Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #18835

Subject: "Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED....." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
azarel

Sun Mar-18-01 09:24 AM

  
"Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED....."


          

well HiphopSite.com announced that the beef is squashed, hmm i wonder why....maybe Evidence can fill us on what happend...but they also announced that Em's other beef is with someone(Nelly) and they cant say the name, but everyone knows there is beef with Nelly, why?..exactly i cant answer...Eminem just feels like picking on WACK RAPPERS,POP SINGERS or EMCEEE's he really doenst think could battle him till they do and rip him so he squashes the beef (ie. Cage and Evidence)lol...peace1

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top


Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'd like to see
Mar 18th 2001
1
Actually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly...
Mar 18th 2001
2
      RE: Actually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly...
nappyhead earth
Mar 19th 2001
10
      ridiculous
Mar 19th 2001
14
      RE: ridiculous
Mar 19th 2001
22
      RE: Actually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly...
Mar 19th 2001
21
      you sure?
Mar 19th 2001
27
           RE: you sure?
Mar 20th 2001
28
Nelly started it
Mar 18th 2001
3
Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers
Mar 18th 2001
4
      RE: Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers
Mar 18th 2001
5
      RE: Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers
Mar 18th 2001
6
      aight, u r TOTALLY wrong there yo
Mar 18th 2001
8
      RE: Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers
Mr_Sarcastic_tha_Antagonist
Mar 20th 2001
35
      Know your hip-hop history:
Mar 18th 2001
7
      Lets face it.....
Mar 18th 2001
9
      RE: Lets face it.....
nappyhead earth
Mar 19th 2001
11
           RE: Lets face it.....
Mar 19th 2001
12
                Straight Comedy
Mar 19th 2001
23
                     True
Mar 19th 2001
24
                     Straight Comedy Indeed
Mar 20th 2001
33
                     RE: Straight Comedy Indeed
nappyhead earth
Mar 20th 2001
37
                     LOL!
Mar 20th 2001
39
                     UP
Mar 20th 2001
36
      RE: Know your hip-hop history:
Mar 19th 2001
19
      uh
LyricalJester
Mar 20th 2001
32
RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED.....
Mar 19th 2001
13
RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED.....
JKilla
Mar 19th 2001
15
      RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED.....
Mar 19th 2001
16
SHUT THE HELL UP EVERYONE...
azarel
Mar 19th 2001
17
Yall are funny
Michaelangelo
Mar 19th 2001
18
      RE: Yall are funny
Mar 19th 2001
20
Blah blah blah...
Mar 19th 2001
25
Yall need to shut the fuggup!!
yall_jusdonno
Mar 19th 2001
26
fools
Mar 20th 2001
29
you guys crack me up
Mar 20th 2001
30
you guys crack me up
Mar 20th 2001
31
RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED.....
Mr_Sarcastic_tha_Antagonist
Mar 20th 2001
34
em/everlast/detroit
Mar 20th 2001
38
No.....Eminem vs Kurupt
ace_drew_dos
Mar 20th 2001
40
      LOL!!!!! n/m
Mar 20th 2001
41
      that was funny....
Mar 20th 2001
42

L_O_Quent
Charter member
15322 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 09:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I'd like to see"
In response to Reply # 0


  

          

him pick on Cannibus and give him something constuctive to do besides smoke weed and cry about 2000 BC's wackness. it would be a good battle too.

carry on


FUCK THE POLICE - N.W.A

I want to cook you a soup that warms your soul - Sade

Buy Angieee's book because her cats need the money they have been surviving off of church donated "slightly" damaged dog food. So buy the book. http://www.thebrokediaries.com/ - L_O_Quent

The offspring :-D

PSN & XBL: LOQuent

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

    
CH
Charter member
83 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Actually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly..."
In response to Reply # 1


          

Actually,

The word from sohh.com, and others, is that this new diss will be directed at Fred Durst.

Everyone knows that he's going to diss Nelly, it's not a question of if, but when.

Personally, it's like the Pot calling the Kettle black, with Em dissing Durst, but word on the street is that he's going to go after Durst.

I think you'll see Everlast and Em squash their beef. Evidence and Everlast go way back (was reading an article about Everlast, and they asked him, back in 98, who would be the next big "white" rapper, and he said, "I don't believe in that great white hop shit, but if you had to ask me, I'd say my homeboy Evidence.") I think with Evidence and Em on good terms, that Everlast and Em aren't far behind.

But, Everlast does not like Durst, so, I think EM is rounding his bases before he heads for home. Dissing Durst will give him a rougher edge and gain some points with the Underground...something I think he saw he had lost when he started dissing on Ev and Evidence, and no one backed him up.

CH


"While you raggin' on all the people you blasted, I'm askin' how many days have you fasted?"
-Everlast


  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
nappyhead earth

Mon Mar-19-01 06:40 AM

  
10. "RE: Actually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly..."
In response to Reply # 2


          


>But, Everlast does not like Durst,

Hmm...I just saw an ep of Whack City and Tigger, Ev, and Freddy were all engaging in some of that "great white hip-hop" conversation.


"tell me what you gon' do to get free? WE NEED MORE THAN EMCEES, WE NEED HUEYS AND REVOLUTIONARIES..." M1, deadprez

"with the painstaking presicion of taggin'
with a Magnum on thread
I sowed my own Parable..."--me

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
yosh
Charter member
684 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 08:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "ridiculous"
In response to Reply # 2


          

sohh.com said that he was gonna diss fred durst??
those two(em & durst) have recorded a track together before, are on the same label, and have performed live together on tour...i doubt, SERIOUSLY DOUBT, that eminem is gonna diss fred durst...ridiculous rumor..


"Drink Listerine, brush my teeth with amphetamine
So I can sound fresh and say dope things in between."-Ras Kass

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

            
CH
Charter member
83 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 06:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
22. "RE: ridiculous"
In response to Reply # 14


          

Also, why is everyone thinking that being on the same label, same management, the same tours, and things like that determine if they get along?

