Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #71793

Subject: " ??Apple Laptop/ IPod Question ??...." Previous topic | Next topic
bibblegolf
Member since Oct 19th 2004
21833 posts
Wed Aug-02-06 08:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
" ??Apple Laptop/ IPod Question ??...."

...ok so I just got an ipod and am really unfamiliar with working with an apple laptop which my friend happen to has. Anyway, when I plugged the cord into the usb port and then connected it to the ipod itself,..my itunes recognized the ipod..I then tried to show that the proper way to disconnect the ipod was to hit the eject button beside the ipod which I did. Now when I went to plug the ipod back in,..it's not coming up in itunes,...but the ipod itself has the "do not disconnect" on the display. How can I get this to pop back up so I can correctly disconnect? Also, the ipod has songs/albums on them but whenn it was plugged it, the songs/albums did not come up on the itunes library. What's going on with that? I'm familiar with just about every other computer other than Apple. Can someone assist me please?

"The more a country produces..the richer it is...the better it should take care of it's people. - Dr. Aleida Guevara"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: ??Apple Laptop/ IPod Question ??....
Aug 03rd 2006
RE: ??Apple Laptop/ IPod Question ??....
Aug 03rd 2006
Senuti. n/m
Aug 03rd 2006
***POST JACK*** Peep the avitar! LOL!
Aug 03rd 2006
^ OUTTA CONTRoL! n/m
Aug 03rd 2006
Haha! It's in the mail! Holla! (c) Jigga
Aug 03rd 2006
^^^ will get his ipod jacked in 5 minutes flat.
Aug 04th 2006
      Ha! I keep my shit concealed and don't rock the white earbuds.
Aug 04th 2006
Ipod-PC Question
Aug 07th 2006
RE: Ipod-PC Question
Feb 10th 2007
Wow, that's bad
Feb 11th 2007
      yup.
Feb 12th 2007

delrica
Charter member
6889 posts
Thu Aug-03-06 06:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: ??Apple Laptop/ IPod Question ??...."
In response to Reply # 0

I know on a PC, there's an icon in your system tray for external devices that you can use to eject it from your computer.

Not sure on a MAC though. Should be something similar somewhere. Disconnect that way and then unplug the usb cable. Wait about 5-10 seconds (if that) and plug it back in.

----------------------
Cop my stuff, mayne!

My first chapbook: "This Chapbook Was Made With Pilfered Office Products" available now - $6.00

My 2nd chapbook, coming in 2007: "Orgasms and Ice Cream"

fmi: http://www.myspace.com/delrica

professor
Member since Dec 30th 2003
645 posts
Thu Aug-03-06 04:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: ??Apple Laptop/ IPod Question ??...."
In response to Reply # 0

First, what might have happened: You could have disconnected your iPod too soon after you hit the "eject" button in the iTunes interface. Once you get this right again (it'll be easy), look at your iPod after you hit eject the next time -- you'll notice that your iPod is flashing the "do not disconnect" message about 20 seconds after you have already hit the eject in the iTunes interface. Just wait until that goes away on your iPod before disconnecting next time.

Second, to get it back right: Open your iTunes, connect your iPod, and then open the iPod preferences tab via the little iPod icon in the bottom left corner of the iTunes interface. Check to see what your iPod settings are (automatically sync all songs and playlists vs. only sync selected songs and playlists, etc.) Choose the setting you like based on whether you want to sync autimatically, or to manually drag and drop individual songs from your iTunes to your iPod.

And if you have songs on your iPod that didn't get there from your iTunes, you can only send them from pod to tunes via 3rd party software. You might luck up and find it free on the net but if not, be prepared to pay about $30. It's worth it, though.

Hope this helps.

Even in the moments when we are most dissatisfied, we are living someone's idea of heaven.

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Thu Aug-03-06 11:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Senuti. n/m"
In response to Reply # 2

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Imokuede
Charter member
5180 posts
Thu Aug-03-06 11:43 PM

4. "***POST JACK*** Peep the avitar! LOL!"
In response to Reply # 0

R.I.P. - The Curse

Let's hug it out bitch
www.lhiob.com

1918-2004

Second, they gave up a whopping 130 points per game, a record that will never be broken unless they merge the NBA and WNBA some day. ---Bill Simmons on

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Thu Aug-03-06 11:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "^ OUTTA CONTRoL! n/m"
In response to Reply # 4

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Imokuede
Charter member
5180 posts
Thu Aug-03-06 11:47 PM

6. "Haha! It's in the mail! Holla! (c) Jigga"
In response to Reply # 5

R.I.P. - The Curse

Let's hug it out bitch
www.lhiob.com

1918-2004

Second, they gave up a whopping 130 points per game, a record that will never be broken unless they merge the NBA and WNBA some day. ---Bill Simmons on

Nopayne
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
52627 posts
Fri Aug-04-06 06:39 AM

7. "^^^ will get his ipod jacked in 5 minutes flat."
In response to Reply # 4

===========================================
-Me

<----What OKP is listening to this week.

Imokuede
Charter member
5180 posts
Fri Aug-04-06 01:09 PM

8. "Ha! I keep my shit concealed and don't rock the white earbuds."
In response to Reply # 7

I could be bopping to a 8 track and you wouldn't know.

R.I.P. - The Curse

Let's hug it out bitch
www.lhiob.com

1918-2004

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Mon Aug-07-06 12:22 PM

9. "Ipod-PC Question"
In response to Reply # 0

i messed around and deleted my entire itunes library(5400 songs). but the stuff is still on my ipod.

if i plugged my ipod in and itunes was empty, would my ipod automatically update and delete all the songs off my ipod?

how do i get the songs from my ipod back onto itunes?

SwampiestOfBalls
Charter member
1150 posts
Sat Feb-10-07 07:03 PM

10. "RE: Ipod-PC Question"
In response to Reply # 9

as far as i know you cant

and it would delete them.....

it sucks i lost about 4500 songs when my comp crashed.....

then i learned that backing up files wasnt so nerdy afterall

>i messed around and deleted my entire itunes library(5400
>songs). but the stuff is still on my ipod.
>
>if i plugged my ipod in and itunes was empty, would my ipod
>automatically update and delete all the songs off my ipod?
>
>how do i get the songs from my ipod back onto itunes?

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10981 posts
Sun Feb-11-07 12:29 PM

11. "Wow, that's bad"
In response to Reply # 9

But it's not the end of the world

First, make sure itunes isn't set up to auto sync with your computer. If it is, you will erase everything on your ipod. Next, cop a program like iDump for the PC. Run that and dump everything on your computer. Then run iTunes and import the folder where you dumped all your songs in.

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Mon Feb-12-07 11:35 AM

12. "yup."
In response to Reply # 11

>First, make sure itunes isn't set up to auto sync with your
>computer. If it is, you will erase everything on your ipod.
>Next, cop a program like iDump for the PC. Run that and dump
>everything on your computer. Then run iTunes and import the
>folder where you dumped all your songs in.

https://i.imgur.com/ZkkZekl.gif

Lobby High-Tech topic #71793 Previous topic | Next topic