Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #129956

Subject: " Nintendo and Gamestop to guarantii Wiis after holiday" Previous topic | Next topic
gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Fri Dec-14-07 12:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
" Nintendo and Gamestop to guarantii Wiis after holiday"

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS) said on Friday it will launch a "rain check" program to deliver the Wii in January to shoppers who can't get hold of the game console due to inventory shortages over the holiday season.
ADVERTISEMENT

Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime, on a telephone press conference, declined to say how many units would be available under the exclusive program with GameStop Corp (GME.N), but said GameStop had "many tens of thousands" of rain checks.

"We expect this to be a very strong program and ... a great way for consumers who desperately want a Wii to be able to have something to put under the tree, a certificate that guarantees their family will be able to get a system in January," he said.

..|.,

If you still don't know what Jade Typhoon is, click here:
http://jadetyphoon.blogspot.com/ (WS)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Psych!
Dec 14th 2007
Greed sucks but this is America
Dec 15th 2007

alexthezombie
Member since Jan 18th 2004
2950 posts
Fri Dec-14-07 01:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Psych!"
In response to Reply # 0

I can tell you right now, that this shit is not happening. I mean, the policy is being introduced, but no store gets more than 20 or so Wiis per shipment. How many people do you think are gonna be up on this shit per store??

Also, I already see a problem with some folks putting the money down at multiple GameStops to secure enough Wiis to put on eBay, which, in my honest opinion, isn't right.

Skyezgrrl
Member since Mar 20th 2005
8452 posts
Sat Dec-15-07 09:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Greed sucks but this is America"
In response to Reply # 1

if they provide the money and effort they can in fact buy the Wii at many different stores.

If folks are dumb/desperate enough to buy it for the big mark-up that's supply and demand.

I paid a friend of mine to wait in line when the Wii first came out. Her friend went with her but didn't want one. I didn't even think to buy a second console and put it up on ebay. But other folks had their 8 year old up there trying to get that extra console.

My friend said the shyte was crazy.

Dee

Should a person do good, let him do good over and over again. Let him find pleasure therein, for blissful is the accumulation of good ~ Buddhist teachings

Av: was taken in January. I've got a bit more hair now.

Lobby High-Tech topic #129956 Previous topic | Next topic