That's foolish. Labels, tours, things like that...those are business, those are for money.

Remember, Eminem dissed on Everlast. BReal said straight up, paraphrased, "It's between them, but if someone else jumps in or it goes further, I'll have Everlast's back. We're Soul Assasins. I have the back of my Soul Assasin bretheren before anything else."

And if you want proof this was said, head over to CypressConnection.com and research.

Some things matter more than money. Go listen to track No. 13 on Cypress Hill's Temples of Boom.

Now, apply your equation to Eminem and BReal...Same record company, same management, same tours, on songs together. But, BReal backs Everlast...

Chino from Deftones has been ragging on Durst, but, look at the managment, tours, and so on...

Now, Em and Durst.

CH


"While you raggin' on all the people you blasted, I'm askin' how many days have you fasted?"
-Everlast


  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
CH
Charter member
83 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 06:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "RE: Actually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly..."
In response to Reply # 2


          

Ok, Ev and Durst haven't gotten along in a long time. That's pretty well known...since about a year or so ago, they haven't. A lot of it has to do with Durst doing Jump Around all the time, and some other personal issues....Um, just a month ago, at a concert, the review quoted Everlast as saying, right before doing a rendition of Jump Around, "And, yo, Fuck Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst, they know this is my song." He's been dissin on Em, Durst, and Pringles for a while now...


Second,
from sohh.com

"We've heard whispers that Eminem's next verbal assault maybe aimed at a popular Rap-Rock frontman. Remember the beef between Em and ex-House Of Pain member Everlast? Well, this artist's deejay is also an ex-HOP member... "


There we go!

CH

AIM: Mersun144


"While you raggin' on all the people you blasted, I'm askin' how many days have you fasted?"
-Everlast


  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 11:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
27. "you sure?"
In response to Reply # 2


          

as far as i knew, em and fred are boys....right? still? did somethin happen that i don't know about? he said that so called dis at the awards was an oversite. and not a dis.



the source mic ratings 1990-2001


@@@@@
-edutainment (funny in the annivrsery issue they left this out...but i have the ice cube issue when they first started rating albums)
-people's instintive travels and the paths of rhythm
-amerikkka's most wanted
-let the rhythm hit em
-all for one
-de la soul is dead
-illmatic
-life after death
-aquemini
-niggaz4life* (not reveiwed but in summer issue 92 they mentioned it as a 5mic classic)

@@@@1/2
-sex and violence
-buisiness as usual
-business never personal
-whut thee album
-breaking atoms
-death certifacate
-buhloone mindstate
-the chronic
-enter the 36 chambers
-southernplayerlisticadillacmusic
-life after death
-the infamous
-only built 4 cuban links
-illadelph halflife
-hell on earth
-bow down
-i am
-murder muzick
-life story
-classic limited edition vol 1
-guerilla warfare
-in my lifetime vol.3
-la rock familia
-ecleftic:two sides to a story
-moment of truth
-supreame clientel
-last of a dying breed
-the truth

the gag mics-
fear of a black planet-@@@1/2
da shinin-@@@
stankonia-@@@@
lootpack-@@1/2
ressurection-@@@1/2
the beatnuts-@@@1/2**
mos def and talib kweli are black star-@@@1/2
the love movement-@@@1/2
fantastic vol 2-@@@1/2

*-source never reviewed, but mentioned in summer issue that it was a 5 mic classic.

**-the only record to change a rating after printing. in the next issue they printed (in fine print that it was a @@@@ mic album)


check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

            
CH
Charter member
83 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 02:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
28. "RE: you sure?"
In response to Reply # 27


          

Yep...

Caled a friend of mine to see if he knew anything, and he said that he had heard that that was going to be the deal, too.

Keep in mind it's all speculation and what people are hearing, and sohh.com is the only article I've seen with that. But I think it will be true.

Personally, I thought he would go after Confrontation Camp (Chuck D, Ice Jason, Professor Griff) because of their friendship and tour with ICP...but, apparently he's not dum enough to diss on Chuck D (unfortunately).

So, from everything I have heard, and read, it looks, thus far, like Em will diss Durst!

CH



"While you raggin' on all the people you blasted, I'm askin' how many days have you fasted?"
-Everlast


  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

nonseq
Charter member
4028 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 03:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Nelly started it"
In response to Reply # 0


          

Nelly was dissing Em on TRL first. I hate when wack rappers try to dis emcees they'd get destroyed by, i.e Pras dissing Jeru. I'd love to hear a Nelly dis. Nelly is the wackest emcee out there by far.


AIM: nichet00

"Even when I say nothing, it's a brilliant use of negative space" El-P


Raeshika: i bought slum used today
Raeshika: returned it 3 hrs later.
nichet00: ha ha
nichet00: that should go in my sig
nichet00: putting it in now



www.myspace.com/inthecompanyoftinmen

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

    
Lyterall
Charter member
1106 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 05:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers"
In response to Reply # 3


  

          

The only reason they squashed the beef was so that Eminem wouldn't get dissed again on Searching For Bobby Fisher 2.... see, Eminem can't really hang with underground artist, he just prays on the commercial/materialistic ones. But, in reference to a previous post i would like to see Eminem vs. Canibus, or even Eminem vs. Chino XL... i think both artist would crush Eminem. But as for now, i am going to stop buying Eminem's and D-12's music, just for the fact that he dissed Dilated for no apparent reason.

Lyterall

"Lick the balls" - Mad Skillz

"Click, boom, the lyrical rocket launcha" - Rock

"I'm I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T" - Mos Def

"Call me diamonds, cause i'm your girl's bestfriend" - Punchline

Lyterall appears courtesy of
ZFTP/Sign To Myself Records

(www.myspace.com/lyterall)

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
schmitty2g
Member since Nov 13th 2002
4 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 05:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers"
In response to Reply # 4


          

If eminem focused and actualy dissed evidence, he would destroy him. I mean a bass brothers produced track, and not something he produced himself. And if he got someone besides D-12. Royce or Xzibit. But xzibit is down with DP, so that wouldnt work. Evidence isnt very good as a rapper and probly worse as a battler. I was waiting for that eminem answer to search 4 bobby fisher, and the whole uncle ronnie thing.

