Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #302241

Subject: "NieR: Automata (PS4, PC) - Anybody else cop?" Previous topic | Next topic
spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10981 posts
Thu May-11-17 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"NieR: Automata (PS4, PC) - Anybody else cop?"

As with a lot of JRPGs it does have a crapton of 'what is life/consciousness/soul/human/war/love' existential dialog driving the story, and more than a few endings that you have to replay through the game to get the true ending. But so far I'm enjoying it. Combat is slightly reminiscent of something like Heavenly Sword. The upgrade system can be a bit tricky but if you want to so an auto set-up you can. Looks beautiful and the soundtrack is lovely (as most Square/Enix games are)

Copped this and Zero Dawn the same day. Will probably finish this one first (at least the 1st run through)

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Got it for PC
May 12th 2017
Oddball game to say the least.
May 12th 2017
Finished the first run with 2B, 3/4 through the 2nd run with 9S
May 17th 2017
RE: Finished the first run with 2B, 3/4 through the 2nd run with 9S
May 29th 2017
      Finished the A2 run. If your level is good and chips are right, it's not...
May 31st 2017
           I just beat it.
Jun 04th 2017

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Fri May-12-17 01:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Got it for PC"
In response to Reply # 0

Got about 10 hours in. Loved the game, the crashes is what stopped me for playing. Waiting on them to patch it but so far I haven't heard anything about them doing so. Crazy thing is they released DLC for this thing before they patched it.

I hear there is a mod called FAR that fixes some issues. Maybe I'll have to just go ahead and use it if I want to finish this anytime soon.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Fri May-12-17 03:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Oddball game to say the least."
In response to Reply # 0

The shooting sections and the graphics are stopping me from fully loving this game, but the story and the music are top notch. I just wish the graphics were better since this is 2017 and all. I'm not all that far into the game, so I guess I shouldn't judge it too harshly, but I'm not hooked to this game like I was Horizon Zero Dawn.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

spenzalii
10981 posts
Wed May-17-17 01:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Finished the first run with 2B, 3/4 through the 2nd run with 9S"
In response to Reply # 0

Fights now become a mini-game hack-a-thon, but it does make the battles a bit quicker. Story keeps getting weirder

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Mon May-29-17 01:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: Finished the first run with 2B, 3/4 through the 2nd run with 9S"
In response to Reply # 3

>Fights now become a mini-game hack-a-thon, but it does make
>the battles a bit quicker. Story keeps getting weirder

I'm just at the beginning of the third play-through of the game after ending the game with the story from 9S' point of view.

One the one hand while I have to give credit to the developers for getting creative with the multiple play-throughs and giving players an incentive to continue playing the game, the story barely makes any sense at all. And holy fuck is the game much harder in this third play-through. I thought things were difficult trying to hack enemies with 9S; the enemies are almost too powered up to make much progress.

And I really wish the graphics were a bit more polished.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

spenzalii
10981 posts
Wed May-31-17 12:21 PM

5. "Finished the A2 run. If your level is good and chips are right, it's not..."
In response to Reply # 4

Story-wise, it probably thinks it's smarter than it is, and a crapton doesn't make sense and I really don't care enough to try to figure it out either. I just chalked it up to being a JRGP, which seem like they have to be confusing to get made in the first place (or I'm too dense to understand the message they are trying to put across in full).

I enjoyed it for what it was. I am not about to find every weapon or go on every side mission (though I did get most of them and will probably get a few that I missed with the Chapter Select you get once you get the end). But I am not going to try to get 100% completion, fight with the chip system any more than I already have, or replay the game anytime soon (which is not a knock on this game at all, as I do the same on most action RPGS and the like. The only thing I got 100% on in recent memory was, maybe, Arkham Asylum. I loved Arkham City the most but there is no chance I'l looking for 200+ trophies with a wife and kids in the house)

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Sun Jun-04-17 05:29 PM

6. "I just beat it."
In response to Reply # 5

At the time of the prior response, I was having problems with that sand boss A2 had to fight. Once I beat it by relying on the pod's long range shooting and not trying to engage it with sword strikes, I was able to get the job done. The game is so insanely bleak; if yu have the chance, check out the back story for that female resistance leader that's in the camp from the beginning of the game. It's pretty wild how the music is far and away the best aspect of the game. I hope it drops on vinyl eventually. Some of the best I've heard in many years.

Lobby High-Tech topic #302241 Previous topic | Next topic