Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #46727

Subject: "CONFUSED and buying a laptop tomorrow" Previous topic | Next topic
Apatch-E
Member since Mar 11th 2005
90 posts
Sun Dec-25-05 11:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"CONFUSED and buying a laptop tomorrow"

boxing day sales tomorrow mean im finally getting a laptop. i am VERY confused. i THOUGHT i was computer literate but apparently not.

im confused about what a centrino laptop is and whether it has a centrino processor and or a centrino chipset? do i need both? is centrino the same as pentium M?

"time to save the world/where in the world is all the time/so many things i still dont know/so many times i changed my mind/guess i was born to make mistakes" - Erykah Badu

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: CONFUSED and buying a laptop tomorrow
Dec 25th 2005
RE: CONFUSED and buying a laptop tomorrow
Dec 26th 2005
Just cop an ibook.
Dec 26th 2005

Apatch-E
Member since Mar 11th 2005
90 posts
Sun Dec-25-05 11:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: CONFUSED and buying a laptop tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 0

i should probably explain what i want to do with my laptop...

needs to be thin and light, i'll be travelling a lot next year - three trips planned already

main uses will be surfing/chatting, word processing, uploading and editing pictures and home movies, burning cds and dvds, lots and lots of music. i wont be doing any gaming at all. i would like it to be able to connect to the net whereever i am since i'll be travelling continually over the next 2 years.

any tips would be appreciated.

merry xmas

"time to save the world/where in the world is all the time/so many things i still dont know/so many times i changed my mind/guess i was born to make mistakes" - Erykah Badu

Nopayne
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
52635 posts
Mon Dec-26-05 12:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: CONFUSED and buying a laptop tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 1

Centrino is the wireless technology that comes with the newer pentium laptops. Any new laptop that has an Intel processor will probably have it.
===========================================
-Me

<----What OKP is listening to this week.

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28868 posts
Mon Dec-26-05 11:45 AM

3. "Just cop an ibook."
In response to Reply # 0

You don't wanna go with a Mac????

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Lobby High-Tech topic #46727 Previous topic | Next topic