Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22754

Subject: "WARPED TOUR" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Rakaa

Wed Jul-19-00 02:46 PM

"WARPED TOUR"

There are at least 4,079 industry rules that never made a rap song. On top of that, there are an untold number of artist rules that never reach the view of the masses. Let me first thank all of the okayplayers that came down and rocked out with us. Second... hmmm... second, I would like to thank all of our family in the NEW YORK, SARATOGA, PITTSBURGH, BUFFALO, BOSTON, MONTREAL, BARRIE(TORONTO), and PONTIAC areas. There are some things that are beyond an individuals control in this crazy biz and your understanding is appreciated. We are in the process of designing new tour plans for 2000-1 so that we can party with you soon. Thank you all again for everything... thank you.

Stay wide awake.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
tour
nocturnalkat
Jul 19th 2000
superb
Jul 19th 2000
nice meeting you....
Jul 19th 2000
I was so close to going today, but...
Jul 19th 2000
Thanks for the signed slipmat!
Jul 19th 2000
It's understandable..
Jul 19th 2000
Rakaa
Jul 20th 2000
Thats all fine & dandy but...
Young_Isa
Jul 20th 2000
baby?
Jul 20th 2000
It's all good
Jul 20th 2000

nocturnalkat

Wed Jul-19-00 03:11 PM

1. "tour"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for updating folks personaly! There are a lot of artists that won't even respond to questions concerning canceled show dates. We don't need to know everything that goes down because that may be personal. I guess I'm trying to say is that acknowledgement is always nice.
Peace

" There's one good thing about music when it hits you.... You feel no pain. Hit me with music!- Bob Marley

polar
Charter member
904 posts
Wed Jul-19-00 03:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "superb"
In response to Reply # 0

You guys will still have have fun with D at the Pier in Seattle. I want to come through, but those shows are spendy expanding man!

"white men scream -'swim Starks sharks!'" - Tony Starks

"if you ain't got no rims nee-yah, don't get no wood-grain steering wheel , for real..." Big-Boi

"I don't want you for my baby or even my old lady you're just overcast and your ass is shady" Slim Kid Tre

"When I'm in the sound-proof booth I get loose" - Del.

"devasting mics and flows, spittin lyrics at your dome, and I write like a poem, notorious like Capone, a title I have a right to own" - Del.

twice as dope as most mc's/roast mc's/who is they supposed to be - Del

KDfromWestP
Charter member
562 posts
Wed Jul-19-00 03:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "nice meeting you...."
In response to Reply # 0

I met you in Cleveland and it was a pleasure catching your show (for the 1st time) and hanging afterwards...all I can say is I feel sorry for those who will miss out, but I know y'all will be back out there in no time....keep your head up bruh....peace.

TotalRequestloveLive
Charter member
5626 posts
Wed Jul-19-00 04:01 PM

4. "I was so close to going today, but..."
In response to Reply # 0

My friends and I were on our way to get tickets last night, but first I checked the news on here and found out one of the two groups I really wanted to see (J5 and Dilated)dropped off. Thanks for being straight with us and letting us know. I would have been pissed if I went and you weren't there; so thanks for keeping us up to date (warpedtour.com said you were still on)
Just make sure you visit upstate new york some time soon. Actually, eff Buffalo, ROCHESTER is where its at.

coupon
Member since Mar 24th 2004
20 posts
Wed Jul-19-00 06:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Thanks for the signed slipmat!"
In response to Reply # 0

Maybe one day I will be able to afford turntables. Do you know they sell those at Fat Beats? Are they supposed to sell promo items?

Heads don't know how long you've been in the game! Alot of Cali heads know, though. I wouldn't want to be the token group on a heavy metal tour either.

When I was walking through the crowd, I heard this girl say "Why is Wu-Tang here?" Ignorance!

If I win tickets and am home from this internship, I'll see you at the L.A. D'Angelo show. Babu has to be the illest DJ I have ever witnessed live.

Your post was vague, but it sounds like you are going through some growing pains or something. Underground group goes major. Besides people calling you sellouts, I want to know what else the experience has been like.

Coupon
Prince of Brokeness

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Wed Jul-19-00 08:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "It's understandable.."
In response to Reply # 0

But a motherfucker still wanted to see y'all in boston tommorow..oh well. LOL. Good luck with the new plans.

Peace,
Steve
OkayArtist Board Moderator
Please Read Guidelines:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
Email: okaysteve@hotmail.com
IM:Gigfog

jose3030
Charter member
59165 posts
Thu Jul-20-00 02:17 AM

7. "Rakaa"
In response to Reply # 6

As long as you hit up DC in the near future, everything's fine and dandy. Don't forget about us bammas.

WHILE IN DC, THIS CONVERSATION POPPED UP
We were at a gas station and the gas station itself was open for business, but I felt like I was in a prison cuz i couldn't go into the little mart as everything was behind bulletproof windows, etc....

"Man, that's so weird, you had to go in there and ask for a Slim Jim" -- my friend Miguel, 11:30pm , 7/9/2000.

"Yea man, usually, I have females asking me for that shit..".. -- myself.

Young_Isa

Thu Jul-20-00 06:37 AM

8. "Thats all fine & dandy but..."
In response to Reply # 0

did you get any COOCH on tour???

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Thu Jul-20-00 08:13 AM

10. "baby?"
In response to Reply # 8

: : : : :D

freaks make it happen!!!u aren't a freak. sorr (c) Rodney

KISS MY ASS WITH A STRAW! (c) Arliss Michaels

"i appreciate vorcaciously vivrant vivacious venomous vexation...even if it is vituperative" - asighn4jane

"ya breathe stink like hickory smoked possum urine "- neb

"white paper invented crayons...."-asighn4jane

www.wanmor.com

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

nick
Charter member
131 posts
Thu Jul-20-00 07:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "It's all good"
In response to Reply # 0

It was great to meet you in Cleveland and i can't wait to see you perform again. For the one's that missed Dialated, make sure you see them next time around. Don't worry Raaka, the okayfam got your back.

the rap game is all fucked up now, what we goin do now, how we goin eat man, 50 back around

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22754 Previous topic | Next topic