Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #10704

Subject: "invisible bully like the fruits?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Fri May-31-02 09:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"invisible bully like the fruits?"

well i couldn't take it no more. member that "oww, my nose!!!" brady bunch epsiode? or the "moms favorite vase, she always said 'don't play ball in the house'" they would toss and turn in dreams, to hear those words uttered?

well, this "roots and clones" thing was bothering me. so i did waht any self respecting wu fan would do.

proach a nigga.

kinda. mal is tight with boi (dog thing), i know dre. so i 2-wayed him. and asked what's up? (me i thought it was a snipe at nappy roots.....but i wanted to make sure.)

FRUITS AND CLONES.

yes once again this group gets victimized by insulting words that sound like their name.

thank god we weren't named "the wussies"

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Fruit Of The Loom To Sue
May 31st 2002
RE: Fruit Of The Loom To Sue
Jun 02nd 2002
RE: invisible bully like the fruits?
Jun 01st 2002
Jun 01st 2002
but the real question is
Jun 01st 2002
word
Jun 02nd 2002
      hahaha
Jun 02nd 2002
And there you have it.
Jun 01st 2002
fruits and clones
Jun 01st 2002
*nods. acts like he knows what ?uest is talking about*
Jun 01st 2002
yeah....
Jun 01st 2002
      RE: yeah....
Jun 02nd 2002
           ah, is that what the fuck we're talking about.
Jun 03rd 2002
sounds like massage oil
Jun 02nd 2002
RE: sounds like massage oil
Jun 02nd 2002
toofunkymonkey
Jun 03rd 2002
Dre....diss somebody...*giggle*
Jun 03rd 2002
Outkast aint Club Nuveau!
Jun 03rd 2002
Somebody enlighten me
Jun 03rd 2002
RE: Somebody enlighten me
Jun 03rd 2002
      RE: WOW
Jun 03rd 2002
      RE: WOW
Jun 03rd 2002
           Mpozi...
Jun 03rd 2002
                RE: Mpozi...
Jun 04th 2002
                Not much
Jun 04th 2002
                     RE: Not much
Jun 04th 2002
                RE: Mpozi...
Jun 04th 2002
      Still...
Jun 04th 2002
           RE: Still...
Jun 04th 2002
                RE: Still...
Jun 04th 2002
communication
Jun 04th 2002

Brandard
Charter member
11908 posts
Fri May-31-02 11:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Fruit Of The Loom To Sue"
In response to Reply # 0

[]along w/ the Chicaquite Banana Lady, that sheep and George Lucas in a class action suit

Giving You True Lesson Moderation Since'03

Want something archived? thats what an inbox is for

queenisisdivine
Charter member
7138 posts
Sun Jun-02-02 01:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "RE: Fruit Of The Loom To Sue"
In response to Reply # 1

dddd

<---Classic #BreakingBad Moment!

WWW.ANDREADWILSON.COM
IG|@dreathegiant
twitter|@ihearthiphop

NkiRu
Charter member
1297 posts
Sat Jun-01-02 12:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: invisible bully like the fruits?"
In response to Reply # 0

>thank god we weren't named "the wussies"

lol.

----------------------------------------
"Life is 10 percent condition and 90 percent response -- that's something my father used to say -- it's not the situation, it's how you respond to it." - Mos Def

Belief
Charter member
18463 posts
Sat Jun-01-02 04:36 AM

3. "RE: invisible bully like the fruits?"
In response to Reply # 0

Well muh deah (granny, for those unfamiliar with suthin' terms!) always said, you know you're doing something right when people talk about you...sort of a ass backwards compliment...y'all are on those niccas' minds.

down on the upside

Vivrant
Charter member
8151 posts
Sat Jun-01-02 05:38 AM

4. "but the real question is"
In response to Reply # 0

how does dre feel now?

i mean....like if phonte called me and was like "yo i was listening to your song and you said something about "i punish my little brother"....what did you mean by that?"

i'd tell him i want dissing, but then id get off the phone like "damn he thought i dissed them! were they about to dis me because of that?"

you know what im saying? i wonder if dre thinks the roots were all ready to fire back.

