Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #306415

Subject: "Gotham Knights - anybody in?" Previous topic | Next topic
spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10981 posts
Mon Oct-24-22 09:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Gotham Knights - anybody in?"

Reviews have been decidedly mixed to negative. Most of it technical (30fps cap on PS5/Xbox), some gameplay (grind, fight mechanics), and a good deal comparing this to Arkham Knight, which this isn't and never was. I thought Arkham Origins was just OK (close enough but no cigar) so seeing WB Montreal was manning this game gave me pause from the beginning. I may cop on PC when the price goes down (still don't have my PS5 yet) but don't feel the rush to jump in just yet. Anybody else take the plunge?

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I’m hours of gameplay in, but not deep into the story.
Oct 24th 2022
Finished it.
Nov 07th 2022
I started it on PC but barely played 15 minutes
Nov 08th 2022
*WHEN* they eventually go back to a full Batman game
Dec 07th 2023

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23878 posts
Mon Oct-24-22 01:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I’m hours of gameplay in, but not deep into the story."
In response to Reply # 0

If that makes sense. It feels like they were too deep into copying Avengers to go back and change anything. The story isn’t what I thought it would be, so I’m pretty fresh on everything happening in real time.

I spin up Arkham Knight often, just to have something to do when I’m walking customers through shit that takes a while, so this combat system where I’m getting touched and beat up is way different. I’m grateful for the checkpoints in the boss battles and the option to just quit out, regroup, and try again. I was under level for one last night, and I just quit out and went to something else.

I’m still gonna finish because the only other game I’m playing now is NBA 2K23. I’m addicted to games that let me level up and craft items to be stronger. If people are more the “wait and see” type, I’d suggest waiting for this to hit Game Pass or a major sale.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

JFrost1117
23878 posts
Mon Nov-07-22 10:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Finished it."
In response to Reply # 0

The story was cool, but the combat is not good enough to get through the last 2 case files without getting your ass beat.

God of War is up next for me but I might come back to this for NG+ because I still have legendary items to craft.

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Tue Nov-08-22 09:07 AM

3. "I started it on PC but barely played 15 minutes"
In response to Reply # 0

I keep getting sidetracked by other games. And now GOW tomorrow is going to take more of my late night time

JFrost1117
23878 posts
Thu Dec-07-23 10:51 PM

4. "*WHEN* they eventually go back to a full Batman game"
In response to Reply # 0

The mechanic of having to leave the scene before the police get there HAS to be included. There's nothing to do after you beat the shit out of dudes in this particular game, but for Bruce to do his detective shit on a time limit, that shit would be dope.

Lobby High-Tech topic #306415 Previous topic | Next topic