Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #304229

Subject: "Resident Evil 2 Remake" Previous topic | Next topic
Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Thu Jan-24-19 07:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Resident Evil 2 Remake"

Comes out January 25th.

A lot of reviews are in and this thing looks solid currently sitting at a 91 on metacritic. There's a 30 minute demo that's been out there for a minute. I was sold on it already since the original was one of my favorite games of all time, the atmosphere of the demo sealed the deal for me.

Glad this franchise is going back to its roots and since it sold so well already I guess we can count on RE3 being remade also.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Might cop for nostalgia's sake.
Jan 24th 2019
I'm excited.
Jan 24th 2019
great remake.
Dec 07th 2019
I get Resident Evil now. This shit is dope.
Jan 28th 2019
If you'd like to follow the timeline
Jan 28th 2019
      Code Veronica is worth it IMO as well
Jan 28th 2019
           Loved Code Veronica
Jan 29th 2019
got my S+ on hardcore.
Jan 05th 2020

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Thu Jan-24-19 08:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Might cop for nostalgia's sake."
In response to Reply # 0

I loved RE2 on the Dreamcast, switching discs back & forth, etc. I haven't played true survival horror in a minute, so of course, I ran completely out of bullets, and that knife is some fuckshit.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

will_5198
Charter member
63106 posts
Thu Jan-24-19 08:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm excited."
In response to Reply # 0

never cared for Resident Evil as a teenager who grew up in the PS1 era, but I did love RE4

went back and played the RE Remake and it was a lot of fun -- I respected the "survival horror" aspect more, with the clunky controls and obscure camera angles adding to the tension

so really the first time playing RE2 for me

--------

will_5198
Charter member
63106 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 12:25 PM

7. "great remake."
In response to Reply # 2
Sat Dec-07-19 12:25 PM by will_5198

more of a mix between RE and RE4 with the updated control scheme. short but sweet and fun to replay on higher difficulties. the flashlight and Tyrant chases made for great atmosphere.

bring on Nemesis. hopefully with enough time we can get to the GOAT and have a full-blown remake of RE4.

--------

IkeMoses
Charter member
70875 posts
Mon Jan-28-19 12:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I get Resident Evil now. This shit is dope."
In response to Reply # 0

I dabbled with one of the OG Playstation games, and I tried to play RE5 co-op with my brothers but never finished.

This one is hittin for me tho...even tho I ran out of all my bullets and I’m getting packed out by zombies at the moment.

-30-
You know it's drama, but it sound real good.

Paps_Smear
4254 posts
Mon Jan-28-19 02:32 PM

4. "If you'd like to follow the timeline"
In response to Reply # 3

This is my preference now

Resident Evil Remake HD
Resident Evil 0 Remake HD (prequel but better played after the first)
Resident Evil 2 Remake (current)
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 7 (Released 2018 and is fucking great!)

Forget 5 and 6 ever happened and lets never speak of them again.

I hear they're remaking RE3 since this was such a success and I can't wait! They really nailed this game and showed they can successfully reboot this franchise and take it back to its true roots with survival horror. If you're loving RE2 you should at least play RE7 which was really great also. That beginning had me terrified!

=================

Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Mon Jan-28-19 09:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Code Veronica is worth it IMO as well"
In response to Reply # 4

I suppose there’s the caveat that the version on PS4 is a port of the PS2 game rather than the remaster they did for PS3/360, which is weird. But unless you want to track down the OG RE2 and play through that, it’s the easiest way to see the edges of just how bonkers the series was willing to get before the expansiveness of RE4 and get a feel/reminder of how these games looked and played two decades ago.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Paps_Smear
4254 posts
Tue Jan-29-19 10:55 AM

6. "Loved Code Veronica"
In response to Reply # 5

I was suggesting him some of the newer remade games or at least somethings with the updated controls. I never minded the old tank style controls because that's what I started with but I noticed if people didn't get into them back in the day they'd probably hate it now so I rarely suggest the originals.

While they're at it I hope they remake Code Veronica also. It was a bit silly and over the top at times but now now is the perfect time to fix that. I'm just happy as hell these games are going back to real survival horror instead of survival action.

=================

Twitch.tv/durtygambino

will_5198
Charter member
63106 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:18 PM

8. "got my S+ on hardcore."
In response to Reply # 0

I usually don't have interest in those kind of achievements, but it wasn't a chore because the game is just really well done. it's fun trying to piece together the cleanest run with only three saves.

I also think Claire's scenario is harder than Leon's. his weapon load-out is better all-around.

--------

Lobby High-Tech topic #304229 Previous topic | Next topic