Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #14774

Subject: "What's Black Thought's best verse?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
all4thc

Tue Oct-26-99 06:53 AM

"What's Black Thought's best verse?"

My vote is from 100% dundee.<P>On these 73 keys of ivory and ebony/<BR>I swear solemnly that I'll forever rock steadily/<BR>People wanna know where Malik, he right next to me/<BR>The weaponry. The secret recipie./<BR>...<BR>You know the rest.<BR>Which do think is best

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Meiso
knowstatic
Oct 26th 1999
Panic!!!!!!
Oct 26th 1999
      in my opinion.............
sonor
Oct 27th 1999
           i say...
Oct 27th 1999
                Thumpin In Ya Wha
Jihad
Oct 27th 1999
                     Count me in
Sep 20th 2001
How about ...
Oct 27th 1999
Slient treatment....
Oct 28th 1999
agreed......
farrar
Nov 01st 1999
black thougts best verse
illstate_2000
Oct 28th 1999
BigThoughtFan..
Oct 29th 1999
hmmmm...
bard
Oct 29th 1999
A very slept on cut!!!
Oct 29th 1999
Hottest verse?
Rhythm
Oct 29th 1999
      Correction..
Nov 01st 1999
No Doubt In My Mind
kiloe
Oct 30th 1999
The Lesson, Pt. 1
Los79
Oct 31st 1999
Black Thoughts Illest Verse
Rain
Oct 31st 1999
Oh and on swept away...
Los79
Nov 01st 1999
best verse of all time
Nov 02nd 1999

knowstatic

Tue Oct-26-99 02:08 PM

1. "Meiso"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't really decide if this is Black Thought's best verse, but it is Malik B's best. "Meiso" by DJ Krush featuring Black Thought and Malik B.

spirit
Charter member
21428 posts
Tue Oct-26-99 05:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Panic!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I've always been kind of fond of "panic!!!", the one verse song from Illadelph. I used to skip ahead to that joint....<P>Peace,<P>Spirit<BR><a href="http://amphibians.iuma.com">http://amphibians.iuma.com<;/a><BR><a href="http://infiniteloop.iuma.com">http://infiniteloop.iuma.com<;/a><BR>DC hip-hop is on the rise...<P>"High grade when I create beats/if I don't get signed/I'ma be the most dope bum that ever walked the streets" - <BR>Aychell (HL, of Khemystery)<P>"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's probably a tool of the conspiracy" - unknown

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

sonor

Wed Oct-27-99 12:06 AM

3. "in my opinion............."
In response to Reply # 2

'Dat Skat', cos he sings too. just that 1st "doo doo doo bang sa put da doo doo doo dum dow!" really make me look at my say stereo and say "oh sh.t tariq can really sing!! <P>but i definitely agree with 100%dundee. in fact it's really weird cos i put on that song when i woke up and said to my self "yeah this is a bad verse. on these 73 keys......." isn't that weird? yeah that's weird man, that's really weird.<P>"waiting for the roots to come back is so wack" - me

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Wed Oct-27-99 09:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "i say..."
In response to Reply # 3

to me black thought at his best on "section" -- that shit was pretty damn hot...<P><BR>"what the fuck is more blasphemous to a catholic/<BR>elephant shit splatterings or a virgin mary with a black face" -- bennie guinness<P><BR>

Jihad

Wed Oct-27-99 01:02 PM

5. "Thumpin In Ya Wha"
In response to Reply # 4

>to me black thought at his best <BR>>on "section" -- that shit was <BR>>pretty damn hot... <P>I thought I would be the only person to say that. I whole heartedly agree kid. <BR>I send emeec's where the paramics are/at first I'm like naw/I'm nonchallant from a far/then strik to cut the fake rapp stars jugular<P>I could put the whole joint up here man. Now that you got me thinking of it I'm going to listen to that jawn now yo.<P>> "what the fuck is more blasphemous <BR>>to a catholic/ elephant shit splatterings <BR>>or a virgin mary with a <BR>>black face" -- bennie guinness <BR>We'll see when Dogma drops<P><BR>"Don't Get Me/Don't Me/Don't Get Ge Get Ge Get Get Me/" Mos Def (wise words)<P><a href="http://www.crossmovement.com">http://www.crossmovement.com<;/a><P>sn: JohnPhlow AOL & AIM

Kev
Charter member
754 posts
Thu Sep-20-01 04:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
20. "Count me in"
In response to Reply # 5

Section is my shit.