There is no doubt em would kill nelly in a battle. Thats too bad since i had just started to like that get the money song (guilty pleasure.... it spoke to me)

Eminem and Royce could kill anyone

Schmitty

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

            
schmitty2g
Member since Nov 13th 2002
4 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 05:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "RE: Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers"
In response to Reply # 5


          

>If eminem focused and actualy dissed
>evidence, he would destroy him.
> I mean a bass
>brothers produced track, and not
>something he produced himself.
>And if he got someone
>besides D-12. Royce or
>Xzibit. But xzibit is
>down with DP, so that
>wouldnt work. Evidence isnt
>very good as a rapper
>and probly worse as a
>battler. I was waiting
>for that eminem answer to
>search 4 bobby fisher, and
>the whole uncle ronnie thing.
>
>
>There is no doubt em would
>kill nelly in a battle.
> Thats too bad since
>i had just started to
>like that get the money
>song (guilty pleasure.... it spoke
>to me)
>
>Eminem and Royce could kill anyone

Oh i forgot Outsidaz
Pacewon, Young Zee, all of um
they would kill DP too


  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                
dj_teddy_bear
Charter member
4213 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 07:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "aight, u r TOTALLY wrong there yo"
In response to Reply # 6


          

altho dilated aint THEE best emcees, or battlers, i know that ev would rip em and his new rhymin self... if this was like back in 98 or 99, he'd lost, but that was the old em, this is that slim shady shit!!! and he sucks now....

and as for the outsidaz, that wouldnt happen cuz em and them aint cool no more (words from denzy of the outsidaz himself) and they altogether aint that great at battlin, cept for zee...


bite me...http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/content.php?id=9155 OKAYcompilation...http://www.urgent.rug.ac.be/vinylators/okaycompilation/download.html


U WANT MY EMAIL ADDRESS?!?!!
its, dj_teddy_bear@hotmail.com, my AIM too? its nappysince83.

OKAYoungins - Givin You True Youth Since (11/12)2000

dj_teddy_bear - daveyg - zero - DROots - albinomexican - illnes - okaymattd - HomerILLiad404 - OkayBrazilian - Essaywhuman - HersheyBit - Preach - brown_thought - naame - akweykan - Lyterall - MoJoTaters - Loryn - Imfntubby - ILLusional - tRoUbLeMnD - TotalRequestloveLive - WhiGoStaR - smiler - itsmeaight - erjs408 - drFunkenstein - vuduchild - tygris - Afroteck - fLee - Scout - sugarflyy - Adrenaline - RipRapRoad - SayWhatMan - Divine Sheba - IlladOLphINS - ICE - 6thSenses - Okayplayer619 - Yunique

and our honorary OKAYuncle and aunts... L_O_Quent, 3rd i, bnicedh, Double M, Ricochet

wanna be an official OKAYoungin? hit me (info is higher up!), daveyg (davegilbertson - AIM) or zero (monkeybars j5 - AIM)

"They owe me whats mine, I show you if you if you lone me ya nine!...These crackers cant stop UHURU" - stic.man (of dead prez) 'dem crazy'

peace...One luv 4 hip hop.....DJ Teddy Bear

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

            
Mr_Sarcastic_tha_Antagonist

Tue Mar-20-01 05:39 AM

  
35. "RE: Evidence is better than Marshal Mathers"
In response to Reply # 5


          

You think to much of evidence and dialated. I think honestly eminem dosen't take them in the least bit seriously. I just think he dosen't respect them like that, or they don't bring out that fire in him. Everlast and other kats just hit a nerve and had to pay for it (quitter, kill whitey), come on don't be blinded by your loyalty to the underground emcees. Cause half the kats talking trash about em now, were probably sweating back when he was just getting on.

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
nonseq
Charter member
4028 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 06:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Know your hip-hop history:"
In response to Reply # 4


          

>The only reason they squashed the
>beef was so that Eminem
>wouldn't get dissed again on
>Searching For Bobby Fisher 2....

You know this for a fact?

>see, Eminem can't really hang
>with underground artist, he just
>prays on the commercial/materialistic ones.

Apparently you have not been privy to the Sway and Tech Wake Up Show verses. He clearly blew Dilated the fuck out of the studio when they were all in the same session. Matter fact, pick any dilated verse from the Wake up show appearances and compare them to Em's. Neither one of those cats can hang.

>But, in reference to a
>previous post i would like
>to see Eminem vs. Canibus,
>or even Eminem vs. Chino
>XL... i think both artist
>would crush Eminem. But as
>for now, i am going
>to stop buying Eminem's and
>D-12's music, just for the
>fact that he dissed Dilated
>for no apparent reason.
>

No apparent reason? Get two things straight. First off, Dilated let Everlast dis Eminem on THEIR album and did not do anything as far as declaring neutrality. Evidence was even quoted as saying Everlast could beat Eminem down, etc. That wouldn't strike ME as being particularly neutral. That being said, "Quitter" was never officially released, it was stolen and leaked after being set aside as scrap, ergo, Em's plan at the time was not to dis Dilated publicly. You can now call off the boycott, 3rdRail.




AIM: nichet00

"Even when I say nothing, it's a brilliant use of negative space" El-P


Raeshika: i bought slum used today
Raeshika: returned it 3 hrs later.
nichet00: ha ha
nichet00: that should go in my sig
nichet00: putting it in now



www.myspace.com/inthecompanyoftinmen

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

            
Ricochet
Charter member
20023 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 07:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Lets face it....."
In response to Reply # 7


  

          

Eminem doesnt bring heat on the mic like he used to and I would blame it on too much commercial exposure, that cat has become a "pop tart" now. Of course he could've ripped Evidence for that Bobby Fisher jawn if he really wanted to but the kid is getting lazy, and when that happens skills start to lack. Thats why he would rather go after wack pop icons such as Fred Durst and diss weak ass rappers like Nelly than focus on real challengers like Ev or Cage who has attacked him numerous times.

