Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22105

Subject: "Dot's Diary Entry" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
k_ysla

Sat Aug-12-00 03:32 PM

"Dot's Diary Entry"

I just finished reading Dot's entry and want to set the record straight from my perspective as a spandex wearing fan who met D'Angelo. Now, this is not to make excuses for me or any other fan, just to shed some light.

I am very conservative Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 5:30. Dress suits, stockings, heels, hair in a bun, bus downtown and back---the works. Though I choose to wear revealing clothes on the weekend, that does not mean I do not have a brain as big as my breasts. Now, granted, the way I present myself is the way I am perceived. But I guess I am just living in a fantasy world cause I never judge a book by its cover and hope for the same in others. That view especially goes for D'Angelo not wearing shirts. Now had he started his career in Paris, this would not be an issue at all. Nudity is beautiful when presented tastefully. Only Americans (the land of the fucking free) cares how a person dresses.

Anyway, when I first saw "Untitled (How Does It Feel)", I thought, 'Wow! He is so powerful'. The shirt off was nice, but I concentrated on D's facial expressions and the lyrics. Being from the hood, I am used to seeing guys walk around with their pants sagging and no shirt. No big deal. The only difference is he gets paid for it. I cannot agree that D' promotes the response he gets. We are all adults (the majority) and should act accordingly. Not as heat seeking missles. Besides, he appreciates the love his fans give him, no matter how wild. As for me, I took a more discreet approach to get his attention.

I signed 'thank you' to him for the rose he gave me at the Houston concert. I could tell it touched him. I wasn't screaming, jumping up and down, trying to pull his pants off, I was a lady. Sure, I had on the spandex, but he didn't see all that. I am pretty short (5"3 WITH 2 1/2 inch heels on) and was tip toeing at the stage. Later, it was my persistance that allowed me to meet him at his hotel. When he saw I was waiting for him, he looked a little reluctant. Which is understandable. Hell, I could be a crazed fan ready to jump his bones, but I am not. I admire D's vision. His music is penetrating, soul lifting. I simply introduced myself with a firm handshake and spoke to him breifly. He had just finished a concert and his crew had food in their hands. The last thing I wanted to do was stop him from enjoying a meal and relaxing after that great performance. I did not ask if I could follow him nor did I attempt to follow him because it just would not have been lady-like. I thanked him for his time and rushed home to get ready for work the next day. Not to say that I would not have enjoyed talking to him more, but there is a time and a place....

So, look past the clothes. I do not cry and sing every lyric at the concerts (at least not where anyone else can see) but I AM a true fan of D's work. If you see the light around him, then you understand.

Kysla

"He exudes spirituality and confidence. He's radiant. And all in his company beam at his light"---Kysla

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Well,
Aug 12th 2000
Oh yeah
Aug 12th 2000
      I like your attitude Ro!!! :-) n/m
Aug 12th 2000
      RE: I like your attitude Ro!!! :-) n/m
Aug 13th 2000
           BTW Roz. . .
Aug 14th 2000
                Hey Lisa
Aug 15th 2000
      Didn't I tell you
Aug 14th 2000
Dot's got a tough job
Aug 12th 2000
RE: Dot's got a tough job
k_ysla
Aug 12th 2000
she got a kiss!?!? WTF?
Aug 14th 2000
see, the thing is
Aug 14th 2000
RE: Dot's Diary Entry
Aug 14th 2000
k_ysla
Aug 14th 2000
i can't see past the clothes
Aug 14th 2000
Right on Grannie!
leelee
Aug 14th 2000
      man, i'm considering going to d's next concert here
Aug 14th 2000
           bring some ace bandages..
Aug 14th 2000
           don't consider - go!
meechelle7
Aug 14th 2000
Aug 14th 2000
Aja. . ..GO TO THE CONCERT!!
leelee
Aug 14th 2000
well stated!
Aug 14th 2000
uhm, I bet to differ
Aug 14th 2000
exactly...
Aug 14th 2000
hmpf
Aug 14th 2000
      ya know!!! n/m
Aug 15th 2000
i think...
Aug 14th 2000
You Get What You Ask For?
blaze_won
Aug 16th 2000
      RE: You Get What You Ask For?
CaliSkeptic
Aug 16th 2000

Rozjack
Charter member
237 posts
Sat Aug-12-00 05:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Well,"
In response to Reply # 0

from what I read, Dot was talking about spandex wearing women who act unruly and overly seductive. There's nothing wrong with dressing sexy, but there IS a fine line between sexy and sleazy. Some women don't know how to tell the difference. As long as you carry yourself in a respectable manner then it's all good.

