Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #16748

Subject: "No More "Long Walk" Please" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Thu May-03-01 09:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"No More "Long Walk" Please"

i knew this was gonna happen.

from the time i heard her sing it live, i knew it was gonna be a hit.

i purposely avoided listening to it outside my copy of the record, so as not to get caught in the "radio killed the radio song" phenomenon.

but they got me anyway.

i can't take it anymore.

for a minute here in LA you couldn't pay 'em to play her, now she's every third song played (just this one single dough).

i love her, and am proud of her success, and can appreciate a "long walk" both for it physical and mental health benefits...but i KNOW her feet gotta be tired after walking this long

labelguy...somebody...PLEASE can i get the next single?

(seriously though, at what point is it decided that a song is "dead" and that it's time to release the next song? could one of you music types help me out?)

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it's coming
May 03rd 2001
I Hate radio
May 03rd 2001
err?
May 03rd 2001
RE: err?
May 03rd 2001
uh
May 03rd 2001
      gotcha
May 03rd 2001
           I heard Lyzel in E Flat on the radio
May 04th 2001
           i LoVeD A lOnG WaLk
May 04th 2001
           He Loves Me
May 04th 2001
                RE: He Loves Me
May 04th 2001
                     It's Love
May 04th 2001
                     Gramaphone on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
May 04th 2001
actually...
May 03rd 2001
RE: it's coming
dobiewonk
May 04th 2001
      radio stinks
May 04th 2001
I'm boycotting commercial radio anyway..........
May 03rd 2001
you still turn on your radios?!?!
May 03rd 2001
More Play=
May 03rd 2001
DC radio
May 03rd 2001
huh?
May 03rd 2001
RE: me too n/m
May 03rd 2001
      sadly
May 04th 2001
           ha ha!!!
dobiewonk
May 04th 2001
                wack x3
May 04th 2001
RE: you think you upset now..........
May 03rd 2001
how bout....
dobiewonk
May 04th 2001
i agree
May 03rd 2001
i'm sayin!
May 03rd 2001
back up
May 04th 2001
RE: back up
May 04th 2001
Singles.
May 04th 2001
this post makes no sense
May 04th 2001
READ helle dingleberry
May 04th 2001
      RE: READ helle dingleberry
May 04th 2001
Solution:
Marinera
May 04th 2001

T2daP
Charter member
9061 posts
Thu May-03-01 09:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "it's coming"
In response to Reply # 0

I think the next single is "The Way"...... I heard it yesterday on mainstream radio and u know they don't play anything that's not spoon fed to them by the lables

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~per J_Sun's request

What's the matter with your life?
Is the poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check in someone else's box?
Tell me

(this quote is dedicated to a certain person who never heard "Pop Life"......shame on u )

Snoochie
Boochie
Noochie's

http://www.erasound1.com LAURNEA II

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Guaranteed To Kill Your Post or Your Money Back

Afroteck
Charter member
4590 posts
Thu May-03-01 10:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I Hate radio"
In response to Reply # 1

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Thu May-03-01 10:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "err?"
In response to Reply # 1

"the way"?

as in "gettin in...."?

wasn't that the LAST song they ran into the ground?

(i could be missing something here...)

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Thu May-03-01 10:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: err?"
In response to Reply # 3

no..this one is different..its that " is this the waaaaayyyy" jawn.

Peace,
Steve
OkayArtist Board Moderator
Please Read Guidelines:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
IM:Gigfog

Http://www.thebrokediaries.com
BUY ANGIE's BOOK Y'all!!!!!!!!!!

thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Thu May-03-01 10:20 AM

5. "uh"
In response to Reply # 3

"Is it the way.... you looooove... me baby......?"

That song... it's later in the cd, bout midway...

Haven't listened to mine in a while. Come to think of it, it might be "Is it the way... he loves..." no never mind. I was right the first time.

-thebigfunk

MP3 of the Day: "Kick In The Ass" by Moxy Fruvous
http://www.angelfire.com/art/thebigfunk/

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Thu May-03-01 12:18 PM

7. "gotcha"
In response to Reply # 5

i love that song...but i fear i'm gonna hate it too soon

(let's all pary they DON'T releasethe lyzel in e flat jammy)

thebigfunk
Charter member
10457 posts
Fri May-04-01 03:48 AM

17. "I heard Lyzel in E Flat on the radio"
In response to Reply # 7

I've heard it several times. People are having Jilly fever.

