Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #17972

Subject: "Boonheadz" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Annie Oakley

Sun Feb-25-01 01:14 PM

"Boonheadz"

*sigh* I am a recent castaway to okayplayer's boards. It's taken me this long to give up hope that boondocks.net will ever come back. (luv that last update in Aug... I realize Rhome "the webmaster" Anderson quit tho'.) So why did I post? I'm just looking for "shout outs" from my fellow former Boonheadz. For the record I've spotted CAB and Expertise. Who else? Do you have a different SN for okayplayer & boondocks.net? Should we start a "former Boondocks" support group? jk

-AO

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Boonheadz
SkittlesHoney
Feb 26th 2001
Annie Oakley
Mar 09th 2001
      this is wack
Mar 12th 2001
           RE: this is wack
Mar 12th 2001
           So you weren't fucking Angie Stone???
Mar 12th 2001
                RE: So you weren't fucking Angie Stone???
Mar 12th 2001
                good to see your name again...
Mar 12th 2001
                you nasty
Mar 12th 2001
                     RE: you nasty
Mar 12th 2001
                          seriously?
Mar 12th 2001
                               Sarcastic bastard..
Mar 12th 2001
                                    what?!?!?!
Mar 15th 2001
                                         OKP Reunion in Philly last year n/m
Mar 15th 2001
                I know what the split was about...
Mar 12th 2001
           More gossip about Rhome!!!!
Annie Oakley
Mar 12th 2001
SkittlesHoney
Feb 26th 2001
whether he quit or was fired
Feb 26th 2001
      RE: whether he quit or was fired
SkittlesHoney
Feb 26th 2001
           English as a second language?
Feb 27th 2001
                RE: English as a second language?
SkittlesHoney
Feb 28th 2001
                     herb. n/m
Feb 28th 2001
i posted there some...read mostly
Feb 26th 2001
RE: i posted there some...read mostly
SkittlesHoney
Feb 26th 2001
      i miss the boondocks too
Feb 26th 2001
           did i ever tell you
Feb 26th 2001
                you did
Feb 26th 2001
                     the student/revolutionary one...
Feb 27th 2001
ANNIE!!!
Feb 26th 2001
lendar
Feb 27th 2001
yay! another book!
Feb 27th 2001
AUSET!!!!!
Annie Oakley
Mar 09th 2001
RE: AUSET!!!!!
Annie Oakley
Mar 09th 2001
Auset's getting married!!!!
Mar 13th 2001
h20 quasi-lurker
Mar 13th 2001
marlagurl
Feb 26th 2001
Fo D' Wreckad
Feb 26th 2001
Hmmm ...
FreeHuey
Mar 09th 2001
      RE: Hmmm ...
SkittlesHoney
Mar 09th 2001
      are you SugarButt from the other board?
Mar 13th 2001
      RE: Hmmm ...
Mar 11th 2001
      Searching for peace ... understand my pain ...
FreeHuey
Mar 11th 2001
      *speechless*
Mar 12th 2001
      Crucial.
Mar 12th 2001
      RE: Searching for peace ... understand my pain ...
Annie Oakley
Mar 12th 2001
      huzzah!
Mar 13th 2001
      It has got to be said..
Mar 20th 2001
      OUCHERS!!!
Mar 12th 2001
           RE: OUCHERS!!!
SkittlesHoney
Mar 12th 2001
      Ok, see
Mar 13th 2001
           RE: Ok, see
FreeHuey
Mar 15th 2001
                anger...
Mar 15th 2001
                RE: anger...
Mar 15th 2001
                RE: Ok, see
Mar 16th 2001
yeah but...
Feb 27th 2001
      aint that
KoalaLove
Mar 12th 2001
           Ruth. :-)
Mar 12th 2001
'sup y'all
Feb 27th 2001
hey
Feb 27th 2001
Well, damn.
Feb 27th 2001
Addendum.
Feb 27th 2001
up!
Mar 02nd 2001
AcePumpkin
Mar 08th 2001
Mar 09th 2001
Mar 09th 2001
Mar 13th 2001
all i want to say is this
Mar 09th 2001
Mar 10th 2001
Mar 11th 2001
ARCHIVE THIS
Mar 12th 2001
cosign.
Mar 18th 2001
tzarkastik
Mar 16th 2001
Cain & Abel
Mar 16th 2001
I'm gonna be a lot more terse than you
Mar 16th 2001
Messed up isn't it ...
FreeHuey
Mar 16th 2001
Well said...
Mar 18th 2001
RE: Messed up isn't it ...-Yep, but we'll pray for y'all.
Mar 19th 2001
RE: Messed up isn't it ...
Mar 19th 2001
The Last Eritrean
Mar 20th 2001
I probably shouldn't be putting my .02 in...but....
Mar 21st 2001
MY PEEPS!
Mar 21st 2001
      Muhammad!!! My TWIN!
Mar 22nd 2001
           RE: Muhammad!!! My TWIN!
Mar 22nd 2001
Mar 29th 2001
the funny thing is..........
Mar 18th 2001
well said.
Mar 18th 2001
      tru, and oh yeah
Mar 18th 2001
           Who cares about the personal beef...
Soroban
Mar 19th 2001
A lot of...
Mar 19th 2001
I want to start
Mar 24th 2001
up, daggummit.
Mar 26th 2001
whatever happened to TEN?
Mar 28th 2001

SkittlesHoney

Mon Feb-26-01 10:00 AM

1. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 0

How do you even know he quit? Who told you that? Or Is that just another rumor?

Annie Oakley

Fri Mar-09-01 03:17 PM

31. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Skittles, sorry I haven't been on the boards in a while. Yes, Rhome did quit, presumably to work full time with his rap group (my assumption ONLY). I was going to copy and paste Aaron's post from his not-updated-since-August
"news" link on www.boondocks.net, but the sites been down. When it's back up check the archives of "News"
-AO

stylus
Charter member
636 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 09:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
43. "this is wack"
In response to Reply # 31

>while. Yes, Rhome did
>quit, presumably to work full
>time with his rap group
>(my assumption ONLY).

An incorrect assumption on both counts.

I've been back at washingtonpost.com since last summer. My rap group doesn't pay the bills. How many people are that lucky that they can do music and don't have to work?

In my last post on the old site I said nothing about what happened, only saying goodbye. And to clarify for someone further down on this thread, I am not responsible for the disappearance of the site. I have had no affiliation with the Boondocks this past year.

Other than a scant handful of people who have known us both very personally and for a long time, no one has heard both sides of the story (because there's always 2). This was done because they were the only folks who could be objective about it. Anyone else would have lopsided biases to either of us. Therefore no one else is in any position to make a call either way on the situation, including nickelz. That post was not informed by any inside information he may have gotten from me, because I told him none. It has also served to inflame things, which sucks, and fuel misinformation. I did not ask anyone to come to my defense because there is no battle, only incidents long left in the past that are no one's business. I have refrained from telling even my closest friends, some of whom were miffed at my reticence, others respectfully and gratefully left the issue alone. Some take it upon themselves to try to play Ralph Bunche and "repair" things, this is also misguided, and not their place. I am not a superstar but I'm getting along fine and happy with where I am and what I do, of course always striving to do better.

For over a year I've been bombarded with unwelcome intrusions into my life. Strangers and acquaintances stop me in the street, on the subway, when I'm dj'ing, email me, they even call me at my job. Instigators want to throw Aaron's successes into my face to bait me into coming out of my mouth with some player hating shit. People offer their pity, which I don't need. Like my life must be pitiful if I'm not associated with the Boondocks anymore. They ask me about what happened with the Boondocks, they make assumptions. Other than understandable dismay at having to start all over again following a failed cross country move, I have remained tightlipped about the situation. And people pry very hard. I tell people "things just didn't work out" and leave it at that. I never disparage the Boondocks, because despite whatever went down between Aaron and I, the strip is a quality and important piece of work. And the powerful realization of a dream that was birthed many years ago.

Y'all need to stop.

-djstylus2thabeat
http://www.phatalspin.com/poemcees
(Poemcees.com and Worldsflyest.com soon come)

"Musta been bitten by a rabbit/Actin silly like that, your pop culture need a diaper change" - PosWonderWhy, De La Soul, "Declaration"

"You're only as strong as your weakest link so you better think before you put your man on" - 3LG, "Chain of Events"

"Burn... like the logo of the Arsonists/ From the pew to the parsonage/and the liquor store next door shit/ It's all good lover! / Cuz if I unsettle the metal, leave 'em tappin like Savion Glover" - Kokayi, Opus Akoben, "Gangsta Boogie"

"So please give me the strength to trample these snakes, Allah. If I scuff my Timb's at least it was a worthy cause." - SubZ, Opus Akoben, "Art of War"

.:|djstylus|:.
www.vibeconductor.com

stylus
Charter member
636 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 09:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
44. "RE: this is wack"
In response to Reply # 43

Many of you Boondocks fans contacted me following the split, most of you just wanted to share your appreciation for the work I did. That made me feel good, because folks know that site meant a lot to me. Some of you were itching to get some "dirt". But NO ONE got any from me.

That is an indisputable fact.

