Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #10061

Subject: "there is NO way in hell" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 03:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"there is NO way in hell"
Thu Sep-26-02 03:55 AM

Ok I got albums from all okay artists (*Tracy and Mercedes, I can’t find the new album at all anywhere, and check ur email). Been here since it was just a roots site, but I know I’m still gonna get flack so fuck it, I’ll “take one for the team”

My statement : “there is no way in hell, if I were an okay artist, that I would not be talking to y’all”

Last time I checked, no okay artist went multiplatinum within the last 5 years. So why are they missing out on this good marketing tool right here? Let’s say lay z boi was an artist. I’d be on here trying to get d’angelo’s audience, comm’s audience, dilated’s, root’s, jazzy’s etc..., I’d be on here trying to get all those audiences to check for my shit.

Not just when my album pops out be on some “thank you” and break out type steeze. If I had a single out, I’d be like, so “how y’all like the single? Don’t like it? What do y’all wanna hear? Or just "hey what’s up?”
I ain’t singling anyone out. Some artists do pop up on here and be like hello, sup. I’d be like one of those artists cause all our artist could stand to sell a few more records.

I mean it’s like if you ain’t using the tools u have, one being this fan website, u kinda shooting urself in the foot. I’m more apt to buy the jazzies new album even though I haven’t heard it, cause they actually pop up on here and talk from time to time not just the customary “thank you” when the album drops. That’s just me though. If I didn’t sell as many records as I would have hoped but didn’t even talk on my own website, I gotta bear a lil blame my self.

I’d be like “well this site is one of the reasons I sold more records, majority of the people here buy my records. I’m gonna be on TV tomorrow and on tour….*picks up phone* yo Dan, Bkyle, I don’t know the actual dates but I’m gonna be on yadda yadda yadda, call my manager get the dates and post them." Then I’d have a laptop, palm pilot, or something and be like :

lay z boi(ok)
Watch me tonight. I’m touring, let me know what y’all think about the new songs, what chall wanna hear on the tour.

Not saying y’all would plan my shit but I’d take it into consideration. I know I tour and this and that, but I’m not TOO busy (got some of y'all with that one already) to network on this site every now and again. i would actually see it as part of my job. promoting me and my albums.

If I’m not getting played on Mtv or BET, I got endless amount of outlet right here. Especially if I want Y’ALL to buy my shit.

Now I know a LOT of ya’ll are about to rip me a new one and jump to the artists’ defense (although there is no need cause I want to see our artists do well) but let’s debate this civil like mmkay? All the customary “dick riding” "fuck you lay, ur’ an asshole", responses will get ignored. Come at me real. Don’t need any name-calling. Ok discuss:

song line: About this lady, I tell you this one. She lookin good she gon get done, I swear to God, c'mon, let me tell you sumt'n

i can't believe he/she said that shit:

"What Mo'nique didn't tell you big broads is that skinny girls can crack jokes too...By the time I finished freeing Willy...Runnybuns moved to another seat."
-raina

