Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #19267

Subject: "Soulquarian sound becoming dated??" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
mellow
Charter member
1905 posts
Sat Feb-24-01 11:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Soulquarian sound becoming dated??"

I don't feel this personally, but this statement has been cropping up in all kinds of circles. From radio-people, label-people, hardcore fans, even in album reviews.

Like with everything these days, people's attentions spans continue to shrink, so to be continually amused, people need newer and different stimuli to keep interested.

To describe albums like jill scott or musiq, reviews have equated them with using the "soulquarian production" which has "reached it's saturated point". I can't remember which mag or paper i read that in, it was a few months back. But the jist of the comments expressed was that the sound is becoming played-out.

Sounds can get played out if they are used by too many producers, and/or if radio jumps on the bandwagon of the "hot" style (i.e. darkchild productions, neptunes) and rotate it to the point of overkill.
Sure sales would go up for those title's 'cause it's hot. So, for those producer's who have toiled for years to perfect "their" sound, they would finally see success.
But, once all the biting productions follow suit to cash in on the hot "trend", this becomes a problem for most producer's.
Because when their sound becomes "dated" and the new "rhythms" take the spotlight, most producer's either don't have the musical-base or creativity to be able to enhance "their" sound, or even reinvent themselves.
So i guess that's why certain producer's fall the wayside out of no fault of their own.
Recent casualties would be swizz beats & trackmasters. I haven't really heard a peep from them recently.
When they do come out with new projects, their sound has already been adopted and even enhanced by other producers, it's going to be interesting to see what they come out with and how people will react to it.

So my questions go back to ?uest & the rest of the soulquarian crew;
Being that "your" sound is hot and slowly being adopted by other producer's, What's more viable an option, to enhance the "sound" or maybe reinvent yourselves to keep fresh and one step ahead of the biters?
What's your take on jazzy jeff's recent prod. styles (i.e.jill scott)? is it something you welcome or find frustrating?

So for those who want to be an "artist", the struggle doesn't stop once your recognized, signed and have commercial success. Instead, it continues and intensifies. Your either going to sink or swim.
Man, this gives you a good insight into how hard it is to continually be revered by 'headz and maintain commercial success.
Never mind trying to attain some longevity in your musical career.

peace

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Soulquarian sound becoming dated??
avant_garde
Feb 24th 2001
Feb 25th 2001
agreed...
Feb 25th 2001
Feb 26th 2001
Chino360
Feb 25th 2001
well.....
Feb 26th 2001
RE: well.....
Feb 26th 2001
hmmmmmm
Mar 01st 2001
i'll get back to you...
Feb 26th 2001
they had not the nicest things to say about...
SBU Head
Feb 27th 2001
      thank you...
Feb 28th 2001
      oh.......
Mar 01st 2001
honestly
Feb 26th 2001
RE: honestly
Feb 28th 2001
What??????????
bodyrocka
Feb 26th 2001
RE: What??????????
peoke7
Feb 26th 2001
      Wonder how ?uest will see this...
Feb 26th 2001
      RE: Wonder how ?uest will see this...
peoke7
Feb 26th 2001
Feb 26th 2001
peoke7
Feb 27th 2001
      opinions are like assholes...
Feb 27th 2001
           RE: opinions are like assholes...
Feb 27th 2001
           RE: opinions are like assholes...
peoke7
Feb 28th 2001
if anything
Feb 26th 2001
RE: if anything
peoke7
Feb 28th 2001
RE: if anything
CharlieLinus
Feb 28th 2001
good music moves in cycles nm
Mar 01st 2001
Mar 01st 2001

avant_garde

Sat Feb-24-01 11:33 PM

1. "RE: Soulquarian sound becoming dated??"
In response to Reply # 0

hmmmmm. Thats quite an interesting thought.

I was pondering the same. Where I live,(SoCal) We dont even get Jill on the radio. Closest Soulquarian was Common this year. Talib gets a few spins now and then. As with anything thats new, your gonna have your bitters. Thats just the way the biz is. The soulquarian sound is far from being played out..in my take.

(sigh)

MADAME X
Charter member
496 posts
Sun Feb-25-01 12:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Soulquarian sound becoming dated??"
In response to Reply # 0

THE SOULQUARIANS ARE GOING TO TAKE OVER THE INDUSTRY WITH EBOLA-like DEVASTATION!

There, I said it.

The Soulquarian's sound is not dated, it's the tactics that record companies used to not market such artists.