(i promise im not trying to start no shit)

The Words - Audible Silence
coming soon to mp3.com

SPEC
Charter member
5181 posts
Sun Jun-02-02 07:26 AM

11. "word"
In response to Reply # 4

like.. I dissed the shit out of you on my album and now I'm thinking of sly ways to deny it.. like "nah I said 'vibrant'"

http://www.specboogie.com

http://www.specboogie.com

Vivrant
Charter member
8151 posts
Sun Jun-02-02 12:55 PM

14. "hahaha"
In response to Reply # 11

we still gotta come to loosie studios and do some work.

someday...before june is over.

The Words - Audible Silence
coming soon to mp3.com

DarkStar
Charter member
20015 posts
Sat Jun-01-02 06:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "And there you have it."
In response to Reply # 0

-

http://thelastdaysofrussell.bandcamp.com (soon - "Election Day on Monster Island")

codewarrior
Charter member
1860 posts
Sat Jun-01-02 07:47 AM

6. "fruits and clones"
In response to Reply # 0

makes no sense in the context of the song lyrics in my opinion but yeah okay. Glad to see it was all cleared up

dro
Charter member
7201 posts
Sat Jun-01-02 12:14 PM

7. "*nods. acts like he knows what ?uest is talking about*"
In response to Reply # 0

was there a "dis" track by outkast against the roots and/or nappy roots or some shit like that?

peace
mike

http://theonlyblogthatmatters.wordpress.com
http://www.last.fm/user/mdrohan/

3xKrazy
Charter member
21582 posts
Sat Jun-01-02 12:19 PM

8. "yeah...."
In response to Reply # 7

im totally lost as well.

century89
Charter member
2332 posts
Sun Jun-02-02 12:25 AM

9. "RE: yeah...."
In response to Reply # 8

land of a million drums...there's a line that says something about fruit and clones, mad heads around these parts thought it said roots and clones, it didn't. blah, blah, blah

2001 - Patriots
2003 - Patriots
2004 - Red Sox
2004 - Patriots
2007 - Red Sox
2007-08 - Celtics
2010-11 - Bruins?

illnes
Charter member
6363 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 10:37 AM

19. "ah, is that what the fuck we're talking about."
In response to Reply # 9

nice to know.

Peace,
Illnes

Dove
Charter member
32915 posts
Sun Jun-02-02 08:46 AM

12. "sounds like massage oil"
In response to Reply # 0

dovely divine
~s.l.o.c.~

http://UrbLife.com
http://twitter.com/FlyLikeDove
http://instagram.com/FlyLikeDove
http://Facebook.com/FlyLikeDove
http://flylikedove.contently.com

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Sun Jun-02-02 11:46 AM

13. "RE: sounds like massage oil"
In response to Reply # 12

biggie smalls speech impediment strikes again!!!

invisible bully like the roots!
lol

it wouldn't have been so confusing if he didn't mention freestyling in the next few lines... that was a bit of a bug out on first listen or so....

i haven't heard this new tounge twist yet, but it's funny how these things happen...

PoZi (;=

toofunkymonkey

Mon Jun-03-02 07:15 AM

15. "RE: invisible bully like the fruits?"
In response to Reply # 0

YO

PHANTOM MENACE INVISIBLE BULLY TO CLONES

ATTACK

WHATEVA

sundasill
Charter member
13011 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 07:28 AM

16. "Dre....diss somebody...*giggle*"
In response to Reply # 0

[]

Yall share dat- Badu
N E E KeeP Makin music

From this point, I vow to

Donn L
Charter member
13902 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 07:44 AM

17. "Outkast aint Club Nuveau!"
In response to Reply # 16

BH
Charter member
243 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 09:42 AM

18. "Somebody enlighten me"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been MIA. I am lost. What's the origin to this post?

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 02:28 PM

20. "RE: Somebody enlighten me"
In response to Reply # 18

te ORIGINAL origin to the topic was the Craig Mack "Flavor in Your Ear" remix- where Biggie says "invisible bully like the gooch..."
which people took to say invisible bully like the Roots etc... then he mentions freestyling which furthur made people think he was referring to the roots/riw etc...
it was a pretty hot topic for a week or so before clarity arrived.. and this is pre-okayplayer, and not far enough into the world wide web world for word (for or against the theory) to spread...