***D'...AUG 4TH...FRONT ROW CENTER...SHEAR HEAVEN...I'M IN LOVE!!!***

Rozjack's Top 10 Songwriters:
10) Teena Marie
9) R. Kelly
8) Babyface
7) Jill Scott (yep that fast)
6) Erykah Badu
5) Marvin Gaye/Stevie Wonder
4) Lauryn Hill
3) Maxwell
2) Sade
1) D'ANGELO *Who else did you think?

"Now keep in mind that I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my shit."
--Erykah Badu

"Hi. My name is Rozjack and I'm a Voodooholic."
--me

"Music. It's in me."
--me

Jill Scott: The Voice of Today's Black Woman
--me

Rozjack
Charter member
237 posts
Sat Aug-12-00 05:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Oh yeah"
In response to Reply # 1

those wild and seductively dressed women aren't the only ones who get attention from D'. I'm a full-figured gal who had on jeans and a Marvin Gaye t-shirt and he held my hand 3 times. So it goes to show that D' doesn't discriminate. Most of these male celebrities ain't even tryin to give you a glance if a sistah ain't a size 6 or lower. So, I appreciate D' for showing a thick sistah a little attention.

10) Teena Marie
9) R. Kelly
8) Babyface
6) Erykah Badu
4) Lauryn Hill
3) Maxwell
2) Sade

--Erykah Badu

--me

"Music. It's in me."
--me

--me

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Sat Aug-12-00 06:05 PM

4. "I like your attitude Ro!!! :-) n/m"
In response to Reply # 2

Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"you can still be kind and have sex you know....otherwise, nice people wouldn't reproduce and the world would be full of assholes" - Phil

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

Rozjack
Charter member
237 posts
Sun Aug-13-00 07:27 PM

6. "RE: I like your attitude Ro!!! :-) n/m"
In response to Reply # 4

LOL. Thank you!!!

10) Teena Marie
9) R. Kelly
8) Babyface
6) Erykah Badu
4) Lauryn Hill
3) Maxwell
2) Sade

--Erykah Badu

--me

"Music. It's in me."
--me

--me

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 10:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "BTW Roz. . ."
In response to Reply # 6

is your Writer's Block e-mail working?

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination. Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like no one's watching."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.I'm about sick of 'dem damn quotes~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage ~ ANAIS NIN

Rozjack
Charter member
237 posts
Tue Aug-15-00 11:38 AM

25. "Hey Lisa"
In response to Reply # 15

>is your Writer's Block e-mail working?

I don't think so. I emailed you at the address you listed. Did you get it? Email me at Rozjack@aol.com

10) Teena Marie
9) R. Kelly
8) Babyface
6) Erykah Badu
4) Lauryn Hill
3) Maxwell
2) Sade

--Erykah Badu

--me

"Music. It's in me."
--me

--me

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 10:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "Didn't I tell you"
In response to Reply # 2

you were in for a treat? That boy is bad. I couldn't believe the energy. August 31, BABY-EE! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!??????????

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination. Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like no one's watching."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Sat Aug-12-00 06:04 PM

3. "Dot's got a tough job"
In response to Reply # 0

Here's the portion of the diary entry to which you are referring:

~so.. once that happened.. i get back to the side of the stage for the show and i see this girl who keeps standing on her chair, lifting up her shirt and flashing d. she did this a couple times and finally, she was bold enough to get on stage. now, normally.. this isn't acceptable. but d' let her stay for a second, kinda danced with her.. and then he kissed her. (yes, on the lips) ugh. that made me really upset.. why, you ask? because it bothers me that folks just treat him like a piece of meat AND that he allows it. he opened the door to it just as much, so they're both to blame. but i wish that sometimes.. that nice girl who's not in some tight spandex outfit would get that, instead of the girls craving and doing anything for attention. i'd rather see the girl with the tears in her eyes, who sings the lyrics to every one of his songs to get close to him.. THOSE are the true fans. those are the folks who deserve it. not the ones trying to be #3.~

Now YOU said:

>Later, it was my persistance that allowed me to meet him at his hotel. When he saw I was waiting for him, he looked a little reluctant. Which is understandable.

