Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #301904

Subject: "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" Previous topic | Next topic
topaz
Member since Nov 28th 2002
6236 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 05:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild"

Y'all see the reviews for this??

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

I'M HYPED...I didn't even plan on getting the game before yesterday. I'll pick it up for the Wii U.

-
Gang Starr / Nujabes blend - https://youtu.be/lsci1vu6ick
DOOM Tribute - https://youtu.be/qmBQ2BDefKM
Donut of the Heart cover in Javascript - https://youtu.be/afLc2CkC8lk

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
made me realize I'll be buying my first Zelda, Mario and Nintendo
Mar 02nd 2017
Yeah, imma cop and I aint even that big a zelda fan
Mar 02nd 2017
took the day off to play this
Mar 03rd 2017
I'm about to play it on the Wii U
Mar 03rd 2017
RE: I'm about to play it on the Wii U
Mar 04th 2017
How much larger is this Zelda game
Mar 06th 2017
I've been having so much fun playing this game on the switch
Mar 06th 2017
RE: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mar 07th 2017
I skipped WiiU, but this game might make me cop a Switch.
Mar 08th 2017
already running on PC
Mar 08th 2017
What's the over/under on months til Nintendo shuts this down?
Mar 10th 2017
      you can't stop people from making emulators
Mar 10th 2017
           What kind of controllers can you use for this on PC?
Mar 11th 2017
                pc gamer reported that the pro controller works on PC
Mar 11th 2017
this game is taking up all my spare time
Mar 10th 2017
I think this is Nintendo's best game ever.
Mar 10th 2017
I think you might be right
Mar 13th 2017
Anyone play both this and Horizon?
Mar 17th 2017
good read. may be premature. BOTW seems singular
Mar 17th 2017
I'm old. I like narrative.
Mar 18th 2017
50+ hours in, about to do the 4th beast
May 05th 2017
Yeah, it's fucking huge.
May 08th 2017
Wrapped it up the other day...
May 09th 2017
RE: 50+ hours in, about to do the 4th beast
Jun 06th 2017
Anybody get the DLC?
Jun 30th 2017
I'm interested in the 2nd DLC with more story content
Jun 30th 2017
all four divine beasts defeated, master sword, and 105 shrines in
Jul 21st 2017
you'll be fine...LOL...i did less and beat him easily...
Sep 05th 2017
      Yeah it was pretty easy to beat him. I was shocked lol
Sep 10th 2017
Anyone attempted the Trial of the Sword DLC?
Dec 19th 2017
Timeline "revealed"
Aug 07th 2018

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 06:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "made me realize I'll be buying my first Zelda, Mario and Nintendo"
In response to Reply # 0

system since Wind Waker and Gamecube this holiday. Man this game looks good as hell.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 06:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Yeah, imma cop and I aint even that big a zelda fan"
In response to Reply # 0

only zelda I played through and loved was Zelda 2 (!!!).

I admired Gamecube Zelda from a far tho.

x49
Member since Nov 04th 2009
1716 posts
Fri Mar-03-17 01:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "took the day off to play this"
In response to Reply # 0

i went to best buy to pick it up and suprisingly they still had some switches for sale

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Fri Mar-03-17 11:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I'm about to play it on the Wii U"
In response to Reply # 0

x49
Member since Nov 04th 2009
1716 posts
Sat Mar-04-17 03:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: I'm about to play it on the Wii U"
In response to Reply # 4

i've put in about 10 hours on the wii u version. it gets a little stuttery sometimes but nothing too crazy. the game is gorgeous and fun as hell tho

Numba_33
Charter member
19330 posts
Mon Mar-06-17 12:53 PM

6. "How much larger is this Zelda game"
In response to Reply # 0

compared to the prior ones? Based off what I've seen on twitch gameplays, the overall game looks to be ginormous. The lines of dialog alone looks to be tremendously huge, not even to mention all the sidequests and dishes that can be prepared.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Mon Mar-06-17 05:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I've been having so much fun playing this game on the switch"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm taling about mastering the battle tactics, mountain climbing, dodging YUGE lightening bolts during thunderstorms. Such an amazing experience. I spend so much time just exploring not even focused on the main objectives of the game. I thought I was done with open-world games but this is perfect for my sensibilities.

I do need to get my rupees up though. I'm used to my pockets being fat not flat from playing A Link To The Past. I'm out here broke in these Hyrule streets.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Muzikwizard
Member since Aug 21st 2002
141 posts
Tue Mar-07-17 10:00 PM

8. "RE: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild"
In response to Reply # 0

I watched a Twitch stream of the new Zelda a few nights ago and it looks amazing.