I feel you on Long Walk though... that was my FAVORITE track off the album, I put it on so many mixtapes and played it for all my friends, indoctrinated it as a nightly relaxation track for my girlfriend and i...

Now I can't take it anymore. When I hear it, I feel like I'm gonna scream. Radio killed it for me. And the remixes? I didn't feel any of them.

-thebigfunk

MP3 of the Day: "Stuck In The 90s" by Moxy Fruvous
http://www.angelfire.com/art/thebigfunk/

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~

QuestOn4
Member since Aug 08th 2003
39 posts
Fri May-04-01 06:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
25. "i LoVeD A lOnG WaLk"
In response to Reply # 17

last August when i bought the CD, it was my favorite song. EVER.

Now...

NOW...

I never thought I could hate hearing this shit.

I hate radio.

HotThyng76
Charter member
51232 posts
Fri May-04-01 07:21 AM

26. "He Loves Me"
In response to Reply # 7

There is a white label house remix of "He Loves Me" that has been getting MUCH PLAY in Chicago and San Francisco. I don't know how it's doing in other parts of the country.

Hidden Beach (aka "Label Guy" for Jill) told me they're not planning to release "He Loves Me".

When it comes to lust/Then I must confess/I feel it everyday..."Soft & Wet"

I ain't got no money/I ain't like those other guys u hang around..."I Wanna Be Your Lover"

Now where I come from/We don't let society tell us how it's supposed 2 be/Our clothes, our hair we don't care/It's all about being there..."Uptown"

I strangled Valentino/U been mine ever since/If anybody ask u/U belong 2 PRINCE/Come on, baby/Get up!..."Private Joy"

Lady, I'm so lonely/I know that's not the way 2 be/Don't want isolation, but the air it makes me cold/Drive it, baby, drive it/Drive this demon out of me..."Lady Cab Driver"

Where is my love life?/Where has it gone?/Somebody please please tell me what the hell is wrong..."Computer Blue"

There was a woman from the ghetto who made funny faces/Just like Clara Bow/How was I 2 know that she would wear the same cologne as u/And giggle the same giggle that u do/Whenever I would act a fool/The fool with a condition of the heart..."Condition Of The Heart"

Love will conquer if u just believe..."Mountains"

We wanna play in the sunshine/We wanna be free/Without the help of a margarita or ecstasy..."Play In The Sunshine"

When we be makin love/I only hear the sounds/Of heavenly angels cryin' above/Tears of joy pourin' down on us..."Adore"

Who? Prince? Ain't that a bitch! That skinny motherfucker with the high voice? Please, who do I look like, baby? Yesterday's fool?..."Bob George"

If I see 11/U could say it's 7/Still I wish u heaven/I wish u love..."I Wish U Heaven"

My brain is jackin' all over the place/Oh!/If a man is considered guilty 4 what goes on in his mind then give me the electric chair 4 all my future crimes, y'all..."Electric Chair"

Why can't u love me, baby?..."Joy In Repetition"

It's just around the corner/It's just around the block, this/Love that I've been waiting for/A love solid as rock/A love that reaffirms that we are not alone/A love so bright inside u it glows..."Still Would Stand All Time"

Love, nobody know just how it was born/Love 1st came 2 me with the radio on..."Thunder"

My name is Prince/I don't wanna be King/Cuz I've seen the top/And it's just a dream..."My Name Is Prince"

Ooh/There I go again/Fallin in love all over/Ooh, the cycle never ends/Ya just pray ya don't get burned..."Pink Cashmere"

Minor G is the chord of pleasure/It will be played 11 measures/U will see fire, but u're cool as ice/U're a liar if u say this isn't nice..."Power Fantastic"

I've had dreams of us/Cuddling on the planet Mars/Then when I wake up/Oooh/I'm all covered in sex..."Space"

U need a motherfucker that respects ya name..."P Control"

Introduce the carpet 2 something other than your knees..."Dinner With Delores"

We're like 2 petals from the same flower, baby/We're like 2 branches from the same tree..."Saviour"

