Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #21813

Subject: "Thank You" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Rakaa

Mon Aug-21-00 06:35 PM

"Thank You"

This is just a shout out to all the okayplayers that have opened your ears and hearts to Dilated. We know that we will not be appreciated by everyone, but we do it how we feel it. Thank you all. A special thanks to all the real live people that come out to party with us ... oh yeah, and D' angelo and ?uestlove. Peace.

Be on the look out for info on THE WORD OF MOUTH TOUR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i peeped you at chicago on the
Aug 21st 2000
sory, my return key was stickin' n/m
Aug 21st 2000
missed you in Seattle
Aug 21st 2000
Like an old Chinese sage would do..
Aug 21st 2000
RE: Thank You
taSha
Aug 21st 2000
come back to providence, ri!
Aug 22nd 2000
No, thank you...
Aug 22nd 2000
Upstate NY
Aug 22nd 2000
Get to...
Aug 22nd 2000
NO! Thank You!!!!
Aug 22nd 2000
yes yes
joutofNC
Aug 22nd 2000
you're welcome
angieee
Aug 22nd 2000
no, thank you
Isis
Aug 22nd 2000
Yo Rakaa
Aug 22nd 2000
Word Of Mouth Info...
netbomber
Aug 22nd 2000
No, thank you
Aug 22nd 2000
no Prollem Rakaa
Aug 22nd 2000
WORD...O...MOUTH
Aug 22nd 2000
peace 2 rakaa
Aug 22nd 2000
DC?
indypendent
Aug 25th 2000

daveyg
Charter member
9336 posts
Mon Aug-21-00 06:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "i peeped you at chicago on the"
In response to Reply # 0

i might officially be the only okayplayer from, iowa, if i'm not...please correct me...if i am
i hope to do my state well...or something..
>
>"that's for efin' with me you no business braun insecure motha f@#ker" Dolemite

"i'm addicted to okayplayer like little white kids are to caffeine"~me
my im name....davegilbertson...
hit me up...i got lots of time

in remembrance of simmon

OKAYoungins - Givin You True Youth Since (11/12)2000

dj_teddy_bear - daveyg - zero - DROots - albinomexican - illnes - okaymattd - HomerILLiad404 - OkayBrazilian - Essaywhuman - HersheyBit - Preach - brown_thought - naame - akw

daveyg
Charter member
9336 posts
Mon Aug-21-00 06:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "sory, my return key was stickin' n/m"
In response to Reply # 1

i might officially be the only okayplayer from, iowa, if i'm not...please correct me...if i am
i hope to do my state well...or something..
>
>"that's for efin' with me you no business braun insecure motha f@#ker" Dolemite

"i'm addicted to okayplayer like little white kids are to caffeine"~me
my im name....davegilbertson...
hit me up...i got lots of time

in remembrance of simmon

OKAYoungins - Givin You True Youth Since (11/12)2000

dj_teddy_bear - daveyg - zero - DROots - albinomexican - illnes - okaymattd - HomerILLiad404 - OkayBrazilian - Essaywhuman - HersheyBit - Preach - brown_thought - naame - akw

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Mon Aug-21-00 07:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "missed you in Seattle"
In response to Reply # 0

quite a few of us were disappointed you couldn't make it - but the W.O.M. tour should be on point!
Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"Is it just me, or are people just boring? Do I have A.D.D.?.... Problem is, I don't have the patience to go find out if I have A.D.D." Ellen DeGeneres

Email: Tygereyz67@aol.com

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

jose3030
Charter member
59165 posts
Mon Aug-21-00 07:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Like an old Chinese sage would do.."
In response to Reply # 0

Bow down and say..
"No, thank you!"

Please take heed:
Do NOT take trips to Virginia Beach when your oil is low. Recipe for disaster.

taSha

Mon Aug-21-00 09:06 PM

5. "RE: Thank You"
In response to Reply # 0

I was first exposed to you from OKP and as I had a surplus of money, was in line the day the Platform dropped. Open minded as ever and you guys completely blew me away.