-djstylus2thabeat
(Poemcees.com and Worldsflyest.com soon come)

"Musta been bitten by a rabbit/Actin silly like that, your pop culture need a diaper change" - PosWonderWhy, De La Soul, "Declaration"

"You're only as strong as your weakest link so you better think before you put your man on" - 3LG, "Chain of Events"

"Burn... like the logo of the Arsonists/ From the pew to the parsonage/and the liquor store next door shit/ It's all good lover! / Cuz if I unsettle the metal, leave 'em tappin like Savion Glover" - Kokayi, Opus Akoben, "Gangsta Boogie"

"So please give me the strength to trample these snakes, Allah. If I scuff my Timb's at least it was a worthy cause." - SubZ, Opus Akoben, "Art of War"

www.vibeconductor.com

QuestOn4
Member since Aug 08th 2003
39 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 10:55 AM

46. "So you weren't fucking Angie Stone???"
In response to Reply # 44

been led astray...

stylus
Charter member
636 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 11:01 AM

48. "RE: So you weren't fucking Angie Stone???"
In response to Reply # 46

And start board beef with D'Angelo?

I'm too busy trying to put my babies in Kelly Price but our schedules can't seem to coincide.

-djstylus2thabeat

www.vibeconductor.com

QuestOn4
39 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 11:04 AM

50. "good to see your name again..."
In response to Reply # 48

Seriously dog...one of the things that got me through my sophomore year was that site. Thanks for giving me a place to escape, fam...

----Initiating shutdown sequence----
---Deactivating Soul Brother Prototype: "Quest"---

"There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling!" Comic Book Guy

Writers. Smartasses. Funky Children.

The Collective is:

Vex Bliss La Note Nuru Quest

http://www.womb.cjb.net

AIM: QuestOn4

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 11:11 AM

51. "you nasty"
In response to Reply # 48

hi Rhome coming to the reunion again? you know you had fun last year...don't front...

Damali, The Analog Girl in a Digital World

stylus
Charter member
636 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 12:41 PM

52. "RE: you nasty"
In response to Reply # 51

Too many drunk people.
And I was left out of all the secret smutting, and I was forced to drive everyone around in a car that wasn't mine.
I felt left out, worst weekend of my life.

-djstylus2thabeat

www.vibeconductor.com

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 12:47 PM

53. "seriously?"
In response to Reply # 52

>Too many drunk people.
>And I was left out of
>all the secret smutting,

believe it or not, i was left out of all the secret smutting too...i always came in the room after it was all done and smelled that budussy smell...

and
>I was forced to drive
>everyone around in a car
>that wasn't mine.

ok that REALLY sucks...damn i feel bad now

>I felt left out, worst weekend
>of my life.

awwwwww...i'm hoping you're kinda joking there...was it really that bad?

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 12:59 PM

54. "Sarcastic bastard.."
In response to Reply # 53

You know you had fun driving my drunk ass

Peace,
Steve
OkayArtist Board Moderator
Please Read Guidelines:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
IM:Gigfog

"I was born in the year 1972 / my mom said the planet ain't ready for you" - Black Thought

Deftron
Charter member
208 posts
Thu Mar-15-01 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
64. "what?!?!?!"
In response to Reply # 54

What reunion are u cats talkin about

Shalom

Electric Love!!

QuestOn4
39 posts
Thu Mar-15-01 12:16 PM

65. "OKP Reunion in Philly last year n/m"
In response to Reply # 64

The Collective is:

QuestOn4
39 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 11:02 AM

49. "I know what the split was about..."
In response to Reply # 46

It was because bot FreeHuey and Stylus were trynna get some Angie Stone.

It's true.

We know Angie likes little men (D'Angelo) and they don't come much littler than Aaron...

Maybe I should stop.

Annie Oakley

Mon Mar-12-01 06:12 PM

55. "More gossip about Rhome!!!!"
In response to Reply # 43

An incorrect assumption on both counts.

I've been back at washingtonpost.com since last summer. My rap group doesn't pay the bills. How many people are that lucky that they can do music and don't have to work?

* unfortunately, my half-assed attempt at comedy was taken seriously. I know you weren't rappin' full time - your lyrics don't contain enough "bling bling" for you to make it.

In my last post on the old site I said nothing about what happened, only saying goodbye.

* Come baaaaaackkk!!!!!!!

Many of you Boondocks fans contacted me following the split, most of you just wanted to share your appreciation for the work I did. That made me feel good, because folks know that site meant a lot to me. Some of you were itching to get some "dirt". But NO ONE got any from me.

* See what I heard was, Rhome was dating Aaron's girl right? And then....

_________
Oh Rhome, I've missed you to death since the 2001 Calendar thread. (I demand a free calendar!...whenever it comes out:-)) But dayum, I've never seen anything this serious from you (never knew he could think, hmmm...) So you're back at WA Post? Is this related to you claimimg the East Coast will always rule? WESTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!! What? What!

-AO

SkittlesHoney

Mon Feb-26-01 10:02 AM

2. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not responding in a bad way, just addressing a mature intelligent question of 'how do you even know he quit'?

people are always spreading 'untruths' you know

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 10:12 AM

3. "whether he quit or was fired"
In response to Reply # 2

he's gone...doesn't really matter how, does it?

d

SkittlesHoney

Mon Feb-26-01 10:42 AM

5. "RE: whether he quit or was fired"
In response to Reply # 3

I agree all the way! I've been reading about this for a year on this site..People slaughtering Aaron... Even myself does NOT like my name slaughtered or dragged through the mud because of a personal problem with one person...You can't judge people like that because of one situation..It reminds me of high school-where one person talks bad about the other all day to gain people on their side, you know folks to rally behind them only to make the other person look bad. I say the only two people who know the truth are those two people....

You're right whether it was a fire or a quit, it's still DONE! and Aaron is still a successful young man who is doing what no one else has ever done. I'm supportive in that aspect!

BTW LONG LIVE! COOL SEXY NERDS!

QuestOn4
39 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 05:25 PM

21. "English as a second language?"
In response to Reply # 5

The Collective is:

SkittlesHoney

Wed Feb-28-01 02:47 AM

22. "RE: English as a second language?"
In response to Reply # 21

rite

QuestOn4
39 posts
Wed Feb-28-01 05:38 AM

23. "herb. n/m"
In response to Reply # 22

The Collective is:

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 10:13 AM

4. "i posted there some...read mostly"
In response to Reply # 0

QuestOn4 is here...he's still crying tho..i recently had to mail him a box of tissues cuz he used up all the ones in his local grocery store...he'll be ok tho

d

SkittlesHoney

Mon Feb-26-01 10:43 AM

6. "RE: i posted there some...read mostly"
In response to Reply # 4

:) QuestOn4 (don't cry boo-boo)

cindylu
Charter member
10644 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "i miss the boondocks too"
In response to Reply # 6

On the Boondocks boards I was C31flavors, but I got bored with that screen name.

El pueblo que pierde su memoria pierde su destino.

"To be a student and not be a revolutionary is a contradiction"
-- Salvador Allende, 1973

https://cindylu.wordpress.com/

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 11:21 AM

8. "did i ever tell you"
In response to Reply # 7

that i love your sig?

d

cindylu
Charter member
10644 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 12:17 PM

9. "you did"
In response to Reply # 8

I think you did. Which quote do you like more? Thanks

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 04:02 AM

13. "the student/revolutionary one..."
In response to Reply # 9

AusetTiye
Charter member
276 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 12:50 PM

10. "ANNIE!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah girl, I miss my boonfam too..Thangs just aint the same without y'all..**HUGZ**

and do you know if the calendar ever came out?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~~*~*~~

AIM pseudonym is QueenlyElements--if you have ever spoken to me you know why. If not, wanna learn?

Restlesspoet
Charter member
448 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 09:54 AM

19. "lendar"
In response to Reply # 10

>and do you know if the
>calendar ever came out?
after all the researching you did for dates, i hope its still in the works, but i havent seen any definite advertisements...
Boondocks Book No. 2 is in the works (May 15 pub date). Amazon has a preorder set up already for it. "Fresh for '01.. You suckas!" http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0740713957/ref=sim_books/104-7971883-6511151

Wish the archives coulda stayed up if nothin else though.

SPRING BREAK IN CHICAGO!!! woo hoo... Harolds/Kenny's here i come!

Shout out to them
B.A.M. (Bad Azz Muthafuckaz)
Restlesspoet (resident alcoholic & mr. i dont give a fuck)
Brainchild (the brains of the operation)
Da Knife (the sharpest muthafucka)
Sonlight (booty pincher & gonzo of the group)

Y'all know its "Murda on that azz"

Thats shits funnier than Brain singing
Bilal's part on funky for you.

"Come on now, RAAAVVVEEE!" Sonlight

Dear VIEWASKVWJ,
If Common ever comes up to you and calls
you a "Cracker" and then "Slaps you in
the face" WHUPP HIS ASS! Dont buy his
CD, WHUPP HIS ASS! At that point, you
should not be thinking about shopping
for cds, you should be thinking about
"WHUPPIN' HIS ASS", not Track number 9,
Not track number 3, not track number 15,
ALL YOU SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT IS
WHUPPIN' COMMONS ASS!
ps
If anyone else comes up to you and calls
you a "Cracker" and "Slaps you in the
face" WHUPP THERE ASS TOO!

just a little advice bra -HIM

You may be a little too sensitive for
hip-hop, but there is hope for you yet,
the new Dream album came out recently-go
cop that -dayzblack

cindylu
Charter member
10644 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 11:35 AM

20. "yay! another book!"
In response to Reply # 19

Does anyone know if the new book will have the Sunday strips in color? I hope so, but if not it doesn't matter because I think I'm a boon-addict.