okpre_atl@hotmail.com http://reunion.kodefendant.com

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
ooooh....
Sep 26th 2002
Picking your posts, eh Tinky?
Sep 26th 2002
not just posting but for example
Sep 26th 2002
wow tink
Sep 27th 2002
      just woke up
Sep 27th 2002
      What's wrong with the Muppets?
Sep 28th 2002
Sep 29th 2002
                UP
Sep 30th 2002
new breed of okayplayers
Sep 26th 2002
but j, that's like hecklers in a crowd, u don't
Sep 26th 2002
RE: new breed of okayplayers
Sep 26th 2002
i just want to know what they think about
Sep 26th 2002
LOL! n/m...
Sep 26th 2002
so U stole the shoe?
Sep 26th 2002
co-sign
Sep 26th 2002
kinda off subject but
Sep 26th 2002
i thought hub was so old
Sep 29th 2002
RE: co-sign
Sep 29th 2002
Angieee needs to come back.
Sep 26th 2002
right!
Oct 01st 2002
i doubt VERY seriously that that happens
Oct 02nd 2002
RE: there is NO way in hell
Sep 26th 2002
well then if i were an oka and i wanted to sell
Sep 26th 2002
I have to say
Sep 26th 2002
thanks, maybe i won't get flack
Sep 26th 2002
Sep 26th 2002
u have to be a complete
Sep 26th 2002
      RE: u have to be a complete
Sep 27th 2002
      monique
Sep 27th 2002
      RE: u have to be a complete
Sep 27th 2002
Sep 26th 2002
but then i wouldn't want a site of yes men either
Sep 26th 2002
Sep 26th 2002
RE: Ev
Oct 02nd 2002
~~~~~~WHAT FLACK~~~~~~
Sep 27th 2002
To all OkayArtist
Sep 27th 2002
how did i miss this?
Oct 01st 2002
un hunh...
Sep 27th 2002
did i miss the leno announcement?
Sep 28th 2002
could not have put it better
Sep 29th 2002
basically.
Sep 29th 2002
      exactly it's people here using this site better than
Sep 29th 2002
*breaking out pen*
Sep 29th 2002
but to play devils advocate
Sep 29th 2002
back satan! lol
Sep 30th 2002
I admit
Sep 30th 2002
      that's cool
Sep 30th 2002
           RE: that's cool
Sep 30th 2002
                agreeing...
Oct 02nd 2002
                     so if you were a roots fan before
Oct 09th 2002
RE: but to play devils advocate
Sep 30th 2002
simply and wonderfully put
Sep 30th 2002
ur an asshole
Sep 30th 2002
ha! and if you gained
Sep 30th 2002
i hear you
Oct 01st 2002
well i think i raised some good points and
Oct 01st 2002
RE: well i think i raised some good points and
Oct 08th 2002
p'raverbs was here.
Oct 01st 2002
Oct 02nd 2002
hmmm u know what date this was? they have
Oct 02nd 2002
9/9 n/m
Oct 02nd 2002
i read that and thought the same thing
Oct 08th 2002
      that proves a point
Oct 08th 2002
      and did you read the explain what's so grat about jfn p
Oct 08th 2002
Oct 02nd 2002
no doubt
Oct 02nd 2002
1st Time Caller Long Time Listener
Oct 02nd 2002
Oct 03rd 2002
Oct 03rd 2002
Oct 03rd 2002
If I was a struggling artist...
Oct 02nd 2002
note, i JUST found the jazzyfatnastees last night
Oct 03rd 2002

TinkyWinky
Charter member
2726 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 03:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "ooooh...."
In response to Reply # 0

nice one, lay

i wanna see this!

:::::::::::::
"And I know what the fuck an option quarterback is. He's the black QB under six feet that ends up being converted to wide receiver once he's selected on day two of the NFL draft because he can't hit the ocean from the edge of a boat."

--

Improv
Charter member
85480 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Picking your posts, eh Tinky?"
In response to Reply # 1

Long time..you know the rest.

But yeah Laz...you have a point. I mean good is having a marketing tool, if you ain't gonna use it. It's most ?uest up in this piece.

I mean it's not that important to me, but once again this site is a marketing tool...

Now on the flip, you have some crazy and really ignit mofos on this here board (and others as well, but I'll stick to this...). I can see why they won't post. *shrugs*

I'm not an american. I'm a New Yorker...

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”---George Carlin

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "not just posting but for example"
In response to Reply # 4

as much time as we spend on this board, i shouldn't be flipping the tv and see an OKA on oh drama. lol and it was n't posted about here. i ain't blaming or nothing, but if it was me that was the artists. y'all would know i was gonna be on oh drama.

also just for clarification, (not you prov, but to everyone) i'm not "crying, why won't they talk to us?" just asking why they aren't using this marketing tool to not only push the new single, but push themselves so people will cop that album, next album whatever, if i'm doing a broadway show, in a movie, etc....

song line: About this lady, I tell you this one. She lookin good she gon get done, I swear to God, c'mon, let me tell you sumt'n

"What Mo'nique didn't tell you big broads is that skinny girls can crack jokes too...By the time I finished freeing Willy...Runnybuns moved to another seat."
-raina

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

qoolquest
Charter member
10251 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 03:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
25. "wow tink"
In response to Reply # 1

methought you passed out after muppets/weezer colabo.
lol

check the resume

organix-93
(from the ground up)-94
do you want more?!!???!-95
illadelph halflife-96
things fall apart-99
(the legendary)-99
the roots come alive-99
phrenology-2002
the tipping point-2004
(the roots present...) 2004
homegrown: the beginne

TinkyWinky
Charter member
2726 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 09:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
29. "just woke up"
In response to Reply # 25

but too late for the show last week. i'll catch you on the phrenology tour though.

:::::::::::::
"And I know what the fuck an option quarterback is. He's the black QB under six feet that ends up being converted to wide receiver once he's selected on day two of the NFL draft because he can't hit the ocean from the edge of a boat."

--

Ziad
Charter member
10800 posts
Sat Sep-28-02 02:50 PM

31. "What's wrong with the Muppets?"
In response to Reply # 25

I know they could have picked a better group to collaborate with ....but damnit ....Animal's gotta keep bread on the table!

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 08:14 AM

33. "."
In response to Reply # 31

BillGates
Charter member
8848 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 04:18 AM

42. "UP"
In response to Reply # 33

for the cause of the people. Free the music!

to those about to rock...we salute you.

J_Sun
Charter member
33508 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 03:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "new breed of okayplayers"
In response to Reply # 0

These days it seems like there are people round here that log on just to diss the okayartists. I don't wanna turn this into a "remeber the good ol days" post. But some folks are just mean spirted towards the artists. They are people with feelings too.

I agree with what you're saying tho. I love the fact that ?uest comes here on a regular. But based on some of the abuse he takes, I'm suprised he hasn't quit posting too.

"I say motherfucker 100 times a day, it keeps my teeth white" - intrigue516

"I like to eat fat ones, too. Can I, huh? Please? I'll pay you a quarter." - janey

"my eyes are bloodshot like a crip set" - Copywrite

"With cannabis, you can have one joint and two people, and you get higher than if one of you smokes it. It just works that way. And if you share it with six people, you'll still get higher than if just one person smokes it himself.