I must ask you - You don't see your 'persistence' as an attempt to get attention from D'angelo? I'm not downing you at ALL for wanting to meet him - but you're asking that you be looked at differently.....

I think Dot is saying that the girls who wear tight clothes, flash someone, or anything of that nature JUST to get attention need to give it a rest.
I agree, women should not be subjected to stereotyping by the way they dress - but they are. You chose to show up at the hotel just to say hi, but don't want to be seen as a groupie.
Put yourself in Dot's shoes for a minute. She's got a tough job!
Read the diary, read the guestbook - look at all the rabid females who have done anything and everything just to get close to this man. I'm sure Dot has enough to do without having to discern the depth of intelligence of every female who acts like a groupie. She needs to look out for the band's safety and security.
It sounds to me like maybe this diary entry struck a chord with you.... so I'll tell you what I tell anyone else:
If the shoe fits - wear it. If you try it on and it doesn't fit - put it back on the rack & get ta steppin.

Dove

A guilty conscience has no accuser (c) bfnh.

k_ysla

Sat Aug-12-00 07:10 PM

5. "RE: Dot's got a tough job"
In response to Reply # 3

Point taken. Thanx for being gentle with your response.

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 10:57 AM

14. "she got a kiss!?!? WTF?"
In response to Reply # 3

and all I wanted was for him to come on and say "hi" once in a while. LOL! J/K! : :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 11:04 AM

16. "see, the thing is"
In response to Reply # 3

how does anyone know that D' doesn't like to see that shyt. I don't think anyone, except those closest to him, who's had these type of talks w/him, can say that "the flashing", skeezers, hookers and hoochie mama shyt bothers him. The man is a man, just keepin' it real. Yeah, tits&azz&pretty faces come a dime and dozen to him but so do people who are truly intelligent and interested in his artistry. So, I say it comes with the territory. Personally, those chicks have got a lot of nerve? I mean WTF? Oh, yeah, he'll really give a damn about you now. Anyway, how much can one get out of jumping on a stage in front of thousands, making a fool out of yourself and getting a superficial dry azz kiss? Too funny!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 01:02 AM

7. "RE: Dot's Diary Entry"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel that she wasn't speaking about people like you. She was speaking on women who have no class and act unaccordingly during the shows. You may have had on some tight outfits, but I know dot personally and she wears tight things on occasion as well. That wasn't the big deal, it's when you combine that, with dick grabbing, breast flashing, groupie behavior, that's when it's unacceptable and what dot was referring to. The only thing that was suspect in your post was the fact that you showed groupie tendencies by going to his hotel to meet him. You didn't go anything with him and didn't do groupie type things, but you definitely displayed the tendencies. But realize you were not who dot was talking about. One love.

ILLWILL, the most hibo cat you know

Top 10 Things Said By Mil and I when I came to Orlando:

1) "yo, that guy looks like a fat puerto rican ghostface!"
2) "okay...we'll stay for a little longer"
3) "Yo, that big girl in the leather outfit is comin for you!"
4) "Look at dude in the fucked up fatigues!"
5) "YO! look at dude in the fucked up fatigues dancing with big girl in the leather!!! HAHAHA!!!"
6) "OH SHIT! Gerardo's got a song called 'my name is not Rico' hahahahahhha"
7) "Ben Vereen has the biggest uncle tom smile ever in that pic!"
8) "yo, i thought that was Tito Puente until i realised he's playing the trumpet!"
9) "Yo, I ordered a coke, not a large tub of popcorn!"
10) Mil: how'd you know my car was the toyota? Will: easy, you're Puerto Rican and it's a toyota!!!

i'm back...?

k_ysla

Mon Aug-14-00 03:43 PM

24. "RE: Dot's Diary Entry"
In response to Reply # 7

I know I am walking a thin line. It was basic curiosity that led me to HAVE to meet D'. I guess, in a way, I wanted to be let down. No way can a guy be sooo deep and hypnotic up close. Everyone I spoke to (who are close to him)gave me a little insight on his personality. They truly respect him and his views. Meeting him reaffirmed my gut feeling about Michael. He's the boy next door. A hell raiser when he wants to, but shy at first. Music surrounds him, and it's beautiful. I would do it again. No regrets.