PoZi (;=

digabomb
Charter member
2413 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 04:04 PM

21. "RE: WOW"
In response to Reply # 20

my boy was telling me about this just yesterday as i played that record....and i thought it made sense, for all that "one more chance" spoofing in "what they do". but, then i thought the remix had come out b4 "what they do".....thanx for clearing out the confusion.
now enlighten me please...
...invisible like the "GOOCH"?

?

peace.
r.

R.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 04:20 PM

22. "RE: WOW"
In response to Reply # 21

why do i suddenly feel like a very, very, old man....

the gooch!?!?!?

how can i explain this one... am i really that old?

the gooch man, you know... the walk on character that never walked on (unless it was on somebody's grill), the teacher in charlie brown (at least you heard the voice), an invisible ripple underwater that causes a tidal wave?

anyway, long ago, when child stars were still all the rage, when inter-racial adoption (and the "hil-ari-ous calamities" that ensued) were still considered prime time fodder... there was a show called "Different Strokes"...

pre-crack smokin todd bridges and pre-all sorts of bad made for tv movies (actually during sort of- counting "The Kid From Left Field", a guest appearance on "Buck Rogers" and the sort of play on interracial adoption (and the aforementioned "hil-ari-ous calamities" that ensued) "On the Right Track) Gary Coleman's greatest fear was the Gooch... some dude that was always whippin' somebody's a**, but never (as far as i know) getting any camera time...

hence, invisible bully like the gooch...

of course biggie also said- "Blow up like the World Trade Center"... but that's a different song...

PoZi (;=

Improv
Charter member
85480 posts
Mon Jun-03-02 05:40 PM

23. "Mpozi..."
In response to Reply # 22

You're been hanging around us and Ahmir too long...hahaha

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”---George Carlin

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 10:21 AM

27. "RE: Mpozi..."
In response to Reply # 23

prov, nice guyana flag there

what u know about Essequibo?

got a friend from round them parts...

PoZi (;=

Improv
Charter member
85480 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 10:50 AM

30. "Not much"
In response to Reply # 27

But my family on my mother's side lives there. I heard it was nice. My uncle use to run the boats on the river (Speaking of which, you ain't live until you go on one of their speedboats with no lifejackets).

I wanna visit Guyana soon and hit the waterfalls...

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”---George Carlin

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 10:58 AM

31. "RE: Not much"
In response to Reply # 30

yeah, a coworker was raised there...
it's on my favorite place list for 3 reasons-

Walter Rodney
Linton Kwesi Johnson
Kool-Aid

PoZi (;=

Mpozi
Charter member
1629 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 10:33 AM

28. "RE: Mpozi..."
In response to Reply # 23

i still remember the first time i heard that... i had the Flavor remix maxisingle tape- the one where if you flipped the reverse switch on your walkman (i was living large back then- my walkman had a rewind button, AND a reverse switch!) and it would allmost loop the track...
anyway, i was etting on the 18 bus when that lyric hit- i got yelled at by the bus driver cause i stopped in mid transpass swipe to rewind the tape and listen to it again...
i was half mad at biggie (for "dissing" the roots) and half semi-stoked that the group had made enough noise to warrant mention in a song of that (i hate to say caliber) level of noteriety...

PoZi (;=

all at once now though!

"Now the world don't move
To the beat of just one drum
What might be right to you..."

ya'll know the rest!

BH
Charter member
243 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 02:44 AM

24. "Still..."
In response to Reply # 20

Thanks Mpozi but how does Kast fit into all this?

codewarrior
Charter member
1860 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 04:00 AM

25. "RE: Still..."
In response to Reply # 24

outkasts new joint "land of a thousand drums" off of scooby soundtrack has a line that I thought said "roots and clones" i made a post about it thinking outkast was giving props to the roots for their song clones talking about some wack-ass mc's, some other heads thought it was a dis, now we all know the lyric in question did not say roots and clones it said fruits and clones or whatever so no big deal next question

BH
Charter member
243 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 05:01 AM

26. "RE: Still..."
In response to Reply # 25

Thanks. That was what I missed.

L_O_Quent
Charter member
15348 posts
Tue Jun-04-02 10:44 AM

29. "communication"
In response to Reply # 0

in invaluable tool

would have saved many a useless beef (c) life supported Cube

The offspring :-D

PSN & XBL: LOQuent

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #10704 Previous topic | Next topic