Non-believers get my dick and genitals backwards-Redman

One1

Wendell
Charter member
8207 posts
Wed Oct-27-99 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "How about ..."
In response to Reply # 0

"Loddy Doddy, who like's to party?<BR>Like Slick Rick the Ruler, I'm cooler than a ice brick!<BR>Got soul like them afro-picks, with the black fist,<BR>and leave the crowd dripping like John the Baptist!"<P>Pseudonymless Wendell

Peace

Wendell

BigO
Charter member
276 posts
Thu Oct-28-99 05:43 AM

7. "Slient treatment...."
In response to Reply # 0

...I like that verse cause it seems like you get more of HIM, than just his skills. If that's not from a true-life experience, then my man's got a vivid imagination.......just something that I was thinking..........<P>****************************************<P>"To whom much is given, much is required" Phillipa Duke Schuyler MIddle School for the Gifted and Talented (Those who are down, know...)<P>"Nothing in life is permanent....not even life"<BR> --El Hajj Malik El Shabazz (Malcolm X)<P> <BR>OMAR--Medford,MA c/o East Flatbush, Brookyln.<P>And no, I'm not the Omar from MTV's wanna be a VJ contest...so please don't ask, Okayplayer? <BR>

farrar

Mon Nov-01-99 05:27 PM

17. "agreed......"
In response to Reply # 7

silent treatment has to be overall one of the roots best songs and i also really dig what BT raps on it.......it's not like it's the most prolific, dope metaphor verse, it's just the art of storytellin' at it's best.......has to be one of his best.<P>willy<P>"nothing is new to me but i'm still learning" -talib kweli

illstate_2000

Thu Oct-28-99 10:53 AM

8. "black thougts best verse"
In response to Reply # 0

yo! Its kinda hard to pick one of his best verses, but I would have to say one of his best is "lazy afternoon". this has to be one of the greatest verses in hip-hop "nahmean".

SkipGotSkills
Charter member
27393 posts
Fri Oct-29-99 04:03 AM

9. "BigThoughtFan.."
In response to Reply # 0

I can't really choose his best verse, but my favorite verse from Tariq is his verse in Clones.....<P>I use the mic to slap you in the face, erase your taste/<BR>Disgrace your gate, put your title to waste.<BR>Dominant lyrical grace from a place called wild/<BR>Illadelph thou Pennsy, that's the residency....One of my favorites..., peace.. <P><BR>"You'll get shoved to the side cousin for talking all that thug shit/ <BR>I'll hit you with the Henessey bottle that you in love with".... <P>(This lyric quote brought to you by SkipGotSkills)..<P>Who the hell is Sinista 7 anyway...??????

My photography website: http://www.johnflowersphotos.com/
I'm bloggin too now hoe: http://mrflowersphotos.wordpress.com/

bard

Fri Oct-29-99 07:17 AM

10. "hmmmm..."
In response to Reply # 0

i vote for "desperado"...the way that dude introduces each verse is marvelous...<BR>1st verse<BR>"in the glow of the moon over the meloncholy metro my poetry is seen like a U-FO"<BR>2nd verse<BR>"its the empehr-or/the univerese exlplohr-or/treat emcees like cities of sohdam and gahmora(sp)/leaving these niggas open like the box of pandora/while styles stay newer than the world order"... <P>k.e.n. thinks...<BR>"thinking is inevitable...learning is inate...too much<BR>of either with no direction and action is insane..."<BR>

Edub
Charter member
100 posts
Fri Oct-29-99 12:42 PM

11. "A very slept on cut!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

My personal favorite is "No Alibi". Malik and Black brought it somthin terrible! (Illidelph-Track 13,Go peep it!)

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and beleive in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. -Romans 1

Rhythm

Fri Oct-29-99 02:31 PM

12. "Hottest verse?"
In response to Reply # 11

How about verses? I like his verse on Distortion to Static and his verse on Ital:The Universal Side.<BR>"I got this "Ahh Child" style/up close and personal/the first I find to violate/ I shall retal/ iate with realism for their whole locale to relate/we on point like decimal<P>What!!!

NextLev
Charter member
867 posts
Mon Nov-01-99 04:47 PM

16. "Correction.."
In response to Reply # 12

Its "I've got this Ital style up close and personal/..."<P><BR>"move the crowd and leave the microphone sparkin?/Leave you caught inside the lines of my page, beneath the margin" - Black Thought from Act Fore, TFA<P>"Be perfect within my presence or seize to exist" - Next Lev<BR>

In the changer:
Foreign Exchange - Leave It All Behind

kiloe

Sat Oct-30-99 03:21 PM

13. "No Doubt In My Mind"
In response to Reply # 0

The best verse is a tie between "Concerto of a Desparado" (see above post for a couple of good reasons) and "No Alibi".

