Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22571

Subject: "shhhhh..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Rakaa

Tue Jul-25-00 12:03 PM

"shhhhh..."

Let's keep this low key, okay? Cool.

Since we all know that it takes a while for artists like D'angelo and Lucy Pearl to get into town and set up shop, Dilated is about to hustle this sh*t! We plan to sneak on to some of these big ass stages and rock for okayplayers (and some enlightened others) before their show! We have a little side deal worked out with the security guards, so all you have to do is show up early with your D/Lucy Pearl tickets and IT'S ALL GOOD! I hope to see the real live people in the house early. Stay posted to okayplayer.com for exact dates and venues... and please don't tell D.

Thank You

Rakaa(Iriscience)
Dilated/Expansion Team

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
No doubt Rakaa....EERIE-science!
Jul 25th 2000
Ayo...
Jul 25th 2000
...Good idea...
Jul 25th 2000
Sign the damn hat
Jul 25th 2000
Yeah...
Jul 26th 2000
RE: shhhhh...
netbomber
Jul 25th 2000
i wasn't gonna go....
Jul 25th 2000
L.A. is LOCKED
Jul 25th 2000
RE: L.A. is LOCKED
dobopwee
Jul 27th 2000
      no dizzzzoubt!
Jul 27th 2000
RE: shhhhh...
Jul 26th 2000
yeah, Boston needs ya
K-Dat
Jul 26th 2000
i wanna play too!
Jul 26th 2000
8/22 D'Angelo Show In Pittsburgh...
Jul 26th 2000
      damn!
Jul 27th 2000
           RE: damn!
Jul 27th 2000
                now y'all got me curious ..
Jul 28th 2000
                     RE: now y'all got me curious ..
Jul 29th 2000
Your Secret Is Safe....
Jul 26th 2000
This is my man *rocker* from dialated (c) clueless fan
Jul 27th 2000
no doubt, bay area....
Jul 27th 2000
RE: no doubt, bay area....
infinite7
Jul 27th 2000
up! and view all of course....
Jul 28th 2000

Sunn_Toucha
Charter member
304 posts
Tue Jul-25-00 02:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "No doubt Rakaa....EERIE-science!"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like a plan player...r u cats gonna be at the pnc bank arts center in jersey for d's show on the 29th of august? hope to catch you there and possibly meet up with you and the crew... I'll hit you with my cell if you want.One thing i've been meaning to tell you.."The long awaited" on Lootpacks album is one of the illest cuts ever...I'm glad you put in work on that..peace and respect

Sunn Toucha

"I said Im Black Thought,from out the 2-1-5th, maybe you heard about the dy-nasty I DO run with?" B.T.

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word"-Tony Montana,political prisoner from KOO-BAH

" Claimin u got pull when the only pull you got is the wool over your eyes, gettin knowledge in jail like a blessin in disguise...." -Talib Kweli

www.okayplayer.com
givin u the true sites since 1999

Have A Crunkalicious Day No

Mil
Charter member
33922 posts
Tue Jul-25-00 02:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Ayo..."
In response to Reply # 0

be there at the Orlando show in September man.... cause im goin to Warped but *ahem* SOMEONE *cough* *cough* dropped out.... Thank god for J5 or I wouldnt make the trip from Tampa. LoL.

Blowin the doors off shit like bricks of C-4,

Mil

AIM: Milspectah Deck
E-Mail: Mil@thejawn.com
http://www.thejawn.com

"Mixed race is the place/ It feels good to be neither/Its a relief to deny racial purity/We're amused as America slowly comes to see/The beauty of negritude and Native American attitude/We've been living it day-to-day since 1492"-Ed Morales, "Rebirth of the New Rican"

"...But Rebellion is the circle of a lover's hands, that must keep moving, always weaving."-Martin Espada, "Rebellion is the Circle of a Lover's Hands (Pellín and Nina)"

BKyle
Charter member
2923 posts
Tue Jul-25-00 03:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "...Good idea..."
In response to Reply # 0

Cool. Let's keep it on the hush-hush, Rakaa. I love secrets that the WORLD can read on the internet. Ha-ha. Your secret is safe with me. I'm sure that my Dilated/Expansion Team is put it down as only okayartists can!!! No doubt!

Maybe both you and D can perform top-less. Now THAT will sell some units!!! Good luck however it goes down.

Peace!

Brain Kyle A!

