternelljade

Thu May-11-00 02:51 AM

3. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey K_ysla,

Your card is beautiful. I'm definitely feeling it. I'd like to add my name too, if it's okay with you.

Take care,

Ternell Jade

mizzcheif

Thu May-11-00 04:51 AM

4. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey Kysla that was a very touching poem... you have words and experssions for days... You know I would love to be added to that card.. for sure.... If you need anything let me know ... oh yeah check your work e-mail.
After reading your poem now I know why D keeps the other one close to his heart.. it all makes sence now!

From,
The Big Bodied One!

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Thu May-11-00 08:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Don't know what you got till it's gone.........."
In response to Reply # 0

I attended the DC concert series and I think alot of people took for grant that this man was performing like 4 shows in DC...I think the 3rd show had almost no people in the balcony...I myself was upset because there he was singing his heart out and the Soulquarians playing till they was out of breath. People were saying well I'll catch the next show or I'll catch the next show. And now what no next show...All I have to say is D get well soon. Heal that beautiful throat so you can continue to provide beautiful music for all of those who appreciate you...

P.S. Everybody that did'nt get to go....You missed it..

Sha

You want it one way, when it's the other (c) Marlo Stansfield

ColeyCole99

Thu May-11-00 10:16 AM

6. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

That was really sweet of you. I truly wishes he gets better. My heart will always be with him whatever he is going through. So keep your head up at all times D. May God be with you at all times. Love U D'Angelo!!!!!!!!!

Love always Nicole(OkayPlayer ColeyCole99)

"OKAYPLAYER RULES"

"SMACK YOUR ASS PULL YOUR HAIR" "D'ANGELO"

"LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE" "COMMON"

sapphire

Thu May-11-00 11:29 AM

7. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 6

That was really nice of you, truly sincere! I hope that you all (The Soultronics) are doing well, and in good spirits!!! Well wishes, thoughts, and prayers are with you all!!!

Take Care,
Always,
Sapp

Jilasijah
Charter member
3534 posts
Thu May-11-00 11:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "God Bless You, D'"
In response to Reply # 0

Our prayers are with you!!!

Jill

"When you out there in the world, I'm still your girl! With all my classes, I don't have the time for life's thrills" -Eve, You Got Me

"From kings and queens becomes a prince. Knowledge wisdom is understanding what we need" - D'Angelo, "Africa"

MrBastard
Charter member
252 posts
Thu May-11-00 12:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

What did you write that with? A quill??

Now I know who took my old Hallmark cards. Copyright your poem, get an agent, Brian McKnight just might take your shit.

MrB

silver
Charter member
110 posts
Thu May-11-00 02:21 PM

10. "RE: Get Well Card"
In response to Reply # 0

That Was Beautiful Kysla!
And To that I have 2 Add My two Cents With Something That Me and My friend Untitled Wrote The other Day!

Through U We Became Friends,
And Once Again,
A Helping Hand U seem 2 lend!
There's Nothing We Won't Don,
2 Show Appreciation 4 U!
Across the miles,
We Hope 2 give U a smile,
We Know It's Been hard for awhile!
The Way U laugh, Smile, Sing, About Soul,
It brings us together in a major unseen role!
The Collaboration of 2 talents,
And the Love of 1 man,
Has brought together Hearts and Souls,
With a pen in hand!
Our Love does not go by:
Who you've slept with,
And who has caught your eye,
But Your Spiritual and Sensual side,
cannot be denied!
We Love U and all U do because It's on the real,
And through OUR growing Love and aspirations,
You've Shown Us, HOW IT FEELS!
But As it comes 2 U and Your Health,
Or your futuristic plans,
Just Keep In mind,
That WE LOVE U AND WILL REMAIN YOUR FANS!

MUCH LOVE & RESPECT-S.I.L.V.E.R.
"KEEP IT REAL AND FLOW FROM THE SOUL"-UNTITLED FROM OK BABY!

Check This "http://www.dangelosangels.com"

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more; it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."