There's a real gentle ritual, in that it gets passed from hand to hand with the gesture of "I'm passing something precious, and we're sharing communion with it." You can look around and recognize yourself in every eye you look at. And you begin to realize that it's not some once-in-a-lifetime revelation you get to experience the One, but it's the daily bread- it's what makes it possible for us to make it on the planet, that we can look around and catch somebody's eye and know that we're all really in this together" - "Cannabis Spirituality" by Stephen Gaskin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes I contemplate moving to a warmer place, then the lake and skyline give me a warm embrace" © Common

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:02 AM

3. "but j, that's like hecklers in a crowd, u don't"
In response to Reply # 2

stop performing. you just perform in atl, chicago rather than tupelo, MS and prattville , AL. you still reach those that are down with you.

that's how i feel. ignore the haters. i mean we can tell the folks that "make a living" out of dissing all things okp anyway, so step right over those.

-raina

Chibueze
Charter member
24566 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:05 AM

5. "RE: new breed of okayplayers"
In response to Reply # 2

I was gonna say, inspite of the artists being "busy" with tours or whatever (they need time for their fam too, since they're rarely home)...but, lay, I do here you tho...but cats in here are quick to abuse an artist calling by out the way they dress, or what they were thinking when the did so so and so track, or why they sounded wack on stage. But as fans we DO have a right to voice our opinions on the cats we're supporting. Sometimes the artists can get too sensitive. I mean, shit, I think I read sumthin' on the boards yesterday about a couple of artists threatening to leave OKP, Wassup with dat......

Brandard
Charter member
11908 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:07 AM

6. "i just want to know what they think about"
In response to Reply # 0

[]my new shoes

is that too much to ask for?

Giving You True Lesson Moderation Since'03

Want something archived? thats what an inbox is for

Chibueze
Charter member
24566 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:09 AM

7. "LOL! n/m..."
In response to Reply # 6

*^*

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:25 AM

9. "so U stole the shoe?"
In response to Reply # 6

movie line: they wanna be all profes...talking bout conditions, conditions this conditio..CONDITIONS FOR WHAT?...it's their manager...well they manager gonna get them fucked up, they act like i'm getting paid.....

-raina

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:28 AM

10. "co-sign"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Sep-26-02 04:36 AM

black thought has posted twice. and his post about dundee in the archives is the best post ever. hub reads the boards. mercedes and ?uest do too. but how about once a month, everyone posts. not all at the same time, just once a month. that's not hard and doesn't take any time at all. plus, it makes the site better.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:30 AM

11. "kinda off subject but"
In response to Reply # 10

this site would jump 10 nothces in the coolness meter if hub posted on the regular. lol i don't know why, but that would be a gas

movie line: they wanna be all profes...talking bout conditions, conditions this conditio..CONDITIONS FOR WHAT?...it's their manager...well they manager gonna get them fucked up, they act like i'm getting paid.....

-raina

Smingers
Charter member
3882 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 05:29 PM

37. "i thought hub was so old"
In response to Reply # 11

that when he was a kid, they hadn't even invented the telegraph machine. now if that's true, how's he gonna use a computer?

"...let my children hear music - for God's sake - they have had enough noise."
Charles Mingus

Smingers
Charter member
3882 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 05:30 PM

38. "RE: co-sign"
In response to Reply # 10

black thought's posts are out of control. i can't even believe how great they are . . . hopping on a trolley? good god . . .

"...let my children hear music - for God's sake - they have had enough noise."
Charles Mingus

notnac
Charter member
1607 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:31 AM

12. "Angieee needs to come back."
In response to Reply # 0

She taught folks how to use computers...

UrbanCowgRRL
Charter member
8764 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 05:52 PM

52. "right!"
In response to Reply # 12

she'd be in her lil ass apartment (wasn't that the office?) making common post
and getting folks hip'd to the boards
late night angiee was the best...

i can't imagine anybody wantin' to chill w/ bkyle while
he posts up all his damn exclamation points and sends
numerous inbox's to all the okayadore'd ladies
*ducks lightenin' bolt*

much love,
Kyle

if you got beef: http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html

"but why oh why do you feel you need to take over the world when you already rule? " ~ calamity june

and thats that.

much love,
Kyle

Detroit..Let's GO!!! May 12th Dilla Walk for Lupus...Belle Isle...

http://walk.lupusresearch.org/goto/blackeyedskeez

Even a Dollar can HELP..

http://www.myspace.com/jedikyle
http://www.detroitderbygirls.com/

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 01:36 AM

54. "i doubt VERY seriously that that happens"
In response to Reply # 12

Tv line: do you know he had ashy feet?

"ok ATL, we'd like to honor the memory of atlanta's own lisa left eye lopez of LTC!!"
-Tenn State University's band announcer

Menphyel7
Charter member
36436 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah I see what you saying. I mean I would use this marketing tool but what if for examples.
They ain't computer literate.
They don't have time.
or
They say something to piss the fans off and don't want to buy thier records.
I mean some folks are scared and don't want to jepordize pissing someone off and starting a boycott and saying the wrong thing. I remember way back one thing said by Danja Mowf, I think I could be wrong, about him and Missy started a little uproar.
I mean I love the way Quest comes on here and talks to us on just about everything but he has said some things they can piss some senstive people off,even though he has good reason when he comes foul at someone, Some artsist don't want to talk that chance cause they might not be able to articulate on computer like they do in Song.

I hope you see my point.

http://twitter.com/Menphyel7

"F you Im better in tune with the Infinite"

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 05:43 AM

17. "well then if i were an oka and i wanted to sell"
In response to Reply # 13

more records, guess what?

i'd make time and get a lil pc savy

it doesn't take much to us a pc. and as far as time goes, well if you don't have time to promote ur work, then........

what do you do with an album after you drop it? u promote it and tour. this is promotion. why sign up for and pay for (or get paid for) a fan website and not use it?

well i guess it is getting used with the individual artists sites , but just speaking for me. i'd be keeping my ass in you all's eyesight

-raina

kmycoolness
Charter member
47 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:41 AM

14. "I have to say"