As for Dot. I do admit, I kinda went overboard (the Coronas helped). I too am fed up by how the women act at his concerts. I saw girls pawing at D' as if he were a Chippendale dancer. I'd doubt they truly understand the depth of Voodoo or even see the spiritual aspect of the "Untitled" video. It pissed me off to see women throwing the flowers D' passed out back on the stage. It was a noble geture to think of his ladies in such a manner that he would take the time to give a token of his gratitude instead of receiving it. And they just hurled the flowers back without a simple 'thank you'. The same girls who were trying to find Willie by tugging on D' everytime he passed by. But I have to disagree with the girls who did these things were only wearing spandex. Some were in clean cut suits, jeans, dressed down. Hell, I even saw a grandmother yelling for D' to take it off. They were out there.

I can imagine Dot could only take so much before she had to yell 'enough already. act like a fucking lady'. Yeah. One can only hope!

grannie
Charter member
3387 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 01:48 AM

8. "i can't see past the clothes"
In response to Reply # 0

..just being honest, y'gotta appreciate that, now.
aaaanyway. dot was talking about the skanks that flash their boobs and God only knows what else at D to get attention. she's saying that when D pays these women this attention, it not only encourages more stank/skank behavior, it frustrates her that the girlie who is standing in this sea of tits and ass and boo-hooing over this man, singing each tune word for word may get lost in the sauce.
she wants THAT girl to get the attention and not the ones who are just audition baby mamma #3. if that ain't you, don't take it personal. none of my nerves got struck by what she said. cuz the girl with the tears and lyrics and her tits covered is me.
all 2gether now!
i love dot
dot loves me
we're the okayfam-il-eeeee.....

August is Top Ten Month!
10 things to do at a department store

10.hold cashiers hand and say "i feel sexy today."
9.dart suspiciously through the store humming the theme from "mission impossible."
8.put M&Ms on layaway
7.stand in the elevator facing the corner and whenever someone gets on start counting down, "10..9..8.."
6.walk up to an employee, say "i think we have a code 3 in housewares" and see what happens
5.hide in a clothing rack and when people browse thru yell "pick me! pick me!"
4.make a trail of orange juice to the bathroom
3.hum only the first 7 notes of "it's a small world" over and over again.
2.anytime someone makes eye contact w/ you, look surprised and say to them, "hey! when did you get outta prison?"
1.go to fitting room and say real loud, "excuse me, we're out of toilet paper in here."

leelee

Mon Aug-14-00 04:26 AM

9. "Right on Grannie!"
In response to Reply # 8

Yee, I fully agree. . .by encouranging the behavior it just "feeds the fire." Personally, I am getting very tired of all of this groupie madness. You cant go no damn where without groupies takin over or just plain lookin stank, in the place. They kick and push there way to the front of the stage .......and dont even know any of the artists damn songs (oh excuse me I forgot about the radio tunes) and probably dont own any of there music. Im feelin what dot is saying totally. . .it seems only the groupies win and regular folk dont ever get "anything."

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END!!! Never, I guess . . why b/c its the entertainment business.

and thats my 2cents. . .peace
lee-lee

"out of everybody who told the truth, time did" Common, The Truth

"THE PAST HAS GONE - FORGET IT
THE PRESENT IS HERE - LIVE IT
THE FUTURE WILL COME - PREPARE FOR IT" i dont know who said this . .

"damn that, i am not the dancin bear"
Keisha R. metaphor orator extraordinaire

Aja
Charter member
21515 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 04:31 AM

10. "man, i'm considering going to d's next concert here"
In response to Reply # 9

in atlanta in september

but my biggest fear is getting trampled over by hundreds of women in the lakewood ampitheatre!!!

and god only knows how many of 'em are gonna have heels on-damn!...............that could hurt

check out http://www.recordkingdom.com

(this is kinda nice, tank!)

grannie
Charter member
3387 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 04:55 AM

11. "bring some ace bandages.."
In response to Reply # 10

and elbow pads.

sike, nevermind them, just go and dig the show.