And that skit in between Ear Drums Pop and Years In The Making with the radio DJ had me trippin. It was late by the time I came to that point and I heard the intonation in the voice, and the pattern was all too familiar, so I'm like, "nah, forget it, you're making it up." Had to hear it about 10 times before I would actually believe myself that I was hearing my own language spoken. Woohoo! That just won me over a hundred percent. I don't know if you'll even come back to this but I have to know who that other guy was.

I would've loved seeing you in Seattle, too bad y'all didn't make it. Catch you next time though, for sure. And the tour will be the ish, I know it.

love

taSha

reefdogg
Charter member
2870 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 02:59 AM

6. "come back to providence, ri!"
In response to Reply # 0

i asked you about that "on deadly ground" single .. found it yet?

just wanna send a big shout to yall, been following yall for a while on the stretch and bob show, and i'm happy that you guys delivered a very mature sounding debut album ... i mean, you guys sounded amped through the whole thing, which i liked, plus you let babu shine on the album ...

----
IM and ICQ name: reefdogg1 (number one at the end)

where my Jersey heads at?!?!?!

okayivyleagueplayer reppin Brown University and NSBE region ONE !!!!

"you're either part of the problem or you're part of the solution .. what's your contribution to life?" - J5

"the rule of allah is god's equality / i desire for my brothers, the same that i desire for me / but when my brother's stay dying, of everything else but old age / my heart fills up with what, RAGE!!!!!" - J-Live (thanks d_dog)

J_Sun
Charter member
33508 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 04:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "No, thank you..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was happy as shit to see you guys become okayartists. I've been a fan for a while now, I love the album, and I can't wait to see you guys live again. Keep doin your thang! BTW, where is Ev? He don't know how to post? haha
________________________________________________________________________________
There are millions of stars, but there's only one Sun.
J-Sun - Professional Weed Smoker