Reality is friskin' me, this industry will make you lose intensity! ~ Common

"...it's like niggas on a slave ship, braggin about who's got the biggest chain." ~ Talib Kweli

Let a nigga move where he's tryin' to move up to.~ Common

"I'm straight gutter... up-in-that ass foot-putter..." Black Thought (http://play.rbn.com/?url=okayplayer/okayplayer/g2demand/footputra.ra&proto=rtsp)

http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
Need assistance,hit up help@okayplayer.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/BKyle215
Subscribe now, and be among the 1st to peep the exclusive hip-hop stuff!!! B.Kyle Style!

sonyasimone
Charter member
8000 posts
Tue Jul-25-00 03:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Sign the damn hat"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey if y'all sneak into D's show in Chicago or just in general come out this way again...SIGN THE DAMN HAT!!!!!!!!! Common signed it with his no following instructions ass (Sign it once MAN! ONCE!!!!!!!)

What's the hat you ask? Its a stupid lampshade hat that various okayplayers take to any okayconcert and try to get the okayartists to sign. Leah (Evolution23) will be trying to get D and ?uest to sign it this weekend...so do your part ok?

Later~~~~~~
(don't worry...*I* won't tell D) LOL
This post is funny.

evolution_23
Charter member
19643 posts
Wed Jul-26-00 09:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "Yeah..."
In response to Reply # 4

and if you sign it...I have a certain plate of soul food(home-cooked by grandma) with your name on it! SO SIGN THE DAMN HAT!...*ahem*...I mean...sign the hat, please.

"Actually I'm more like a scientist with a degree in weedology." - J_Sun
----------------------------------------
Celebrating Ju-lie As Fake Quote Month

"Damn *licking fingers* I LOVES me some Harold's chicken!!" - Raina

"I don't care how y'all are positioned, pose yourselves." - LeroyBumpkin

"Ms. Fat Booty, Jr.? Really? I didn't even notice...I was too busy admiring nature." - MisterGrump

~continuously growing and changing~

netbomber

Tue Jul-25-00 06:47 PM

5. "RE: shhhhh..."
In response to Reply # 0

Your secret is safe with me BUT when are you guys coming back to PHILLY!!!

Since you know I missed your ass at the Warped Tour I've been feenin for some Dilated Energy.

I still owe you one cause you punked out last time cause of your throught was all effed up at N.J.(lol)

pz,
netbomber

"I battle all/Like I don't have it all"-Del

serena_love
Charter member
3404 posts
Tue Jul-25-00 07:37 PM

6. "i wasn't gonna go...."
In response to Reply # 0

to the lucy pearl show (i heard they sucked live) but maybe i will take a trip up to my local hob just to see ya'll!

-Serena

You like poetry? Go to
http://welcome.to/theloveshack to
check out mine.

keroline
Charter member
585 posts
Tue Jul-25-00 09:51 PM

7. "L.A. is LOCKED"
In response to Reply # 0

rakka, u know la gonna wreck shop for yall.

who was at the dangelo show when DEAD PREZ opened?
there were 5 people in all of universal ampitheater going crazy....only 5, in a theater that sits..10,000?
=caroline, jahbryll, lamont, chris, and rhome.

and people saw us...

u know mos definitely!!!

-------
There is really nothing more to say-except why. But since why is difficult to handle, one must take refuge in how.-the bluest eye.

"He don't get enough iron"- erykah badu

there comes a time in every mans life when he's gotta handle shit up on his own- tre(pharcyde)

10 g's, BANK on it- heather b

Its not my labado.

Buttercup Gorillatushie
ceo of b.b.b.s.

keep ya head up, always

dobopwee

Thu Jul-27-00 08:10 AM

16. "RE: L.A. is LOCKED"
In response to Reply # 7

I think I saw you! I remember, cause I hadn't heard of Dead Prez before that show (we hoped Mos might still be on the bill), and we saw like, ya, 5 (guys I think) people standing...in the whole place! I thought they were pretty cool, and have gotten their album since then. Anyways, if that was you, you have my respect. I think the people were near the front loge. We were row AA in orchestra, but we saw you (maybe you).
Looking forward to Dilated! Saw them in Irvine, was a very good show. They throwed what looked like a brick of weed into the crowd. It was crazy.
"I'm so bored of cowards who say what they want, then they can't handle." Bjork, 5 Years
Peace}}i{{Love}}i{{Empathy

keroline
Charter member
585 posts
Thu Jul-27-00 11:01 AM

19. "no dizzzzoubt!"
In response to Reply # 16

u saw us!!! TIGHT!!!!

one thing, im a girl, and the other 4 were guys,
we went CRAZY, we wanted to rush the stage but u know the people were all mad dawgin us cuz we were standing anyway....
we were in the orchestra section like right next to the bar that makes u go into the floor section...

dead prez is hot!!
and dilated....woohoo!! i love them guys, they are sweet!!!
-------
There is really nothing more to say-except why. But since why is difficult to handle, one must take refuge in how.-the bluest eye.