William Shakes

untitled

Thu May-11-00 07:32 PM

11. "RE: Get Well Card"
In response to Reply # 10

Hey thanks to Silver we came up with this bomb ass poem.. I hope you like it D... ummm Look D you need to take care of yourself thats fisrt and formost... so take care of yourself... hope to see your next album whenever it may be... I've been praying for you eversince i found out... I know Gods with you in all of this and will protect you through the whole situation...umm I can't think of any great words to tell you.. look at your arm those are the words I use everytime I get into a situation like this... I mean when I'm sick... sorry this probably doesn't sound good... I'm rambling... sorry... just do everything you know you should and you'll be back on your feet in no time... its way more important to me that your healthy than your doing some show...I hope this is the end of your sickness though... wouldn't want you to be down from seeing oyur family or anything like that... sorry if I'm scrambled in thought theres like 4 people talking to me on the net... its kinda confussing...sorry I keep getting off subject... okay here it is D.. get well please.. pray.. adn I'll pray.. and we'll all be praying for D... can't wait to hear from you...LOVE YOU D'ANGELO...

keep it real and flow from the soul....

untitled.........

tynie626
Charter member
1860 posts
Thu May-11-00 08:54 PM

12. "RE: Get Well Card"
In response to Reply # 11

hi D'!!! just wanns send my love on to you baby!!!! i woke up out of my slep to write this message cuz i had a very good dream about you. if you are bored and would like to know just email me" tynie626@aol.com.

anyway, i love you and your music so get well soon so you can soothe my soul with that delicious voice of yours!!!
one love baby and feel better!!!

::hugs and kisses::--lez

--------
twitter: /tynie626

nasteelover

Thu May-11-00 09:04 PM

13. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

USE TO WRITE HAVEN'T IN A LONG TIME WELL HERE IT GOES........

WHEN I HEAR YOUR NAME,
YOUR VOICE,WE GROW CLOSER.

WHEN I SEE YOUR FACE,
YOUR SMILE,WE GROW CLOSER.

ARE CONNECTION IS DEEPER THAN WORDS
ARE LOVE IS MUCH MORE THAN THEY CAN SEE

YOUR IN ARE THOUGHTS,PRAYERS,WISHES AND DREAMS
THOUGH IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE ONE'S SOUL CAN TOUCH SO MANY

FROM YOUR HEART
OUR HEARTS
MIND,BODIES,AND SOULS

WHEN THE CREATOR MADE YOU HE BROKE THE MOLD
ARE HEARTS YOU CONTROL
ARE MINDS YOU UNFOLD

AND KEEP US YEARNING FOR THE UNTOLD
UNLOCKING SPRITS PRESENT,PAST,AND FUTURE

ARE SOULS ARE FED,
BUT YET NOT FULL

FOR YOUR PURPOSE
HAS NOT BEEN BROUGHT TO THE NEW WORLD

FOR OTHERS WHO CAN NOT FEEL
THOSE WHO CAN'T LOOK PASS
THE SEXUAL APPEAL

AND TO THOSE WHO KEEP IT REAL
YOUR PURPOSE WILL BE COMPLETE

CAUSE AS WE GROW CLOSER
OUR SOULS WILL MEET

HOPE THIS BRINGS JOY TO YOU D AND OTHERS
YOUR IN MY PRAYERS AND I HOPE AND WISH YOU WELL

EMOTIONALLY YOURS
NASTEE
(NICI)

ladyt277

Fri May-12-00 12:39 AM

14. "Get Well Soon"
In response to Reply # 0

D'Angelo,

My daughter and I are praying for your recovery.
You seem to be a kind and compassionate Brother who has been blessed with a talent that really moves the masses. Keep on doing what you're doing
because we love your style. God Bless.

Ladyt277 and T.W.G.S (my daughter)

Vena
Charter member
399 posts
Fri May-12-00 05:41 AM

15. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

We all wish you a speedy recovery. We hope to hear from you or see you real soon.

You Things in Life

The best kind of friend is the kind you can chill with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you ever had.

Luv yo self and others will follow!!

Peace

I m A g I n I n A T i O n N O T i M i T a T i O n!

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Fri May-12-00 10:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

k-ysla: I'm sorry I hadn't made it in here before but this was a beautiful thing you did. I myself had written a poem for D' with similar sentiments and it's so next level that you (we) can feel that way about someone who we (I) don't know.

Sometimes, I go about my day and wonder how he's doing, what he's feeling. Wishing him peace of mind and physical health. It took him so long to bring it back to us and now this. . .sometimes life is full of surprises and it's so fleeting.
When I hear bad news about him I automatically start wondering what's going through his mind. Is he being pampered? Is he worried? Is he resting? Does he know that we genuinely care? I get a bad taste in my mouth like it was my own family member or something. It's too strange to describe.