Hello, I'm Cindy and I'm addicted to the Boondocks...

Annie Oakley

Fri Mar-09-01 03:20 PM

32. "AUSET!!!!!"

*************HUG*********************
Oh I missed you! You know i looked for "my" damn all Nov, Dec and Jan. I'll wait til '02. So how's that sweet Khamil?

-AO

Annie Oakley

Fri Mar-09-01 03:20 PM

33. "RE: AUSET!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 32

my damn calendar. oops.
-AO

QuestOn4
39 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 08:46 AM

60. "Auset's getting married!!!!"
In response to Reply # 32

She don't talk to us no more, though.

The Collective is:

h20molecule
Charter member
827 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 06:19 PM

62. "h20 quasi-lurker"

i use to lurk over at the boondocks and post from time to time...just because i like to give aaron grief about not liking eminem...

auset, i think we had a convo or two though...how are tings.

h20

h20
-------------------------------------------------
if hip hop ever dies...it will be the day that all of us who fell in love with a new sound that was like nothing we ever heard before stop wanting to be challenged. the day those of us who nurtured

Marla
Charter member
18577 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 12:53 PM

11. "marlagurl"
In response to Reply # 0

i think that was me. i miss the boonie days of old...
::sigh:: oh well, at least it's still in the newspaper.

~Marla

mechanes d’ esto kratos ~Aeschylus

Get out of my fucking teepee.

Perhaps the supreme irony of black American existence is how broadly black people debate the question of cultural identity among themselves while getting branded as a cultural monolith by those who would deny us the complexity and complexion of a community, let alone a nation. ~Greg Tate

email: marlagurl@hotmail.com
AIM: marlagurl75
http://marlagurl.diaryland.com

BUCKA BUCKA BUCKA..."FREEZE"...BUCKA BUCKA..."DROP YOUR WEAPON"...BLADOW ~Slogan for the Secret Service as told by Jay.

Marla
Charter member
18577 posts
Mon Feb-26-01 01:07 PM

12. "Fo D' Wreckad"
In response to Reply # 11

(for the record)
Rhome ain't (didn't) quit.

that is all

~Marla

Get out of my fucking teepee.

Perhaps the supreme irony of black American existence is how broadly black people debate the question of cultural identity among themselves while getting branded as a cultural monolith by those who would deny us the complexity and complexion of a community, let alone a nation. ~Greg Tate

BUCKA BUCKA BUCKA..."FREEZE"...BUCKA BUCKA..."DROP YOUR WEAPON"...BLADOW ~Slogan for the Secret Service as told by Jay.

FreeHuey

Fri Mar-09-01 05:53 AM

26. "Hmmm ..."
In response to Reply # 12

>(for the record)
>Rhome ain't (didn't) quit.
>
>that is all

Interesting that you know what went down. Do this day I'M still trying to figure out what the hell happened, and I was there.

And to everyone else (those kind enough to not spread bullshit rumors) - 'Love y'all. Sorry the site had to go. Maybe it will return when I find someone willing to run it - but the internet ain't what it used to be.

Adub

---------------------
Check out Black America's favorite comic strip The Boondocks, at www.Boondocks.net, or the local paper you don't read.

'Cause dammit I ain't drawin' this isht for nuthin'!!!

"Right now I feel I can take on the whole Empire myself ..."

- Luke's gunner Dak (minutes before becoming a friendly fire casualty in the Battle of Hoth)

SkittlesHoney

Fri Mar-09-01 06:44 AM

27. "RE: Hmmm ..."
In response to Reply # 26

>(for the record)
>
>that is all
Interesting that you know what went down.

I KNOW!!! It's interesting how Aaron has never talked about this situation but yet so many people know so much 'false' info. When the only way 99% of the fans know The Boondocks crew is through the site however do not 'personally' know anyone or has even interacted with them outside of the site (not saying that in a bad way). Once again only two people know what went down and that is Rhome and Aaron. Out of maturity I did NOT take sides, b/c I didn't know what actually went down. Obviously there was only one side being told. No one, I say no one knows the relationship between Aaron and Rhome, except for Aaron and Rhome. Personal relationships should remain personal.

To this day I'M still trying to figure out what the hell happened, and I was there...

Exactly only Aaron and Rhome were there. No one should gain up on Aaron, if no one else was there. But then again there's always those kind of folks who don't stand on their own two and need other folks to back them up, rally behind them when they're in trouble. So they dog out the other person to make them look bad...*Aaron is a genuine good man*

And to everyone else (those kind enough to not spread bullshit rumors) - 'Love y'all.

Hug! Love you too.. You're a good guy Aaron...Working a tough job, who doesn't need added stress and drama... I'm proud of your success...

I'll holle

Sorry the site had to go. Maybe it will return when I find someone willing to run it - but the internet ain't what it used to be.

I know you love the fans, hopefully the site will return with a fresh new look..

Keep up the success Aaron

QuestOn4
39 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 05:05 AM

57. "are you SugarButt from the other board?"
In response to Reply # 27

You're a stalker, aren't you?

Groupie?

Undoubtedly mentally unstable, yes.

CARTOONIST GROUPIES. That must be like the required groupie internship or something; you fetch coffee for the higher ranking hangers-on, I bet.

Do you hang around outside of art supply shops waiting for Gary Trudeau to walk out, and throw your panties at him?

Do your panties get moist when you read Jim Davis' "Garfield"? Do you fantasize about letting your greedy cat eat his lasagna?

You nasty, nasty girl.

I'm lonely now. And i draw stick figures. Does that turn you on? Does it?

Hit me up in the inbox, baby. I'll give you someone to stalk, slore...

The Collective is:

nickelz45
Member since May 16th 2003
1029 posts
Sun Mar-11-01 02:26 PM

35. "RE: Hmmm ..."

>>(for the record)
>>Rhome ain't (didn't) quit.
>>
>>that is all
>
>Interesting that you know what went
>down. Do this day I'M
>still trying to figure out
>what the hell happened, and
>I was there.
>

you know what happened Napoleon c'mon with that mess. He was supposed to be your friend... It's just a shame.

>And to everyone else (those kind
>enough to not spread bullshit
>rumors)

What bullshit rumors?
>Adub

Egos are a tough thing aren't they? Now we all have to think about what could've been huh?

I hope you find peace Aaron.

Swass/Knownots Crew

****MY FAVORITE VERSE EVER****
Check it out, secondly
it's me the BROther ?uest from the S-Q-T (Square Roots)
And he's Black Thought, the boy you know is (FUNKY)
The rhythms I recycle sometimes prehistoric
The mic for the popcorn's like it's metaphoric (metaphoric baby)
So many different factors in the ?uestion's style
Arrythmic by the end, I'm givin more than one child
Abstract soloist comin from the heart
All the way from Philly, from the West part
Relax your mind and let your body be at rest
Flow in slow mo', and let the BROther manifest
Now the second verse has been pourn
On to Kid Crumb I pass the popcorn

THANKS HAIR BEAR.

R.I.P.
Thomas Timothy Lilac 11/03/22 - 01/30/00

<----- 100% Hater Proof.

"B-Boy for life fuck a suit and a tie" Thes One

"I'm on my own dick like sleeping on my stomach" AG

"The tantalizing wordplay yeah that's the joint
Sometimes I have to cuss just to prove my damn point" Q-Tip

FreeHuey

Sun Mar-11-01 10:02 PM

36. "Searching for peace ... understand my pain ..."
In response to Reply # 35

>>
>
>you know what happened Napoleon c'mon
>with that mess. He was
>supposed to be your friend...
>It's just a shame.

>
>Egos are a tough thing aren't
>they? Now we all
>have to think about what
>could've been huh?
>
>I hope you find peace Aaron.

It's really great that so many of y'all got Rhome's back. I'm sure your kind words and sympathy really mean a lot to him, and as the primary source of all of Rhome's misery, it makes me feel better that you are there with his best interests at heart.

And as for you, Nickelz, you stand by that man ... give him someone to cling to ... especially when the nights are cold and lonely.

And make sure you let him know that sometimes people just can't handle success ... the shit just goes to their heads and they start trippin'. Tell poor, sweet Rhome ... that under NO circumstances is he responsible for his own destiny - that the world is a mean, harsh place that is out to get him. With those big, strong, manly arms, Nickelz ... hold him tight and protect him from the evildoers and the naysayers. Especially the evil of Adub - Meglomaniacal Cartoonist.

As for me, I am going to seek peace. I'm tired of pursuing dreams and acheiving goals. I'm going to go back home, scratch my ass, and wonder why girls don't really like me very much without my Porche.

