Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #13442

Subject: "Okay Artist moderation" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 07:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Okay Artist moderation"

just wanted to post and let y'all know that I probably moderate this board more than Steve. Posts not having anything to do with Okay Artists pretty much get deleted with the quickness. In case you were looking to Steve when a post of yours gets deleted, it may have easily been me.

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my 'free jolly jenkins' post got deleted...
Dec 18th 2001
RE: my 'free jolly jenkins' post got deleted...
Dec 18th 2001
LOL I didnt delete a jolly jenkins post n/m
Dec 18th 2001
clarification needed
Dec 18th 2001
RE: clarification needed
Dec 18th 2001
nice try.
Dec 18th 2001
Steve needs help
Dec 18th 2001
shutup dan!
Dec 18th 2001
no disrespect to Steve
Dec 18th 2001
disclaimer
Dec 18th 2001
yeah!!!
Dec 18th 2001

BrainChild
Charter member
25933 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 07:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my 'free jolly jenkins' post got deleted..."
In response to Reply # 0

that's okayartist related....

mcgruder is still an okayartist, right?

--me--

"...food for thought..."
- http://www.thejawn.com/brainchild

thejawn.com beat of the month -- december-
http://www.thejawn.com/realaudio/botm1201.ram
---produced by brainchild

DECEMBER IS BAMBOOZLED QUOTE MONTH:
"we's some sho nuff bammas! uh oh. uh oh uh oh.. uh oh.. here come the bammas!" - sleep 'n' eat

--me--
www.djbrainchild.com
www.gordongartrellradio.com
www.twitter.com/djbrainchild

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 07:30 AM

2. "RE: my 'free jolly jenkins' post got deleted..."
In response to Reply # 1

yes, McGruder is an Okay Artist ...

hmm, not sure how your post got deleted ... it certainly wasnt I.

ask Steve. haha

"in the luv shack with a nug sack and my rug rats who keep naps under they skull caps. pass around a bottle of sambuca and a hookah, there's even times when i look into the future. blazin' DMT with GFE. now don't be surprised when you seein' me wi

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 08:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "LOL I didnt delete a jolly jenkins post n/m"
In response to Reply # 1

Peace,
Steve
OkayArtist Board Moderator
Please Read Guidelines:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
IM:Gigfog

http://www.wordsbeatsandlife.com - CHECK IT!

Watch my slowly growing webpage Updated 12/10/01 - http://www.wam.umd.edu/~slogerfo/steve.html

Brandard
Charter member
11908 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 07:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "clarification needed"
In response to Reply # 0

[]posts about:

Jill Scott

Boondocks

Broke Diaries

Meshell

and okayartists affiliated groups:

Blackstar

Jay Z Unplugged

kosher or no?

Giving You True Lesson Moderation Since'03

Want something archived? thats what an inbox is for

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 08:13 AM

9. "RE: clarification needed"
In response to Reply # 3

posts about:
Jill Scott,
Meshell,

and any current or once featured okay player artist fare game.

discussion regarding Jill Scott's trombone player doing a show or being cute ... not game

Boondocks is ganme

Broke Diaries ... ehhhiiih ... is game. Im not gonna delete it anyway, as much as its questionable if Ang is an okay artist. We all owe a lot to her and wouldn't be here without the work she did in the past so its cool by me.

and okayartists affiliated groups:

Blackstar is game cuz Kweli. Mos Def is not.

Jay Z Unplugged, if its Roots or Jag related ... or, I suppose, if its discussion lending to Okay topics such as what does the collaboration mean for the site and for the Roots collective .. and things like that. Pure discussion about Jay does not qualify.

so you can see, ... its sensitive and lines get blurred easy. if a post is questionable, I will usually make a reply and lock it. Steve seems to do the same. Sometimes I just let it go.

speaking of go.

peace

Mosaic
Charter member
16409 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 07:34 AM

4. "nice try."
In response to Reply # 0

Steve is the Czar running the show ... he can handle the HEAT!

or not.

-----
back it up or back it up.

AbdulJaleel
Charter member
23892 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 07:48 AM

5. "Steve needs help"
In response to Reply # 0

and unless you enjoy deletig post that have no business in here, I volunteer my services. Ramadan is over and I am off of my fast from these boards

http://members.blackplanet.com/Abdul-Jaleel/

did you hear this yet?:
http://www.yamomzcrib.com/and.shit/kk_fkn_dks1.mp3

«««««comments about our cut? call us up:

in Atlanta at
(404) 978-1262 x1184

in Los Angeles at
(213) 401-2100 x6844

in San Fran at
(415) 430-2161 x2258

in Wash. DC at
(202) 756-4100 x9180

in Houston at
(713) 590-2341 x5629

in New York at
(917) 421-3901 x1725

in Chicago at
(312) 777-4001 x5423

www.instagram.com/schemeofthings

Steve
Charter member
10919 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 08:03 AM

6. "shutup dan!"
In response to Reply # 0

thing is I delete mad shit at night when dan isnt looking. I just aint around in early morning early afternoon.
But yea its usually either me or dan.
Finals and being arrested make for steve being quite busy, holiday soon watch out now

Peace,
Steve
OkayArtist Board Moderator
Please Read Guidelines:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
IM:Gigfog

http://www.wordsbeatsandlife.com - CHECK IT!

Watch my slowly growing webpage Updated 12/10/01 - http://www.wam.umd.edu/~slogerfo/steve.html

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 08:06 AM

8. "no disrespect to Steve"
In response to Reply # 0

I know he is busy with school and that im online all day here in the office. I just do it to help him out. He's got class, and girls, and *uh hem*, other stuff that is far more important.

Also, its really a marketing issue that im not going to get into right now ... more that than a "breaking the rules" issue.

aoxomoxoa
Charter member
2708 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 08:15 AM

10. "disclaimer"
In response to Reply # 0

as long as Steve is moderator, we will not need any more help managing this board .. so don't ask.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Tue Dec-18-01 08:48 AM

11. "yeah!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

ha ha

i can't believe he/she said that shit:

"hoes to the left, hoes to the right..5 hoes this time, 5 hoes this time"
-ludacris

"Men are just as likely to get custody of their children as mothers have."
-Ncat

we woulda been playing tooshort on the way, "bitch betta have my money!"
-zioness

"The latest in blue screen technology, interacting with the screen saver from the next edition of Windows, is not a Breakthrough video."
-bshelly

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #13442 Previous topic | Next topic