I truly believe that the gift and power and talent that D' has makes him larger than life but at the same time the boy next door. Maybe it's knowing he's from the South and that southern charm they possess or maybe it's just the way the emotion in his songs move me. At times they have made me laugh, cry, say "WHOOOOO, Dayum this is BLAZIN!" or just sit there in utter amazement at how his music touches me and how someone so young could be so old.

I couldn't wait for Voodoo. I was literally GEEKING, you hear me? I knew from the first time I heard the entire Brown Sugar joint that he was a very, very rare breed. Everytime we got a "treat" like "She's Always In My Hair" or "Heaven Must Be Like This" and even "Nothing Even Matters" I was ecstatic. I can always tell almost from the first 3 or 4 notes of a new song when it's D! We are truly blessed to have him. I feel so honored to be a witness to his evolution. I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about. I had retired my CD for a rest cuz' now I'm listening to Com, TR and Q-Tip these days but I'ma have to break it out when I get home!

Anyway, barring all else, D' is most definitely one of God's favored and I pray that he will be restored. But I don't doubt Him. . .I know he will.

WE LOVE YOU D'ANGELO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. YOU ARE CONSTANTLY IN MY PRAYERS!

And thank you so much ?uestlove for keeping it real with us and letting us know. It makes me feel like I'm eavesdropping on some top secret ish, lol! YOU ARE MOST DEFINITELY CHOSEN AS WELL!!!! maria is a lucky girl!

Much Love and Respect,

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage ~ ANAIS NIN

honee

Fri May-12-00 08:53 PM

17. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

That was entirely beautiful.Keep writing.

honee

Fri May-12-00 09:05 PM

18. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 17

D'Angelo,
Everyday I think of you. I'm wondering where you are, what you are doing, and if you are truly resting! I hope that you are! I hope that you are taking good care of yourself.It's strange that a man whom I've never met could take up so much space in my heart.Your likeness is etched in my memory. No matter how many miles I run, I can't seem to lose whatever root you've worked on me. Please take care of yourself. Remember that your life is so much important than your career. Your in my prayers.
Love ya,
Yvette

apolly

Fri May-12-00 11:05 PM

19. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 18

hey D, god. get ur vitaman c and shit. take some spiralina. i know it anit all that on the taste but its good for the immune system. get ur hot tea too though.

and to all ya'll cats that was saying D wasn't that sick, the man was coughing up all types of shit and was still willin to hit the stage and give just and "okay" (not that good) show. yall need to just be peace and wish the man better.

peace,
apolly

"An A&R told me that i use to many catch phrases
true I'm trying to catch all my people in all different stages
all different phases

it's like that y'all..."-
Talib Kweli

nora

Mon May-15-00 06:02 AM

20. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

D' i love you and hope you get well soon...your always in my prayers...and dreams, hahaha! for real though. feel better soon!!

euphoric_missNY

Mon May-15-00 06:13 AM

21. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you Kysla for the opportunity of allowing die-hard fans write to D (my favorite artist of all time) in this his time of need. I truly hope that D gets the chance to read this because it is so full of emotion and generosity from the heart by his fans. "Kindred Spirits" is an excellent choice because many do not look at D as an artist. I view him as a really good friend that I can turn to in my time of need just by listening to his music. I have supported D from the beginning (as well as many others) and my blessings and prayers are all for D'Angelo and the people who put this get well card together. Please sign my name to the card. May God bless you, D. Please get well soon. Thanks again Kysla... Love Always, euphoric_missNY.

MzMoBlac1

Mon May-15-00 09:59 AM

23. "get well wishes from me to u"
In response to Reply # 0

Get well soon D'Angelo. My prayers are with you.

Love Angie

Nayyirah
Charter member
903 posts
Mon May-15-00 03:44 PM

24. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

Take Care & Get Well Soon!!

Peace & LOVE
Nayyirah

*May = Offensive Quotes Month*

You need to stop rappin and start robbin banks like Steady B - Rass Kass

Stay above the law like Judge Judy giving blow jobs - Rass Kass

Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk/ That's like Christopher Reeves doing the crip walk -Xzibit

"Me and Nayriah go back like babies and pacifiers" - nickelz45

who you think you foolin/you ain't a battle cat/your like an anorexic bitch/you only think your phatt - Jihad

AOL & AIM = WtfNay

http://www.myspace.com/lovelylovelace

the2ndsurvivor
Charter member
3106 posts
Mon May-15-00 04:37 PM

25. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

You're in my prayers. The Lord has blessed you with a wonderful gift so do whatever it takes to protect that beautiful voice.

