Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #303317

Subject: "Marc Cuban calls for Twitter use real names (tweet) " Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Mon Jan-29-18 04:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marc Cuban calls for Twitter use real names (tweet) "

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/957686987229618176

It's time for @twitter to confirm a real name and real person behind every account, and for @facebook to to get far more stringent on the same. I don't care what the user name is. But there needs to be a single human behind every individual account.

There were some interesting comments from an evangelist from the EFF that mentioned that adopting real names increase the likelihood that women, gays, and trans people would face threats that anonymity helps them avoid.

I guess until society evolves to the point where we at least keep our hate to ourselves, no one can have nice things.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah, twitter isn't facebook
Jan 29th 2018
The smart bots probably aren’t using Russian IPs
Jan 30th 2018
Kevin Durant gonna have 14 accounts
Feb 13th 2018

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Mon Jan-29-18 08:22 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Yeah, twitter isn't facebook"
In response to Reply # 0

(although people use it as such).

While I understand the troll army is strong, its not as if making names public kills the trolls (hence why facebook is still a cesspool). And the goods of an anonymous town hall imho still outweight the negatives.

Thing is twitter/youtube just has to do better. While I understand the sheer amount of work involved in policing content, I mean shit like not noticing thousands of russian IP addresses as us political organizers, lol

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14585 posts
Tue Jan-30-18 05:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "The smart bots probably aren’t using Russian IPs "
In response to Reply # 1

> I mean shit like not noticing thousands of russian IP
>addresses as us political organizers, lol

Tw3nty
Member since Jan 02nd 2007
8466 posts
Tue Feb-13-18 12:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Kevin Durant gonna have 14 accounts"
In response to Reply # 0

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lobby High-Tech topic #303317 Previous topic | Next topic