Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22480

Subject: "ahhh.....The LWFC Gold Plaque" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
label_guy
Charter member
768 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 02:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ahhh.....The LWFC Gold Plaque"

Common's LWFC Gold Plaque looks HOTT.....the prototype with Common's name on it just arrived at my office. It has the RIAA CERTIFIED hologram on it . The label is having a presentation led by the president for Dot. Com on Monday. I'll get some pictures of Com cheesin with his first plaque so okayplayer can put it up. I'll even make him throw-up the OKP gangsign.
LG

LG
Mark 11:24
Isaiah 54:17

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Com on 100.3 the Beat from 12-3p this Saturday
Aug 11th 2000
Congrats to Common
Aug 11th 2000
Congratu-effing-lations!
Aug 11th 2000
yeah com!!!!
BTMBQHKDR
Aug 11th 2000
RE: ahhh.....The LWFC Gold Plaque
Aug 11th 2000
RE: ohhh sh*t !!!
Aug 11th 2000
      RE: ohhh sh*t !!!
Aug 11th 2000
los angeles summer jam??
Aug 11th 2000
whooooohoooooooo!
Aug 11th 2000
Word, word/nm
Aug 11th 2000
That plaque will look good over my fireplace.
Aug 11th 2000
RE: ahhh.....The LWFC Gold Plaque
ColeyCole99
Aug 11th 2000
Congrats, Com......
FG
Aug 11th 2000

label_guy
Charter member
768 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 02:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Com on 100.3 the Beat from 12-3p this Saturday"
In response to Reply # 0

I forgot to tell the LA okayplayers he will be doing a DJ airshift on 100.3 the BEAT from 12noon-3pm on Saturday 8/12.

On BET "The Light" is the number 1 video on the NETWORK !!!
On MTV, (and thanx to y'all's support) "The Light" is ranked #11 on the CHANNEL and only 2 rap artists are getting more play, Eminem & Nelly (what company).
LG

LG

jose3030
Charter member
59165 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 03:03 PM

2. "Congrats to Common"
In response to Reply # 1

There are times......
When you need Soundscan
For your song, "The Light",
There is the light that shines,
Special for you and meeeeeeeee.

Congrats my man!
Common "Ti ki ta , ti ki ta, tiki tiki ti ta"..

QUOTABLES FROM "CALL JOSE3030 AT WORK PART 2" day:
"I'll hit you up later on today, if I'm not in jail" .. Incognegro

"I just want to be a gigolo, have some 60 year old woman take care of me... shave my nuts" -- Incognegro

"You can get from a .357 to a hallmark card"
Sleepy, while on conference call w/ myself and Incognegro, speaking on North Carolina Pawnshops.

"How in the hell does somebody get arrested on POSITIVE FRIDAY?" -- Sleepy, speaking on Incognegro's misfortunes about getting stopped by the Jake.

"food comes before everybody, including my mommy" -- Vet.

TotalRequestloveLive
Charter member
5626 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 03:19 PM

3. "Congratu-effing-lations!"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn, its happening. We saw what happened to Carlos Santana. Santana spent years staying true to himself, making incredible music, and not until 2000, did he get the recognition he deserved. Well hopefully, Com is doing the same thing. Congratu-effing-lations!

BTMBQHKDR

Fri Aug-11-00 03:35 PM

4. "yeah com!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

rock it don't stop it...say planet rock...planet rock...it's the sure shot...it's the sure shot...ahh eff it...i'll tell you the rest when i see you...peace

REDeye
Charter member
6598 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 03:39 PM

5. "RE: ahhh.....The LWFC Gold Plaque"
In response to Reply # 0

Big congrats to Common... AND to LG for all your hard work!

It's been a long time coming for both of you. Lord knows you don't get plaques for those white labels you do to keep your mind stable...

...just like you don't get plaques working for $5/hr at wack-ass Disney labels.

Good work, bruh.

(yeah, I'm up in here.)

RED
http://arrena.blogspot.com

label_guy
Charter member
768 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 03:42 PM

6. "RE: ohhh sh*t !!!"
In response to Reply # 5

that was $3.50 an hour !
It was more fun than the CTO.
LG

LG

REDeye
Charter member
6598 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 03:52 PM

8. "RE: ohhh sh*t !!!"
In response to Reply # 6

The Label Guy acceptance speech:
"I'd just like to thank all the little people I stepped on to get here."

Just kidding. As hard as you worked to get where you are now, you deserve to pop all the sh*t you want.

BTW, if Common fakes on Bumbershoot like the Roots did last year, the repo man is coming for those plaques.

I'll have to tune in tomorrow via streaming audio -- KKBT does stream, don't they? Tell DFIII to get on that if they don't.
RED

RED
http://arrena.blogspot.com

keroline
Charter member
585 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 03:50 PM

7. "los angeles summer jam??"
In response to Reply # 0

is ANYONE GOING????
if u do, does anyone have a spare ticket???

i want to see delasoul, common, ghostface, mosdef, and lucy pearl........??!!!!!

any nice people out there?