"He don't get enough iron"- erykah badu

there comes a time in every mans life when he's gotta handle shit up on his own- tre(pharcyde)

10 g's, BANK on it- heather b

Its not my labado.

Buttercup Gorillatushie
ceo of b.b.b.s.

keep ya head up, always

BrownSkinLady
Charter member
279 posts
Wed Jul-26-00 04:02 AM

8. "RE: shhhhh..."
In response to Reply # 0

I won't tell nobody.....as long as y'all COME TO BOSTON DAMNIT!! puhleeeeeeaaaaase

click it! http://www.volunteermatch.org

K-Dat

Wed Jul-26-00 05:18 AM

11. "yeah, Boston needs ya"
In response to Reply # 8

Y'all better be coming to Boston. Missed ya on the Warped tour so this will do. I wanna see Dilated in the house.

"I'm not the run of mill, cause for the mill I don't run" - KRS-ONE

"Put a mean ass flow on top of bad vocabulary" - Mystikal

"Your knight in rhyming armor" - Andre Benjamin

"At the mall, I'm baggin up, much more than gear. Victoria, be whisperin mad Secrets in my ear" - Guru

"Memories don't live like people do, They always remember you, Whether things are good or bad, its just the memories" - Mos Def

"Grooveallegience to the Funk, or the United Funk of Funkadelica" - George Clinton + Funkadelic

"Yo I'm in the eye of the storm, where the pressure's on, and MC's is dressed funny like a leprechuan" - Black Thought

E-mail: K Dat1@aol.com AIM: K Dat

nebt_het
Charter member
4614 posts
Wed Jul-26-00 04:24 AM

9. "i wanna play too!"
In response to Reply # 0

nebt is down for the get down

it's a competetive world for low-budget people, spending a dime while earning a nickel.. - buju banton

"tahitian fresh berry treat...she's a capricorn" -GhostFaceKillah

" E El Isum Shil El Eloh El Rahmun, Alazi Izu El Rahummul!"

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Wed Jul-26-00 04:39 AM

10. "8/22 D'Angelo Show In Pittsburgh..."
In response to Reply # 9

if you pop up then, i will be there actin the fool.

oh, the cd is hot, by the way..i know everyone else hates it, but i like it. its probably one of the best cd's i've bought this year.

Ryan

Check Out My New Signature, Fam:

"If you don't like me, I'll punch you
dead in the fucking face"
--Vin Diesel (THE FACE--MAY 2000)

"It is essential that non-gay black people recognize and respect the hardships, the difficulties black gay people experience, extending the love and understanding that is essential for the making of an authentic black community".
--bell hooks

"Homosexual persecution and condemnation has at its roots not only social ignorance, but a philosophically active anti-feminist dogma".
--Lorraine Hansberry

"Isn't it a shame? A black man invented the clock, and some black folks still don't know what time it is".
--Jewel McCabe"

"When a star shines, you get the light several million years later, and the star's probably dead by the time you get the light. I'd rather be the moon".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

"Being a healthy black gay adult is doubly hard, considering the propaganda to the contrary".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

Get Out the Room
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Some of y'all need this in your life: http://www.psychology.com

nebt_het
Charter member
4614 posts
Thu Jul-27-00 02:25 AM

14. "damn!"
In response to Reply # 10

meet me half way!
shit pitt is far like fuck!
oh yes the CD is like that nebt been had hers bought it twice theivin ass niggas round the way!
LOL!

it's a competetive world for low-budget people, spending a dime while earning a nickel.. - buju banton

"tahitian fresh berry treat...she's a capricorn" -GhostFaceKillah

" E El Isum Shil El Eloh El Rahmun, Alazi Izu El Rahummul!"

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Thu Jul-27-00 02:57 AM

15. "RE: damn!"
In response to Reply # 14

WHO YOU TELLIN??? i'm SHOCKED spitkicker will be here THIS monday....but, i shall be at the d'angelo concert and rakaa and company WILL get some love from me....AND, ima be front row (hopefully center) and be ELBOWIN chickenheads in the process.