August is Top Ten Month!
10 things to do at a department store

10.hold cashiers hand and say "i feel sexy today."
9.dart suspiciously through the store humming the theme from "mission impossible."
8.put M&Ms on layaway
7.stand in the elevator facing the corner and whenever someone gets on start counting down, "10..9..8.."
6.walk up to an employee, say "i think we have a code 3 in housewares" and see what happens
5.hide in a clothing rack and when people browse thru yell "pick me! pick me!"
4.make a trail of orange juice to the bathroom
3.hum only the first 7 notes of "it's a small world" over and over again.
2.anytime someone makes eye contact w/ you, look surprised and say to them, "hey! when did you get outta prison?"
1.go to fitting room and say real loud, "excuse me, we're out of toilet paper in here."

meechelle7

Mon Aug-14-00 07:27 AM

12. "don't consider - go!"
In response to Reply # 10

it doesn't matter where you are in the place, as long as you can hear the music & feel the energy that D' & the Soultronics give off...I was at one of the LA shows in April - WAY in the back & it was the best show i have ever seen....Last night I was down front, still a great show...

treat yourself to this show, no matter where your seats are!

ScratchHTT
Member since Sep 02nd 2002
34 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 11:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "RE: Dot's Diary Entry"
In response to Reply # 0

Its unfortunate females in this culture have to do the things they do to get attention.

This culture is geared towards exploiting women and that's what women learn to do to get what they want...even if its just meeting a guy like D who does nothin to counter it himself.

What he does is typical..and show's no respect...but again, its typical of this whole country.

Its simple...If your a woman and desire attention, you have to dressa certain way to get that attention. Like I said...its what women are force-fed since they are little girls. Forget what you would wear to a concert...just look at formal wear even:

Ever see a guy in a 3-piece suit w/ shorts...instead of pants?
Or how about a Tux with short or no sleeves?
Or anything revealing for that matter?

Yet for women, I can't remember the last time I saw a dress with full-sleeves.
It becomes a simple equation...the more you reveal..the more attention you get.

That's where the problem lies...I know i'm gettin a bit serious and side tracked...but as long as women use their powers in a negetive way, they will get no where...they need to regain control and demand more respect...The world would stop rotating if women realized this..and men would be at their mercey.

"Why I seen your mom workin the fork-lift at Home Depot?" -- some dude

"Fast, plays HARD D, rebounds, block shots, dunks at will, got a 3-ball, medium range J, got handles and 7 feet tall.....he is a player u used to make up on Live '96 but he is the real thing!!" - bnicedh on Kevin Garnett

"carmelo looks like a WNBA play

leelee

Mon Aug-14-00 11:48 AM

18. "Aja. . ..GO TO THE CONCERT!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Honey you need to go to the concert regardless. I know how you feel though, when D came here to Texas, thats the exact reason why I didnt. Now I am so disappointed. Regret is a serious thing, damn near eats you from the inside out. SO GO!!! and damn the groupies. Do what I do, put your game face on if they start effin wit you! Hey Im even tryin to go to that concert at Chastain Park b/c Ill be in NC at the time; but you know what if I go, I know the drive will be well worth it Im sure.

and thats my 2cents. . .peace
lee-lee

"out of everybody who told the truth, time did" Common, The Truth

"THE PAST HAS GONE - FORGET IT
THE PRESENT IS HERE - LIVE IT
THE FUTURE WILL COME - PREPARE FOR IT" i dont know who said this . .

"damn that, i am not the dancin bear"
Keisha R. metaphor orator extraordinaire

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 11:59 AM

20. "well stated!"
In response to Reply # 18

At the show I went to in D.C. those "groupies" were on the peripheral. D & The Soultronics rocked that shyt. I'm sure they've made die hard fans out of mediocre ones. It's worth it. The negativity was at a minimum and didn't take away from the show. Although there was that one girl in front of my row that was licking her tongue out, doing *something* with her breasts, it was actually comedy. I guess that's one example of a girl trying to get attention from him and it didn't work. The dummy even left before the encore! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 11:55 AM

19. "uhm, I bet to differ"

"What he does is typical..and show's no respect...but again, its typical of this whole country."