In response to Reply # 0

That is this a good ass post. I know that you are gonna get flack with it as well. I have to agree with you on all points. I being one that haven’t' been here from the start but for a while now don't get why some artist on here are "on here". I know that when I was in IL I really didn't come to the site and check different things because I had pees that kept me in the loop. Now I moved to MS (don't ask) and I am here all the time not that I say much but there is no interaction. I mean I know you are not going to do what I say i.e. can you come to New Orleans and bring everone you know more often cuase I am in desparate need of serious a concert!! But just to say what's up? What y’all want me to do as a suggestion.. And if you don't use it fine but if you use oh how much more I would be supportive and tell the world about it. Not only because I enjoy your music but because you used an I idea that came form me a peon so I gotta give you props to get me some..
All in all this is a good post and if it could be like that the world as we know it would be a better place. Not kidding.
Well that is my .02
Good day

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 10:12 AM

20. "thanks, maybe i won't get flack"
In response to Reply # 14

-raina

"i don't believe it at all. i need to see some evidence.
and the word of the Scooby Gang is not good enough. (no offense)"
-hotthyng76 regarding LB and RHC

revelations1
Charter member
1101 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 04:42 AM

15. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

Everybody isn't as computer saavy as some of us.

"No I do not weep at the world. I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife."

-Zora Neale Hurston-

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 05:33 AM

16. "u have to be a complete"
In response to Reply # 15

idoit living in the stone age to not know how to go to a website nowadays.

we can work all the equipment in a studio but can't type a sentence and click enter...or use a phone? c'mon now
turntables, mixers, cellphones, two ways,

-raina

Monique
Charter member
2511 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 03:18 AM

24. "RE: u have to be a complete"
In response to Reply # 16

THERE IS HOPE FOR EVERYONE!!!!! TO USE A COMPUTER!

DANG,TO MANYSS REGRET I CAN DO SUMMMA BASICS.
DANG,TO MANYSS JOY I CAN DO SOME BASICS!

Done done so good,wrote a child's storybook,now commisioned,summoned,hell just asked to do one for another child!
WITH PAY!!!!!

Hmmm,maybe those are my future website fans,book signing fans,karaoke fans,poetry reading fans! MOTHERS! BOOK BINDERS!(one read my storybook,now creating for a family member)!

I HEAR THEM NOW! WE LOVE YOU KRYSTABALLA! YES! AND I LOVE YOU!

NELLY: I'm Humble In Life Taking Nothing For Granted

AFRICA: www.bbcnews.com

THE BROKER: John Grisham

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 08:11 AM

27. "monique"
In response to Reply # 24

uhhhh thanks u kinda lost me after "computer" though lol

-raina

"i don't believe it at all. i need to see some evidence.
and the word of the Scooby Gang is not good enough. (no offense)"
-hotthyng76 regarding LB and RHC

revelations1
Charter member
1101 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 03:43 AM

26. "RE: u have to be a complete"
In response to Reply # 16

Yes but everyone does not like to use computers. Okayplayer is very different from a lot of other websites but technically it is almost like a fanclub if you ask me. None of the artists are obligated to reach out to heads. Yes, they should but they are not obligated to. It doesn't necessarily make them ungrateful. For me, I am content with the updates, networking and feedback from the writers and artists who do keep in contact with okp's.

"No I do not weep at the world. I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife."

-Zora Neale Hurston-

massoul
Member since Jul 23rd 2002
2031 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 06:50 AM

18. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

I see where you're coming from. I agree with you. If artists did post more often they might have better sales, crowd attendance or whatever. But I also think that we the fans play a role also. It may not be that the artists don't have time to post, because I think that may be the last reason, but they may be discouraged. Prime example: how many post have we seen about ppl dissin' Common because of what he wants to wear? Now alot of us could care less about what he wears, it's about his music, and I'm sure he knows that, but it may be discouraging to see ppl calling you names and stuff like that. So I think it goes both ways. The artists need to participate more and acknowledge fans on the site, and the fans need to stop hatin' so much.

<----Queen of Late Passes
www.detgirlnyworld.com

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 06:52 AM

19. "but then i wouldn't want a site of yes men either"
In response to Reply # 18

i stand by the ish i do or wear, so if soembody else don't liek it, i'm either gonna defend it or say that topic is not up for discussion. can't do nothing BUT respect that

-raina

Ever
Charter member
1191 posts
Thu Sep-26-02 06:17 PM

21. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

I see what your saying. SOme artist have posted. Rakaa, Black Thought, Hub i think. Mercedes post from time to time (but i love their diaries, its one of the reason i got the album). Questlove on the regular (reasons sometimes why i log on). I have to give them the benifit of the doubt cause some are bussy, and some like Evidence dont own a computer. Some of them might have just been pissed of by people who post ignorant things.

But damn yall area able to flip beats on a mpc, and work a professional counsel but cant post a "thank you" "whats up" line on a pc.

I bet some of the artist have their reason though.

"you know i rep LA city"-Amad Jamal

"some war with god and some with the beast, some war for war but we war for peace"- Rakaa Iriscience

"the villain, trained by the hero for killing, now you twist 20 dollar bills up to see buildings"- Rakaa

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:48 AM

55. "RE: Ev"
In response to Reply # 21

Evidence dont own a computer.

I've actually had him reply 2 one of posts. It was in regards 2 that sick ass Dialated song on the Lyricist Lounge 2 album. He was pretty much tellin me how it all came 2gether and why it wasnt on one of their albums.

I felt...(*sniff*)...special.

Monique
Charter member
2511 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 02:17 AM

22. "~~~~~~WHAT FLACK~~~~~~"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Sep-27-02 02:18 AM

"FLACK"~~~~NOT FROM HERE!!!!

THA POST>>>>>>"RIGHT ON,RIGHT ON"!

No "riding",but Mr.Ahmir seems to have a grueling schedule,but somehow interact with his fans from time to time.

I have visited many artist websites,Alicia Keys,Shad Moss(Bow Wow) has some type of interaction with the fans.

When I become famous I never want to be so busy I cannot at least give a shout out to my adoringggg fans.Fans are fickle,they come and go,but I will try to say a collective hi often as possible!

I HEAR THEM NOW! WE LOVE YOU KRYSTABALLA!!! I LOVE YOU TOO!

"REPRESENT DAT"!

NELLY: I'm Humble In Life Taking Nothing For Granted

AFRICA: www.bbcnews.com

THE BROKER: John Grisham

Cre8
Charter member
17379 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 02:47 AM

23. "To all OkayArtist"
In response to Reply # 0