If we didn't have the net, we would still be living like the characters of Fahrenheit 451. CONTROL. INSTEAD OF BURNING BOOKS, THE RECORD COMPANIES ARE TRYING THE DESTROY THE LINKS.

I personally don't care about who gets played on the radio, on mtv/bet/vh1 etc. They want people to believe their dated, so we can keep buying into the shit played on the radio.

It's like one big Pavlovian experiment and it's time to quit shocking the damn dog!

I have every confidence that the Soulquarians will continue up the ante on most of these so call 'artists'.

d'angelo, james, jdee, and quest are on some cosmic, quantum physics, electromagnetic plasma field type shit. I like the fact that the industry is trying to play them to the left.

n'sync ain't got no soul..Soulquarians rock n' roll...y'all sing the rest of the DAMN song!

mellow
Charter member
1905 posts
Sun Feb-25-01 07:51 PM

3. "agreed..."
In response to Reply # 2

I agree, i believe they will continually grow. Like i said earlier, they don't lack the musical-base or the creativity. Never mind it doesn't hurt to have a "group" of various individuals who are bringing their own little nuances and styles to the table.
But i still believe no matter how good a sound, it eventually becomes accustomized by people.
In regards to the industry holding down a sound or style; that's an interesting point you raise. I never really thought about it.
But, from my estimation, i don't think anyone would hold back a sound because record labels would be shooting themselves in the foot if something is popular and they try to contain it. Interesting point nonetheless.

Silky1
Charter member
9763 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 10:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
12. "RE: Soulquarian sound becoming dated??"
In response to Reply # 2

>THE SOULQUARIANS ARE GOING TO TAKE
>OVER THE INDUSTRY WITH EBOLA-like
>DEVASTATION!
>
>There, I said it.

Let me co-sign right here........

Silk.
Peace

silk.later

http://soulodyssey.podbean.com/ My new podcast. That's right, i'm baaaaaaacccckkk !!!!!

Chino360

Sun Feb-25-01 10:52 PM

4. "RE: Soulquarian sound becoming dated??"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo, neither jill's cd or musiq's have the soulquarian sound. I mean they fall into that neo-soul category, but if you listen to erykah, common, or d'angelo(the three cds that are actually soulquarian produced) they sound nothing alike. For one jill's sounnd is smoother whereas soulquarian jawns have a rougher edge. As for musiq, that's a straight brown sugar bite, and d'angelo along w/ the soulquarians is moving in a different direction.

"One is in the air and one is in the chamber, y'all ask me what the fuck I'm doing? I'm releasing anger" ~Andre 3000

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 12:06 AM

5. "well....."
In response to Reply # 0

being as though i read all my press. i've never seen anyone acknowledge the "soulquarian" sound. period. minor references, but not like the minnapolis sound, or the memphis sound.

and i do monthly calls with all the top dj's in the country to keep abreast of what's going on.

so i need to see evidence of a reputable journalist saying "the soulquarian sound" is played.

all we do is music. music is played out? like the sound of the hotboys? or mofo's bitting r kelly? i dunno.

who said this?

"Jazz is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -wynton marsalis

"Hip Hop is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -?uestlove

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

BrainChild
Charter member
25933 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 02:54 AM

6. "RE: well....."
In response to Reply # 5

>and i do monthly calls with
>all the top dj's in
>the country to keep abreast
>of what's going on.

lyin ass!!! you've never called me.

:'(

--me--
"that shit made me forget what i was thinking" - bonz malone

Audio Clip of the week:
Michael Jackson in "The Wiz"
http://www.thejawn.com/realaudio/brain/youcantwin.ram

Bill's Homepage... back for 2K1... almost.
http://www.thejawn.com/brainchild

download?
http://www.thejawn.com/realaudio/quest128.rm

--me--
www.djbrainchild.com
www.gordongartrellradio.com
www.twitter.com/djbrainchild

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Thu Mar-01-01 09:08 AM

26. "hmmmmmm"
In response to Reply # 6

sorry...i meant REAL DJ'S!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.
>lyin ass!!! you've never called
>me.

"Jazz is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -wynton marsalis

"Hip Hop is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -?uestlove

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

mellow
Charter member
1905 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 06:40 PM

14. "i'll get back to you..."
In response to Reply # 5

I don't want to start throwing publications names around, but i'll try to verify where it came from. I'll check this one mag that's kickin' around at work that might be the one. And the thing is, i think it was a review on musiq.
In regards to reputable journalist, i think it came from a smaller publication. Either way, i'll try to find the article.