I would personally like to see Slim Shady vs Royce Da 5'9 {his mans and dem} today if possible. Lets see if we can make this happen please cause i'm bored with this marshal mathers goes hollywood bullshit, doing award shows with Elton John like it really matters and shit.

One
________________________________________
Ricochet aka Rick Rude aka {You got too many names}

OKAY Uncle Ricochet- Giving You True Wisdom Since 2001

Shouts 2 Da One Shot Fam

"If I don't like it, I don't like it, that don't mean that i'm hatin'"- Common

Can I get a freakin record deal!!!

"I stay on ya mind like great sex, you ain't on my mind i'm thinkin bout pay checks"- Jay Dee

F--- a quote.

http://members.blackplanet.com/RickRude

Hit me up @ AIM: RicochetDaEmcee1

http://chegrand.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-havent-given-up-this-place-just-yet.html

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                
nappyhead earth

Mon Mar-19-01 06:47 AM

  
11. "RE: Lets face it....."
In response to Reply # 9


          

>Eminem doesnt bring heat on the
>mic like he used to
>and I would blame it
>on too much commercial exposure,
>that cat has become a
>"pop tart" now. Of course
>he could've ripped Evidence for
>that Bobby Fisher jawn if
>he really wanted to but
>the kid is getting lazy,
>and when that happens skills
>start to lack. Thats why
>he would rather go after
>wack pop icons such as
>Fred Durst and diss weak
>ass rappers like Nelly than
>focus on real challengers like
>Ev or Cage who has
>attacked him numerous times.

>Lets see
>if we can make this
>happen please cause i'm bored
>with this marshal mathers goes
>hollywood bullshit, doing award shows
>with Elton John like it
>really matters and shit.

I couldn't agree more. I like Em and all, but I hate the fact that he does all this beefin' against muthafu*ckas that won't really move ish...Christina...Britany...NSync... At leat the beefs he had with DP were a lil' legit. And Nelly? Don't get me started. I say, why waste the time? He's a lil' local kid that got lucky, got put on, and he's trying to have some fun. He'll probably be headlinin' the next ep on "Where are they Now?"
peace


"tell me what you gon' do to get free? WE NEED MORE THAN EMCEES, WE NEED HUEYS AND REVOLUTIONARIES..." M1, deadprez

"with the painstaking presicion of taggin'
with a Magnum on thread
I sowed my own Parable..."--me

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                    
Zeno
Charter member
25623 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 07:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "RE: Lets face it....."
In response to Reply # 11


  

          

But that's exactly why Em wouldn't want beef with Dilated. He'd rather pick on people with no respect and integrity than keep a beef with Ev going. He has nothing to lose from insulting Britney Spears, but he probably cares about actual hip-hop heads respecting him. He'll lose underground respect if he beefs with Dilated, lus he pisses off potential buyers of the D-12 album. Plus, making fun of pop stars makes 14-year old boys laugh, and thus sells records, which is Em's primary goal, since he is music's biggest whore.

Z

"Blindfolds can't cover three eyes,
We're wise to the fact so we attack with what we know Heaven is the only good life" --Andre Benjamin

____________

Over 10 Years of Measured Responses

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                        
nonseq
Charter member
4028 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 06:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
23. "Straight Comedy"
In response to Reply # 12


          

>But that's exactly why Em wouldn't
>want beef with Dilated.
>He'd rather pick on people
>with no respect and integrity
>than keep a beef with
>Ev going. He has
>nothing to lose from insulting
>Britney Spears, but he probably
>cares about actual hip-hop heads
>respecting him. He'll lose
>underground respect if he beefs
>with Dilated, lus he pisses
>off potential buyers of the
>D-12 album.

And this is something he wouldn't have been concerned about while dissing Cage? Riiiiight.

Plus, making
>fun of pop stars makes
>14-year old boys laugh, and
>thus sells records, which is
>Em's primary goal, since he
>is music's biggest whore.

Okay, I think I have this whole okay-double standard figured out.

Common disses weaklings in 14-year-old Immature and Puff Daddy, then takes on a has-been in Ice Cube and gets canonized. Em disses weaklings from TRL, tackles a has-been (arguably) in Everlast, and disses an underground emcee with credibility in Cage and gets labeled as "scared to battle underground emcees and only targeting pop acts to 1. Maintain street cred. 2. Impress MTV fans."

The Roots shaft the fuck out of Jill Scott, replacing her with Erykah Badu to make "You Got Me" more commercially viable. ?uest admits that You Got Me is a pop song and Jill sang the hook better, but claims "the decision was made, people got families to feed, rah rah rah" and no one thinks less of them. But, Eminem's the biggest whore? Suuuure.

Common goes from 0 R&B hooks to aping R. Kelly and Mary J Blige, dredging up Patrice Rushen's "You Remind Me" for the umpteenth time in the hopes of creating a hit. He follows this with a single based on another hit formula: having Lauryn Hill re-sing an old song and sashay around in the video. He slaps the newly platinum Erykah Badu on a track for good measure. Next album he tops this by adding the platinum D'Angelo, Bilal, more R&B hooks and a remix with the R&B chick du jour, Macy Gray. But, Eminem's the biggest whore? Suuuure.

Redman, when guest-starring on Missy's album, insisted that Missy leave underground emcee Danja Mowf of the track, citing concerns it wouldn't blow up enough. But, Eminem's the biggest whore? Suuuure.

And, let me guess: it's ok for ?uest to perform with pop darling Prince and for the Roots to record with Lenny Kravitz, both of which have legions of suburbian whitebread fans, but Eminem performing with Elton John is "selling out".