Jan 19, 2006 7:19 AM
i will officially say that this man is the GREATEST mind to EVER make beats---PERIOD!-Questlove!(Taken from J Dilla's myspace comments)
"Ahmir is stupid with the drums man..."-J Dilla
"All I know how to do is work the mpc..."-J Dilla

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23880 posts
Wed Mar-08-17 01:58 AM

9. "I skipped WiiU, but this game might make me cop a Switch."
In response to Reply # 0

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8049 posts
Wed Mar-08-17 03:04 PM

10. "already running on PC"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-07-wii-u-fans-working-on-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-pc-port

A group of programmers are trying to get Nintendo's Wii U and Switch masterpiece Zelda: Breath of the Wild running on PC.

The team have been working since 2015 on the CEMU emulator, which runs Wii U games on PC with (currently) varying degrees of success. Zelda is up and running already, although it is still early days.

A work-in-progress gameplay clip shows Breath of the Wild's opening scene working more or less as expected, although the frame-rate hovers around the 15fps mark and bugs plague the rest of the game.

Regardless, team members have spoken on reddit of how they expect the full game to only be a couple of months worth of work - which seems no time at all to get such an enormous game running as intended.

CEMU is funded through Patreon. The team is supported by some 1857 people at the time of writing, who collectively donate $7782 per month (around £6300).

In many ways, CEMU is a spiritual successor to Dolphin, the GameCube emulator whose progress we've followed over the years. Provided you have the PC power, it will let you run Super Mario Sunshine at 60fps , and now boot every game in GameCube's library .

But like Dolphin, or any other emulator, CEMU runs pirated copies of games. While the success of getting Zelda (sort of) working on PC so quickly is worthy of note, it begs the question: would those who will download and play it have bought a Switch or GameCube copy of the game legitimately instead?

After all, a year subscription to CEMU's Patreon at its average donation level is enough to just buy the game.

Nintendo takes a dim view of unofficial emulators. In a FAQ on the official Nintendo website , the company calls emulators "the greatest threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers", adding "emulators developed to play illegally copied Nintendo software promote piracy".

In other Switch PC news, fans have found that you can use the console's Joy-Con controllers on PC - just as you can Switch's Pro Controller .

The difference with the Joy-Con is that only one can be used for a single-player game, although both can be used for local multiplayer.

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Fri Mar-10-17 11:18 AM

12. "What's the over/under on months til Nintendo shuts this down?"
In response to Reply # 10

I'd give it three weeks tops before it's killed. I feel like they always wait until they get things working or right before and then shut it down (like AM2R).

bearfield
8049 posts
Fri Mar-10-17 02:52 PM

13. "you can't stop people from making emulators"
In response to Reply # 12
Fri Mar-10-17 03:05 PM by bearfield

or updating them

am2r was shut down because it used assets from nintendo IP. if the am2r devs had created original assets nintendo wouldn't have been able to shut them down. emulators are not illegal. the way games make it on to emulators are the not-as-legal part of emulation. even then nintendo can't go around suing every person or site that trades or hosts a file with their game on it

i want to play BOTW but i'm not buying a gimmicky and under powered system for it. i plan on being able to play it ~mid summer

Numba_33
Charter member
19330 posts
Sat Mar-11-17 07:32 AM

15. "What kind of controllers can you use for this on PC?"
In response to Reply # 13

Pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression there were motion control portions of this game. It's possible I could be wrong though. A regular mouse/keyboard or PC game controller will work with the PC emulated version of this?

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

bearfield
8049 posts
Sat Mar-11-17 01:56 PM

16. "pc gamer reported that the pro controller works on PC"
In response to Reply # 15

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-nintendo-switch-pro-controller-works-with-the-pc/

If you’re like Tom Marks or me, the PC isn’t your only expensive videogame box. Mario has our hearts too. The Nintendo Switch just came out today, and with it, an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for people with normal hands that want to play the new Zelda without murdering their joints.

But whether you are getting a Switch or not, the Pro controller could be your next favorite PC gamepad. Because it uses bluetooth, it’ll be recognized as an input device once paired with a PC running Windows. YouTuber DreWoof shows off the relatively simple process in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ofL4lE_ZA

--------------------------------------------

>Pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression there
>were motion control portions of this game. It's possible I
>could be wrong though. A regular mouse/keyboard or PC game
>controller will work with the PC emulated version of this?

i believe there are motion controls but this game is playable with the pro controller on switch. there may be some kind of option to turn them off, or the pro controller can handle motion controls

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Fri Mar-10-17 10:04 AM

11. "this game is taking up all my spare time"
In response to Reply # 0

this might be the most open open world game I've played. They give you a world, minimal tutorials, and are just like figure it out. I can't put it down

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Fri Mar-10-17 11:52 PM

14. "I think this is Nintendo's best game ever. "
In response to Reply # 0

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Mon Mar-13-17 10:27 AM

17. "I think you might be right"
In response to Reply # 14

I'm holding out but this might knock SMB3 off the top spot for me.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Fri Mar-17-17 01:36 PM

18. "Anyone play both this and Horizon?"
In response to Reply # 0

What are your thoughts on this article?