SBU Head

Tue Feb-27-01 08:44 PM

19. "they had not the nicest things to say about..."
In response to Reply # 5

Musiq. in Now Magazine from Toronto, Ontario, Canada (for those who still dont know.)

the review was about two months old, you should be able to find it online.

they also suggested that the Soulquarians sound had reached its threshold of popularity... i think with 'the light' by common.

i dont agree with this media, i know these cats are true to heart musicians, who never fall off, their fake fans just do...
but it is true, i am also reading press that is saying that the soul sound is just as trendy as mannie fresh's plastic percussive productions.

Soultronix ACTIVATE!!!!!

mellow
Charter member
1905 posts
Wed Feb-28-01 07:44 PM

23. "thank you..."
In response to Reply # 19

that's where it was from, it was from the NOW magazine. You might find the review online. the name of the local paper is "NOW" magazine. It's comparable to the "Village Voice" in New York.
Thanx SBU

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Thu Mar-01-01 09:14 AM

27. "oh......."
In response to Reply # 19

>Musiq. in Now Magazine from Toronto,
>Ontario, Canada (for those who
>still dont know.)

well he's not a soulquarian.

>
>they also suggested that the Soulquarians
>sound had reached its threshold
>of popularity... i think with
>'the light' by common.

threshold?!?! ha! damn. "the light" wasn't even a top 10 hit. motherfuckers be acting like we holding radio hostage with our sound and shit. there ain't even a sound yet. d switched his shit up. so did erykah. so do we. so does jay. i mean damn!

this is why i hate hip hop heads. for real.

fuck them all.

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 03:53 AM

7. "honestly"
In response to Reply # 0

within itself, i think the soulq's are highly critical artists when it comes to making their own music. meaning, if they become dated to anyone it'll be them to their own music. like they prolly tape something and critique it a million times within itself whereas the average listener would say their outtakes are banging! to the general public the soulquarian hasn't even begun to be heard. the only musicians that are out there that utilize it are d, the roots and erykah (sometimes) otherwise where do u keep hearing it? & keep in mind that jill & musiq don't count.

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

alek
Charter member
3625 posts
Wed Feb-28-01 08:00 PM

24. "RE: honestly"
In response to Reply # 7

>to the general
>public the soulquarian hasn't even
>begun to be heard.
>the only musicians that are
>out there that utilize it
>are d, the roots and
>erykah (sometimes) otherwise where do
>u keep hearing it?

Common. But that's pretty much it.

Alek

bodyrocka

Mon Feb-26-01 07:00 AM

8. "What??????????"
In response to Reply # 0

Really and truely I have thought about what your saying.

But for real though.... Soulqaurians are just getting started.
These cats have such a deep musical knowledge that changing up there sound is not even a challenge. These cats work with and learn from a wide variety of artist who influence them in everthing from drum & bass to bossa nova. Seriuosly, you haven't heard anything yet!

-bodyrocka

----------------------------------------------------
We're Back!!!

Saturday March 3, 2001
at the AQUALOUNGE (323 West Girard Ave, Phila, PA.)

----------------------------------
the BODYROCK
funk - hiphop - classics - culture
----------------------------------
Thanks to everybody that packed the house at the last BODYROCK,
we will be back every first Saturday of the month.
Of choose this is the place to be if you love HipHop music and culture.
If you miss that house party type of energy, it's here.
We also have treats from Fader magazine and HBO.
Plus...we have a special contest for a concert you guys want tickets to.

The best in Funkyazz beats & breaks for you to dance to by
DJ Philly Blunt(ill vibe collective)
DJ lil'dave(WKDU 91.7 FM)
DJ Panic(ill vibe collective)
DJ Somatik(Floor 1)
DJ Static(ill vibe collective)

doors open at 9:00pm
$5 cover
21 & over

...................a crush audio production

peoke7

Mon Feb-26-01 09:28 AM

9. "RE: What??????????"
In response to Reply # 8

I agree with what cats are saying to a degree, it's not that they are getting dated (in my eyes) it's just all this talk about recreating a certain sound, if they are so dope why don't they create something completely original and creative, that's how all the real 'greats' did it, I mean c'mon, when did Coltrane talk about emulating the greats before him to the point where it completely showed up in his work, same thing with Hendrix, or James for that matter. I think the term genius is getting thrown around too loosely just because the record industry is filled with bloaks who can't play, so here comes a cat who can play and "genius"? BS... pure bs, any drummer will tell you Quest love is a better producer than drummer... hmmm

