Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #97898

Subject: "web designers: what do u charge?" Previous topic | Next topic
.Mica.
Member since Apr 18th 2006
8846 posts
Thu Mar-08-07 12:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"web designers: what do u charge?"

I realize due to compeition maybne this post won't get a lot of replies, but I'm curious in terms of trying to get a handle on what to charge.

I wanna know what you charge if u are a beginning professional versus a seasoned one that's done tons of sites.

+BEST BLOG EVER:
http://theworldaroundusblog.blogspot.com (updated daily!!)

+my fave okp beef: logical explanations vs lessonheads © okp KayCee

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i used to work with clients
Mar 08th 2007
RE: web designers: what do u charge?
Mar 08th 2007
it depends
Mar 08th 2007

Dreadmedia
Charter member
34785 posts
Thu Mar-08-07 02:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "i used to work with clients"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-08-07 02:06 PM by Dreadmedia

caue i really wanted to streach my wings and show what i could do and i couldnt really do that at my reguler gig because there would be so many hands on projectes (art directors, marketing etc)

so whn i got a freelance client and i knew it was my show i sort of just worked with them alot of times i got screwed and did alot more work then I should have but mostly i got good portfolio pieces out of it

so yeah there are alot of factors in what to charge depending on the job its never as simple as "I Just want a website"

acedro
Member since Nov 09th 2005
2214 posts
Thu Mar-08-07 04:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: web designers: what do u charge?"
In response to Reply # 0

just figure out how much income you'll need to generate to pay your bills, add what type of salary you want to make, plus 10-20% for profit and figure out your rate by that.

lexx3001
Charter member
9211 posts
Thu Mar-08-07 09:39 PM

3. "it depends"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-08-07 09:41 PM by lexx3001

if i freelance, its aroung $75-$100/hour or $5000-$10000 for a 5-page site. BUT if i do it with my agency, its alot more. Of course time involved and complexity of the site plays a factor too so i usually quote per project

Stay strong

Lexx

iamlexx.com
newvintagegroup.com
aim: lexx3001

Lobby High-Tech topic #97898 Previous topic | Next topic