How is it disrespectful when this is the kind of attention these women, who practice these antics, want? I'm sure they want more, but that's another thread. I mean, seems to be a dude like D' is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Like it or not, yeah, yeah, the music fiends (me included) appreciate what he's doing musically but you must face the fact that part of his whole persona right now has his sexuality on display. That will attract a lot of these types of fans, so what? Now he's supposed to go cerebral - in lieu of the fact that he's been asking his audience "How Does It Feel" for the past year. For the clueless, that's all they see, his whole appeal is wrapped up in that one song, that one video. If I were a male sex symbol, kissing girls and such would not be on my agenda but at the end of the day he's giving "those girls" what they want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ScratchHTT
Member since Sep 02nd 2002
34 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 12:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
22. "exactly..."
In response to Reply # 19

I'm not downing him...the blame is put on those women...who hold other women back...D is just reacting to what goes on around him..and joining in. I ain't gonna blame him if a girl throws her panties in his face...regardless of wheather he removes them or calls the girl on stage and asks her "How Does it Taste?"

But like i said...that is what is typical...his reaction...as well as what he is reacting to. Your right, that is a whole nother thread.

AS for me goin to the concert...I'm a hiphop head...oh and another thing...I'm male...regardless of how sexy i dress, don't you have to have breasts to get in there??
Anyway...that's my $0.02
Holla back

"Why I seen your mom sellin' shoelace-tips on the Bus??"--me

"Fast, plays HARD D, rebounds, block shots, dunks at will, got a 3-ball, medium range J, got handles and 7 feet tall.....he is a player u used to make up on Live '96 but he is the real thing!!" - bnicedh on Kevin Garnett

"carmelo looks like a WNBA play

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 12:17 PM

21. "hmpf"

I can rock a teeshirt and jeans and still get attention. And most of it's positive. Imagine that.
Dove

"you can still be kind and have sex you know....otherwise, nice people wouldn't reproduce and the world would be full of assholes" - Phil

Finesse
Charter member
32888 posts
Tue Aug-15-00 05:31 PM

26. "ya know!!! n/m"
In response to Reply # 21

Looka here http://www.recordkingdom.com/ right now mmmffferrr!!!

sexxxy tongue action!!

"Finesse's kids would prolly curse you and throw cheesecake at ya and dare you to tell their momma. Then they'd stick their tongue at ya." -Burbknight

Lady_Finesse

tweet, tweet: http://twitter.com/finfatale
my other: http://eyeful-fm.tumblr.com/

RamXL
Charter member
13957 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 03:23 PM

23. "i think..."
In response to Reply # 0

you missed dot's point...she made sure to point out the "real" fans vs the ones that were there too see "untitled" (directors cut)...

its a respect thing...and i think Dot was right on point (or dot...knuck knuck knuck..aiight that was stale ) with her observations...

in my not soo humble opinion (c) hak

One Love
RamXL

"shit, been the same since '86 and kane"

blaze_won

Wed Aug-16-00 04:28 AM

27. "You Get What You Ask For?"
In response to Reply # 23

After seeing the D' show with my lady earlier this year in LA and reading these comments, how come no one is blaming D'Angelo and his marketing people for bringing on this type of behavior?

K_ysla mentioned that she found "Untitled" spiritual, but how? The first D'Angelo album was funky and had deep double meaning lyrics and he never took his shirt off. As a matter of fact, on the first tour when he came to the HOB in LA he sat behind the keyboard with sunglasses on all night.

Now in 2K D' takes his shirt off, gets bucky nekked for a video and chickenheads aren't supposed to act crazy. Tell that cat to put on some draws and a regualr shirt for the show, which is funky enough without the chippendales reenactment.

-------------
blaze_won

CaliSkeptic

Wed Aug-16-00 10:06 AM

28. "RE: You Get What You Ask For?"
In response to Reply # 27

I agree, the way he is presenting himself is bringing out certain types of women, but true D'angelo fans dont need all that shit (although Im not complaining)to enjoy/appreciate him as an artist. His show most definitely has alot of sexual energy, so of course its gonna bring out all the fools who dont know how to act. But I dont think D's complaining either...

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #22105 Previous topic | Next topic