Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #115481

Subject: " APF 2K8, lasting impressions *Spinoff*" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ChanEpic
Charter member
4298 posts
Mon Aug-13-07 10:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
" APF 2K8, lasting impressions *Spinoff*"

OK I've had a solid 2 weeks with this game. Online and off.. Let me preface this statement by letting you all know I never played 2k5 so this is my first time giving this game a good run through...

The good:
It's definitely refreshing to be able to put your own legendary squad together. I love being able to play with Too Tall, OJ, and Randall Cunningham.

Everything else:

I am not going to turn this into a APF vs. Madden debate but I have to admit, I don't see the enthusiasm for APF after playing it for an extended amount of time.

1.There are, from what I can tell, a ton of "money plays" in this game when playing online. I have played a few games online and have seen multiple people do the same plays over and over again with the same player. Granted, I know lobbies are full of cheesers but the very fact that there are "money plays" in the amount that there are makes the next-gen-ness of this game seem suspect.

2. Graphics, just plain suck. And I have 1080P HDMI... They just aren't that good. Granted I'm still patiently waiting for the graphics to step up to those we saw in that first next gen madden commercials but in this game, I've seen everything from stick figure arm movements, to actual visual glitches in this game that scream, Nintendo Game boy, as opposed to Xbox 360. I know I am not the only one that has seen the arm that magically turns 360 degrees when tackling glitch...

3. according to the APF fanboys, this is supposed to be the best football SIM out there. If so, how does one explain the arcadey nature of "CHARGING" up special moves? So Joe Montana can throw better if he has a glowing ring around him? That is just wackness...

4. Kicking when online is one of the most frustrating things ever. I just think it is too hard and while it lends a certain amount of respectability it's lame to see you are kicking late, or not and have the same results...

5. THE GENERIC PLAYERS ARE USELESS!!!!! When going up against a charged up gold player/silver/bronze player. I know its a feature to have special moves for special players but when generic players can be fooled by someone spinning 15 yards away from the generic player, I've got to call BS...

6. The overall AI in this game is decidedly terrible...

7. Taking control of your players sometimes means nothing.. I've had this happen to me a ton of times.. On offense I've called a passing play, drop back, push the button repeatedly and nothing happens but I get sacked... Then the very next play I call the same play, do the exact same thing and the QB actually throws the ball this time.. Or, I call a play on defense and then I become, say my MLB.. Once the snap goes off the player automatically goes into his scripted move and I have to fight to get him off of it and into what I want to do.. So frustrating... Or I'll be a guy with a clear shot at tackling the opposition and instead of running where I am telling him to, he jumps into a block making it easy for the runner to run right by me...

8. The timing of the qb is strange. I know you have to set your feet to throw deep but why does the QB have this scripted animation for those throws but no-one else on the field does? So I have a pre-determined move but the guy on D doesn't? Total faggotry...

I know I will get flamed, but this game is trash and I never thought I would say this but, I cannot wait for Madden. Even in all of its downsides, its still fun where APF is more frustrating..
Just my .02.

Oh yeah, and lack of a true franchise mode is a joke!

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
spinoffs are lame and we don't need another post on the game
Aug 13th 2007

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Mon Aug-13-07 11:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "spinoffs are lame and we don't need another post on the game"
In response to Reply # 0

FREE CHAI VANG!

YOU'VE READ MY FILE NIGGA (c) Jack 'Mufuckin' Bauer

http://rjcc.stumbleupon.com - what I'm looking at

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Lobby High-Tech topic #115481 Previous topic | Next topic