How many times can u hurt me?/Will your conscience make u stop?/Damn it all, why not desert me?/Baby, u know u'll never cop..."Last Heart" (aka "If U Break My Heart 1 More Time")

20 days in London/U ain't gimme no love/Could it be another Brother Man/That u're thinkin of?/Or could it be your girlfriend who ain't never been straight/When I ask u are ya hungry/U say u already ate..."Come On"

Everywhere I go, people stop and stare/They just wanna see me swing this pretty hair/If there ever comes a time when it just won't grow/I'll do it like my brother, and buy some mo'..."Pretty Man"

MikeLove
Charter member
13221 posts
Fri May-04-01 08:48 AM

29. "RE: He Loves Me"
In response to Reply # 26

>There is a white label house
>remix of "He Loves Me"
>that has been getting MUCH
>PLAY in Chicago and San
>Francisco. I don't know
>how it's doing in other
>parts of the country.
>

WHOO HOOO! I heard steve mystro play that in a mix. Why are all the best remixes (all i do, reasons) bootlegs? I can never find that shit. by the time i make it to the recoed store (3 months later) the guy is like, 'uhh they don't make that anymore'!

---

MikeLove Super DJ

<----- The reason your team's players jump into the stands after a TD

Gyrofrog
Charter member
1529 posts
Fri May-04-01 08:55 AM

32. "It's Love"
In response to Reply # 29

I'm almost positive I've heard "It's Love" on the radio (1370 AM in Austin).

--Joe C
"Gyrofrog"
Have sax, will woodshed
-----
http://www.gyrofrog.com

HotThyng76
Charter member
51232 posts
Fri May-04-01 09:12 AM

33. "Gramaphone on Tuesdays and Thursdays."
In response to Reply # 29

Hit up Gramaphone on Tues and Thurs afternoons. That's when they get their shipments in.

With these sought-after bootlegs, what happens is the store will only order a few in the 1st shipments. Many times those few copies will be sold w/in 2 hours to ppl who know when the shipments come in, or to folks who pre-order them. When "All I Do" finally hit Chicago, I was at the store on that Tuesday w/my boy who's a DJ. We got there at 6pm and there were NO copies left. Well, there was one copy but it was spoken for. Some cat left it sitting on top of a rack while was looking through records w/his back turned. My boy and I snatched that record and did an express check-out and jetted before Old Dude knew anything was up.

The BEST thing to do is to get to know the staff there. That way you get a heads-up when something hot arrives. They'd love you there...You're Mike Love! Do you know anyone there? You must....

ILLWILL
Charter member
25041 posts
Thu May-03-01 11:25 PM

16. "actually..."
In response to Reply # 1

i think it may be Slowly, Surely...but i can't really tell you why.

¡¿WILL?!

Brainfood:
http://geocities.com/junebugs_sister/thoughts.htm

I wrote this, Brainchild performed it:
http://www.thejawn.com/realaudio/brain/condomad.ram

All Of Your Rob Base Are Belong To Us:
http://willperez.tripod.com/base.jpg

"I used to suck dick for coke!" -- Bob Saget

"the proceeds were an early 80's supergroup managed by philip michael thomas of miami vice fame. they were so named because pretty much all of the "proceeds" went to feeding his 37 kids. it included the brother question on the drums, herve villachez on the upright bass, the lead singer from drs (gangsta lean) on lead vocals, ralph from the muppets on keys and that chick from john salley's show on electric tambourine" -- McScoobySnack on Kyleeezeee's question "who was the proceed drummer?"

i'm back...?

dobiewonk

Fri May-04-01 06:08 AM

20. "RE: it's coming"
In response to Reply # 1

POP LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

thats my JAMMMMMM!!!! PLAY THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!

why is it that prince can run round wit a perm, tight pants wit his ass out, and he only 4 ft 2, and still get all the fly mommys?

I dunno, thats my dawg though...

as for the radio, I have long since abandoned hope for contemporary stations and now I just bump oldie goldies...but even that shit gets repetitive...but NO JA RULE,and No J-Lo or SNUFF PAPPY, so Imm tight wit it.....

