Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #304963

Subject: "Weird iPhone issue" Previous topic | Next topic
Eric B Is Prez
Member since Nov 08th 2005
4981 posts
Fri Jan-03-20 08:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Weird iPhone issue"

I’ve searched a bunch of sites and forums and haven’t found an answer to this. Maybe someone here can help.

My iPhone X (OS 13.3) keeps adjusting the screen brightness on its own. It’ll go to extremes- lowest or highest brightness- without me doing anything. I have auto brightness, True Tone, and night shift all turned off.

It even happens while I’m using it. I can see the brightness meter going down or up completely on its own. It’s fucking weird.

Any ideas?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That's probably a hardware issue
Jan 06th 2020
yeah, could be the sensor or chip inside is fucked somehow
Jan 14th 2020

handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 11:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "That's probably a hardware issue"
In response to Reply # 0

Back it up, take that to Apple and swap it out.

If you think it's not hardware then back it up, completely wipe it and don't restore from backup and see if it happens still.

If it does - it's a hardware issue.

Other issues it could be is the display dims when the phone is hot - so playing a game in 90 degree weather can cause this too - or bad batteries or bad sensors/etc. All hardware.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Tue Jan-14-20 10:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "yeah, could be the sensor or chip inside is fucked somehow"
In response to Reply # 0

you could try a full backup/erase/restore and see if that fixes it (forgot if you said you tried that)

but I've heard of such weirdness being hardware problems

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Lobby High-Tech topic #304963 Previous topic | Next topic