But what you have proven, Nickelz, through this post, and I'm sure through many, many phone and AOL IM coversation with Mr. Rhome ... is that you are indeed a TRUE friend and companion to him. All of you who have raised your voices on this board in defense of Rhome - he is SO LUCKY to have you all in his life. Had I not become such an intolerable BASTARD after I blew-the-fuck-up with this comic, I too might have real friends. Alas, egos are indeed a tough thing. Mine got the better of me, and I will have the pay the price every single day of my wretched, miserable existance.

See Nickelz, in the cold, lonely world in which I live - way up on my mansion which is just down the street from that of Monty Burns and Smithers - there are no true friends, just fast sportscars and faster supermodels. I am ... empty.

But sometimes Nickelz ... I dream of your arms holding me, like you hold Rhome ... close ... and I feel safe.

... and I find peace.

Adub.

---------------------
Check out Black America's favorite comic strip The Boondocks, at www.Boondocks.net, or the local paper you don't read.

- Luke's gunner Dak (minutes before becoming a friendly fire casualty in the Battle of Hoth)

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 06:20 AM

40. "*speechless*"
In response to Reply # 36

QuestOn4
39 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 09:50 AM

45. "Crucial."

The Collective is:

Annie Oakley

Mon Mar-12-01 06:17 PM

56. "RE: Searching for peace ... understand my pain ..."

What? Aaron has a Porsche?!! Hey Dub, did I tell you how cute you looked in that picture with Samuel L. Jackson?

-AO

UrbanCowgRRL
Charter member
8764 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 06:22 AM

58. "huzzah!"

Much love,
Kyle

You still want your harbor punk??...i'll show you your harbor...
between my legs baby...now dock that shit.

much love,
Kyle

Detroit..Let's GO!!! May 12th Dilla Walk for Lupus...Belle Isle...

http://walk.lupusresearch.org/goto/blackeyedskeez

Even a Dollar can HELP..

http://www.myspace.com/jedikyle
http://www.detroitderbygirls.com/

BabyGirl
Charter member
3831 posts
Tue Mar-20-01 10:15 AM

82. "It has got to be said.."

...you and Angieee must be fraternal twins, separated at birth.

Gotta be - seem to be too much alike, based on what I read alone...

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 02:55 AM

38. "OUCHERS!!!"
In response to Reply # 35

"Jazz is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -wynton marsalis

"Hip Hop is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -?uestlove

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

SkittlesHoney

Mon Mar-12-01 05:13 AM

39. "RE: OUCHERS!!!"
In response to Reply # 38

Double Ouch! But Aaron is telling the truth!

Marla
Charter member
18577 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 12:05 PM

61. "Ok, see"

I wanna know why i have to be the rabble rouser up in here dammit. Tryin ta stress me out. I said nothing against anyone in this here area. I spread no rumors, no bullshit even. No need to sacrifice me, i mean damn. Build a campfire to the gods of past words unspoken.

i'm not taking sides like a yippy ass chihuahua with questionable motives. And I ain't gonna either. either y'all want to duel it out or not...but don't make me the incendiary...ya dig.

~Marla

le psychaitrist peut être votre ami. aide de recherche.

AYBABTU

FreeHuey

Thu Mar-15-01 07:17 AM

63. "RE: Ok, see"
In response to Reply # 61

>I wanna know why i have
>to be the rabble rouser
>up in here dammit.
>Tryin ta stress me out.
> I said nothing against
>anyone in this here area.

>i'm not taking sides like a
>yippy ass chihuahua with questionable
>motives. And I ain't
>gonna either. either y'all
>want to duel it out
>or not...but don't make me
>the incendiary...ya dig.
>
>~Marla
>

Oh will you please give us all a fucking break. Did anyone else post this shit?

>"Fo D' Wreckad"
>(for the record)

>that is all

>~Marla

Now, Mr. Rhome has already stated rather clearly that he didn't tell ANYBODY ANYTHING. So either he is not being totally truthful and told you he "ain't (didn't) quit" - or you're talking out your ass on some shit you know nothing about.

Which one is it?

My guess is its both. Maybe my memory is off but didn't Rhome put up a link to his personal email offering to explain the situation when he gave his heartfelt farewell to the fans? Something like that.

But even if he did tell you, I KNOW that we've never talked. When you claim to know something "Fo D'Wreckad", check both sides or your just spreading bullshit.

I'm going to be a bit more blunt than Rhome (I always am). This shit is bitter enough without y'all fucking with us. This thread is the most communication I've had with Rhome in nearly a year. As you all can see the words are still not nice. Marla, I couldn't give two shits about your opinion on this matter, whether you like me, or even whether you continue to read the strip. But when people like you, or Nickelz, say dumb shit - I blame Rhome. If you guys care at all about me and Rhome EVER working things out - y'all sincerely need to shut the fuck up. If nobody wants to do that, then fuck it - everybody lets put everything we think we know out here on the boards and try and work it out that way. Think it'll work?

Adub. Yes, I'm an asshole. But what you all don't know is that I was an asshole before the strip. Probably one of the few things me and Rhome will agree on right about now.
---------------------

"Right now I feel can take on the whole Empire myself!"

(never more true than now ...)

h20molecule
Charter member
827 posts
Thu Mar-15-01 06:47 PM

66. "anger..."
In response to Reply # 63

is not the way of the jedi knight.

man, you need to go down to the Bodhi Tree on Melrose (between San Vicente and La Cienega) and get some tea and incense player.

i am all for self-expression, but I really hope you don't take these fans and their opinions personally like this man. I can tell you are a sensitive cat, but don't let folks script you prophet.

Point blank, a lot of people liked the site and when the administrator bounced people took it personally. The site did a lot to draw lovers of hip hop together and it was like a family in there (only everybody is under 35 agrees that De La Soul is the isht in this family) with you, Rhome and the strip itself forming some kind of holy trinity. So Rhome leaves (and by that I don't mean he quit or got fired or shapeshifted into lotus flower, i just mean he left the site behind) and people are a little bitter about losing their site. They speculate. They read into the words of Rhome and assume your silence is a guilty plea. But all of this jibber jabber ain't about you guys friendship, its about a bunch of 20 somethings and younger who have nothing better to do but post all day rather then get some work done (me included) and how they personally feel about losing the site. These folks don't really care about who was right or wrong or what went down from a compassionate standpoint. I mean, I think they feel close to you and Rhome and they want you guys to be happy and all that, but if they really cared they would just say a prayer for you guys and be done with it.

Well I know that the man who wants peace chooses it so I know you two are both where you choose to be right now wherever that is.

Peace,

h20

h20
-------------------------------------------------
if hip hop ever dies...it will be the day that all of us who fell in love with a new sound that was like nothing we ever heard before stop wanting to be challenged. the day those of us who nurtured

kinnady
Charter member
25 posts
Thu Mar-15-01 07:08 PM

67. "RE: anger..."
In response to Reply # 66

Well spoken....Couldn't have said it better.

Peace!!!

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Fri Mar-16-01 03:46 AM

68. "RE: Ok, see"
In response to Reply # 63

>- y'all sincerely need to
>shut the fuck up.

my new hero!

sincerely? bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely, shut the fuck up!

welcome to my sig!

"For an actress to be a success she must have the face of Venus, the brains of Minerva, the grace of Terpsichore, the memory of Macaulay, the figure of Juno, and the hide of a rhinoceros." -Ethel Barrymore

Do Not Fuck with Izzus! - some_of_my_best_friends_are_black

I Thought I Told U Not to Fuck with Izzus! some_of_my_best_friends_are_black

keepers of the funk:
http://www.geocities.com/firefire100

HALLELUJAH! FIRE'S POSTS'LL DO YA!!!

the baby daddy proverb:
Cover yo dick so you won't have to cover yo ass! - my sister

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 04:03 AM

14. "yeah but..."
In response to Reply # 11

>::sigh:: oh well, at least it's
>still in the newspaper.
>
...y'all don't even READ the newspaper

d

KoalaLove

Mon Mar-12-01 07:54 AM

41. "aint that"
In response to Reply # 14

the truth

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 08:01 AM

42. "Ruth. :-)"
In response to Reply # 41

fabulous
Charter member
6640 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 04:26 AM

15. "'sup y'all"
In response to Reply # 0

the boonhead formerly known as 'twenty-six' checkin in, even if i am a day late....

- e baker (#26) aka 'the fabulous one' aka 'the slow jam connoisseur'

"A life is not important except in the impact that it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

26 fab place --> http://www.geocities.com/twentysixfab
the rain (1100+ slow jams) --> http://www.geocities.com/twentysixfab/rain
(i hope the cable modem comes back soon... i'll guess i'll update the sites then)

e-mail --> twentysixfab@hotmail.com
aim, msn, yim, bp sn --> twentysixfab

- fabulous/26

teapoetess
Charter member
20852 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 07:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "hey"
In response to Reply # 15

viva la booncommunity!

http://postbourgie.com
http://stacialbrown.wordpress.com

QuestOn4
39 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 07:58 AM

17. "Well, damn."
In response to Reply # 0

When the hell was this posted?

Why am I always the last to know?

-sobbing-

For real, I miss the hell outta the boards. Okayplayer makes a dope surrogate, but it's not the same, y'know?

On my commute to work (it was 2 hours) over the summer, I'd print out a copy of some thread on Current Events, and then grab that day's Newsday to read. Education, all the way around.