T2daP
Charter member
9061 posts
Fri May-04-01 06:46 AM

24. "radio stinks"
In response to Reply # 20

we have a few stations in ATL that play stuff that I like to listen to on the left side of the dial (88.5, 89.3,91.9) but every now and then I start changing stations just to peep what is being played..........POP Life is my jamn too but a certain person that post on okayplayer never heard it before and that is so hard to believe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~per J_Sun's request

What's the matter with your life?
Is the poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check in someone else's box?
Tell me

(this quote is dedicated to a certain person who never heard "Pop Life"......shame on u )

Snoochie
Boochie
Noochie's

http://www.erasound1.com LAURNEA II

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Guaranteed To Kill Your Post or Your Money Back

Scrapluv
Charter member
14809 posts
Thu May-03-01 10:24 AM

6. "I'm boycotting commercial radio anyway.........."
In response to Reply # 0

My sign says "JIGGY MUST GO!!!!!!!!"

Feel my "Notic" shit
http://members.blackplanet.com/babyfacedbandit

"Touch Dis, El-e-phant, Dyn-a-mite!!!"

"I know I'm twisted, but fuck it...I like it like dat" - Scrapluv

"One day, I WILL be featured, but for now...I'll just lay the chorus" - Scrapluv

Solitayre
Charter member
8114 posts
Thu May-03-01 12:20 PM

8. "you still turn on your radios?!?!"
In response to Reply # 0

Silly rabbit,
Tricks are 4 kids

Brandard
Charter member
11908 posts
Thu May-03-01 12:23 PM

9. "More Play="
In response to Reply # 0

more album sales=more $$$=more promo money available for kindred and maybe a little left over to pick up a few other black lily or other deserving artists

so i say keep it playing and bring on the next single and play that one too!!

Giving You True Lesson Moderation Since'03

Want something archived? thats what an inbox is for

qtpi6
Charter member
1763 posts
Thu May-03-01 01:25 PM

10. "DC radio"
In response to Reply # 0

ive been hearing "TRY" alot, and an occasional "THE WAY"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
qtpi6

"I'm allergic to flossing. And even more allergic to people who like it."
--Angieee

"You got me wishin' I didn't have Home Training... sometimes..."
--Bilal, SOMETIMES

"Find heaven in this music and God"
--Common, GETO HEAVEN

blackpearl
Charter member
296 posts
Thu May-03-01 01:50 PM

11. "huh?"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been hearing "the way" for the past week on both the BEAT and KJLH, where in l.a. are you and whatcha listening to?

Royalty
Charter member
375 posts
Thu May-03-01 02:49 PM

12. "RE: me too n/m"
In response to Reply # 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Fri May-04-01 05:09 AM

18. "sadly"
In response to Reply # 12

i mostly avoid listening to the radio unless i'm drivin in my car (no cd player - yeah i'm wack)

between steve harvey (bless him cause if it weren't for him 2 or the three stations that play her wouldn't), cliff & janine, and the afternoon crews --- they're killing me

dobiewonk

Fri May-04-01 06:16 AM

21. "ha ha!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

IM even wacker than you!!! I got no CD player in my car, my Tape player chews them shits up, and the radio volume only has two settings; loud as fucc, and whisper(and the shit goes up and down when im driving, cant turn it off)....

SOOOOO,,,,,I dont even too much fucc wit radio no more.

oh shit, im bumpin roy ayers, just caught a sample offa Running away ya dawg J-Dilla used for Common's Nag Champa.....
Tight work......J love to filter some shit.....ok..

blackpearl
Charter member
296 posts
Fri May-04-01 08:55 AM

31. "wack x3"
In response to Reply # 21

i guess that makes 3 of us... i don't even lock my car doors cause knuckleheads WILL break in and take your ish, so i don't keep anything serious in it... i listen to my music at home and channel surf while on the road... peace!

loopdigga
Charter member
3930 posts
Thu May-03-01 03:24 PM

13. "RE: you think you upset now.........."
In response to Reply # 0

wait until they hit you with the neptunes remix with busta rymes or eve or whoever,lol. how about a remix with mop over the "ante " beat. now that would be the shit.
>

