Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #23281

Subject: ""Send it On" - The Video" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
da8th
Charter member
660 posts
Wed Jun-07-00 09:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""Send it On" - The Video"

What's up (ok)players. Just happened to catch the Send it On video on BET, and I was wonderin' if anyone else saw it yet. Maybe i missed it and somebody posted this thread already; in that case.......sorry Steve! But if not, lemme know what's up, aiight? ;-(;-)

SOULQUARIANS, N*GGA WHAT??!?!!
(my shameless attempt to hopefully be down w/ their collective one day....even though i'm a capricorn....)

"All ya'll n*ggas lovin' MEEEEEEE!!!" - ODB

"I'm a very sincere and devoted fan of my d*ck/not to mention i'm also a F*cker." - Okayplayer Phil

eff a long quote....ya'll know who....

da8th has spoken

- dot.|maTic

Check out them Squarebiz kids....

"TastyTreats" @ Fluid - 4th &
South between South &
Bainbridge
Saturdays 10-2

**DJ Jazzy Jeff & Pete Rock In
the Sp

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE:
NewbiaLove
Jun 07th 2000
RE:
Jun 08th 2000
Send it on -Video
purpose
Jun 07th 2000
Get it on TRL
Jun 07th 2000
The Video...
vuduchild
Jun 07th 2000
did i just see...
Jun 08th 2000
RE: did i just see...
Jun 08th 2000
      RE: did i just see...
Jun 09th 2000
I Just Saw it
Jun 08th 2000
PUSH - PUSH - PUSH!!
Jun 08th 2000
use the search option. all your answers are there.
Jun 18th 2000
Finally Saw It!!!
Jun 08th 2000
It was cool!
Jun 09th 2000
RE: It was cool!
Trinamj2000
Jun 18th 2000
Send it On!
deninge
Jun 19th 2000
RE: Send it On!
Doctaspock
Jun 21st 2000
RE: Send it On!
MsB
Jun 22nd 2000
Send it On!
Phatycus
Jul 05th 2000

NewbiaLove

Wed Jun-07-00 11:10 AM

1. "RE:"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't seen the video yet but I wonder if people are aware that the melody of this song is from an old Kool N' The Gang record......

MeAnD_7
Charter member
756 posts
Thu Jun-08-00 04:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE:"
In response to Reply # 1

>I haven't seen the video yet
>but I wonder if people
>are aware that the melody
>of this song is from
>an old Kool N' The
>Gang record......

Yes it says it in the liner notes or somewhere in the CD booklet.

"Adjacent to the King, Fear no human being."-L-Boogie

"How you gonna win when you ain't right within."-L-Boogie

Come Correct Or Don't Come At All!!!

One Love Y'All, Okayplayer Style!!!

purpose

Wed Jun-07-00 02:35 PM

2. "Send it on -Video"
In response to Reply # 0

I KNEW SOMEONE WAS GOING TO BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!. I just ran home from work and jumped on the computer because I knew that I was the first to see it. The video is the bomb. I LOVE IT!!!! It makes me think back to the concert. That was a BAD concert (4/27/2000? D.C.). It also makes me want to go to another concert. And it makes me........... uhmm never mind.

Peace NIA

LOVES IN NEED OF LOVE TODAY - STEVIE WONDER
BE GOIN BOUT YO BUSINESS - Diana Ross (The Wiz)

the2ndsurvivor
Charter member
3106 posts
Wed Jun-07-00 03:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Get it on TRL"
In response to Reply # 0

I saw the video on MTV Jams today. Everyone needs to vote and get the video on TRL. The concert footage is a plus and his little boy looks so adorable!!