At first I was searching for the logic behind this thinking, only to realize there was none, and there truly is an okay-double-standard.

Can't wait to see it reappear if those rumors about Soulquarians doing work with NSync turn out to be true.


AIM: nichet00

"Even when I say nothing, it's a brilliant use of negative space" El-P


Raeshika: i bought slum used today
Raeshika: returned it 3 hrs later.
nichet00: ha ha
nichet00: that should go in my sig
nichet00: putting it in now



www.myspace.com/inthecompanyoftinmen

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                            
lionelzeus
Charter member
1602 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 06:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
24. "True"
In response to Reply # 23


          

yo you speaketh the truth my man these cats always trying diss an artist when they blow in the main stream straight up Eminem is crushing every last MC these bookbag clowns are naming the cat makes good records give him his respect he aint spittin no Vanilla ice lyrics he still kicks hot shit these cats love to pigeon hole an artist if its dope its dope whether its on trl or some underground hip-hop show

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                            
Zeno
Charter member
25623 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 05:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
33. "Straight Comedy Indeed"
In response to Reply # 23


  

          

And what did the Roots do when they won their Grammy? Personally, I can't remember. I do, however, recall Eminem going to and performing at the award show he doesn't "give a damn about", and using it as an opportunity to plug D-12. I also seem to recall Com and the Roots having some sort of artistic integrity. Every damn song Eminem does is either "Look at me, I'm so outrageous", "Look at me, I'm misunderstood and persecuted" or "Look at me, I rule the world". The Roots, and especially Com, at least wite ABOUT SOMETHING. Eminem writes about absolutely nothing, and do you know why? It gets his ass paid. Everything he does is based around the premise "Will this sell me more records?". Everything. He refdefines the art of commercial whoring.

Z

"Blindfolds can't cover three eyes,
We're wise to the fact so we attack with what we know Heaven is the only good life" --Andre Benjamin

____________

Over 10 Years of Measured Responses

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                                
nappyhead earth

Tue Mar-20-01 06:22 AM

  
37. "RE: Straight Comedy Indeed"
In response to Reply # 33


          

Couldn't have said it better myself. Personally, I still like Em. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's in my top anything, but I still think he's aight. I also think that his earlier shit (before them Olympics) was way better, but that's usually how it goes. You're more determined to eat when your hungry...once you "can afford to provide family with groceries" you lose your incentive to be just as dope. I don't think I would call him an industry whore, but Talib said it best, if you makin' money for the loot you a prostitiute (a lil' paraphrasin', but you catch the drift...).
peace


"tell me what you gon' do to get free? WE NEED MORE THAN EMCEES, WE NEED HUEYS AND REVOLUTIONARIES..." M1, deadprez

"with the painstaking presicion of taggin'
with a Magnum on thread
I sowed my own Parable..."--me

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                                
nonseq
Charter member
4028 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 02:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
39. "LOL!"
In response to Reply # 33


          

>And what did the Roots do
>when they won their Grammy?
> Personally, I can't remember.
> I do, however, recall
>Eminem going to and performing
>at the award show he
>doesn't "give a damn about",
>and using it as an
>opportunity to plug D-12.

I do recall him flipping off the crowd as well.

>I also seem to recall
>Com and the Roots having
>some sort of artistic integrity.

Artistic integrity that is happily sacrificed in the hopes of being more commercially viable, as in "You Got Me", "Reminding Me Of Sef", "Ghetto Heaven" and its remix, and "Retrospective for Life"

> Every damn song Eminem
>does is either "Look at
>me, I'm so outrageous", "Look
>at me, I'm misunderstood and
>persecuted" or "Look at me,
>I rule the world".

Inaccurate. He also has dis songs, songs on the Slim Shady album that addressed his poverty, and various instances of social commentary throughout his songs, especially in "Who Knew".


>The Roots, and especially Com,
>at least wite ABOUT SOMETHING.
> Eminem writes about absolutely
>nothing,

Okay, define your "something" and your "nothing" so we can be on the same page.

and do you know
>why? It gets his
>ass paid.

Right, but when Common and the Roots gladly give their music to Reebok and Volkswagen, it's not about getting paid? Nice one, ace.

Everything he
>does is based around the
>premise "Will this sell me
>more records?". Everything.

I'm sorry, but Eminem's not the one reaching for R&B hooks, interpolations of old hits for their singles, and yanking motherfuckers off a track to put someone platinum and video-friendly on instead. Your beloved okayartists are. All that shit is arguably based around the premise "will this sell me more records?"

Eminem, however, despite going platinum, found time to lace underground cats like the Outsidaz and Sway and Tech with appearances on two joints each, appeared on Tony Touch's 50 Mc's compilation, appeared on Domingo's compilation, appeared on the Soundbombing Compilation, Tony Touch's The Piecemaker, DJ Spinna's compilation, etc. Now, if you're going to argue he did all that shit to endear himself to the TRL heads, you're a better comedian than I thought. Oh, and he also singlehandedly put on Royce 5'9 and D-12. All that helped him get paid, right?



>He refdefines the art of
>commercial whoring.

Moreso than ?uest happily drumming away for an NSync track and stabbing Jill Scott in the back to get sales, I'm sure. Just admit you're a hypocrite and move on.

Love how you ignored my points there, ace. Some rebuttal would have been nice......


AIM: nichet00

"Even when I say nothing, it's a brilliant use of negative space" El-P


Raeshika: i bought slum used today
Raeshika: returned it 3 hrs later.
nichet00: ha ha
nichet00: that should go in my sig
nichet00: putting it in now



www.myspace.com/inthecompanyoftinmen

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

                            
Monty Burns
Charter member
986 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 05:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
36. "UP"
In response to Reply # 23


  

          

well said!!!

