Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #303303

Subject: "Oh we not talking about Monster Hunter World" Previous topic | Next topic
Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Fri Jan-26-18 10:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Oh we not talking about Monster Hunter World"

The game is dope. The beta was pretty great. It's a shame that AE and Dragonball FighterZ all came out around the same time. I don't know which will get more play.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I paid for it
Jan 26th 2018
waiting patiently for the PC version
Jan 26th 2018
I'm trying not to pull the trigger right now
Jan 26th 2018
I'm kicking myself for not
Jan 31st 2018
RE: I'm kicking myself for not
Jan 31st 2018
      This is it
Feb 01st 2018
My nemesis Diablos
Feb 07th 2018
Just copped
Feb 10th 2018
Manning the Insect Glaive
Feb 12th 2018
My main weapon is the Switch axe
Feb 12th 2018
      I gotta work on my timing
Feb 12th 2018
I just realized how to use the shields on the Heavy Bowgun
Feb 26th 2018
Moved to high rank
Mar 24th 2018
This Spring Blossom event is hilarious
Apr 07th 2018
This Iceborne extension is incredible
Sep 25th 2019

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Fri Jan-26-18 01:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I paid for it"
In response to Reply # 0

and by that I mean I paid and cant even play it.

Got a key from GMG since they can sell official Playstation Keys, they fucked up somewhere and none of us can redeem them. Now I'm stuck until they do something about it and got this weekend to myself for the first time in forever.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8046 posts
Fri Jan-26-18 01:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "waiting patiently for the PC version"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm dying to play this game but i have a huge backlog and can wait for whenever they decide to release MH:W for PC

IkeMoses
Charter member
70875 posts
Fri Jan-26-18 03:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I'm trying not to pull the trigger right now"
In response to Reply # 0

Because I know I don't have time to play it.

The beta was dope but overwhelming. I know to really enjoy it I'm gonna have to dive in.

-30-
You know it's drama, but it sound real good.

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 02:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I'm kicking myself for not"
In response to Reply # 0

pre-ordering this from Amazon so I could enjoy that nice 20% discount. I'll have to adhere to some severe patience to get some kind of discount on this game it seems, especially since it appears this game is selling quite well.

Based on my extreme ignorance, I assumed this game forced you to play co-op and it was impossible to play on a solitary basis based on the twitch streams for the beta release. Now I know I was completely wrong in that regard. The only flaw I see with the game is that it isn't possible to be surgical with your striking, at least from what I see with the heavier weapons. A lot of swinging and missing from what I see on twitch streams. The level of customization involved looks pretty satisfying though.

At least when a discount is available for the game, I'm hoping all the DLC content will be packed into the game. I suppose time will tell.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8046 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 02:51 PM

5. "RE: I'm kicking myself for not"
In response to Reply # 4

>The only flaw I
>see with the game is that it isn't possible to be surgical
>with your striking, at least from what I see with the heavier
>weapons. A lot of swinging and missing from what I see on
>twitch streams.

you just have to get used to the animation timings. from what i played of the beta MHW is a lot like dark souls (or vice versa?) in regards to combat. every action is very deliberate. if you press a button twice, that long, slow attack will come out twice. mashing won't get you far and in fact might result in a bad situation. once you learn all your attack animations you can be as surgical as you wish

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 08:28 AM

6. "This is it"
In response to Reply # 5

>you just have to get used to the animation timings. from what
>i played of the beta MHW is a lot like dark souls (or vice
>versa?) in regards to combat. every action is very
>deliberate. if you press a button twice, that long, slow
>attack will come out twice. mashing won't get you far and in
>fact might result in a bad situation. once you learn all your
>attack animations you can be as surgical as you wish

Timing is everything. Even not taking a swing and delaying an action is better than a miss or worse yet a strike on a body part that will either dull your blade or stun you for a bit. You have around 50 minutes to kill some of these Monsters so taking your time and planing out each action is key.

That's what I love about this game, it teaches the button mashers to have more patience over time.

Really dove into it this week and even sitting at work I'm thinking about the game and can't wait to get off to knock out some more, and I haven't even touched co-op yet.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Wed Feb-07-18 11:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "My nemesis Diablos"
In response to Reply # 0

Once again, I thought I was bigger than my britches, as they say. Diablos 1 hit Ko'ed me twice. Will have to get with the smithy to get my gear upgraded.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Sat Feb-10-18 01:54 PM

8. "Just copped"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm hoping this fills the void that D2 left

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Mon Feb-12-18 08:38 AM

9. "Manning the Insect Glaive"
In response to Reply # 0

Having better success with this than the bows but still go back with those depending on the situation. I need to learn how to use the Switch Axe and Hammer effectively.

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Mon Feb-12-18 12:16 PM

10. "My main weapon is the Switch axe"
In response to Reply # 9

I rock a heavy bowgun online from time to time, but I've just been getting into the insect glave. It's pretty good, but I haven't gotten the combos down.

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Mon Feb-12-18 01:55 PM

11. "I gotta work on my timing"
In response to Reply # 10

>It's pretty good, but I haven't gotten the combos down.

The combo extender with the (b) or (o) button helps (depends on your system)

nonaime
Charter member
3117 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 12:02 PM

12. "I just realized how to use the shields on the Heavy Bowgun"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~
A bad Samaritan averaging above average men (c) DOOM

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Sat Mar-24-18 07:45 PM

13. "Moved to high rank"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Mar-24-18 07:48 PM by Sleepy

Almost done with the story. Deviljho was a nice surprise, and it's as advertised. Dude is a beast.

Need to move to dual blades. I wanted to learn the hunting horn, but it's too awkward for me.

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Sat Apr-07-18 07:31 AM

14. "This Spring Blossom event is hilarious"
In response to Reply # 0

All sort of event quests, with a bunch of special items available, and new armor and weapons to be crafted.

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Wed Sep-25-19 04:59 PM

15. "This Iceborne extension is incredible"
In response to Reply # 0

I have started using 4 different weapons:

Switch Axe
Bowgun (Light & Heavy)
Insect Glaive
Gunlance

I still dabble with the charge blade and dual blades. And I'm learning the hunting horn.

The gunlance is my favorite for slow moving heavy hitting monsters.

The clutch claw is a complete game-changer.

And this expansion pretty much double the size of original game.

Lobby High-Tech topic #303303 Previous topic | Next topic