me me me me meeee
*running fingers over piano*

Have I told yall lately...that I love yall
Have I told yall there's no other artist above yall
Ya fill my heart with gladness
take away all my sadness
ease my troubles that's what yall do

Food/Drink PlayersCookbook Info:
To help: L9 Health Clinic http://www.commongroundrelief.org/node/242
DEADLINE: November 22, 2006
Please submit your recipes to playerscookbook@yahoo.com or inbox and don't forget PHOTOS.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 01:32 AM

49. "how did i miss this?"
In response to Reply # 23

"ok ATL, we'd like to honor the memory of atlanta's own lisa left eye lopez of LTC!!"

LoveJonez
Charter member
28186 posts
Fri Sep-27-02 09:31 AM

28. "un hunh..."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Sep-27-02 09:32 AM

great post...and I agree with you...

but I guess,them not logging on more, keeps down the "fanatic" count...

I believe that IF they do log on...THIS site should be like home...and their posts would be full of good, wholesome replies...dealing with their art..and our appreciation for it...

but u KNOW it's gonna be some

"Hey D'angelo"...I love u...can I be your next Angie Stone!

or

"Black Thought"...where can I send u this CD the I want to collab with u on...

or

"Tracy"...U have a fat ass...

or

?uest...tell D I said Hi!

U know, bullshit like that.....

other than that....I would like to know that we are appreciated as okayplayers..by our artists...

good concept

archive please...

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sat Sep-28-02 01:28 AM

30. "did i miss the leno announcement?"
In response to Reply # 0

-raina

T2daP
Charter member
9061 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 08:03 AM

32. "could not have put it better"
In response to Reply # 0

for the artist that don't have computers y can't they just stop pass the office from time to time just to see how shit works and drop a few lines......if raphael and joi figured out how to tap into there fanbase by posting on boards then i'm quite sure the okp artist can do so too......okp started a trend that needs to be carried out by the artist on here and not just ?uest

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aja (trianglist extrodinare) © Foley

2003 where will it be?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Guaranteed To Kill Your Post or Your Money Back

Science_Fiction
Charter member
42096 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 05:18 PM

34. "basically."
In response to Reply # 32

this is the most powerful tool they have.
moreso than any media they could put out.
it should be exploited.

what do you think im on okp for?!

HEY EVERYONE! GO TO MY SITE! CHECK OUT MY MUSIC! BUY MY ALBUM NEXT Y EAR! JOIN MY FAN CLUB!
(i bet you someone goes too. see how easy it is?)

With all due respect...
ask around.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 05:27 PM

35. "exactly it's people here using this site better than"
In response to Reply # 34

the ok artists themselves

i wouldn't talk about how my label ain't promoting me if i'm "too busy" to promote my self ya dig?

mareva
Charter member
22494 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 05:28 PM

36. "*breaking out pen*"
In response to Reply # 0

to cosign

� � � � � �
www.alienatlien.wordpress.com

i got soul.

and i'm super bad.

CoffeeShopChick
Member since Jul 08th 2002
750 posts
Sun Sep-29-02 06:22 PM

39. "but to play devils advocate"
In response to Reply # 0

I buy a CD cause I respect the ART, not the just ARTIST .
I happen to think Prince is a freak, but do I like the music...sure. I think Fiona Apple is a spoiled brat...but is she talented, yes. I think Mariah Carey is psycho...but can she sing? Hell yeah.

I don't need an OK artist playing cool around me. Some are just cool as it is, and don't need to post to prove it.
Some artists don't even have boards like this.

This is a comunity for the fans. Not a marketing technique.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 12:23 AM

40. "back satan! lol"
In response to Reply # 39

>I buy a CD cause I respect the ART, not the just ARTIST .

how many fans are like you. if i were not breaking 500,000. sheeeit every lil bit helps

>
>I don't need an OK artist playing cool around me. Some are
>just cool as it is, and don't need to post to prove it.
>Some artists don't even have boards like this.

not talking about artists that don't. at one time every artist cept the roots, didn't have THESE boards. bottom line somebody made the decision to join okp because they felt it would be advantageous for them
>
>This is a comunity for the fans. Not a marketing technique.

uh uh the real reason artists pay (or get paid) to be on this site is exposure. why else do we have artists own sites on here anyway? why are they updated when a new album comes out. basically this site says "such and such is in stores, will be in stores on yadda yadda yadda....go cop that"

i got a feeling that "him" is looking at this post and probably distributing to these other artists

CoffeeShopChick
750 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 12:31 PM

46. "I admit"
In response to Reply # 40

that this website is used by the artists for promotion. But the boards are for the fans. I will not front though and say that I wouldn't want the okayartists talking more on these things. But I am being honest when I say that I don't post here cause of that possibility. I would post here is NO OK artist posted ever.
The website is more than these boards...it's a store...well it's supposed to, it's a news site, it's a site for tour dates. I dunno...they may have hooked people on the begginging by talking on the boards, but now maybe it's time to be more aloof. I don't know. I am still gonna buy the albums.
But then again, I think ?uest is totally sweet for talking on these boards when you KNOW he is busy.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 01:28 PM

47. "that's cool"
In response to Reply # 46

I would post here is NO OK
>artist posted ever.

that's cool but ur missing my point

>The website is more than these boards...it's a store...well
>it's supposed to, it's a news site, it's a site for tour
>dates.

promotion promotion promotion. bottom line, to make money. for the site AND the artists

I dunno...they may have hooked people on the
>begginging by talking on the boards, but now maybe it's time
>to be more aloof.

THAT is NOT a good way to seel albums. specially if you ain't selling any in the 1st place. hell even mike jackson is showing up places u couldn't catch him before

I don't know. I am still gonna buy the
>albums.

missing the point again. you may be a example, a jag fan. but lay z boi the artist would try to tap into jag's fan base. for real.

>But then again, I think ?uest is totally sweet for talking
>on these boards when you KNOW he is busy.

..................... lol ok yeah.
he is cool. but the point of this post is not to stroke or even damage an ego. twice u seem to make sure that you put out there that our artists are cool. fine and dandy. i've met plenty of them and they seem to be cool. being "cool" and sweet" don't sell records. number one concern for these folks and the label is to sell sell sell, to eat...otherwise, toss it on the net for free.

CoffeeShopChick
750 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 02:41 PM

48. "RE: that's cool"
In response to Reply # 47

I must not be good with words.

Let me try again.