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

            
YardBird33
Charter member
3260 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 03:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "RE: Know your hip-hop history:"
In response to Reply # 7


  

          


>No apparent reason? First off, Dilated let Everlast dis Eminem on THEIR album and did not do anything as far as declaring neutrality.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I do recall an interview where Rakaa essentially said(and this is paraphrased 'cause it was awhile ago I saw this): "We did a remix and invited some cats to spit on it. Whatever was said was said. We are not ones to tell someone they can't say what they wanna say on a Dilated track. We don't stifle creativity. What someone outside Dilated says does not always echo Dilated's feelings..."

Like I said, this is maaaad paraphrased tho...

Peace & SOul Grease,
Bird
3rd eye enforcer of the Knownots Crew

AIM: yardicus

http://www.recordkingdom.com -The vinyl junkie's therapy

Need a turntable to play all that vinyl you just bought at Record Kingdom?

For Sale: Gemini XL BD40 Belt-Driven Turntable w/ external swivel light.

Wanna see it? http://www.gigpro.com/xlbd40.html

Interested? Email me at j.royal@verizon.net

Peace,
J-Bird

"The light asks little from those who send the darkness away"

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
LyricalJester

Tue Mar-20-01 05:09 AM

  
32. "uh"
In response to Reply # 4


          

i'm curious...what makes you say that eminem can't hang with undergound cats..what are you basing this on..i'm not even a "fan" of his, but I know he'd eat most of the emcees in my collection for dinner, and then go back for some Fun Fruits.. What the hell was your d#ck doing in the milk man?

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

zamas
Charter member
3208 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 07:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED....."
In response to Reply # 0


  

          

all this talk about em havin beef with nsync or brittney or whatever aint beef, see u gotta actually reply back to have a beef it cant be one sided, he was just having fun, I like dilated as much as the next man but i didnt see evidence ripping em that badly, and i doubt that em would be scared to diss back, he is a mc.. u cant be scared to lose a battle(that is wack)..on the other hand i cant remember em using extreme punchlines and mad metaphors to diss anybody b4(just calling somebody wack and saying u will crush they adams apple aint that appealing as it use to be)..maybe im wrong...cage? he is wack anyway he needs to stay doin his porno detective shit..everlast?? he needs to squash this cause its stupid....peacE

"I got more styles then reikers island can count beds" - Thirstin Howl III

"I switched my motto, instead of saying fuck tomorrow, that buck that bought a bottle coulda struck the lotto" -NAS

"Your love is 2 for 1, its sweet and then its kinda fun, its like a whole lot of good thangs, rolled up into one...candy like love" - bootsy

"Ain't no future in yo frontin" -MC Breed

"I love the Lord, and if lovin the Lord is wrong, I dont wanna be right" -Reverend Brown

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

    
JKilla

Mon Mar-19-01 09:51 AM

  
15. "RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED....."
In response to Reply # 13


          

Want he try beefing with Jay Z, Common, Beans, Black Thought, Prodigy, The Lox(They'll talk about him bad). Naw I'm not trying to start anything just wanna see a real emcee battle not emcee vs non emcee. Who do you think would rip Em up in a battle on wax or of off wax. Excluding DP and Everlast.

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
zamas
Charter member
3208 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 09:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED....."
In response to Reply # 15


  

          

juice did beat him, and the other dude from chicago beat him...but besides that, rass.. chino maybe..a few boston mc's
some of those anticon kids...but its all speculation

"I got more styles then reikers island can count beds" - Thirstin Howl III

"I switched my motto, instead of saying fuck tomorrow, that buck that bought a bottle coulda struck the lotto" -NAS

"Your love is 2 for 1, its sweet and then its kinda fun, its like a whole lot of good thangs, rolled up into one...candy like love" - bootsy

"Ain't no future in yo frontin" -MC Breed

"I love the Lord, and if lovin the Lord is wrong, I dont wanna be right" -Reverend Brown

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

azarel

Mon Mar-19-01 12:13 PM

  
17. "SHUT THE HELL UP EVERYONE..."
In response to Reply # 0


          

what are yall talking about....the first couple of people started to talk some sense but now yall are just babbling about bullshit like, oh i wish Em could battle the Lox, BlackThought, Common, Jay Z, blah blah blah....first off, Eminem battling these people, well HE WOULD WIN AGAINST SOME OF THEM(regardless of his SHIT music, he can battle like a motherfucker)i dont like his second or third lps but his first one was dope as hell...Eminem over Jay Dee type beats...wow...really amazing...anyways....that other discussion about WHITE EMCEES?..who cares what color you are..if your dope then your dope....FYI Evidence is spanish...i dont consider spanish emcees white..cause if u did then that whole argument about black and latinos creating hiphop...well then it would be black and white..so, Evidence aint a battle emcee but held his own and ripped eminem..all eminem did was copying someones elses battle trak, make up facts, and had a hook....BATTLE TRAKS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE HOOKS(lol, its a unwritten law..lol) thats why i dont consider COMMON'S "BITCH IN YOU" the greatest, but its up there....and whats this EMINEM losing UNDERGROUND respect?..man he lost that when he signed with DRE...well to me..he lost all respect...after those albums he clearly changed his whole style for money..peace1

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

    
Michaelangelo

Mon Mar-19-01 12:52 PM

  
18. "Yall are funny"
In response to Reply # 17


          

1 - my take on the Eminem/Durst thing******
Eminem disses Christina - Durst agrees to perform on MTV awards with Christina - Eminem PURPOSELY leaves Durst hangin during performance on said awards show...Durst says during interview (paraphrasing), it is unnecessary to diss gay people and say fag, and it was not "cool" for Em to say what he did about Christina on the 1st single from the last album...why not diss em after all this...2 white guys beefin...wow

2 - Nelly******
Nelly started pumpin his shit out the trunk and made his own name...got a deal...some caught on..the rest is history...he is not the best emcee, but he made 2 catchy singles off one album...let him do his thing...