"You couldn't be the shit if you were a turd in me" - Plug Won

"Love is spread unconditionally...until you fuck with me." - Angieee

~~~~~~~~~~ Celebrating August as Top 10 Month ~~~~~~~~~~

Top 10 Ways to Piss ?uestlove off.

10.Steal his Soul Train tapes.
9. Complain that "Like Water for Chocolate" is too 'musical'.
8. Beat him at laser tag.
7. Wait until he falls asleep on the tour bus and give him an S-Curl.
6. Complain about an all ages show for only $5.00.
5. Be Thickness
4. If you're D'Angelo, never wear drawers so he has to see your ass more than any hetrosexual man would ever want to.
3. Stand there like a zombie at his shows.
2. Steal his wooden drumsticks and replace them with turkey drumsticks.

And the number one way to piss ?uestlove off.........
1. Four words: Doug is a puta!

*~*~*~*~*Did you click a banner ad today? Do it now!*~*~*~*~*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes I contemplate moving to a warmer place, then the lake and skyline give me a warm embrace" © Common

TotalRequestloveLive
Charter member
5626 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 06:52 AM

8. "Upstate NY"
In response to Reply # 0

ok, so you dropped off the warped tour in Buffalo, no big deal. just please try to come back to upstate NY sometime soon. Rochester has much love for Dilated.

Darbw
Charter member
358 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 07:10 AM

9. "Get to..."
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto soon, again!!

"Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny.."-Frank Zappa

"Escuchela la ciudad respirando"
"So much on my mind I just can't recline
Blastin holes in the night til she bled sunshine. Breathe in, inhale vapors from bright stars that shine. Breathe out, weed smoke retrace the skyline.Yo don't the bass ride out like an ancient mating call.I can't take it y'all, I can feel the city breathin.Chest heavin, against the flesh of the evening.Sigh before we die like the last train leaving."--Black Star "Respiration"

MisterGrump
Charter member
32144 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 07:11 AM

10. "NO! Thank You!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I like the CD and I just heard "Global Dynamics" which is my fave track by y'all. Keep making music.

"Yo!!! She's more Pam from "Martin" than she is Pam from Total"
(c) some cat at the BBQ

Little........................

Grump
LowEnd_35@yahoo.com

joutofNC

Tue Aug-22-00 07:34 AM

11. "yes yes"
In response to Reply # 0

Word of Mouth??? you cats gotta rock Charlotte again. "The Platform" is my favorite record to come out this year.

peace,
j

angieee

Tue Aug-22-00 08:01 AM

12. "you're welcome"
In response to Reply # 0

You're just a postin' fool.

*please, with cherries on top, read my user info comments prior to sending e-mail. if not, you'll think I'm a biyatch*

angieee ('stress)

"My morning is not complete without updates" - Common.
http://www.okayplayer.com/updatef.html

"Okayplayer is addictive like Ebay" - Danja Mowf

"My mouse button dissapeared!" - Gigfog

Isis

Tue Aug-22-00 09:23 AM

13. "no, thank you"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been listening to you guys for a while now. Mostly due to my west coast connect since its hard for me to hear in NY. But, your LP is tight. I'm still bumping it right now in my walkman. I need to see another show though.

This life is temporary but the soul is eternal, separate the real from the lie, let me learn you. --Mos Def

Wendell
Charter member
8207 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 12:19 PM

14. "Yo Rakaa"
In response to Reply # 0

I picked up yo joint about three weeks ago and it's in HEAVY rotation with me (I have it at the gig as I type this). I really like your vibe, keep it up.

Your sound is representive of old school Hip Hop and I'm a old head. I prefer one DJ and MC's to various sounds and themes that is so popular these days. Tell Babu that he's appreciated.

Peace

Pseudonym-less Wendell

Peace

Wendell

netbomber

Tue Aug-22-00 12:49 PM

15. "Word Of Mouth Info..."
In response to Reply # 0

I just got the word of this tour 3 min. before I read this so here it goes as far as Philly is concerned(eff everyone else!!) The show has Jurassic 5, Dilated, and the Beat Junkies. It sounds real dope and it's on my Birthday woo..hoo..thanks Rakka,and I thought u would forget my b-day(ur so kind) oops..back to the info...it's on Oct.14 at the TLA on south street. BUT does that mean that Dilated is not on the okayplayer tour????

Hope to see everyone there...

pz,
netbomber

AIM-DJjUsT2000

"I battle all/Like I don't have it all"-Del

AbdulJaleel
Charter member
23892 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 01:11 PM

16. "No, thank you"
In response to Reply # 0

for bein' you homie

"Thought Twice, shoulda thought once... got played for the dunce" Malik B

www.instagram.com/schemeofthings

dj_teddy_bear
Charter member
4213 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 04:04 PM

17. "no Prollem Rakaa"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo, i'm straight up feelin yalls cd man, but i'm mad frustrated that yall aint comin to DC wit the Word Of Mouth Tour. DC got a whole rack of Okayplayers, i'm basically the yungest one, but still yo, i'm hip hop head till i die. well, check into that Iriscience or Rakaa, keep bangin real ish 4 the real hip hop fans that do get/appreciate yo music.

Peace, one luv 4 hip hop.....

DJ Teddy Bear

Quote of the present time that i'm in (9.55 pm)-

Rappers are cocky, but on the low, I know they watch me
Cuz weapons in my music like I'm El Mariachi
Or Desperado, pushin at full throttle
Rock till I'm hoarse like broncos from Colorado

- You (iriscience), "Annihilation"

emeyesi
Charter member
10914 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 05:56 PM

19. "WORD...O...MOUTH"
In response to Reply # 17

Hope ya'll roll through N'Hampton MA again with the show...shit was butta...keep on climbing baby!

"I never let myself go, myself never lets me go, self is where truth is, and where truth is there is love. "
- Shinagawa Tetsuzan

.imageyenation.dot.com.

illmatic
Charter member
226 posts
Tue Aug-22-00 05:55 PM

18. "peace 2 rakaa"
In response to Reply # 0

dilated's the ish.

indypendent

Fri Aug-25-00 07:29 AM

20. "DC?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo.. I-ree-science whatsup with a show in DC?

c'mon Rocker , have a sense 'a humor dammit...

Anyways... peace to Cali MC's ....
but its fucked up that yall only have shows on this coast when there's lotsa drugs and FUCKED up lyrics... <up/in/smoke??>

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #21813 Previous topic | Next topic