Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #43164

Subject: "Where's ne_atl... I need a huddle real quick. Y'kno what Archos needs to..." Previous topic | Last topic
Mongo
Member since Oct 26th 2005
45670 posts
Mon Nov-28-05 09:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Where's ne_atl... I need a huddle real quick. Y'kno what Archos needs to..."

A flash-based video player.

Their same old screen size, lil better pixel ratio.

And flash memory.

It would be thin as shit and have better battery life.

I'd buy that fucker over a new iPod any fuckin' day...

As is though... Archos video players are still a fuckin' BRICK in comparison.

I mean... even though the battery's wild defective on wifey's, I get a couple shows out of it before it dies...

But yeah.

How would you improve the Archos?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
hmmmm
Nov 28th 2005

ne_atl
Charter member
18872 posts
Mon Nov-28-05 12:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "hmmmm"
In response to Reply # 0

After having my lastest player for awhile, Im starting to realize that having a big HD-D isn't really needed when I can drag and drop movies/TV shows onto it on the fly. My player is 40g but I rarely use any more than 5g. When Im done watching something, I delete it because I have it at home on my PC. Flash would be cool if the player could be made thinner but keep its screen size. If Archos could make a player with a 7.5" screen like you see in head rest of cars, I'll love it.

I guess Im not having the battery life issues but at the same time Ive never been in a situation where I had to play it for more than 3 or 4 hours. I never want to be in a situation where the battery may die, so EVERY chance I get Im charging it up. Im still getting 3hours from my av140 I bought in 2001.

With mp3 players, smaller is cool but with video I prefer a bigger screen.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby High-Tech topic #43164 Previous topic | Last topic