3 - Everybody
can a day pass without imaginary beef and ***** vs ***** posts? this topic started out good, then went to shit like Eminem's credibility...have a good day, people!
"the Haterade pitcher should be empty by now"

*******and dat's all I got to say bout dat******

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
Zeno
Charter member
25623 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 04:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
20. "RE: Yall are funny"
In response to Reply # 18


  

          

Yeah, yeah, yeah whatever.

Anyways, I know they're on the same label, but wouldn't a Bow Wow vs. Blinky Blink beef be amazing? Their battles would rip ish.

Z

"Blindfolds can't cover three eyes,
We're wise to the fact so we attack with what we know Heaven is the only good life" --Andre Benjamin

____________

Over 10 Years of Measured Responses

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

MANHOODLUM
Charter member
27788 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 08:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
25. "Blah blah blah..."
In response to Reply # 0


  

          

I don't hate Eminem, but I never liked his stuff enough to buy any of it. I think he's good at making words rhyme, and that's it. Besides "Mushroom's", and his "I killed my baby moms"-cuts, he doesn't say anything. Even D-12 admitted in interviews they're just shooting for shock value, nothing more.

Not to be on some "What is hip-hop"-philosophy stuff, but is hip-hop based on "the real" (gasp!). Everyone's been talking about "The Ev's", Cage (who Eminem BIT so very badly), and Durst...yet, passing Nelly off. NO, Nelly wouldn't have a chance in a million to whoop Eminen in lyrics, but Eminem did leave a hotel because Nelly was in the same hotel. That shows Eminem and a punk, point blank. He talks all this smack, yet, WILL NOT back ANY of it up. That's wack, fake, "un-real", and def. NOT hip-hop. NO, I'm not saying "beating mugfugs down" is the 6th element of hip-hop, but it came from the street, and you have to face it's roots from time-to-time.

I see Eminem as those bratty kids back in the days on the playground...they talk mad s--t from a distance, then run when you come at them.

Everlast and Evidence can write some stuff that will go the distance...Eminem will just write some dorky punchine's, and have to make a "pt.II" within 2 weeks

I don't care what anyone says, "Quitters" sucked. "You claim your a muslim, but your irish-white"...WTF?!?

oh, and who's Bobby Fisher anyway? Can someone drop some quote from this song, because I haven't heard it at all..

oh, p.s. Royce the 5'9 is ridiculously overrated. He could have Moses doing tracks on his album, I could care less lol

Avatar?
E-Boogs and Nayi

MANHOODLUM
Most sig'd okp.
No Aliases.

MANHOODLUM via Twitter
MANHOODLUM@live.com
MANHOODLUM@yahoo.com
Tommy Moran @ Facebook
MANHOODLUM@tmo.blackberry.net

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

yall_jusdonno

Mon Mar-19-01 11:18 PM

  
26. "Yall need to shut the fuggup!!"
In response to Reply # 0


          

Okay, Im tired of hearin all this. Look, if it were a few years ago, you would have been all over Eminems cock and sayin that he would beat anyone and they moms. Now, you all tryna act like you dont like him cuz hes "commercial". Some of yall need to realize that things dont always stay the same. To be honest with you, and I know that Im gonna get shot in the street for sayin this, if the SOULQUARIANS just flipped and went pop, I WOULDNT GIVE A FUCK!!! Turn it off! You aint gotta buy it then! Let them do what they want! Damn, you gotdamn people analyze it too damn much, its jus music, for real, damn.

As for Em and them folks, oh well. I mean, yall jus diss the hell out of Nelly, but HAVE YALL HEARD HIM BATTLE? I mean, really? Have yall been in a cypher with him? Oh, really, so you havent....hmmmm...well shut the fuck up then! Jus cuz hes not necessarily a battle MC, doesnt mean he cant kick some tight shit off the head, I know hella folks that make some commercial shit, and aint never heard a gotdamn thing about the underground that got lyrics for days off the dome. But they wouldnt be tryna make shit for battle heads, they out to make money, but can you blame them?

You white muhfuggas(sorry I had to bring race into this...sorry!) want so much from us black folks. Jus cuz you can live comfortably with your priveledged selves, and make music however the hell you want to, doesnt mean that brothas from AnyGhetto USA can too. Get that thru ya heads, damn, some folks need some money, and money changes ya, but think about it, if you go virtually overnight, from the streets, bein broke, to havin money to do almost anything you want, havin any hoes you want, period, do you really think that its not gonna change your outlook on life?? Dont lie to yourselves! Shit, Im the dirtiest hungriest underground MC, but that doesnt mean I dont like to be comfortable! Shut the FUGGUP!!!

Stop foolin yaselves...

PEACE

----------------------------------------



"....I'm Healthy, I'm Alive, I can't complain!!"-Aceyalone

"....Anytime you find someone more successful than you are, especially when you are both engaged in the same business-you know they're doing something you aren't."-Malcom X

"...If we smoked out, Hip Hop gon be smoked out, if we doin aiight, Hip Hop gon be doin aiight...We are Hip Hop, me, you, everybody, WE are Hip Hop, so Hip Hop is goin where we goin... SO THE NEXT TIME YOU ASK YOURSELF WHERE HIP HOP IS GOIN, ASK YOURSELF, "WHERE AM I GOIN? HOW AM I DOIN?"-Mos Def

"...if we can't sit at the table, then let's knock the f**kin legs off!!..."-James Foreman, SNCC

"...I'm used to white people tryna rob us, it ain't no new thing, why don't they try stealin some of this poverty..."-Gil Scott-Heron

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

stevelove
Member since Aug 19th 2002
36 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 02:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
29. "fools"
In response to Reply # 0


          

any of you fools even know eminem evidence or everlast????
No!
So stop speculating about the inner workings of their minds.
Eminem is dope. Stop hating on him cuz he is selling records.
Dilated is dope, but just cuz ev is a dope ass producer and a decent emcee doesn't mean he can beat Em in a battle just cuz he is "underground" whatever that means.
Then again maybe he could.
either way, until they flat out battle we won't know so let it rest.