Ryan

"It is essential that non-gay black people recognize and respect the hardships, the difficulties black gay people experience, extending the love and understanding that is essential for the making of an authentic black community".
--bell hooks

"Homosexual persecution and condemnation has at its roots not only social ignorance, but a philosophically active anti-feminist dogma".
--Lorraine Hansberry

"Isn't it a shame? A black man invented the clock, and some black folks still don't know what time it is".
--Jewel McCabe"

"When a star shines, you get the light several million years later, and the star's probably dead by the time you get the light. I'd rather be the moon".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

"Being a healthy black gay adult is doubly hard, considering the propaganda to the contrary".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

Get Out the Room

el_rey
Charter member
5626 posts
Fri Jul-28-00 05:22 AM

22. "now y'all got me curious .."
In response to Reply # 15

what CD?

love and respect,
El Rey

http://www.mumia2000.org
http://www.mumia.org
http://www.mumia911.org

EFF A FAKE QUOTE! I DEAL WITH THE REAL (so if its artificail let it be ...) (c) Blac... awww, you know who

;-);-);-);-);-);-);-)
A mob is not autonomous: it executes the real will of the people who rule the state. The slaughter in Birmingham Alabama, for example, was not, merely, the action of a mob. That blood is on the hands of the state of Alabama: which sent those mobs into the streets to execute the will of the State ...

... A mob cannot afford to doubt: that the Jews killed Christ or that n*ggers want to rape their sisters or that anyone who fails to make it in the land of the free and the home of the brave deserves to be wretched. But these ideas don't come from the mob. They come from the state, which creates and manipulates the mob. The idea of a black person as property, for example, does not com from the mob. It is not a spontaneous idea. It does not come from the people, who knew better, who thought nothing of inter-marriage until they were penalized for it: this idea comes from the architects of the American State. These architects decided that the concept of Property was more important -- more real -- than the possibilities of the human being. (c) James Baldwin.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
who are you

really

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Sat Jul-29-00 05:06 PM

23. "RE: now y'all got me curious .."
In response to Reply # 22

UHM..the ones you NEVER SENT ME!! THOSE CD'S, el rey!

Ryan

--bell hooks

--Lorraine Hansberry

--Jewel McCabe"

--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

Get Out the Room

Apostle
Charter member
4683 posts
Wed Jul-26-00 09:24 PM

13. "Your Secret Is Safe...."
In response to Reply # 0

We are going to make sure the LA show is as crunk as possible. Myself and the Wild out posse. I can't wait to see a Dilated take over!!! HAHA, it's on.

peace, Apostle Jahbryll

Go Get The Debut Album From Dilated Peoples! "The Platform" is in stores now. Do not sleep!!!

-------------------------Quotes-----------------------

"Damn baby girl, what's your name? I forgot. What you say it was? Damn a nigga buzzed, hanging in the club with my nephew Eminem" -Snoop Dogg

"You have to come through. Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm going to out you on the list, how do you spell your name?" -mikeONE

http://twitter.com/jahbryllionaire

DROkayplayer™

BlackLex
Charter member
552 posts
Thu Jul-27-00 09:27 AM

17. "This is my man *rocker* from dialated (c) clueless fan"
In response to Reply # 0

;-)

Mindstorm
Charter member
18860 posts
Thu Jul-27-00 10:48 AM

18. "no doubt, bay area...."
In response to Reply # 0

players are already planning the event! we'll be lthe loud ones in the front.

peace
midstorm

"I've come to fear that of the many things a black man can die from, the first may be rage."
-Nathan McCall-

"Every dream you have is a whisper from God"
-Natasha Munson-

-----------------------------
"Since it is art that translates civilization from one generation to the next, "art" is a quality-of-life need that cannot be disputed."

infinite7

Thu Jul-27-00 12:43 PM

20. "RE: no doubt, bay area...."
In response to Reply # 18

You ain't neva lied. Me and my posse will be directly behind you (2nd row) at the Concord actin like straight banchis!! Sign and all.

See ya there.

"You don't have to be white-washed to be universal." Patricia Hill Collins

"Only the BLACK WOMAN can say 'when and where I enter...then and there the whole Black (Negro) race enters with me..." Anna Julia Cooper

serena_love
Charter member
3404 posts
Fri Jul-28-00 05:15 AM

21. "up! and view all of course...."
In response to Reply # 0

-Serena

You like poetry? Go to
http://welcome.to/theloveshack to
check out mine.

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22571 Previous topic | Next topic