I miss the hell outta y'all. Seriously. Hit me up on IM sometime.

The Collective is:

QuestOn4
39 posts
Tue Feb-27-01 08:10 AM

18. "Addendum."
In response to Reply # 17

>When the hell was this posted?
>
>
>Why am I always the last
>to know?
>
>-sobbing-
>
>For real, I miss the hell

>I miss the hell outta y'all.
>Seriously. Hit me up on
>IM sometime.

Except for CAB...fucking herb.

There is no way to describe how much he irks me.

He really is one of those people that has no friends outside of the 'Net.

It's not like I want him to die, but I really want his computer to crash (c) some OkayPlayer.

The Collective is:

QuestOn4
39 posts
Fri Mar-02-01 04:59 AM

24. "up!"
In response to Reply # 0

The Collective is:

AcePumpkin

Thu Mar-08-01 03:06 PM

25. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm migrating. Never posted on Okayplayer until today.

So now www.boondocks.net isn't even up? Or is it AOL causing trouble again with its sometimes lame connectivity?

Are there as many knock-down, drag-out deep discussions here? Wait, don't answer that, I'm going to check that out for myself. I don't want to have you all answering me with "what! you need to clean out your mouse or something if you can't click around your own self."

(still) another Aaron

"You got a problem with raising your hand." --Aaron McGruder, on me.

MsMilkyBlack
Charter member
260 posts
Fri Mar-09-01 07:38 AM

28. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 25

A new name with new thoughts and opinions for the O.K. Player's family! I hope you all choose to adopt and accept me with loving arms, seeing how I have no home. My Boondock's building has disappeared in a puff of smoke. (wiping away my tears) It seems like it was only yesterday (it was), since I was entering their abondoned website, but now it's all gone. What else am I going to do while sitting at my desk at work, eating my breakfast, in the morning?....I guess I'll have to actually work 9 to 5, like the rest of these lost souls...I feeling really emotional right now, you're support would be greatly appreciated during this difficult time.

Somberly yours,
Ms Milky Black
(holler back)

- If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything

prodigy
Member since Aug 07th 2002
13 posts
Fri Mar-09-01 11:08 AM

30. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 28

What else am I
>going to do while sitting
>at my desk at work,
>eating my breakfast, in the
>morning?....I guess I'll have to
>actually work 9 to 5,
>like the rest of these
>lost souls...I feeling really emotional
>right now, you're support would
>be greatly appreciated during this
>difficult time.
>

I'm sure you'll find some way to entertain yourself. E-mail a few friends!!!

peace

MsMilkyBlack
Charter member
260 posts
Tue Mar-13-01 08:40 AM

59. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 30

>
>
>I'm sure you'll find some way
>to entertain yourself. E-mail a
>few friends!!!

I would do that after I hit the Boon website....(sigh)
I know change is good, but not when it's like this.

- If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything

UrbanCowgRRL
Charter member
8764 posts
Fri Mar-09-01 08:08 AM

29. "all i want to say is this"
In response to Reply # 0

BOONDOCKS is regularly in the University of Michigan's student newspaper now...and I couldn't be MORE EXCITED!!!!!

Much love,
Kyle

You still want your harbor punk??...i'll show you your harbor...
between my legs baby...now dock that shit.

much love,
Kyle

Detroit..Let's GO!!! May 12th Dilla Walk for Lupus...Belle Isle...

http://walk.lupusresearch.org/goto/blackeyedskeez

Even a Dollar can HELP..

http://www.myspace.com/jedikyle
http://www.detroitderbygirls.com/

Introvert
Charter member
151 posts
Sat Mar-10-01 10:29 AM

34. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, I miss the Boondocks boards too. I read more than I wrote, but I still miss the boards . Maybe it'll be back up and running one day.

"Humor is indispensible; it is our most effective tool for insight and understanding as well as our most effective weapon against baseness and stupidity"--Regina Barreca

DaFlashman
Charter member
4243 posts
Sun Mar-11-01 10:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
37. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 0

Funny, I just posted about boondocks.net being down in
another thread, and how it's frustrating me to def - but
I saw that Aaron himself still has the site linked in
his post signature, so I guess I shouldn't de-list it yet.
Whatever the "drama" shit is though, fuck that. Aaron
is the only one who told me not to take a bad deal just
for the money, and if I'd listened to him and been a
trooper I wouldn't have been screwed for over six months
before I got back on my feet. The man is wise, his
comic is fat, and I give him ALL props. No love to Rhome
if he has anything to do with the site being down.

-- Be sure to check out the all new
"Rhymerator" at RockstarGames.com
and tell 'em DAFLASHMAN sent you!

---
PLEASE DIRECT E-MAIL TO dj.flash@pobox.com
Webmaster: www.OHHLA.com and www.RapReviews.com
COMING SOON: www.NintendoArchive.com

Hot_Damali
Charter member
8959 posts
Mon Mar-12-01 10:59 AM

47. "ARCHIVE THIS"
In response to Reply # 0

so that future know-it-alls and speculators will shut their traps

QuestOn4
39 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 12:06 PM

73. "cosign."
In response to Reply # 47

The Collective is:

tzarkastik

Fri Mar-16-01 05:27 AM

69. "RE: Boonheadz"
In response to Reply # 0

damn...its amazing how people turn a bad situation worse.....i "heard" someone say don't take things on here personally...hard to do when some artists know people who post on this board....the bottom line is you never know. i got one question.....for all of the okaywisdom i see "spoken" on these posts.....how come its so hard to keep from gossiping about people's lives....yeah i know thats alot to ask of people....but er uh..consider that shit. the only thing that should really be going on is something a little like this:

rhome, aaron....this is fei long.......i hope y'all work that shit out....things take time....but time takes all things...including the bitterness of disagreement.

if you not part of the solution....you part of the problem

balance

ya Setshego
Charter member
4259 posts
Fri Mar-16-01 11:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
70. "Cain & Abel"
In response to Reply # 0

In this day and age, with the advent of the internet, and other technological advances, the distance between artists and their fans is very small. So it is not incomprehensible that admirers would consider those they admire like family, or personal friends. So for the Booncommunity to witness an obvious schism between Aaron and Rhome, both heroes to those who love the Boondocks, it goes without saying that the loss of the website and your apparent close friendship hurts. Like discord in a previously happy family(see the book We WERE the Mulvaneys....). Boonfans are like children whose parents divorced a year ago; sure, what happens in the marriage between two people really is only the business of those two people, BUT, others affected by the divorce naturally wonder what the hell happened to break up their happy home. I am a relatively new Boonfan(I came on in 2000), and I have posted on the site, and posted ABOUT the site here, looking for answers. I don't need gossip. I just wanted to know what happened, because a lot of important and compelling information was being disseminated via the site, even beyond the strip itself. It is dismaying to see Brothahs feuding. Even the thing posted at okayplayer about Kweli and some underground DJ I never even HEARD of was another, "WTF! Why can't Brothahs just work shit out and GET ALONG!!!!" moment for me, but I, as Tavis would say, digress.... I'm from MD too, and Blackfolk need all the comraderie we can muster up in THAT neck of the woods. When you both are sixty years old, who is gonna give a fuck about Aaron's success, both of your egos, or WHATEVER the hell was the problem? All that will be remembered is the loss of what seemed to be a pretty good friendship from WAAAAY back. Shouldn't that count for SOMETHING? And as someone produced out of the Afro-American studies program at MD, can it be THAT hard for you, Aaron, to fathom, that as members of your community, we would care about your friendship with Rhome? Forgive us if it came off as nosiness. I'm not sure that people purposely gave out incorrect information. I think Brothahs from the Hood or what-have-you might be expected to generate discord amongst themselves, or at least that is what psychologists who study "urban behavior" tell us. But you, and I guess Rhome too, are like, the creme-de-la-creme of what our community has to offer. So it hurts to see that y'all educated brethren can't get along too. Particularly around something as ground-breaking and revolutionary as the Boondocks. I mean, it's a shame. I don't think that any of us who really love the Boondocks and admire the work you and Rhome put into the strip and website respectively REALLY want to see you all have a "pissing contest" with each other, nor with anyone else on this site. We just recognize the synergy which created a home for conscious folk in hip hop on the Net, AND in the newspaper, between two terps. that could NOT be denied. HOW and WHETHER you and Rhome ever work out your differences SHOULD be between the two of you, but I for one would be happy to know that it happened at least, even if you two never work together again a day in your lives. Friendship is the most sacred human relationship one could ever have outside of that one has with one's parents and grandparents. It should be honored. Hopefully, time will allow both of you to acknowledge that, and you will be able to unite as Brothahs again.

peace.

"Don't Hate the PLAYA Boy...hate the GAME," Granddad Freeman of the Boondocks(7-11-99)

*Twenty-three percent of women are "autoerotic singles" — they prefer to achieve sexual satisfaction alone(source-bet.com)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oooo baby I like it raw. Oooo baby I like it RAAAW!(c)ODB- Shimmy Shimmy Ya

QuestOn4
39 posts
Fri Mar-16-01 12:21 PM

71. "I'm gonna be a lot more terse than you"
In response to Reply # 70

no one has to like anyone else.