Bennie guiness on Bananaman:
he's not a white kid from philly, he's a saudi arabian livery cab driver from washington heights who moonlights as the body double for the white midget on the cover of the first ghetto boy's album and wears a ruby-encrusted turban in emulation of punch-out's great tiger.


Promo starts here~

From the man who brought you the classics:
Planet Erf
Jewel of the Nile
The Scribbly Line
Idunnoman
25/8
Fruity*
DMX Must DIE*
*(previously unreleased)
As well as countless other freestyle gems.
The Circle Entertainment Group Presents:
"BUBBA COMES TO HARLEM" another
freestyle banger from the ghetto
intellectualz Stevelove and King Tut
Featuring- Bananaman, Bingo jones, Mr.
Simmons, Vanvader, and special guests
that will remain nameless.

"BCTH is perhaps Steve and King Tut's
magnum opus in my fruity opinion"-Bananaman
"Splendiferously cuntilicious"-Tankgreen
"The best Album since C is for cookie by
Cookie Monster"- Chris Rock

Coming soon: March 2001
You have no friggin idea.

http://www.savehiphop.com
http://www.tankgreen.com



quotes of the month
" a letter to myfriends, i'm sorry for leaving yall / but I must say peace because Jesus calls"- timothy brindle

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

    
Harmonia
Charter member
14560 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 04:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
30. "you guys crack me up"
In response to Reply # 29


  

          

Did Eminem and Evidence squash their beef?
Not really...more so like put it aside

IS Eminem gonna diss Fred Durst now?
you damn right

Is Evidence white, spanish, mixed???
He is Russian, Puerto Rican, and Italian




"Get wicked like them kids say in Boston!" -Evidence

***************************************

www.twitter.com/MsKianga
http://nativebeadwork.blogspot.com/
'I can't stand Tim McCarver. He has a penchant for making blindingly obvious statements in a self-congratulatory tone' Kyle Lohse

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Harmonia
Charter member
14560 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 04:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "you guys crack me up"
In response to Reply # 0


  

          

Did Evidence and Eminem squash their beef?
Naw, more so like put it aside

IS Eminem gonna diss Fred Durst now?
you damn right

What is Evidence..white, spanish, mixed???
He is Russian, Spanish, and Italian



"Get wicked like them kids say in Boston!" -Evidence

***************************************

www.twitter.com/MsKianga
http://nativebeadwork.blogspot.com/
'I can't stand Tim McCarver. He has a penchant for making blindingly obvious statements in a self-congratulatory tone' Kyle Lohse

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Mr_Sarcastic_tha_Antagonist

Tue Mar-20-01 05:33 AM

  
34. "RE: Dilated vs. D12 beef SQUASHED....."
In response to Reply # 0


          

I'm wondering why everyone is assuming that it was em's camp dropping the beef. I mean lets get serious when seen what Em has done in the past to emcees personally I think there's some people that really get him heated and some kats that don't.(cage & evidence). Katz think that em's afraid to take on real emcees but um, Wasn't that his claim to fame in the first place. Scribble Jam runner-up back a few years ago, battlin' ain't something new for him its a way of life. Evidence and Cage are alright at best. Both are mad inconsistent wit their rhymes. Sometimes they can be hot to death and other times they can be straight up weak. "Search 4 bobby fisher," is aiight. Ev has a few good disses in there but if em had come back he'd feel it. Ems probably looking at it in a way of saying "why let these cats get famous off of me"

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

UrbanCowgRRL
Charter member
8764 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 06:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
38. "em/everlast/detroit"
In response to Reply # 0


  

          

after everlast got blasted by em's boys in detroit..em's performing at the same lil' venue and buying them a new soundboard...ain't that nice of him?

can't they just take all this shit to battle rhymes..that's how it should be done .....


Much love,
Kyle

****************************************
sellin' sigs since 1999
****************************************

much love,
Kyle

Detroit..Let's GO!!! May 12th Dilla Walk for Lupus...Belle Isle...

http://walk.lupusresearch.org/goto/blackeyedskeez

Even a Dollar can HELP..


http://www.myspace.com/jedikyle
http://www.detroitderbygirls.com/

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

    
ace_drew_dos

Tue Mar-20-01 02:57 PM

  
40. "No.....Eminem vs Kurupt"
In response to Reply # 38


          

no no.....word on the street is that Kurupt is dissing Slim on his new album 2001 Space Boogie.....Eminem played a joke on Kurupt and pissed in Kurupt 40oz in the studio while recording a song on Xzibit lp. After Slim pissed in Kurupt 40oz while Kurupt was in the booth, when Kurupt came out he took a big swallow of piss.....you should have seen Kurupt reation!!! It sent Kurupt in a cursing rage so Xzibit pushed Kurupt back in the booth and then Kurupt cursed in a rap format for 72 minutes!!! After his album was completed Kurupt smoke a 1/2 pound of chronic, high jacked a plane to New York, found Foxy Brown fuck her in the ass and then licked her pussy. I don't think Eminem can handle Kurupt numerous curse words!!

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
nonseq
Charter member
4028 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 03:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
41. "LOL!!!!! n/m"
In response to Reply # 40


          

AIM: nichet00

"Even when I say nothing, it's a brilliant use of negative space" El-P


Raeshika: i bought slum used today
Raeshika: returned it 3 hrs later.
nichet00: ha ha
nichet00: that should go in my sig
nichet00: putting it in now



www.myspace.com/inthecompanyoftinmen

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

        
roamr1
Charter member
18832 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 03:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
42. "that was funny...."
In response to Reply # 40


  

          

but now that i think of it, that would be one bad ass battle.



**************************************

"The gull that flies the highest sees the furthest."-Richard Bach

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wongs make good Chinese food."-Mr. Matthews, my 7th grade teacher

  

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #18835 Previous topic | Next topic
Powered by DCForum+ Version 1.25
Copyright © DCScripts.com