-----------
im takin it easy in tahiti- daria

its gotta have some roots to it- kevin johnson(talking to black thought at the republican convention)

There is really nothing more to say-except why. But since why is difficult to handle, one must take refuge in how.-the bluest eye.

visit some sites:

http://www.recordkingdom.com
http://www.stoopidtv.homepages.com
http://nookie_co.homestead.com/index.html

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 04:14 PM

9. "whooooohoooooooo!"
In response to Reply # 0

it can also double as a dinner plate....

You know someone would die for tryin that.
Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"you can still be kind and have sex you know....otherwise, nice people wouldn't reproduce and the world would be full of assholes" - Phil

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

Kemp
Charter member
1405 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 05:17 PM

10. "Word, word/nm"
In response to Reply # 0

Uno, dos, tres it's on-Big Boi

peace

AUGUST IS KEMP MONTH(Why? Cause I'm a Leo, now shut-up and go, Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!)

Hello, ghetto let yo brain free/believe there's always more-Andre 3000

StillWaters
Charter member
4846 posts
Fri Aug-11-00 05:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "That plaque will look good over my fireplace."
In response to Reply # 0

Oh, what you mean, the first 10 people to buy "Like Water for Chocolate" will not be getting a plaque of their very own. I'm hurt Label Guy. I though we was cool.

Seriously, I gotta thank LG and Bananabread for their hard word and dedication to truth.

Still Waters Do's & Don'ts
1. Don't drive below 35mph in front of her
2. Don't stare
3. Don't ask if the hair is real
4. Don't ask why I don't wear a bra in the summer
5. Don't think that I'm going to walk all the way across the street to talk to you or even give you my number, just because you whistle, yell "hey girl", or stare
6. Do say "please" and "thank you"
7. Do acknowledge the truth
8. Do buy "Like Water for Chocolate"
9. Do listen to the words of every song you hear
10. Do understand that my 3 year old cousin, Jordan, knows who he is and it's sad that some of you don't.

And this list shall change as people piss me off by doing stupid shit.

Dice Raw: "Reclaiming the Dead", September 19, 2000" Your just going to have to wait.

The simple shut doors and screams inside of my head. It wd be difficult. To make such a straightforward document of my life. Because in fact sometimes I yet cannot face understanding that my life has been a roll of minutes. A series of absolutely connected images, being born and passing almost at the same time. I think my life an incredible maze and blotch of shadows, circuses, divas, and floats. Much sadness. Much hapiness. Mostly expectation and desire. And yet it is all here in me to be revealed reunderstood. (Amiri Baraka..."6 Persons", I)

The brutal truth is that the bulk of white people in America never had any interest in educating black people, except as this could serve white purposes. It is not the black child's language that is in question, it is not his language that is despised: It is his experience. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance, and enter a limbo in which he will no longer be black, and in which he knows that he can never become white. Black people have lost too black children that way. (James Baldwin)

Honor the Iris's in your life!

RIP James "Jay Dee" Yancey

religion is the aspiration of man toward an idealized existence, in which the functions of god and man are harmonious, even identical. (c)amiri baraka

ColeyCole99

Fri Aug-11-00 06:36 PM

12. "RE: ahhh.....The LWFC Gold Plaque"
In response to Reply # 0

WAY TO GO COMMON!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!! YOU GO BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Please give us strength, Lord, to fight our battles. And we can walk on the streets of gold." "D'ANGELO"

"SMACK YOUR ASS PULL YOUR HAIR" "D'ANGELO"

"LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE" "COMMON"

"Why Do we Need Id to get ID" "COMMON"

"One Love ColeyCole99"

"OKAYPLAYER RULES"

THIS IS TO FUNNY YALL

TeeCole = Me!!!!!!!!

FrenchST99: yeah so whats cds you got
TeeCole1: I have a lot of cd's I have at least over 200 cd's.
FrenchST99: 200? you are a real collector. what is your favorite
TeeCole1: well my favorite is my Common collection
FrenchST99: who is Common?
TeeCole1: Are you seriuos you don't know who Common is???? does Common Sense ring a bell.
FrenchST99: name some of their songs
TeeCole1: well actually it just one and he sung Breaker 1/9, and off his new album The Light and the 6th sense, he has alot of songs
TeeCole1: Once you hear them you will probally know then
FrenchST99: nope haven't heard it!!!

http://www.recordkingdom.com

FG

Fri Aug-11-00 07:03 PM

13. "Congrats, Com......"
In response to Reply # 0

Aaahhhhhhhhhh....this is what I like to see....damn. This is what it's all about. Peace. One love.

FG

"Hip hop, you the love of my life."

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22480 Previous topic | Next topic