"It ain't about the muscles if you know how to use the knuckles."---my little sister

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes
4 muscles to extend your arm and
bitch-slap the fool upside the head..."---anonymous

Look over to your left...yeah, up in the corner. As a suggestion, you may want to take two.

Solange

Mon May-15-00 06:30 PM

26. "Be Intense"
In response to Reply # 0

Get well, D'Angelo. Some of us who post here are not in the music business, but we are aware of the demands and hard work which go into production of projects which require dedication. I am sure that another project will eclipse Voodoo, because you have the talent and potential to do it. I was at the show in Houston on April 15th, and I want to thank you for that experience. Keep your intensity. I know your body will fail you at times, but 'listen' to it when it will not yield to you. <romarebearden@hotmail.com> (More Hard Core Treats-I Like the Dirt too.

LoveJonez
Charter member
28186 posts
Tue May-16-00 04:04 AM

27. "Lawd, for the millionth time......."
In response to Reply # 0

please wrap your loving arms around D'. For we know that by Your stripes, we are healed. In Jesus' name. Amen

D', I'm speechless when it comes to u. Just know that you are in my unceasing prayers.

Get betta Man!

Love ya!

Your okaycuzzin,
LoveJonez

Awaiting for "D' Arrival" on Sunday May 7,2000 in Greensboro, NC at 7:30" *turned out to be D'cancellation*
"I ain't mad.....just speechless"
~LoveJones May 7,2000

"Please give us strength, Lord, to fight our battles. And we can walk on the streets of gold."
~D'Angelo '95

"Even if it take forever and a day for me 2 do. I've gotta Send It On 2 u."
~D'Angelo '00

"D' and I~ AQUEMINI"
~LoveJonez '00

"We're the Playas, number one."
~D'Angelo '00

SensualiTee@hotmail.com

EbonyLuvs

Tue May-16-00 08:42 AM

28. "D'angelo"
In response to Reply # 0

Dear D'angelo,

First of all I want to personally give you all my love, i hope you get better soon.

Secondly im your BIGGEST FAN (#1) i love you so much. When i listen to your music i just get emotional (whats your secret?..lol) you are my inspiration you motivate me to do alot of things, i was hoping to go to your concert at massey hall here in toronto but you never came , made a sister sad and shh...

Did i already tell you i love you? Well i do.

Keep doing your thang until we meet, get well soon

your girl

-Ebony

tia60@hotmail.com if you ever read this e-mail moi!

Shai4NY

Tue May-16-00 01:51 PM

29. "That was beautiful"
In response to Reply # 0

I hope he actually does get to read this, and realize his TRUE fans are really hoping he gets better for his health and not to finish the concert, and i'm not saying this just because I actually got to see his concert.

I mean people need to understand he is human, not SUPER human, human, he's sick, let him get better, he can't just take a pill, rest for a day and get back up, it's just not gonna happen, but anyway I hope people realize this.

I also hope people stop making vicious rumors about how he got the throat infection, I read something in EUR (i'm not gonna mention it!)and I was sooooo heated how peeps could just say things like that without even thinking about it, UGH!!

Anyway I hope you feel better some time soon D'Angelo, your in my prayers as well. Luv ya

-Shai

(^_^) (*_*) (~_~) (^_^) (*_*) (~_~)

*Hmmm I have to think of another pick up line until then...*

For May Offensive Quote Month we have:
My responce to dumb dicks...
Uh huh, ok, whassup, SHUT UP!!--Trick Daddy

For the record I Still Luv me some D'Angelo!!!

badtzmaru

Tue May-16-00 02:08 PM

30. "hope you get well soon"
In response to Reply # 0

hey mr. archer hope you get well soon, i had the same thing and it's no joke.so i know how you must be feeling, get some rest and hopefully all gose well:-). love ya boo jumoke a.k.a.:badtzmaru

TAZ
Member since Jun 01st 2002
2 posts
Sun May-21-00 03:33 PM

31. "RE: Get Well Soon Card"
In response to Reply # 0

Kysla...Girl your card is slamming....much love to you and much love to D whom I hear is feeling better. Kysla you got poetry skills !!!! But we TX cats got mad skills anyway....Ya Heard!!!!!

Riddle me this:
It all begins in LOVE and end in LOVE...So why is there HATE in tha middle ?

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #24083 Previous topic | Next topic