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/17/14957460/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-nintendo-switch-future-games

bearfield
8049 posts
Fri Mar-17-17 02:06 PM

19. "good read. may be premature. BOTW seems singular"
In response to Reply # 18
Fri Mar-17-17 02:06 PM by bearfield

very difficult to replicate. maybe more devs and publishers will start looking at dwarf fortress and other games that trade exclusively in emergent/ludic gameplay for inspiration, rather than ubi-style checklist design. i expect a lot of them will get it very wrong

p.s. i feel like i've been posting some variation of "the real stories in games are the ones the players create" idea for years on this forum

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Sat Mar-18-17 08:02 AM

20. "I'm old. I like narrative."
In response to Reply # 18

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

topaz
6236 posts
Fri May-05-17 08:54 AM

21. "50+ hours in, about to do the 4th beast"
In response to Reply # 0

Just climbed the last tower to unlock the whole map. A video game's never felt as massive as BOTW Hyrule, it really feels like I've traveled a LONNNNNNNNG way since the start of the game.

-

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Mon May-08-17 03:05 AM

22. "Yeah, it's fucking huge."
In response to Reply # 21

I'm 100+ hours in and still finding shit.

TAYREL713
Charter member
1120 posts
Tue May-09-17 06:13 AM

23. "Wrapped it up the other day..."
Tue May-09-17 06:14 AM by TAYREL713

When it was all said and done, 120 Shrines, 17 Hearts, 3 Stamina Wheels, and 200 Plus hours. Excited for the DLC in the summer just to go fuck around some more.

stayskrunchyinmilk.com

Nintendo Network ID-TAYREL713
XBL-TAYREL713
PSN-TAYREL713
Steam-TAYREL713
3DS Friend Code-2294-4970-5921

The_Orange_Ninja_Turtle
Member since Jan 14th 2005
22411 posts
Tue Jun-06-17 05:14 PM

24. "RE: 50+ hours in, about to do the 4th beast"
Tue Jun-06-17 05:15 PM by The_Orange_Ninja_Tur

I got Zelda at launch and I've filled in the whole map, got all the non-amiibo armor/outfits/jewelry, maxed them out and maxed out the stamina. I only have 5 hearts so I need to do some more shrines and then I'm gonna take on the first divine beast.

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Fri Jun-30-17 03:46 PM

25. "Anybody get the DLC?"
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't realize that there were still areas I completely did not explore after 110 hours. Having that map tracking feature that shows you where you've been is great for seeing what you still need to do.

Haven't tried the challenge mode to upgrade the sword yet and the challenge mode looks like it's beyond my meager skillset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJTg9j6nISs

topaz
6236 posts
Fri Jun-30-17 08:02 PM

26. "I'm interested in the 2nd DLC with more story content"
In response to Reply # 25

I explored a bit after finishing the game, but yeah still a lot of areas I haven't been to. Will probably come back after I finish Persona 5.

-

jaywonder
Member since Jun 05th 2007
8431 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 09:08 PM

27. "all four divine beasts defeated, master sword, and 105 shrines in"
In response to Reply # 0

...and I still don't feel ready to fight Ganon

ChampD1012
Member since Sep 27th 2003
8355 posts
Tue Sep-05-17 11:32 PM

28. "you'll be fine...LOL...i did less and beat him easily..."
In response to Reply # 27

jaywonder
Member since Jun 05th 2007
8431 posts
Sun Sep-10-17 09:59 AM

29. "Yeah it was pretty easy to beat him. I was shocked lol"
In response to Reply # 28

topaz
6236 posts
Tue Dec-19-17 08:25 PM

30. "Anyone attempted the Trial of the Sword DLC?"
In response to Reply # 0

This thing is brutal, gonna need a few hours or 10 to spare for this.

The Champion's Ballad is also quite challenging so far.

-

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14585 posts
Tue Aug-07-18 01:12 PM

31. "Timeline "revealed""
In response to Reply # 0

https://kotaku.com/breath-of-the-wild-gets-official-placement-on-the-zelda-1828141649

Lobby High-Tech topic #301904 Previous topic | Next topic