I agree with you. It would be GREAT if ok artists posted more. BUT, they haven't been and at this point it would seem like an insincere attempt to buddy up to potential buyers.
While it would be smart for Jag for instance to post here and attract fans of other artists fans, I would feel used.

This is just MY opinion. I don't NEED it...it wouldn't work on me, or people like me. I agree it would work on some people. And so that's great, but not to me. I would probably stop coming here everyday if it turned into a political campaign. But thats just MY OPINION.

Gloworm
Charter member
6077 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 07:18 PM

63. "agreeing..."
In response to Reply # 48

if you weren't posting before...don't start now after the soundscan printout.

i'm sure some of the artist feel that the line between fan/artist could/would get crossed.

it seems like the more you know about the person or people behind the cd...the less you like them. (to me anyway) the..umm..mystique (?) is diminished. you don't get a chance to miss them when you get updates every day (not knocking the updates...at all)

take the osbournes. i really don't see ozzy as the prince of darkness anymore after seeing this show. knowing too much about artists....
on some level..i just want the music. i really don't care about their everyday life...no more than any of them care about mine.

lay z boi
Member since Oct 03rd 2002
16893 posts
Wed Oct-09-02 06:43 AM

72. "so if you were a roots fan before"
In response to Reply # 63

do you like them less now? is it because you don't like the music or because one of them posts here regularly.

my point was i would not come post when my album drops and be out. my point was, i'd keep some up to date info on here. it's like dr. dre said about mike jackson. "come off of the mountain and talk to the people"

www.hitthemusic.com

marsmunny
Charter member
1127 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 02:48 AM

41. "RE: but to play devils advocate"
In response to Reply # 39

Yo. You may not need or want it but if an artist interacts with you, you can understand their art a little better.

lazy's got the biggest point: you can't complain about the label not promoting you when you have a vehicle to promote yourself and don't use it.

without ?uests regular interaction doesn't this become a fan site?
the original tag line was "Giving you true notes..."
without artist interaction, there are no "true notes."

*gets off soapbox and goes back to work*

WuGambina
Charter member
47817 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 05:43 AM

43. "simply and wonderfully put"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree....that's why I like Saadiq's boards - he'll answer you.

www.sandeinteriors.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/wugambina

soze
Charter member
7147 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 08:39 AM

44. "ur an asshole"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Sep-30-02 08:40 AM

somebody had to do it

ATL bommaclot reunion star 2003
http://reunion.kodefendant.com

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Mon Sep-30-02 08:55 AM

45. "ha! and if you gained"
In response to Reply # 44

150 pounds and grew your hair out, and a decent beard you'd look like kamal

http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=21669&forum=general1&omm=0

nabi
Charter member
22241 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 03:15 AM

50. "i hear you"
In response to Reply # 0

but i think the boards are good and bad. the OKhaters do make it bad for folks.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 10:23 AM

51. "well i think i raised some good points and"
In response to Reply # 0

countered the *clears throat* counter points. time for the archive request.

i think HIM been saying this to the other artists anyway, HIM actually hinted at it lol

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Tue Oct-08-02 01:50 AM

68. "RE: well i think i raised some good points and"
In response to Reply # 51

**LilBowWowiscute: a/s/l
LAY Z BOI: ha!

praverbs
Charter member
27156 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 05:57 PM

53. "p'raverbs was here."
In response to Reply # 0

« Slick Rick the Ruler in the Land of the Blind »

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:29 AM

56. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with you. the okayartist aren't using this forum to it's full capacity. Most of them aren't even trying.

But I will speak on something that bothered me last month. Krewcial had a post about the new JFN album and explained why he didn't like the album. It was not negative in the sense that he blasted the artist or the product. It was constructive critism (IMO).

So you know what happened? Yup okayhaters blasted the JFN and the okay dickriders attacked krewcial. Very few people tried to approach the subject in same respectable manner as Krewcial.

But what bothered me the most was Mercedes response. Maybe it was the emotions she was feeling but her response was insulting. It's in the JFN diaries if anyone wants to read it. And I was a person who didn't like the album when I had the promo but still brought the album to support their efforts. I even played it to others because hey everybody has their own taste. after reading Mercedes response it made me feel if I didn't like something that I should just shut up. I am not a fan. Okayplayer core of audience is Hip Hop fans and not into what the Jazzies were doing. ETC. Etc. Etc. That's how I was made to feel. I had been lumped in with this idea of what she percieved to be okayplayer audience. That wasn't cool. It showed me what the artist really thought of okayplayer or rather the people who posted.

So why would someone use a tool like okayplayer if the percieve us limited audience?

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 12:40 PM

57. "hmmm u know what date this was? they have"
In response to Reply # 56

been through hell with that album.

i'm gonna go try and find that entry

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:47 PM

58. "9/9 n/m"
In response to Reply # 57

UrbanCowgRRL
Charter member
8764 posts
Tue Oct-08-02 04:42 AM

69. "i read that and thought the same thing"
In response to Reply # 56

krewcial is an artist as well and i know damn well
he tries to be as professional as possible...

and when i read that response i thought to myself
"you know, y'all have gone to hell and back to put this
album out, you realize we don't all have the same tastes...
and if ANYBODY had your backs during the MCA drama...it was
okayplayers...I remember an oprah letter drive, the JFN's asking
us to write MCA...and okps came out to support...and now, this journal entry..that's how you chose to read into it? "

i didn't think her reaction was fair, and although most people
that post don't read their journals...in the end, it's how she
feels....so be it

much love,
Kyle

if you got beef: http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html

"but why oh why do you feel you need to take over the world when you already rule? " ~ calamity june

and thats that.

much love,
Kyle

Detroit..Let's GO!!! May 12th Dilla Walk for Lupus...Belle Isle...

http://walk.lupusresearch.org/goto/blackeyedskeez

Even a Dollar can HELP..

http://www.myspace.com/jedikyle
http://www.detroitderbygirls.com/

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Tue Oct-08-02 04:52 AM

70. "that proves a point"
In response to Reply # 69

a lot of folks did call and write and fax cause of what they said on this site. let me go read this journal entry