I don't care if Aaron and Rhome are both black men...their skin colors being similar doesn't mean they should work out a damn thing.

There are times where relationships are irreparably destroyed, and other times where a lot of time is needed to repair them.

Either way, it's not your place, or anybody's, to say the two of them should work shit out.

That's between THEM.

The Collective is:

FreeHuey

Fri Mar-16-01 01:07 PM

72. "Messed up isn't it ..."
In response to Reply # 0

... when even the "good" brothas end up acting like niggaz.

Me and Rhome used to do jokes about unnecessary beef on our old radio show. Used to shake our heads and wonder why so many niggas couldn't get their shit together. Used to wonder why in the hell Pete Rock and CL Smooth would break up.

We knew the dangers of friends working together. We talked about them in advance. And in the end, we fell victim to it anyway. And he's not the only friend I've run into problems with.

I still won't talk about what went down between me and Rhome, but I would like to say something about fame. Fame is 100% perception. It's all illusion. It's a good publicist. Most of the time when people see how I live they're surprised. I'm still surprised when I find out how some rappers live. It's so easy to presume that the person on that television is living the life the rest of us are somehow missing. And even when you see the truth, it doesn't always sink in.

People from back home who NEVER knew me like to talk now about how I've changed. And even the people who did know me have to remind themselves that I've always been fairly egotistical ... somewhat arrogant. I have to be. To be an artist who throws your crappy, rushed work out on deadline seven times a week in front of 30 million people and then has to go on TV or in front of a thousand collage kids and be an expert on everything from inter-racial relationships to black Marxism ... you gotta go out thinking you're the shit or you fold.

I never did understand what happened with me and Rhome. I mean, I have my suspicions, but we weren't communicating well when it went down, so ... I still don't know for sure. At first I did what niggas do, and what I still do when I forget the teachings of Yoda - I gave in to anger. I'm combative. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone considering I created the angriest character in the history of comics (except for maybe Moe from Calvin and Hobbes). When I calmed down, I tried to settle things peaceful - lay pride by the wayside. It didn't work. Rhome has an open invitation to talk to me when he wants to. That's all I can do.

But a month or two before I fell out with Rhome I fell out with another close friend - one I had known for over 10 years. One who was also working for/with me. We patched things up, and at the end of the day, it wasn't about egos - it was about the PERCEPTION of egos. When a man holds his head up while he's broke - he's a trooper. When he holds it up when he's paid - he's an asshole. But this was someone I had known from high school. Someone who had to pay my way into clubs and buy me dinner when I was living with my Mom. Someone who had contributed to the success of my project. But when fortunes changed virtually overnight - it messed with his head in ways I couldn't understand because my only concern was, and unfortunately still is, deadlines. I remember one day he called and asked me if I needed any help. I asked him to go to the store for me and get some food. He got mad ... thought I was trying to play him like a butler or a servant. The truth was, I hadn't eaten in nearly two days and couldn't leave the computer to get food! Jokes we used throw back and forth when we were all broke took on a whole new meaning when we were no longer financially equal. Shit got heated quick. And when I tried to play Captain and give everyone money and/or jobs to rescue them from the drudgery of the office - it only made things worse. I went broke and they felt resentful and unequal.

Because I know how little fun I have, because I know how hard life under a perpetual deadline is, it's difficult for me to imagine that anyone would think I'm living it up. Because I know how unhappy I am with my own work - it's hard for me to imagine anyone thinking I have a big head.

So, at the end of the day, there is a part of me that wants to empathize with my friends who trip on me, because I've never been through what they've been through. I don't know what its like to have my boy thrust into the limelight, to have dumbasses in my ear all the time talking about how I should be getting credit too, how my boy has changed, and how I don't need to fuck with him ... whatever. And that makes me want to patch things up. Bad. Because believe me, I know how stupid this beef is. Whatever its about, it ain't worth this.

But the flip side is this - they've never stayed up two or three days straight on deadline. They've never had their name cursed in front of millions, they've never pulled something out of their heart and mind and seen it flourish (and sometimes flop) all over the world. They've never been hospitalized, or told they might have cancer, because of deadline stress. There's only a handful of people in the world who know what that shit is like.

So if they can't deal with how I am, how I handle my business, or how I live my life after living through THAT shit, fuck them. Have I changed? Oh yeah ... I had to. But not on some superficial hollywood type shit. If they can't understand that, we'll just have to be two more niggaz who couldn't get their shit together.

I'm taking a vacation. To hell with beef, to hell with the strip. I'm not a cartoonist, I'm not a celebrity, I'm not a black leader - I just play one on C-Span. And who knows - soon, I might not be doing that.

It's good to hear from you, Fei Long. Bushead, Book, anyone else who might see this ... holla.

Adub
---------------------

---------------------

Improv
Charter member
85480 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 01:10 PM

74. "Well said..."
In response to Reply # 72

As Ben said to Luke: "Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them. Stretch out with your feelings..."

***http://www.NativeMagazine.com : Dear Goddess/ we made this website/ just for you/ as an offering/ can you see us now?***

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”---George Carlin

ya Setshego
Charter member
4259 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 07:38 AM

78. "RE: Messed up isn't it ...-Yep, but we'll pray for y'all."

>... when even the "good" brothas
>end up acting like niggaz.
>
>
>why so many niggas
>couldn't get their shit together.
>Used to wonder why in
>the hell Pete Rock and
>CL Smooth would break up.-GOOD POINT. COMMON AND 'NEM SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED THIS IN "THE ?UESTIONS".
>
>
>We knew the dangers of friends
>working together. We talked about
>them in advance. And in
>the end, we fell victim
>to it anyway. And he's
>not the only friend I've
>run into problems with.-WELL, MAYBE YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO LOVE THEM AS YOUR BROTHAHS FROM AFAR FOR NOW.....
>
>I still won't talk about what
>went down between me and
>Rhome, but I would like
>to say something about fame.-I RESPECT THAT. THIS IS BETTER THAN NOTHING....

>
>People from back home who NEVER
>knew me like to talk
>now about how I've changed.
>And even the people who
>did know me have to
>remind themselves that I've always
>been fairly egotistical ... somewhat
>arrogant. I have to be.
>To be an artist who
>throws your crappy, rushed work
>out on deadline seven times
>a week in front of
>30 million people -ACTUALLY, YOUR WORK IS NOT AT ALL CRAPPY, BUT I GUESS LIKE ERYKAH, YOU ARE "SENSITIVE ABOUT YOUR SHIT..."
ADMITEDLY, SOME DAYS ON THE STRIP ARE FUNNIER THAN OTHERS, BUT THE ARTWORK IS CONSISTENT, AND VERY, VERY GOOD. WHO AM I TO SAY THOUGH? JUST ANOTHER MARYLANDER PROUD TO SEE SOMEONE FROM HOME "MAKE IT", EVEN THOUGH I GUESS "MAKING IT" ISN'T ALWAYS WHAT IT IS "CRACKED UP TO BE".
>

... you gotta go out
>thinking you're the shit or
>you fold.-THAT'S TO BE EXPECTED I S'POSE. LOOK AT BRYANT GUMBEL. YOU THINK HE COULD DO WHAT HE DOES AS WELL AS HE DOES EVERYDAY IF HE WAS 'MEELY-MOUTHED' AND 'COW-TOWED(sp?)' TO THOSE WHITE PEOPLE EVERYDAY? HE "KNOWS" HE HAS TO BE BETTER THAN THEM TO MAKE IT. HE MAKES NO 'BONES' ABOUT THAT EITHER, WHICH IS WHY THEY THINK HE IS AN ARROGANT ASSHOLE.
>
I'm combative. Shouldn't
>be a surprise to anyone
>considering I created the angriest
>character in the history of
>comics (except for maybe Moe
>from Calvin and Hobbes). -WELL, WE "LOOOOVE" THAT YOUNG BROTHAH, AND THERE IS A LITTLE OR EVEN A LOT OF HIM IN ALL OF US, SO I'M SURE MOST OF US CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR INITIAL REACTION OF BEING "COMBATIVE".