Los79

Sun Oct-31-99 03:49 PM

14. "The Lesson, Pt. 1"
In response to Reply # 0

All I have to say is: FREESTYLE<P>Lyrically versatile<BR>My rap definition is wild<BR>I wrote graffiti as a juvenile<BR>Restin on deuce trey<BR>And used to boost gray Kangol's<BR>with 555 Soul's from the streets<BR>of the Ill-a-delphiadaic insane<BR>For monetary gain, niggaz is slain on the train<BR>It's homicide<BR>For wealth stealth missions for crack<BR>In the alleyways, where niggaz get grazed in the back<BR>From stray shots<BR>Clips with hollow tips, for your spine or<BR>Either remain calm, catch a rhyme, to your mind<BR>Niggaz ya know my style<BR>I run a--motherfuckin-rap--muk<BR>When Malik get a U-Haul truck<BR>I stand five, foot seven, in command of the party<BR>and scam like Uncle Sam<BR>I'm never caught up in the glass eye<BR>of your action cam, cause I'm down low<BR>Artistic exquisite rap pro, that get the dough<BR>It's the Philly borough dread<BR>thoroughbread for dolo<BR>I bag solo, like a nigga that boost Polo<BR>Steppin through the corridor, of metaphors<BR>Lookin over my left<BR>Shoulder the mic, still feel colder than before<BR>With this jazz shit I hit your jaw<BR>Dice Raw, get up on the mic, my young poor<BR>I be the nigga blowin up the spot on tour<BR>Surely real to the core, old school like eighty-four<BR>I never die, and raps till my lungs collapse<BR>Then relax until my knack for tracks<BR>Bring it back, on time<BR>When I rhyme my rep remain<BR>Either go against the grain or your ass is found slain<BR>I overcome, niggaz want styles then I throw you some<BR>Show you some, get on the mic and take it over son<BR>Dice Raw, the motherfuckin Wild Noid<BR>Get on the mic and perpetratin is void

Rain

Sun Oct-31-99 07:09 PM

15. "Black Thoughts Illest Verse"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo for me It's got to be:<P>My definition is a lyricist for hire<BR>My vocals a passport that never expire<BR> <BR>from the ultimate<P>I could think of more but some mother@#%#$ stole my CD's this summer. Oh well...<P>Peace out<P>Rain

Los79

Mon Nov-01-99 07:43 PM

18. "Oh and on swept away..."
In response to Reply # 0

This niggaro just flows with the river and the wrime comes out real smooth. I mean no hesitation and right on sync with the instrumental!<P>Yo, hello everybody do I need introduct'<BR>I be the mic mercenary very un.. clear<BR>to your ear the exquisite pattern that you hear<BR>It's known to be Black Butta Baby<BR>Crazy cardiac my attack on any fat rhythm<BR>that I capture kid I snatch the mic from tykes<BR>while I proceed.. and continue.. to tend to<BR>business, cause this is, how I do<BR>I'm insane, and go against the grain like freight<BR>Never on no nigga dick, cause I'm just too hip<BR>Plus I rest where niggaz pack and never act<BR>other than ill, shit is real in Phy-double<BR>So if you want trouble let's stomp<BR>My mission is to flip on comp<BR>You might aspire to be flyer than I, you must pay<BR>your dues while I bruise niggaz new for the day<BR>shall be swept away

JohnBrown
Charter member
4 posts
Tue Nov-02-99 09:47 AM

19. "best verse of all time"
In response to Reply # 0

i cant beleive no one got this question right. the obvious answer is......<BR>concerto of the desperado, the whole effin thing.<P>the level of my lyrics log manifesto<BR>my thoughts wrestle and attack with the killa instinct<BR>of a guerilla stronger then sampson <BR>without dellila<BR>my soliloquy poses <BR>the ability to just<BR>stimulate ya like the best sensimilla<BR> <BR>plus<BR> <BR>ya fold like japans footons and fans<BR>while i design the plan to make a rapper step like a pedestrian<BR>turn a mountain into grains of sand<P>but then again, pickin thoughts best verse is like tryin to pick your favorite family member. that shit is impossible.<P>anyway here are my illmatic quotes<P>"the true wealth of a nation lies not in silver or gold but in its learning, wisdom, and in the uprightness of it's sons. -Kahlil Gibran<P>"ignor mcs like beeps, scribblin freedom on pages<BR>my third eye is like pink eye seemin contageous."- Common<P>"All praise and thanks are too Allah, the lord of the Alamin. The most Gracious, the most Beneficiant. Master of the day of Judgement. You alone we worship and you alone we ask for help. Guide us to the straight way, the way of those on whom you have bestowed your grace. Not of those who have earned your anger, nor those who have gone astray. Ahmeen."

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #14774 Previous topic | Next topic