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Tue Oct-08-02 05:51 AM

71. "and did you read the explain what's so grat about jfn p"
In response to Reply # 69

I thought that was interesting. i think this maybe an example of how a artist shouldn't post. When you reply don't reply to everyone in one post. There were good intentions there but covering every comment in one paragraph cause for another post to explain who Tracey was talking to. And maybe that's why artist don't post alot or at all. they are busy and don't have time or the patience to post properly. But that's just me playing devil ad.

Brooklynite
Charter member
1087 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:04 PM

59. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with what your saying about the artist using this site as a mktng. tool but take in to consideration the fact that maybe we do converse with artists but they'd rather maintain anonymity. Let's be honest, if an artist made themselves known, they'd get endless emails and too many people would (god forgive me for the word i'm bout to use) be dick riding and not giving an honest true answer to things. People would feel the pressure to be nice. Not to mention some people idolize celebrities and don't look at them as regular people so they wouldn't be honest/brutally honest. Come on, you see how very rarely people challenge anything Quest says, he even observes how cats challenge anything he says. He could make a post titled "Lumper Dink" and it'd be at 100 befor you finish reading the post title.

Maintaining anonymity creates an equal fair ground where besides Quest or dreamhampton (and she hasn't logged on under that name since she made the huge mistake of doing so the first time)people will speak how they genuinely feel about an artist. I do agree that the artists and their mgmt should be using the site as a tool more often as far as posting appearances, possible singles and things like that and use the site as a sounding board.

((((( The Sig )))))
One year as a resident, deep in sentiment, they shout out GO BROOKLYN!! They representin it - Dante Smith (Brook doesn't do stage names).

I do this for the borough - me (eff that, Cam bit my steeze).

I'M A GIRL GOT DAMN !!! (now

soundsop
Charter member
12988 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:08 PM

60. "no doubt"
In response to Reply # 0

hub has never even baked me cookies.

GINGER SNAPS, BITCH!

Wed Oct-02-02 03:17 PM

61. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

Been watching this post, formulating a reply... now if I was an 'artist', this is how I might view the situation.

They all put in a lot of hours promoting their stuff, they play live, answer the same questions again and again from the fans at the shows, then they do magazine interviews, answer the same questions again and again... then, at breakfast, get stopped by more fans and answer more of the same questions.

Now after all this time put in, they come to their site and have it basically said that people would be more likely to buy their stuff if they simply talked to them more on the boards.

I'd probably be thinking, I'm doing all this work already, trying to get people to see that what I'm doing is right, and you're saying after all that the music *STILL* isn't enough to stand on its own two? There are a bunch of 'artists' out there who don't even have to put in the work I do and get bigger sales than me, and I know it's not because they are posting on their website boards, because a good proportion of them are not.

There are a lot of people out there, not famous, who aren't good at correspondence already, forget to call back, and can't be bothered e-mailing all the time, now, I'm not going to say to my friends: "Hey, you could be a lot more popular if you just called/e-mailed/met more people more often"... I'd probably be inclined to say: "Be yourself, if people can't see the good person that you are, don't go working your ass off to try and convince them otherwise, because they're not worth it."

And its the same to an extent with the music I believe: put the work in, but don't put yourself out too much, be who you are, play what you like, if people don't like it, well, they're probably not going to like it no matter how much you post at them.

Quality ought to speak for itself, because there's enough crap out there that's shouting and getting recognition already.

I think it's cool when the 'artists' respond/post, don't get me wrong, it's partly why I come here, but they're probably working hard enough for their recognition already, and on a site where most people end up because they already know about one 'artist' or the other, I'm not sure how much difference it's going to make.

Just a thoughts

Long Time Listener...

Warning: This Post May Contain Traces of Peanuts.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Oct-03-02 02:16 AM

64. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 61
Thu Oct-03-02 02:19 AM

>They all put in a lot of hours promoting their stuff, they
>play live, answer the same questions again and again from
>the fans at the shows, then they do magazine interviews,
>answer the same questions again and again... then, at
>breakfast, get stopped by more fans and answer more of the
>same questions.

you don't HAVE to answer questions on here. quest gets millions of them, he doesn't answer each one. every day i see a "how did ya lose weight?" post, i don't see his name in EVERY one.
>
>Now after all this time put in, they come to their site and
>have it basically said that people would be more likely to
>buy their stuff if they simply talked to them more on the
>boards.

yeah basically. it's called identifiying with your audience

>
>I'd probably be thinking, I'm doing all this work already,
>trying to get people to see that what I'm doing is right,
>and you're saying after all that the music *STILL* isn't
>enough to stand on its own two? There are a bunch of
>'artists' out there who don't even have to put in the work I
>do and get bigger sales than me, and I know it's not because
>they are posting on their website boards, because a good
>proportion of them are not.

understood. but our artists are NOT those people. yeah put in work trying to get airplay on a station where the majority of its audience ain't even interested in your "genre" but hey u say if it were u, i say if it were me. all i know is one artist here sold the most records of an album ever when he became an okp. so recognize the power and the tool of this. ur number one objective is to sell records. why do all you have listed and stop short? '

if what you saying is correct, then NO artist would complain about marketing, budgets, airplay, whetever cause the music would "stand on it's on two" as cliff huxtable said, you can't put good things on a "garbage can lid" it may be the best ever but if you just sit a good meal on the street , no one owants to eat that. you got to tell people why they should buy your shit...that is if you want to sell as much as possible

>
>There are a lot of people out there, not famous, who aren't
>good at correspondence already, forget to call back, and
>can't be bothered e-mailing all the time, now, I'm not going
>to say to my friends: "Hey, you could be a lot more popular
>if you just called/e-mailed/met more people more often"...
>I'd probably be inclined to say: "Be yourself,
that's cool too, but if your craft and job is "selling"... can you afford to say "if people
