Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #57496

Subject: "studio monitors pt. 2" Previous topic | Next topic
lexx3001
Charter member
9211 posts
Mon Mar-13-06 09:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"studio monitors pt. 2"

So, thanx to yalls replies (lmao@yalls) I got me a pair of EVENT TR5's. So here lies a dilema. I have an Audigy 2 pro platinum soundcard. the only way I can see that i can output to the speakers are either:
_1/4" jack
_some sort of digital output (looks like a 1/4", but im not sure about it)

And the only ways I can connect the speakers are:
_the big (monster jack) Input (indicated as preffered connection)
_1/4"(also indicated as preffered connection)
_(least disireable) the stereo output (you know, the red and white joints, only each speaker only has one input per, assuming one is for right, one is for left)

As I understand, these speakers are supposed to play one to the right and one to the left channel, so I dont want to do the easy way out and splice them together into a mono connection (run a splitter from the single soundcard 1/4" jack to a split left and right 1/4" jacks to the speakers). Is there any other options anybody knows of? i hope this isnt TOO confusing

Stay strong

Lexx

iamlexx.com
newvintagegroup.com
aim: lexx3001

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That shouldn't be a mono out
Mar 14th 2006
yeah
Mar 14th 2006

InstruMental
Member since Nov 10th 2005
12463 posts
Tue Mar-14-06 12:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "That shouldn't be a mono out"
In response to Reply # 0

If you have a stereo 1/4" out, you're good--just get a Y connection to get from stereo to dual monos, one to each speaker.

BTW for 1/4" out do you mean headphone out? On my Aud2Plat all I have (analog) in the back is miniplug...though in function that's essentially the same, just needs a miniplug-1/4" adapter.

The funny-looking connection back there is, I believe, a digital out designed mainly for certain Creative user-end speakers.

<---Okay Jima (© Bridgetown)

http://www.myspace.com/musicphilosophy
http://www.myspace.com/icapinstrumental <---updated 5/31/07
http://www.soundclick.com/realsoonthemental <---NEW

lexx3001
Charter member
9211 posts
Tue Mar-14-06 12:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "yeah"
In response to Reply # 1

i meant the only outputs for speakers are in the front (line out) and that digital one you were talking about in the back. But thanx for the info, I need to go get me some cables now

Stay strong

Lexx

iamlexx.com
newvintagegroup.com
aim: lexx3001

Lobby High-Tech topic #57496 Previous topic | Next topic