>but they got me anyway.
>
>i can't take it anymore.
>
>for a minute here in LA
>you couldn't pay 'em to
>play her, now she's every
>third song played (just this
>one single dough).
>
>i love her, and am proud
>of her success, and can
>appreciate a "long walk" both
>for it physical and mental
>health benefits...but i KNOW her
>feet gotta be tired after
>walking this long
>
>labelguy...somebody...PLEASE can i get the next
>single?
>
>(seriously though, at what point is
>it decided that a song
>is "dead" and that it's
>time to release the next
>song? could one of you
>music types help me out?)
>

buying old records is a habit, but if i can't afford to pay i'll bag it -juju

He would never sign with a NL team at this point in his career, after he's hit a million fucking batters. Obviously its a different story coming straight out of high school dumbass - 3xCrazy on Roger Clemens 6/2002

http://www.myspace.com/djmillsbmore

dobiewonk

Fri May-04-01 06:17 AM

22. "how bout...."
In response to Reply # 13

The source.com fuccin changin up they theme musik!!!!!!!
every time I hit the site, that ol "ANTE UP" shit blares through my speakers...and Im at the job job, so you know that shit dont ride!!!!!

QweenFiyah
Charter member
8326 posts
Thu May-03-01 05:40 PM

14. "i agree"
In response to Reply # 0

I stopped listening to the radio (cept for talk radio) and just play my cds. but even on t.v. the video is played a lot..it is definately time for her next single to come out.
I mean..I looove the song but jeesh..enuff.
~spread tha love~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
get ta yippidy & yappin about the mouf:
aim=QweenFiyah
yahoo=kisszion

http://members.blackplanet.com/ZionzFire

loryn
Charter member
14996 posts
Thu May-03-01 06:36 PM

15. "i'm sayin!"
In response to Reply # 0

That's all they play! It's driving me crazy! I like "The Way" a whole lot...I would hate to be tired of it.

*Loryn
**ALBUMS THAT I MUST HAVE**
(minus Welcome to Detroit by Jay Dee and Quality Control by Jurassic Five...I'm movin on up (c) the Jeffersons)

Saul Williams-Amethyst Rockstar
Bilal-1st Born Second
India.Arie-Acoustic Soul
Kingdom come Soundtrack
Fred Hammond-Purpose by Design
Radiohead-OK Computer
Radiohead-Kid A
Lyricist Lounge Vol. 1 and 2
Tricky-Maxinquaye
Teena Marie-Millenium Collection
Beatles-Revolver
Love and Basketball Sdtrk.(yeah yo, I know I'm late!)
Janet-All for You
Smashing Pumpkins-Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
The Roots-Do You Want More?!?!?
Bjork-Selmasongs
Portishead-Dummy
Tricky/DJ Muggs-Juxtapose
Roni Size-In the Mode (thanks, synomomous!)
Gangstarr-Full Clip
Kelis-Kaleidescope (I LOVE THE NEPTUNES!)
Tribe Called Quest-Anthology
Breakestra-Live Mix Vol.2 (if someone can find me a copy of Vol.1 in the US, I will suck their toes)
Smashing Pumpkins-Adore

hit me up on the email: bantufeminista@hotmail.com

Okayoungins-we put some stank on it.

soul claps are a universal language.

ask away http://www.formspring.me/elledub

http://www.loryncwilson.com

tweet me up: @elledub_1920

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Fri May-04-01 05:11 AM

19. "back up"
In response to Reply # 0

aside from the jill thingy (specifically anyway)

would any of you in-the-know music types like to explain the process by which singles are released?

who picks em and in what order? at what point is it decided that the next should come NOW?

help (pt2)....

tonio_g
Charter member
864 posts
Fri May-04-01 06:26 AM

23. "RE: back up"
In response to Reply # 19

I'm here in Cali (Long Beach) and we've been getting killed with "Long Walk," -- Ever since Steve Harvey on the Beat (100.3) got his hands on Jill Scott -- They've been playing it nonstop. It getting to the point where they are playing "Gettin' In The Way," "Long Walk," and "Way" back to back. Not that I'm complaining because we all know that some of the stuff on the radio is trash. You try to turn the station to KJLH (102.3) and they have Jill on blast -- So I guess in a way we are getting both sides of the coin.

"Why did you come into my life, if you planned to do me wrong?"

