Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #42991

Subject: "Portable Cassette Players (Suggestions)." Previous topic | Next topic
volleyneck
Member since Aug 23rd 2003
1767 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 02:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Portable Cassette Players (Suggestions)."

I'm dead serious, so please save the laughs. I've been looking for one for a while now. Circuit City has one: $9, generic that I'll end up getting if I can't find another.

Maybe Best Buy carries them? You know any in particular?

When I went to Goodguys, a month ago, I was told that cassette players are out-of-date and thus do not get stocked anymore. = (

I don't wanna iPod, with all the extra expenses (It's 200 right? but plus chords and software and all..?). I think a nice, reliable cassette player would do me fine on runs/walks etc. Long as it don't skip like a CD, I'm gold.

thanks.

*~.~:~.~*~I~*~.~:~.~*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
\ ...all u gotta do is make sure its got "MEGA BASS"
Nov 27th 2005
link's broke..
Nov 27th 2005
So the MEGA bass option is the way to go, huh?
Nov 27th 2005
GPX?????? dont never ever buy anything made by gpx...
Nov 27th 2005
lol.. check this
Nov 27th 2005
they aint letting go of the OG walkmans huh
Nov 27th 2005
radioshack...
Nov 27th 2005
Yah, that's the one I bought.
Nov 27th 2005
if you ever want to play MP3s on your walkman
Nov 27th 2005
but you can just use that as an mp3 player without the walkman
Nov 27th 2005
but what about megabass
Nov 28th 2005
omg.
Nov 27th 2005
I haven't seen the word cassette in a while....
Nov 27th 2005
Damn this takes me back
Nov 29th 2005

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57002 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 02:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "\ ...all u gotta do is make sure its got "MEGA BASS""
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Nov-27-05 02:27 AM by My_SP1200_Broken_Aga

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=pa_Walkman_CassetteWalkman&Dept=audio

^^^ this one

volleyneck
1767 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 02:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "link's broke.."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the MegaBass suggestion. I'ma surf the sony style page right now. Looking out for bass option.

volleyneck
1767 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 02:28 AM

3. "So the MEGA bass option is the way to go, huh?"
In response to Reply # 1

It looks like a $40-50 purchase then, before S/H. Those sure do look better than the one I see on Circuit City.com:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/GPX-Portable-Cassette-Player-W2004-/sem/rpsm/oid/98741/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57002 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 03:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "GPX?????? dont never ever buy anything made by gpx..."
In response to Reply # 3

...funny they are still making walkmans too lol

volleyneck
1767 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 02:34 AM

4. "lol.. check this"
In response to Reply # 1

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=WMFX890

$180? Basically for the extra-long batt. life and the "World Wide" radio stations. That style looks tight (just like the iPod does.. priced bout same too, though).

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 02:44 AM

5. "they aint letting go of the OG walkmans huh"
In response to Reply # 1

wheres the betamaxes on that site?

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 03:22 AM

6. "radioshack..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2118100&cp=2032054&f=Taxonomy%2FRSK%2F2032054&categoryId=2032054&kwCatId=2032054&kw=cassette&parentPage=search

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2110389&cp=2032054&f=Taxonomy%2FRSK%2F2032054&categoryId=2032054&kwCatId=2032054&kw=cassette&parentPage=search

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123217&cp=2032054&f=Taxonomy%2FRSK%2F2032054&categoryId=2032054&kwCatId=2032054&kw=cassette&parentPage=search

volleyneck
1767 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 11:38 PM

11. "Yah, that's the one I bought."
In response to Reply # 6

>http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123217&cp=2032054&f=Taxonomy%2FRSK%2F2032054&categoryId=2032054&kwCatId=2032054&kw=cassette&parentPage=search
>
>
>
The third one. Same price, but on Sony Style's website. It looks pretty durable. Hopefully it'll last a long time.

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 03:38 AM

7. "if you ever want to play MP3s on your walkman"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.dansdata.com/dah220.htm

i always thought this thing was kinda neat. carrying cases are plentiful and cheap.

mc_delta_t
Charter member
8260 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 01:27 PM

10. "but you can just use that as an mp3 player without the walkman"
In response to Reply # 7

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Mon Nov-28-05 12:46 AM

13. "but what about megabass"
In response to Reply # 10

lol

volleyneck
1767 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 11:42 PM

12. "omg."
In response to Reply # 7

I've seen everything. Thanks for the link. That right there's a conversation starter for the cooler room.

Soulwarrior
Charter member
6671 posts
Sun Nov-27-05 04:28 AM

9. "I haven't seen the word cassette in a while...."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't even have access to a good tape deck.
Peace and Blessings C.A.D 5000 says -"Smile Jesus Loves you"
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2130114850
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life"
-Ali

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10977 posts
Tue Nov-29-05 12:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "Damn this takes me back"
In response to Reply # 0

If you could cop an Aiwa joint with SuperBass you would be fine. I swear I've had at least 15 walkmen in my lifetime, from super crappy to super expensive. My 2 favorites were a Panasonic full logic setup with digital tuning, BBE processing (hard as hell to find, but oh so worth it) and a remote. The other was a Sony Outback (just for the fact I could kick it down some steps and it would still work)

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Lobby High-Tech topic #42991 Previous topic | Next topic