WORDS OF WISDOM:

"Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, in the clear."---Keith's Philosophies on Life

"It ain't about the muscles if you know how to use the knuckles."---my little sister

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes
4 muscles to extend your arm and
bitch-slap the fool upside the head..."---anonymous

Look over to your left...yeah, up in the corner. As a suggestion, you may want to take two.

vuduchild

Wed Jun-07-00 03:49 PM

4. "The Video..."
In response to Reply # 0

I've seen the video twice now, and it's already one of my favorite. It is also more justified for me to be watching it, since he doesn't get naked in it, and I'm an extremely heterosexual dude! But D' is the definition of a classic soul singer. The performance was great, and made me all the more anxious to see him live. I've heard that he's coming to Denver on August 1st, but I can't find any tickets. Can someone confirm this date for me, please? But back to the point, it was great to finally see the real D' in his best atmosphere. It was also nice to finally see his lil' son. And correct me if I am wrong, but was that his own security that he was trying to run past when he dove off of the stage? I've heard ?uest and Tiny talk about that happening in the tour diary, so it was funny to actually see it! This is also just taunting we true fans who are waiting for the damn live album! Come on, now, where's it at?!! Can't wait to hear it, because he's obviously even more mind blowing live than in the studio!! Don't get me wrong, I love the studio Voodoo, but... ah, nevermind. Ya'll know what I'm saying. Love and respect.
-B

illnes
Charter member
6363 posts
Thu Jun-08-00 03:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "did i just see..."
In response to Reply # 0

I saw it yesterday, i liked it. My favorite part was when it showed that bit of him waving his arm with the crowd. it's just a second of it, but it's mad unexpected.

I was amazed at one aspect of it, actually. There were a few black women of larger build in it. I think the last time i saw a large black woman on eMpTyV who wasn't Martin Lawrence was Redman's "I Be Dat" video.

Peace,
Illnes

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!"
- Homer Simpson

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Thu Jun-08-00 03:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "RE: did i just see..."
In response to Reply # 5

Nice, sweet video. I was buggin' cuz I thought they were teasing with the idea of a live album again...

But the video really captured the flavor of D's live show, truly awesome, I was lucky enough to hit the chi-town show where common dropped a verse.

I wasn't sure about the single at first, I love the song but I thought he would come with a more upbeat jam after untitled...but send it on works nicely nicely.

One Love,
BigPerm

serena_love
Charter member
3404 posts
Fri Jun-09-00 04:00 AM

11. "RE: did i just see..."
In response to Reply # 6

yeah when common came through I was reppin okayoplayer by bein the loudest mofo in my section while he was up there. The concert in the chi was the dopest shit! I woulda had a better time if my b/f wasn't trippin cause d was up there all naked and i just wanted to get naked wi him! nah mean? The video was tight highlighting his tour. i thought that was dope.

-Serena

"The new nachos bell grande is freaky deaky big! Crazy butt bumpin big!"-Some uncle tom ass negro readin some ish some kkk members wrote for a taco bell commercial, ain't that some shit?

O.K.P.D.D.A.(OkayPlayette Double-D Association)
sonyasimone-President
LordLadypharr-Vice President
krylonwifey1979-Treasurer
serena_love-Secretary

serena_love - Executive Bitch President
wtf you got to say about it? WHAT??!!

MeAnD_7
Charter member
756 posts
Thu Jun-08-00 04:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "I Just Saw it"
In response to Reply # 0

When I say I just saw it, I mean I jumped from the couch to this chair to post. The video is o.k. Nothing more. Nothing less. I think it's a good video for the fans that didn't get to see him perform. I went to the concert so the video isn't a big deal to me. His son looks just like him. I think that was the best part of the video, it was cute.

"Adjacent to the King, Fear no human being."-L-Boogie

"How you gonna win when you ain't right within."-L-Boogie

Come Correct Or Don't Come At All!!!

One Love Y'All, Okayplayer Style!!!

da8th
Charter member
660 posts
Thu Jun-08-00 05:11 PM

9. "PUSH - PUSH - PUSH!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Also, at the very beginning of the video, the band is playing this FUNKY-ass track during the warmup session....anybody have any idea what that is, or if it's been recorded anywhere????

SOULQUARIANS, N*GGA WHAT??!?!!
(my shameless attempt to hopefully be down w/ their collective one day....even though i'm a capricorn....)