When
>I calmed down, I tried
>to settle things peaceful -
>lay pride by the wayside.
>It didn't work. Rhome has
>an open invitation to talk
>to me when he wants
>to. That's all I can
>do.-WELL YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THAT. I KNEW YOU EDUCATED BRETHREN HAD IT IN YOU. HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL SETTLE DOWN BETWEEN Y'ALL IN TIME.
>
When a man holds
>his head up while he's
>broke - he's a trooper.
>When he holds it up
>when he's paid - he's
>an asshole.- U AIN'T NEVER LIED....

when I
>tried to play Captain and
>give everyone money and/or jobs
>to rescue them from the
>drudgery of the office -
>it only made things worse.
>I went broke and they
>felt resentful and unequal.-I GUESS THAT'S WHAT MC HAMMER FACED AS WELL, WHICH PEOPLE FAIL TO APPRECIATE WHEN THEY ARE SO BUSY MAKING FUN OF HIM, A MAN WHO ACTUALLY SEEMED TO HAVE A GOOD HEART, THE QUALITY OF HIS RAP MUSIC NOTWITHSTANDING....
>
>Because I know how little fun
>I have, because I know
>how hard life under a
>perpetual deadline is, it's difficult
>for me to imagine that
>anyone would think I'm living
>it up.- WE WITHOUT MONEY THINK "EVERYBODY" WITH MONEY IS LIVING IT UP. WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

Because I
know
>how unhappy I am with
>my own work - it's
>hard for me to imagine
>anyone thinking I have a
>big head.-WELL, YOU SAID YOURSELF THAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ARROGANT, BUT IF YOUR FRIENDS ALREADY KNEW THAT ABOUT YOU BEFORE THE BOONTHANG, THERE WAS NO NEED TO GET ALL "BROKEN UP" ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS. THEN AGAIN, THEY SAY "MONEY &/OR SEX CHANGES 'EVERYTHING'".....
>

>Whatever its about, it ain't
>worth this. -MY POINT "EXACTLY".
>
>But the flip side is this
>- they've never stayed up
>two or three days straight
>on deadline. They've never had
>their name cursed in front
>of millions, they've never pulled
>something out of their heart
>and mind and seen it
>flourish (and sometimes flop) all
>over the world. They've never
>been hospitalized, or told they
>might have cancer, because of
>deadline stress. -GOOD GRIEF! I'M REALLY GLAD YOU ARE GOING ON VACATION. "NOTHING" IS WORTH SACRIFICING YOUR HEALTH OVER.
>
> Have I changed?
>Oh yeah ... I had
>to. But not on some
>superficial hollywood type shit. If
>they can't understand that, we'll
>just have to be two
>more niggaz who couldn't get
>their shit together.
>
>I'm taking a vacation. To hell
>with beef, to hell with
>the strip. I'm not a
>cartoonist, I'm not a celebrity,
>I'm not a black leader
>- I just play one
>on C-Span. And who knows
>- soon, I might not
>be doing that.-WELL I GUESS I "REALLY" NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSPAPER NOW, SO I CAN START SAVING UP HARD COPIES OF THE BOONDIGGEDY TO HANG UP AROUND MY OFFICE. IN THE LONG RUN, YOU MUST DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU BRAH, SOMEONE EARLIER IN THIS POST ADVISED YOU TO NOT LET ANYONE ELSE "SCRIPT YOU". THAT SAYS IT ALL RIGHT THERE.

peace and blessings.

>
>'Cause dammit I ain't drawin' this
>isht for nuthin'!!!
>
>
>"Right now I feel I can
>take on the whole Empire
>myself ..."

>- Luke's gunner Dak (minutes before
>becoming a friendly fire casualty
>in the Battle of Hoth)
>

"Don't Hate the PLAYA Boy...hate the GAME," Granddad Freeman of the Boondocks(7-11-99)

*Twenty-three percent of women are "autoerotic singles" — they prefer to achieve sexual satisfaction alone(source-bet.com)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oooo baby I like it raw. Oooo baby I like it RAAAW!(c)ODB- Shimmy Shimmy Ya

DaFlashman
Charter member
4243 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 09:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
81. "RE: Messed up isn't it ..."

I feel you Aaron. There's times I wish people knew the
struggles writers and artists go through. You can work
for twelve hours a day, six days a week, pour your heart
out into what you do, and at the end of the day still
get no love. Sometimes when you check your e-mail it
seems like all you hear is people bitch - "Your shit
stinks" or "Fuck your website" or "I've seen better
magazines/reviews/writing than yours - why do you bother?"

Why do we bother? I think you know the answer Aaron.
I see the pain in your post though and hear you saying "Fuck
the heartbreak, fuck the bullshit, I don't want to deal
with it." I've wanted to throw it away before but I
always seem to come back. Even when nobody appreciates
it and nobody gives a fuck. I'm still driven to create.
It's an internal drive you can't turn off; whether you
paint, make music, write novels, or dance. It's almost
like a curse - once you get the bug, you just can't stop.
And you don't stop UNTIL the shit is right; the way you
want to present it to the world, even if they hate it.

Just so you know though, there's a lot of people who
do appreciate what you do. They may not be as loud or
as vocal as the naysayers and the hatemongers but we're
out there - a quiet majority if ever there was one. And
sometimes we should be more vocal about supporting the
artists and musicians we like; which is why I think the
whole Okayplayer vibe is a good thing. Like you said,
people think that artists live a glamorous life - they
don't realize that a rapper like Tame One can have gold
singles, gold albums, videos on MTV, do tours overseas,
and at the end of the day still live at home with moms.
I know Tame could have said "fuck it" countless times
when he went solo and nobody was checking for him but
that urge to create just kept him making music anyway.
And you Aaron, keep doing strips; and I keep running
websites and writing reviews. We do it anyway. So
even if the quiet majority won't say it to you we should
as creative people say it to each other - I love your
work and I love what you're doing. And I mean that.
The Boondocks is something special because it wasn't
"planned" and it isn't "developed" and it's not "polite";
it's popularity resonates with it's authenticity just
like any good art should.

If you quit, it's aight. Sometimes the only way to make
good art is to start over fresh. Sometimes when you burn
out quitting is the only way to SURVIVE. But speaking
for the quiet majority, sincerely, I hope you don't plan
to quit anytime soon. I love The Boondocks and I'm going
to keep on loving it as long as you keep making it; and
that's because it's your vision. Don't let that change
no matter who beefs with you or who tries to fuck it up.

Peace, Flash

--
"They say I look and sound funny but I don't be carin"
--> The Imperial Biz Markie
Webmaster: www.RapReviews.com
Bust a rhyme! http://www.rhymerator.com/

---
PLEASE DIRECT E-MAIL TO dj.flash@pobox.com
Webmaster: www.OHHLA.com and www.RapReviews.com
COMING SOON: www.NintendoArchive.com

The Last Eritrean

Tue Mar-20-01 12:21 PM

83. "RE: Messed up isn't it ..."

From one young brother to another,

I just had a chance to read the long list of statements and repsonses. I just wanted to say that I think you have created a great peice of work, and at the end of the day, that's what you will be remembered for.
I just pray that God gives you the strength to keep pushin' after you take a little break.
Don't be too disgusted with all the drama inside and outside of your cipher, you have to understand ( I know you already do) that the Boondocks is something we ( young Black folk in particualr) are very proud of. That being said, you know how get when we cherish something, : we love it, spoil it, shower it with praises, and then mistrust it, blame it for not living up to what we think it should be, acuse it of getting to big for its britches, and spit venom against it. ( Just like BET, right? - nope, won't go there, that's another conversation).

I will end By saying, God Bless, and yes I hope you do come back refreshed. I have followed boondocks since the SOURCE and I hope to keep reading it. Keep your head up and go for self.

Oh, and if you haven't read the poem "IF" you might want to check it out - it has alsways helped me to put tough situations in perspective.

M2
Charter member
10072 posts
Wed Mar-21-01 05:47 PM

84. "I probably shouldn't be putting my .02 in...but...."

Dub, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

One day everything is cool, you <i>might</i> suspect something is wrong...but nothing can be wrong, this is your boy right! This is a dude you'd trust with your WALLET! You were sick with Vertigo at a time when your roommates were out of town and your girlfriend was in Europe for the summer...he was the only one there....so you gave dude your wallet to go pick up your medication. This is the man who was there for you when you needed help, you were there for him when he needed help. Friends for life..........more then that...brothers......

Overnight, everything changed even though you didn't completely reaize it. It's not surprising, your life is picking up...things are going the way you want them too.... so you didn't notice things going wrong(things are too good!)...or warning signs that were there since word go.

All of a sudden, the friendship is gone......it's over.....and you pretend it isn't...this is your boy..it'll pass......but it doesn't.....until you realize that this person is against you. You deny, but they are.......until it's too late...

Now you're staring at a dusty manilla folder, you've had it since July. It's contents? Paperwork to get back what's owed to you. You've been stalling because you remember the good times....but damn, he did you wrong. Do you accept it, becuse you are "priveleged" and he felt it was ok?

But wait, WTF happened! I don't know how we got here, did someone turn you against me? Wasn't I always there for you? What did I do? Oh isht, don't tell me it's the money......not that....aww man! What does that matter? Why mess things up over that....and why am I the one who feels bad about this...why do I have to be the mature one?

So now I'm pissed......because you know I don't want to file these papers....and you get to feel like you got what was yours.....I mean damn, it's not like you helped me get here...you said I couldn't do it.....

Anyway, money can mess up friendships. I'm not even talking about celebrity money.....I'm talking just having a higher paying job....it's ill, it's wack and I hate it.

Now I'm sitting here feeling guilty for just trying to receive restituion for something I worked hard to purchase. Ain't life grand!

Dub, I hope you and Rhome can patch it up......I've been precisely where you are..wondering what happened.......and trying to figure out what to do. Take care of yourself.....

Peace........

The Blog: http://www.analyticalwealth.com/

An assassin’s life is never easy. Still, it beats being an assassin’s target.

Enjoy your money, but live below your means, lest you become a 70-yr old Wal-Mart Greeter.

M2
Charter member
10072 posts
Wed Mar-21-01 05:49 PM

85. "MY PEEPS!"
In response to Reply # 84

Quest
Annie
Ausset
H20

Awww DAYHUM! Sniff, Sniff......I missed ya'll........

