Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #306580

Subject: "Who's still playing Tears of the Kingdom?" Previous topic | Next topic
TAYREL713
Charter member
1120 posts
Tue Jul-25-23 03:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Who's still playing Tears of the Kingdom?"

One, it has taken me years to get this account back and I am so excited to be able to post again. Two, who is still running these Hyrule streets because that game has it's hooks in me something deep!

stayskrunchyinmilk.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Who's still playing Tears of the Kingdom?
Jul 30th 2023
Aug 01st 2023
I'm still pinching pieces off of BotW.
Jul 31st 2023
Aug 28th 2023
Aug 31st 2023
After more than 300 hours per the system clock...
Sep 15th 2023
I really wanted to click with this
Sep 15th 2023

Doomdata21
Member since Jul 21st 2002
1260 posts
Sun Jul-30-23 04:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Who's still playing Tears of the Kingdom?"
In response to Reply # 0

I've put in close to 200 hours and still pick it up from time to time. I've beaten it and will likely seek out all them shrines. Great game is an understatement.

**Sig**
-Blackthought is the dopest emcee alive
-Uncle Sam and Santa Clause are good buddies.
-Be selfless and the world will be a better place.

TAYREL713
Charter member
1120 posts
Tue Aug-01-23 08:35 AM

3. "RE: Who's still playing Tears of the Kingdom?"
In response to Reply # 1

My goal is to complete all the shrines before finishing the game. I got 25 more to go.

stayskrunchyinmilk.com

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23884 posts
Mon Jul-31-23 11:22 AM

2. "I'm still pinching pieces off of BotW."
In response to Reply # 0

I had put it down for a while to get through Jedi Survivor. I went back to it, and then Thunderblight Ganon beat my ass for about a week. I finally got the Master Sword after having to grind shrines for a few days. I'm trying to find the start of the quest for the DB on the mountain without YouTube hints.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1817 posts
Mon Aug-28-23 10:25 AM

4. "RE: Who's still playing Tears of the Kingdom?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm lovin' it. Just trying to perfect my machines all the time. I spend so much time in the underground that I forgot there is a whole kingdom to save up there or something.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

TAYREL713
Charter member
1120 posts
Thu Aug-31-23 02:19 PM

5. "RE: Who's still playing Tears of the Kingdom?"
In response to Reply # 0

Finally completed all the shrines. Intention is to finish the game tonight or by the end of the weekend.

stayskrunchyinmilk.com

TAYREL713
Charter member
1120 posts
Fri Sep-15-23 05:17 AM

6. "After more than 300 hours per the system clock..."
In response to Reply # 0

and after collecting all the shrines and light roots, I whipped a ton of full recovery plus foods and potions and gloom recovery meals and wen to take on the Demon King himself. What a great game that I now consider my all timer. O know recency bias and the like, but come on. What a great final sequence too,

stayskrunchyinmilk.com

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15316 posts
Fri Sep-15-23 06:08 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I really wanted to click with this"
In response to Reply # 0

I was super late to Breath of the Wild, in the way that I could appreciate it but find the hype impossible to remove from the experience.

It didn't help that not for any asinine console war reasons but simply because I loved the hell out of Horizon: Zero Dawn years before I got a Switch that I was never not thinking about how many critics and friends I looked to for thoughtful game chatter dismissed that game as "another one of those" or in any case an example of where games had been compared to where BotW implied they could go.

I said my piece on that when Elden Ring came out, to put it simply I don't think seeing a thing and doing a thing vs. a map waypoint is actually all that significant if you find yourself in the middle of a familiar activity all the same.

But I could never figure out Legos as a kid. I liked to build model cars, read Nintendo Power guides and stick carts into Game Genies and Gamesharks. Sometimes I'd big brain my way to an answer the first time around, but the way Tears of the Kingdom seemed like a dopesick love letter to the Minecraft kids left me feeling cold.

I think when I play a Zelda, I just wanna get sucked into a big fish and find out how the boomerang some weird ass jellyfish didn't want me to play with is gonna get me outta there and back to flirting with the sexy fin-handed princess.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Lobby High-Tech topic #306580 Previous topic | Next topic