>Really and truely I have thought
>about what your saying.
>
>But for real though.... Soulqaurians are
>just getting started.
>These cats have such a deep
>musical knowledge that changing up
>there sound is not even
>a challenge. These cats
>work with and learn from
>a wide variety of artist
>who influence them in everthing
>from drum & bass to
>bossa nova. Seriuosly,
>you haven't heard anything yet!
>
>
>-bodyrocka
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------
>We're Back!!!
>
>Saturday March 3, 2001
>at the AQUALOUNGE (323 West Girard
>Ave, Phila, PA.)
>
>----------------------------------
>the BODYROCK
>funk - hiphop - classics -
>culture
>----------------------------------
>Thanks to everybody that packed the
>house at the last BODYROCK,
>
>we will be back every first
>Saturday of the month.
>Of choose this is the place
>to be if you love
>HipHop music and culture.
>If you miss that house party
>type of energy, it's here.
>
>We also have treats from Fader
>magazine and HBO.
>Plus...we have a special contest for
>a concert you guys want
>tickets to.
>
>The best in Funkyazz beats &
>breaks for you to dance
>to by
> DJ Philly Blunt(ill
>vibe collective)
> DJ lil'dave(WKDU 91.7
>FM)
> DJ Panic(ill vibe
>collective)
> DJ Somatik(Floor 1)
>
> DJ Static(ill vibe
>collective)
>
>
>doors open at 9:00pm
>$5 cover
>21 & over
>
>...................a crush audio production

khimes
Charter member
3819 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 09:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Wonder how ?uest will see this..."
In response to Reply # 9

"This is food for thought, you do the dishes." - Jay-Z

TWITTER.com/LuckyRivera
NAKED CONFUSION: Coming Soon

peoke7

Mon Feb-26-01 10:00 AM

11. "RE: Wonder how ?uest will see this..."
In response to Reply # 10

no disrespect to anyone, but who cares...

>"This is food for thought, you
>do the dishes." - Jay-Z
>

Vampidemic
Charter member
67 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 07:56 PM

15. "RE: What??????????"
In response to Reply # 9

> if they are so dope why
>don't they create something completely
>original and creative, that's how
>all the real 'greats' did

Perhaps they have the sense to realize it's more important to expand on the legacy of good, SOULFUL music than it is to invent something strikingly "new", merely for the sake of invention?

peoke7

Tue Feb-27-01 12:37 PM

16. "RE: What??????????"
In response to Reply # 15

damn good point, I didn't look at it from that angle...

>> if they are so dope why
>>don't they create something completely
>>original and creative, that's how
>>all the real 'greats' did
>
>Perhaps they have the sense to
>realize it's more important to
>expand on the legacy of
>good, SOULFUL music than it
>is to invent something strikingly
>"new", merely for the sake
>of invention?

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 03:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "opinions are like assholes..."
In response to Reply # 9

>any drummer will tell
>you Quest love is a
>better producer than drummer... hmmm

any drummer?

you mean any drummer I ask would tell me that?

I think not.

You said in another post that you play guitar. Who the fuck made you an authority on drumming?

And even if Quest is a better producer than drummer, who gives a shit? I'm a better rapper than nuclear physicist. So?!??!?

Opinions are like assholes. And you're acting like an opinion.

Thoughtfully yours,

Spirit

http://www.mp3.com/miscellaneousflux - click for instant audio gratification

http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/in_shallah.shtml
- b-boy soul music for the world to
uprock to...

http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/miscellaneous_flux.shtml (Flux's "Sad Sunshine" is currently an editor's pick at http://www.washingtonpost.com/mp3)

"Quit acting like a bitch, 99.99999% of the people can see that you're an idiot." - OKP october33 ripping a hole in someone

"Put on a Mobb Deep record. Take a shot everytime you hear 'Nigga'. Two shots everytime you hear QBC/41st Side/Queensbridge. Three shots everytime you hear 'gat' or any other nickname for a gun. If you make it to the third track alive, call 911, and go get your stomach pumped..." - OKP DiscoDJ teaching the kids about the dangers of mixing alcohol and Mobb Deep

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 08:13 PM

18. "RE: opinions are like assholes..."
In response to Reply # 17

got too many of both on okp..

s ck
reviews asshole
(please read the guidelines before posting http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
(questions about okayplayer.com should be directed to help@okayplayer.com)
(you can reach me at bboombap@hotmail.com, or aim: shockdiggy)

peoke7

Wed Feb-28-01 09:57 AM

20. "RE: opinions are like assholes..."
In response to Reply # 17

and I guess this website has a asshole in you heh? bottom line, it is my opinion, why can't you cats understand that, there will be people who like the Roots, and dislike the Roots, it's the real world, just deal with it. I happen to like the Roots, I don't like everything by the Roots, but I do like most of their stuff, forgive me for offending the official roots lovers like yourself. I like Quest more as a producer, my opinion, I didn't know there would be people out their in their OKpajamas, okheadbands, and OK socks waiting to disagree... forgive me... and it's funny, considering Quest is one of the most opinionated cats (just judging from his reviews) it's wild that you cats get so heated when someone questions his work, please, get over it... the world isn't going to end...