>can't see the good person that you are, don't go working
>your ass off ... because
>they're not worth it."

>
>And its the same to an extent with the music I believe: put
>the work in, but don't put yourself out too much, be who you
>are, play what you like, if people don't like it, well,
>they're probably not going to like it no matter how much you
>post at them.

it's not really about posting.

>Quality ought to speak for itself,

but we know that is doesn't, it hasn't, it won't.

because there's enough
>crap out there that's shouting and getting recognition
>already.
>
>I think it's cool when the 'artists' respond/post, don't get
>me wrong, it's partly why I come here, but they're probably
>working hard enough for their recognition already, and on a
>site where most people end up because they already know
>about one 'artist' or the other, I'm not sure how much
>difference it's going to make.

check this in the part of this great and we live where i stay. i really think if it wasn't for this site, i would not know a j-live, be interested in buying the JFN's albums , even after their video played on BET at 2am, i sure as hell would not have copped dialated. since coming to this site, my purchases of music has increased dramatically and i know i ain't the only one.
you can afford to not"work you ass off" when you selling 4 million in a month, but if you cracking 200,000, then well (chaskie's manager from office space)okay.

it ain't working your ass off to to connect with your site and your fans. like i said, these are folks more likely to buy ur music, less likely to watch late nigth talk shows or news shows. if you know u gonna be on there, let somebody know. lol don't have one person saying "you see such and such on so and so last night? and 15 other people saying, "no i missed it" lol
what good is that. use what you got
>
>Just a thoughts

thanks for sharing.
>
>Long Time Listener...
>
>
>Warning: This Post May Contain Traces of Peanuts.

Thu Oct-03-02 05:55 PM

66. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 64

>you don't HAVE to answer questions on here. quest gets
>millions of them, he doesn't answer each one. every day i
>see a "how did ya lose weight?" post, i don't see his name
>in EVERY one.

I didn't say they have to answer them on this site either. I was just illustrating ways in which they are already out there, connecting with their fanbase, and how it can probably get repetitive, especially if you're already paying staff to get word out about what you're doing to the various people and/or remembering who you told what to about what you are doing and where.

>understood. but our artists are NOT those people. yeah put
>in work trying to get airplay on a station where the
>majority of its audience ain't even interested in your
>"genre" but hey u say if it were u, i say if it were me.
>all i know is one artist here sold the most records of an
>album ever when he became an okp.

Yeah, but that doesn't prove a connection between the two, not saying there's not, but there's no data I can see showing the relationship between:

a) Being an okp and the corresponding rise in sales for that artist.

b) The amount of posts they did and times they told staff what to post about what they were doing and where, how much they identified with their audience and how that related to people being more aware, and getting out to buy/watch/support them.

so recognize the power
>and the tool of this. ur number one objective is to sell
>records. why do all you have listed and stop short? '

Because artists already work hard, and some of them, like a lot of other 'regular' people out there without fanbases to please, find it hard enough to stay in constant touch with their whole family and long list of friends let alone sit down and try to keep in touch with a whole bunch of people they don't know. Especially when there are two "why do you dress so funny," and "gimme your diet tips" posts for every one post that is as constructive as your example here.

>
>
>if what you saying is correct, then NO artist would complain
>about marketing, budgets, airplay, whetever cause the music
>would "stand on it's on two" as cliff huxtable said, you
>can't put good things on a "garbage can lid" it may be the
>best ever but if you just sit a good meal on the street , no
>one owants to eat that. you got to tell people why they
>should buy your shit...that is if you want to sell as much
>as possible

>
>check this in the part of this great and we live where i
>stay. i really think if it wasn't for this site, i would not
>know a j-live, be interested in buying the JFN's albums ,
>even after their video played on BET at 2am, i sure as hell
>would not have copped dialated. since coming to this site,
>my purchases of music has increased dramatically and i know
>i ain't the only one.

Agreed, same here (although I didn't know that J-live was much of a presence around here, does he even have a working website for himself?) but by virtue of what you've said, they've already kind of reached you, and you can't speak for the people who visit here who aren't like you, or how they would react.

>it ain't working your ass off to to connect with your site
>and your fans. like i said, these are folks more likely to
>buy ur music, less likely to watch late nigth talk shows or
>news shows. if you know u gonna be on there, let somebody
>know. lol don't have one person saying "you see such and
>such on so and so last night? and 15 other people saying,
>"no i missed it" lol
>what good is that. use what you got

Good point, although I'm not sure that they consciously think "Hmm... should I post this on okp? Nah, can't be bothered" the circumstances around something like that not being posted on here are a mystery to me, but there may be other circumstances.

Oh well, agree to disagree?

Long Time Listener

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Oct-03-02 11:58 PM

67. "RE: there is NO way in hell"
In response to Reply # 66

>>a) Being an okp and the corresponding rise in sales for that artist.<<

like water for chocolate?

h20molecule
Charter member
827 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:46 PM

62. "If I was a struggling artist..."
In response to Reply # 0

even if i wasn't an okay artist, i would post in the fucking lesson and reviews section (like Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas) does.

And I would come up with fake aliases to give favorable reviews of my shit interspersed with conspiracy theory sounding "rants" about what the mentality of the artist was like when composing this tune or that tune.

And I would have my little srteet teamers building a respectable presence in here and networking for me if I were not computer saavy enough to do it...(kinda how label-guy gives us updates on Common)

And I would make grandiose statments about how Tostitos are ten times better than any lays or ruffles potato chip just because i can

h20

h20
-------------------------------------------------
if hip hop ever dies...it will be the day that all of us who fell in love with a new sound that was like nothing we ever heard before stop wanting to be challenged. the day those of us who nurtured

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Thu Oct-03-02 02:20 AM

65. "note, i JUST found the jazzyfatnastees last night"
In response to Reply # 0

circuit city in the R and B section. that was like finding the lost ark i swear. love ya ladies

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #10061 Previous topic | Next topic