Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #302857

Subject: "Logitech’s K360 BT keyboard + iPad may be my favorite ever" Previous topic | Next topic
L_O_Quent
Charter member
15348 posts
Sat Oct-14-17 01:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Logitech’s K360 BT keyboard + iPad may be my favorite ever"

When the first iPad came out I went all and got cell model with whatever was the highest end before it officially came out here in Sweden. After years of lugging around laptops on public transportation and working at coffee shops and hotels I wanted to be free of being controlled by my laptop’s battery. Already had an apple wireless keyboard and thought I’d be good but shit didn’t work out at all. Whatever iOS that was at the time required way too much work to do so little and the apps kinda sucked the only thing that was dope was the cellular was better than even my phone but I paid more to have it. I used it for games and watching stuff but chilled until the first gen Mini came out then kinda gave up on my idea of mobile computing until this year’s iPad came out. I honestly wanted the Pro but the price is unjustifiable and when I got the wifey the iPad for her birthday I started to wonder if my seven year old dream might come true with iOS11.

This week I started my new job and was asked what I wanted to work on and I immediately decided to try the iPad with a wireless keyboard. Wanted the Apple one but can’t justify spending a ¼ of the price of the tablet. Remembered that I’d see this blue keyboard on one tech YouTube videos I’d seen before and had made a note for it. Looked it up and it was the Logitech K380. Read up on it and looked at a few reviews then decided that since it was about a ⅓ of the price of the Apple keyboard I should try it out. Finally was able to find one and picked it up and this thing is dope. Probably one of the most comfortable keyboards I’ve ever had and sturdy, which works since my work travel time can be an hour and 40 mins on a train. iOS 11 allows me to never actually touch the screen and the battery life is insane but having my phone’s hotspot sometimes disconnect when someone called wasn’t working for me so I called up my carrier and they offer free data sims that is connected to my data for free then offered me an upgrade of unlimited data for the equivalent of 5 dollars ever. Got the sim today and honestly haven’t touched my MacBook since I got the keyboard.

Anyway going through now and making sure I have everything on my computer in either Drive or the OneDrive that my company provides. Anyone else switched to using an iPad or any other table fully and what’s been your experience?

The offspring :-D

PSN & XBL: LOQuent

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I had the first Surface around the time they first came out
Oct 14th 2017

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8740 posts
Sat Oct-14-17 06:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I had the first Surface around the time they first came out"
In response to Reply # 0

And I really got to like it. It's super light and the keyboard was nice enough that I could be fairly productive. There's a site, whose name I can't remember, that offered an IDE through the browser. So I would connect to that on my Surface and code there and also write blog posts. But I remember liking it alot. I bought a laptop about a year ago so I don't have a need to upgrade to a setup like yours, but when I decide to change out this laptop, I definitely want to get a Surface and add a keyboard.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby High-Tech topic #302857 Previous topic | Next topic