HotThyng76
Charter member
51232 posts
Fri May-04-01 07:35 AM

27. "Singles."
In response to Reply # 19

I'm not as "in-the-know" as some folks around here, but from the reading I've done here's how it works..I think:

At least 90% of the time, singles are picked by label executives. The level of the executive making the choices will change depending on the label and the artist. In some cases the prez of the label will pick singles (ie. Clive Davis), in other cases it will be someone lower on the ladder.

For the other 10%, I think it depends on the artist's contract. In the mid 80s (post-Purple Rain), Warner Bros. allowed Prince to pick his singles. Before that, they picked all of them. By the early 90s, they picked half and he picked half. I would think most major artists (multi-multi-platinum, upper eschelon, big name, marquis stars) have deals like that. Especially those who get producer credits.

The decisions on singles are based on one issue...MONEY. If the label believes they can make money off an album, they'll release singles. All albums get a lead-off single (except in rare cases like Radiohead's Kid A), and if that one doesn't work (meaning if album sales go no where) then there won't be anymore...which means the label has given up on the album. So the choice of first single is KEY. Back in the days when labels took time to nurture an artist (and when fans had longer attention spans) there wasn't so much riding on that first single. But these days it's "Rise and Fly". Jill is lucky to be at a small label where most of the attention is on her. If she'd been signed on, say, Columbia...her career would be dead. Her first single was "Love Rain", and it went nowhere.

Now, watch somebody come in behind me w/more info and shoot me down....lol

When it comes to lust/Then I must confess/I feel it everyday..."Soft & Wet"

I ain't got no money/I ain't like those other guys u hang around..."I Wanna Be Your Lover"

Now where I come from/We don't let society tell us how it's supposed 2 be/Our clothes, our hair we don't care/It's all about being there..."Uptown"

I strangled Valentino/U been mine ever since/If anybody ask u/U belong 2 PRINCE/Come on, baby/Get up!..."Private Joy"

Lady, I'm so lonely/I know that's not the way 2 be/Don't want isolation, but the air it makes me cold/Drive it, baby, drive it/Drive this demon out of me..."Lady Cab Driver"

Where is my love life?/Where has it gone?/Somebody please please tell me what the hell is wrong..."Computer Blue"

There was a woman from the ghetto who made funny faces/Just like Clara Bow/How was I 2 know that she would wear the same cologne as u/And giggle the same giggle that u do/Whenever I would act a fool/The fool with a condition of the heart..."Condition Of The Heart"

Love will conquer if u just believe..."Mountains"

We wanna play in the sunshine/We wanna be free/Without the help of a margarita or ecstasy..."Play In The Sunshine"

When we be makin love/I only hear the sounds/Of heavenly angels cryin' above/Tears of joy pourin' down on us..."Adore"

Who? Prince? Ain't that a bitch! That skinny motherfucker with the high voice? Please, who do I look like, baby? Yesterday's fool?..."Bob George"

If I see 11/U could say it's 7/Still I wish u heaven/I wish u love..."I Wish U Heaven"

My brain is jackin' all over the place/Oh!/If a man is considered guilty 4 what goes on in his mind then give me the electric chair 4 all my future crimes, y'all..."Electric Chair"

Why can't u love me, baby?..."Joy In Repetition"

It's just around the corner/It's just around the block, this/Love that I've been waiting for/A love solid as rock/A love that reaffirms that we are not alone/A love so bright inside u it glows..."Still Would Stand All Time"

Love, nobody know just how it was born/Love 1st came 2 me with the radio on..."Thunder"

My name is Prince/I don't wanna be King/Cuz I've seen the top/And it's just a dream..."My Name Is Prince"

Ooh/There I go again/Fallin in love all over/Ooh, the cycle never ends/Ya just pray ya don't get burned..."Pink Cashmere"

Minor G is the chord of pleasure/It will be played 11 measures/U will see fire, but u're cool as ice/U're a liar if u say this isn't nice..."Power Fantastic"

I've had dreams of us/Cuddling on the planet Mars/Then when I wake up/Oooh/I'm all covered in sex..."Space"

U need a motherfucker that respects ya name..."P Control"

Introduce the carpet 2 something other than your knees..."Dinner With Delores"

