Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #300822

Subject: "How Do You Build A Music Submission Site That Functions Like This?" Previous topic | Next topic
F O C U S
Charter member
1123 posts
Sat Oct-01-16 07:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How Do You Build A Music Submission Site That Functions Like This?"

http://www.submithub.com/

I'd like to create something similar. Can this be done in Wordpress, or a builder like CreateSpace, or do I need to hire a developer/designer? There looks to be code that:
- Calculates a bloggers reach by combining their FB fans and Twitter followers.
- Allows submissions sent via Soundcloud, YouTube, audiomack or Fanburst links to play on the respective platforms player on the submission page.
- Allows the submitter to filter blogs by genre, location of blog, blog type (web blog, YT channel, Soundcloud channel, etc).

Payment is made via PayPal or CC (facilitated by Braintree), and I imagine that there is some code that knows to send 50% of the payment to the blogger and 50% stays with the website.

Are there WP plugins that can function like this? Do CreateSpace sites have the ability to function like this, or does a developer have to create this?

The sites sole purpose will be to connect music creators to music promotion outlets that can help promote the creators music further. The site will alleviate - for the musician - the drudgery that goes into researching promotional outlets, finding contact information for these outlets, and manually submitting to multiple outlets. For the promoter, the site will serve as a centralized hub to receive submissions, act as an automated filter for those submissions, and help to monetize their promotion activities through the receipt of premium submissions.

It’s a form of meditation. It puts me in that consciousness state where I need to be. Because it’s an evil world out there, a very evil world. You gotta get past all that shit. Music keeps your soul good (C) Oh No

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby High-Tech topic #300822 Previous topic | Next topic