"All ya'll n*ggas lovin' MEEEEEEE!!!" - ODB

"I'm a very sincere and devoted fan of my d*ck / not to mention i'm also a F*cker." - Okayplayer Phil

eff a long quote....ya'll know who....

da8th has spoken

- dot.|maTic

"TastyTreats" @ Fluid - 4th &
South between South &
Bainbridge
Saturdays 10-2

**DJ Jazzy Jeff & Pete Rock In
the Sp

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Sun Jun-18-00 09:56 PM

14. "use the search option. all your answers are there."
In response to Reply # 9

the chitlin' circuit class of 2000 (as published in vibe magazine sept. 2000)

?uestlove-grand nega, grand wizzard, soulquarian, soultronic, and still a root.

d'angelo- idu, dirty soul, soulquarian, and a soultronic.

jaydee- a villager, an ummaher, a soulquarian, and a j-88er

james poyser- a grand wizzard, an axis, and soulquarian.

common- cornbread, madame zenobite

q-tip- ummahite. triber.

erykah badu- bag lady with green eyes

mos def- good tree-ite. native toungueite. black star. 1/3 of the greatest comedy siblings since the hudson brothers. (guess this pop culture reference and i will send you an autographed copy of "from the ground up" must guess tv station, 3 brother's names, and what phrase did they utter every week?

talib kweli- an eternal reflection, a blacker star

bilal- boy genius. soultronic. (didn't know that huh?)

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

Rozjack
Charter member
237 posts
Thu Jun-08-00 06:37 PM

10. "Finally Saw It!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh my god, I finally saw it this morning. I sat in front of my tv hoping that it would come on so I could tape it. I said to myself, "I'ma sit here and wait til this muthfucka comes on damn it." Well after sitting through all of the booty shakin and bling bling videos they finally showed Send It On. Loved it. I especially loved the inserts of him performing other songs. Did ya'll check out ?uest's half braided half fro style? How cute.

C_Jon
Charter member
566 posts
Fri Jun-09-00 08:31 AM

12. "It was cool!"
In response to Reply # 0

It rocked. Lil Mike is so adorable.... THat song was for him...I also liked the footage from shoot darn your mother.......and it so reminded me of the concert that I saw in April. When he ran into the audience that so rocked. I can't wait until August. I am going to see him again.

Trinamj2000

Sun Jun-18-00 05:31 PM

13. "RE: It was cool!"
In response to Reply # 12

This is the best, coolest video I have seen in a long time. In an age of "thong songs" and whatnot, it's great to see a true performer, with wonderful melodies and lyrics. Speaking of which, I hope they put the beginning melody (so fly) on record. Coolest shit I've heard in a long time. This video is also good for people that won't get to go to the concert. D'Angelo-I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE COME TO AUSTIN, TEXAS. WE HAVE LOVE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

deninge

Mon Jun-19-00 07:30 AM

15. "Send it On!"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't seen the video yet, I keep trying to catch it when I'm at home, but I guess I miss it. My daughter told me if what off the hook, but she thought it was filmed at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, CA. Is that true? I attended that concert when he was here. Just a point of clarification

Doctaspock

Wed Jun-21-00 07:49 PM

16. "RE: Send it On!"
In response to Reply # 15

its funny, cause everyone must think that the video was shot at the D show they saw, because it looks just like the DC show i saw, does anybody know?

MsB

Thu Jun-22-00 03:25 AM

17. "RE: Send it On!"
In response to Reply # 16

I thought I read somewhere that it was filmed at the Richmond show. Not 100% sure, though.

Peace!!!

Phatycus

Wed Jul-05-00 03:12 PM

18. "Send it On!"
In response to Reply # 15

Girlfriend,
The video was definitely not shot at the CA show, nor was it of the DC show. But, in fact, it was at the Richmond show. It was shot at the Landmark Theater in Richmond,VA. I know because I was there. I believe that D preformed "Send It On" four times (twice during the show, once before, and once after) just to get everything 'perfect'! And that 'wave your hands in the air' bit of crowd participation was off the hook, huh?! I was really feeling that!! And, as for "Send It On" being a rendition of Kool and the Gangs "Sea of Tranquility", I have been trying to confirm that since the first time I heard the track. I even 'asked' D myself.... on this site, of course. But he never 'answered'. So, not to put you on the spot, or anything like that, D, is this a K&G cut? PHAT KISS

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #23281 Previous topic | Next topic