We're like 2 petals from the same flower, baby/We're like 2 branches from the same tree..."Saviour"

How many times can u hurt me?/Will your conscience make u stop?/Damn it all, why not desert me?/Baby, u know u'll never cop..."Last Heart" (aka "If U Break My Heart 1 More Time")

20 days in London/U ain't gimme no love/Could it be another Brother Man/That u're thinkin of?/Or could it be your girlfriend who ain't never been straight/When I ask u are ya hungry/U say u already ate..."Come On"

Everywhere I go, people stop and stare/They just wanna see me swing this pretty hair/If there ever comes a time when it just won't grow/I'll do it like my brother, and buy some mo'..."Pretty Man"

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Fri May-04-01 08:46 AM

28. "this post makes no sense"
In response to Reply # 0

when jill was the "underdog" u wanted people to hear her
now people hear her all the time and u dont' wanna hear her anymore

let the chile get ALL the soundscan/airplay she can get.. listen to the radio for her song until u're ears fall off.

Hey lover, I've got a sugarcane/That I wanna lose in U, baby can U stand the pain? - soft & wet
And I get discouraged /Cuz U treat me just like a child - I wanna be your lover
And U were so strange /U didn't have the decency 2 change the sheets – when u were mine
People call me rude, I wish we were all nude /I wish there was no black and white, I wish there were no rules – controversy
I guess I should’ve known by the way U parked your car sideways /That it wouldn't last – little red corvette
Be your fire when U're cold – I would die 4 u
Oh - every single day is a yellow day /I'm blinded by the daisies in your yard - condition of the heart
Meet me in another world, space, and joy/ Vous êtes très belle, mama, girls and boys – girls & boys
And it was Joni singing, "Help me, I think I'm falling" – dorothy parker
Come bathe with me – let's drown each other in each other's emotions – when 2 r in love
Ah, ah, every time U kiss me - lemon crush/Nay, I can't resist thee - lemon crush- lemon crush
Love - come quick/Love - come in a hurry - theives in the temple
Just when U think U've got more than enough /That's when it all up and flies away – money don’t matter 2 night
I am yours now and U are mine /And 2gether we'll love through all space and time /So don't cry /One day all 7 will die – 7
So here I sit in my lonely room lookin' 4 my sunshine/But all I've got is 2 cigarettes and this broken heart of mine – 17 days
The act of showing her how good it used 2 be /I want it 2 be so good she falls back in love with me – I hate u
Girl, can U understand I never used 2 go dancin'? /I.. I was the kind of man who'd rather stay at home – pink cashmere
And by the stroke of midnight she wanted some more (more) /Showin' dirty movies like some kind of whore - dinner w/delores
Sittin' in the corner in your underwear /Lettin' me caress your nappy hair - joint 2 joint

keepers of the funk:
http://www.geocities.com/firefire100

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

BooDaah
Charter member
32690 posts
Fri May-04-01 09:19 AM

34. "READ helle dingleberry"
In response to Reply # 28

i just want a new song

got no problem w/ spins...just spinning the thing into the ground

i thought we weren't gonna aggravate each other today

fire
Charter member
111370 posts
Fri May-04-01 09:24 AM

35. "RE: READ helle dingleberry"
In response to Reply # 34

let it breathe (c) some rapper

www.twitter.com/firefire100
http://instagram.com/firefire100
www.philadelphiaeagles.com

Marinera

Fri May-04-01 08:49 AM

30. "Solution:"
In response to Reply # 0

Don't listen to the radio.

Don't watch BET.

Just get your shit off the internet.

You'll only overplay songs if you want to that way.

Just thought I'd throw that in there . . .

"Pimpin ain't easy, Pimpin ain't dead, the hoes are just scared" - Charles Oakley

Giving you true calcio since 1986

AIM: Marinera81
MAIL: jonah_b27@hotmail.com

Check out http://www.greatergood.com Help end world hunger, save the rainforest, help stop AIDS in Africa, help children survive in 3rd world countries, stop breast cancer, and give treatment to landmine victims in less than a minute a day! FOR FREE! NO FORMS TO FILL OUT AND NO STRINGS! REALLY!!!

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #16748 Previous topic | Next topic