>>any drummer will tell
>>you Quest love is a
>>better producer than drummer... hmmm
>
>any drummer?
>
>you mean any drummer I ask
>would tell me that?
>
>I think not.
>
>You said in another post that
>you play guitar. Who the
>fuck made you an authority
>on drumming?
>
>And even if Quest is a
>better producer than drummer, who
>gives a shit? I'm a
>better rapper than nuclear physicist.
>So?!??!?
>
>Opinions are like assholes. And you're
>acting like an opinion.
>
>Thoughtfully yours,
>
>Spirit
>
>http://www.mp3.com/miscellaneousflux - click for instant audio
>gratification
>
>http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/in_shallah.shtml
>- b-boy soul music for the
>world to
>uprock to...
>
>http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/miscellaneous_flux.shtml (Flux's "Sad Sunshine" is currently
>an editor's pick at http://www.washingtonpost.com/mp3)
>
>
>"Quit acting like a bitch, 99.99999%
>of the people can see
>that you're an idiot." -
>OKP october33 ripping a hole
>in someone
>
>"Put on a Mobb Deep record.
>Take a shot everytime you
>hear 'Nigga'. Two shots everytime
>you hear QBC/41st Side/Queensbridge. Three
>shots everytime you hear 'gat'
>or any other nickname for
>a gun. If you make
>it to the third track
>alive, call 911, and go
>get your stomach pumped..." -
>OKP DiscoDJ teaching the kids
>about the dangers of mixing
>alcohol and Mobb Deep
>

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 01:46 PM

13. "if anything"
In response to Reply # 0

one of the things that i like about the soulquarian sound is that it's timeless.

disposable r&b dates VERY fast-- soulquarians are the anti-thesis, the antidote, the relief, the mfing future..

*hopping down off soap-box*

s ck
reviews moderator
(please read the guidelines before posting http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
(questions about okayplayer.com should be directed to help@okayplayer.com)
(you can reach me at bboombap@hotmail.com, or aim: shockdiggy)

peoke7

Wed Feb-28-01 09:58 AM

21. "RE: if anything"
In response to Reply # 13

I agree... I don't know if they are or not (I won't say) but your right about R&B at this point in time, my opinion...

>one of the things that i
>like about the soulquarian sound
>is that it's timeless.
>
>disposable r&b dates VERY fast-- soulquarians
>are the anti-thesis, the antidote,
>the relief, the mfing future..
>
>
>*hopping down off soap-box*
>
>
>s ck
>reviews moderator
>(please read the guidelines before posting
>http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html)
>(questions about okayplayer.com should be directed
>to help@okayplayer.com)
>(you can reach me at bboombap@hotmail.com,
>or aim: shockdiggy)

CharlieLinus

Wed Feb-28-01 10:00 AM

22. "RE: if anything"
In response to Reply # 13

By the way, when does the live D'angelo set come out? And will it have the Voodoo title track on it?

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Thu Mar-01-01 05:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
25. "good music moves in cycles nm"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage ~ ANAIS NIN

Brooklynite
Charter member
1087 posts
Thu Mar-01-01 11:04 AM

28. "RE: Soulquarian sound becoming dated??"
In response to Reply # 0

Peace
To put it simply the creme de la creme will always come out on top. If the Soulquarian producer's are constantly doing their homework and building on their knowledge of music then their sound won't become dated. The phonies will fall off for the simple fact that they are merely jumping on the bandwagon which of course means they don't take it serious enough to actually do homework. I have enough faith in the Soulquarian clique to be progressive enough to want to build on the old and naturally produce the new, the stuff that our grandchildren will reflect on for influence.

One
Brook

((((( The Sig )))))
One year as a resident, deep in sentiment, they shout out GO BROOKLYN!! They representin it - Dante Smith (Brook doesn't do stage names).

I do this for the borough - me (eff that, Cam bit my steeze).

I'M A GIRL GOT DAMN !!! (now

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #19267 Previous topic | Next topic