Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #206316

Subject: "Looking for Voice Recognition to write a book" Previous topic | Next topic
6_1_flo
Member since Apr 15th 2003
3869 posts
Mon Sep-21-09 08:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looking for Voice Recognition to write a book"

my friend is wanting to write her book without typing and looking for software of some sort to do so. does anyone have any suggestions? i was online looking at something called Dragon but reviews weren't favorable. if there is anything she can go to the store and buy or just download online let me know. thank you.

My handles
http://reyhugo.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/ihilbot
facebook.com/yahzone
soundlyfemusic@gmail.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Is she handicapped or Lazy?
Sep 21st 2009
voice recognition? the hell..oh....oh
Sep 21st 2009

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Mon Sep-21-09 01:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Is she handicapped or Lazy?"
In response to Reply # 0

I think dragonspeak natural is about as good as the software gets, eventhough the technology isn't quite good enough to be mainstream yet. I wonder why she wants to use speech to text software because I can't think of a harder way to try to write a book.
"Play Your Game" (c) Stan Van Gundy

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Mon Sep-21-09 01:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "voice recognition? the hell..oh....oh"
In response to Reply # 0

get Dragon, it's 100 bucks and comes with a headset...I'd suggest getting a logitech usb headset.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Lobby High-Tech topic #206316 Previous topic | Next topic