Enjoy your money, but live below your means, lest you become a 70-yr old Wal-Mart Greeter.

QuestOn4
39 posts
Thu Mar-22-01 07:24 AM

86. "Muhammad!!! My TWIN!"
In response to Reply # 85

I was trynna see if I culd find your e-mail address on the old site, to no avail.

How's Philly and the misses?

Inbox me with your e-mail addy.

The Collective is:

M2
Charter member
10072 posts
Thu Mar-22-01 01:47 PM

87. "RE: Muhammad!!! My TWIN!"
In response to Reply # 86

QUUUEEEESSSSTTTTT!

Good to hear from you, I miss the boards dearly and stumbled upon this site earlier this week.

Me and the Misses are fine......Philly's aiight....the media is leaving Mayor Street alone and it looks like he's trying to clean up the city. The snowstorms have been a friggin killer though, I sat on the surekill expressway for 5 hours back in January.....wasn't fun.....

I'll shoot you an e-mail and an AIM message.....

M2

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Thu Mar-29-01 01:53 AM

91. "RE: Messed up isn't it ..."

>>>Fame is 100% perception. It's all illusion. It's a good publicist. Most of the time when people see how I live they're surprised. I'm still surprised when I find out how some rappers live. It's so easy to presume that the person on that television is living the life the rest of us are somehow missing. And even when you see the truth, it doesn't always sink in.

Amen.
Amen Amen.

Aaron - I don't know much about much on this whole thing - but you don't owe anyone an explanation. It's between you & Rhome. You're a better man than I am (except for I'm not a man...) but I'm just sayin that you put a lot of your heart into things - your art - and some people don't deserve to see/hear everything that makes you tick in any given situation.

Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

Lisa: Dad, what's a Muppet?
Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, it's not quite a puppet, but man... So to answer your question, I don't know.

Peep this:
http://www.flashnewsmag.com

Native 4 is coming!
http://www.nativemagazine.com

Unique Perspective
http://www.rapsheet.com

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

StillWaters
Charter member
4846 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 05:07 PM

75. "the funny thing is.........."
In response to Reply # 0

how all this can go on, and i not know about it.

I came to the former www.boondocks.net awhile back and had a good time, and as recently as thursday, attempted to log on, but to no availe.
Now, I understand that ya'll feel like ya'll was fam and all, but what right does that give any of you to assume what other people do in their lives.
I'm sitting here reading all these assumptions being thrown around of people you don't even know. I ain'y gonna sit here and ask why ?uest's aun't's dr's momma's baby daddy don't pay child support(example)...cause i don't know him lke that, and actually, if u didn't grow or birth none of the parties, where do you get off telling other people what happend, escpecially when you weren't there. *i just confused myself*

anyway. i just hope some of you think about what your saying, before you decide to go around and comment on events you had nothing to do with.
and furthermore, shit, get it through your head, the site is down. you'd swear someone stole your dog or some shit. get over it. i mean damn, to make a long story short: stay out of other's business, ya nosey bum's.

the sig is about to change, so until then shut da' fuck up and read.
.......this has been a word from our sponsor

They've been spending most their lives,Living in a pastime paradise
They've been wasting most their time,Glorifying days long gone behind
They've been wasting most their days,In remembrance of ignorance oldest praise
Tell me who of them will come to be,How many of them are you and me
Dissipation
Race Relations
Consolation
Segregation
Dispensation
Isolation
Exploitation
Mutilation
Mutations
Miscreation
Confirmation...to the evils of the world
They've been spending most their lives,Living in a future paradise
They've been looking in their minds,For the day that sorrows gone from time,They keep telling of the day
When the Savior of love will come to stay,Tell me who of them will come to be,How many of them are you and me
Proclamation of Race Relations
Consolation
Integretion
Verification
of Revelations
Acclamation
World Salvation
Vibrations
Stimulation
Confirmation...to the peace of the world
We've been spending too much of our lives,Living in a pastime paradise,Let's start living our lives,Living for the future paradise
Praise to our lives,Living for the future paradise,Shame to anyones lives
Living in the pastime paradise
Pastime Paradise-Steveie Wonder (1976)

The brutal truth is that the bulk of white people in America never had any interest in educating black people, except as this could serve white purposes. It is not the black child's language that is in question, it is not his language that is despised: It is his experience. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance, and enter a limbo in which he will no longer be black, and in which he knows that he can never become white. Black people have lost too black children that way. (James Baldwin)

Honor the Iris's in your life!

RIP James "Jay Dee" Yancey

religion is the aspiration of man toward an idealized existence, in which the functions of god and man are harmonious, even identical. (c)amiri baraka

QuestOn4
39 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 05:59 PM

76. "well said."
In response to Reply # 75

No. I'm lying. It was fucking dumb.

Boondocks.net was serious shit for some folks. Nobody's saying they'd jump outta a building because the site's down, they're just saying that they miss the site. If Okayplayer went down, best believe the few thousand people who post here would be upset...

StillWaters
Charter member
4846 posts
Sun Mar-18-01 06:30 PM

77. "tru, and oh yeah"
In response to Reply # 76

well said.

the sig is about to change, so until then shut da' fuck up and read.
.......this has been a word from our sponsor

They've been wasting most their time,Glorifying days long gone behind
They've been wasting most their days,In remembrance of ignorance oldest praise
Tell me who of them will come to be,How many of them are you and me
Dissipation
Race Relations
Consolation
Segregation
Dispensation
Isolation
Exploitation
Mutilation
Mutations
Miscreation
Confirmation...to the evils of the world
They've been looking in their minds,For the day that sorrows gone from time,They keep telling of the day
When the Savior of love will come to stay,Tell me who of them will come to be,How many of them are you and me
Proclamation of Race Relations
Consolation
Integretion
Verification
of Revelations
Acclamation
World Salvation
Vibrations
Stimulation
Confirmation...to the peace of the world
We've been spending too much of our lives,Living in a pastime paradise,Let's start living our lives,Living for the future paradise
Praise to our lives,Living for the future paradise,Shame to anyones lives
Living in the pastime paradise
Pastime Paradise-Steveie Wonder (1976)

The brutal truth is that the bulk of white people in America never had any interest in educating black people, except as this could serve white purposes. It is not the black child's language that is in question, it is not his language that is despised: It is his experience. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance, and enter a limbo in which he will no longer be black, and in which he knows that he can never become white. Black people have lost too black children that way. (James Baldwin)

Honor the Iris's in your life!

RIP James "Jay Dee" Yancey

religion is the aspiration of man toward an idealized existence, in which the functions of god and man are harmonious, even identical. (c)amiri baraka

Soroban

Mon Mar-19-01 06:36 PM

79. "Who cares about the personal beef..."
In response to Reply # 77

What I want to know is, are the forum boards EVER coming back???? I never posted on the Boondocks site; I just read. I read through every post above and none of 'em seemed to address whether anything was in the works to bring the boards back. Are the forum boards coming back and if so when?? That's ALL I wanna know.

"Truth will make you depart from that which you say you believe." - NaSheed Fakhrid-Deen

"...And we are loved for being ignorant and hated if we are militant..." - Alafia Pudim of the Last Poets.

"The first generation of Negroes were INTIMIDATED BY white supremacy.
The second generation of Negroes WORSHIPPED white supremacy.
The new generation of Negroes IS white supremacy." - "Evolution" by Amiri Baraka

Wise_Is_The_Name
Member since Jul 07th 2003
0 posts
Mon Mar-19-01 08:40 PM

80. "A lot of..."
In response to Reply # 0

..this shit was gay. I've been in the 88.1 radio room...shit was tight "back then". Give us free.

"Ya'll Niggas Share One Milkshake with two straws"-Ikon from Jedi Mind Tricks

"I possess the power cosmic, like a herald of Galactus/When I propel my thoughts, I use effects of the magnus/ESP, Three Times Dope like EST/I snatched the matrix out the chest of Optimus, rappers ain't stoppin' us/I deal with life in a righteous order/ThunderGod, eldest brother to Omega Manslaughter/I split rocks, give city blocks aftershocks/I bloody whole crews with my ill mic mechanics/Asiatic Warriors, make the devil panic/I slam crab ass rappers to the pavement, much to their amazement/Wasting time recording demos in the basement/Don't make me smack you, train my rhymes to attack you/Welcome you with my fists like Mr. Rourke and Tattoo/Ample is my flow, I'm inventive/When I rock the microphone, I use incentive/On some ill Colin Fergueson/Cold Blooded devil murderin'/ThunderGod, Power God's (P.G. County) fuckin' mic champion"-One of my better verses. MP3's of all the old classics coming soon.

QuestOn4
39 posts
Sat Mar-24-01 05:04 PM

88. "I want to start"
In response to Reply # 0

A Docker mailing/IM list.

INBOX ME. NOW.

The Collective is:

QuestOn4
39 posts
Mon Mar-26-01 09:53 AM

89. "up, daggummit."
In response to Reply # 88

The Collective is:

QuestOn4
39 posts
Wed Mar-28-01 09:06 PM

90. "whatever happened to TEN?"
In response to Reply # 0

Or Nly10mnt?

The Collective is:

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #17972 Previous topic | Next topic