Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #100733

Subject: "NiGHTS 2: Journey of Dreams confirmed" Previous topic | Next topic
58impala
Member since Nov 08th 2004
16633 posts
Mon Apr-02-07 09:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NiGHTS 2: Journey of Dreams confirmed"

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/02/nights-journey-of-dreams-confirmed-for-wii-this-winter/

Yes.

According to Famitsu, Sonic Team USA will have its sequel to legendary Saturn title NiGHTS ready for a Wii release this winter. NiGHTS 2 will now be known as NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (although that name isn't confirmed for the Japanese market). Famitsu explains that the main attraction of Journey of Dreams is how it provides gameplay with the Wii Remote, where you can glide, drift, ascend, and loop-the-loop without even thinking about the controls. Takashi Izuka of Sonic Team USA is Producer of NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. He leaves Famitsu, and the rest of the weeping-with-tears-of-joy world, with this comment:

"In 1996, we created the NiGHTS character to achieve a concept of 'being refreshed from being able to fly in the sky'. 11 years later, at last, we have broken our silence. NiGHTS will now fly in a new dream world: new stages, new story, and on the new Wii platform. Please look forward to NiGHTS and friends exploring this brand new adventure."

Yes.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Oh hell yes!
Apr 02nd 2007
*rubs eyes*
Apr 03rd 2007
can't wait
Apr 03rd 2007
I just bought a Wii
Apr 03rd 2007
So, Rjcc, when you coppin a Wii?
Apr 04th 2007
Details! (real-time weather! online capabilities!)
Apr 04th 2007
nice
Apr 04th 2007
RE: nice
Apr 04th 2007
The weather part
Apr 05th 2007
gameplay video
Jul 09th 2007
RE: gameplay video
Jul 10th 2007
      E3 Trailer
Jul 10th 2007

Whiteout
Member since Aug 30th 2005
3577 posts
Mon Apr-02-07 09:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Oh hell yes!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm so glad the rumor is finally fleshing out.

Too bad I just bought a 360 tho... I'll be playing this at my friends house, for sure.

. . .
psn: sirius_fruits

but that shit's stupid though.

will_5198
Charter member
63108 posts
Tue Apr-03-07 12:18 AM

2. "*rubs eyes*"
In response to Reply # 0

--------

tappenzee
Member since Sep 28th 2002
19839 posts
Tue Apr-03-07 09:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "can't wait"
In response to Reply # 0

Only one problem: apparently, the main guy behind the original NiGHTS isn't on the team for this one, but hopefully that won't hurt this one at all.

cantball
Charter member
46630 posts
Tue Apr-03-07 10:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I just bought a Wii"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm tryna think of how Brett Favre can gunsling a root canal-(c) DJ Contact

<<<<<<<<<<<< What he does to your daughter's pussy

ChampD1012
Member since Sep 27th 2003
8355 posts
Wed Apr-04-07 05:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "So, Rjcc, when you coppin a Wii?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nights is the one of the reasons why I still have my Saturn.

tappenzee
Member since Sep 28th 2002
19839 posts
Wed Apr-04-07 10:01 AM

6. "Details! (real-time weather! online capabilities!)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/04/nights-to-have-weather-effects/

Looks like Sega is trying to stage a comeback. After years of wading in a pool of mediocrity, there is a feeling of change in the air. Following the announcement of NiGHTS for the Wii, details are starting to emerge that Sega is actually putting -- oh, what's the word -- effort behind the new game. The most striking being the use of the Wii's Forecast Channel to change scenery based on real-world conditions.

NiGHTS will also have three masks (Dragon, Dolphin and Rocket) giving shape-shifting abilities. There will be seven dream worlds and using Wii Connect 24 players will be able to "exchange items with friends." Sega has burned us too many times in recent years for us to be optimistic about the new NiGHTS; however, we must admit we are in a state of cautious optimism. We'll be happy if NiGHTS doesn't add fuel to the Wiimote control issues fire.

58impala
Member since Nov 08th 2004
16633 posts
Wed Apr-04-07 03:44 PM

7. "nice"
In response to Reply # 6

Complex720
Charter member
2992 posts
Wed Apr-04-07 08:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "RE: nice"
In response to Reply # 7

that weather and mask thing sounds weird but it might make the game interesting in a new way

-----------------
www.precisehero.com

Cam_eleon
Member since Jan 25th 2007
750 posts
Thu Apr-05-07 10:16 AM

9. "The weather part"
In response to Reply # 6

Sounds really cool. More games could do this

Like in Grand Theft Auto they'll have real-time news. You can pick up a newspaper in the middle of the game and real-time events will be on it.

---------------------------------------
I've had some great things and I had some bad things. The best and the worst. In other words, I had a life. -Richard Pryor
---------------------------------------
360: The Camtastic
PSN: CamDynamite

great1 2k6
Member since Sep 27th 2005
1378 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 08:29 PM

10. "gameplay video"
In response to Reply # 0

damn i need to get a wii like now.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938874/6173834/nights-journey-of-dreams-gameplay-movie-1

"he can rhyme. his music softer than muppet titties, though." IkeMoses on Drake as a credible lyricist.

Gamertag: Great1 2k7
PSN ID: Award-Tour88
Check out my soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/awardtour88

Complex720
Charter member
2992 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 08:05 AM

11. "RE: gameplay video"
In response to Reply # 10
Tue Jul-10-07 08:09 AM by Complex720

>damn i need to get a wii like now.
>
>http://www.gamespot.com/video/938874/6173834/nights-journey-of-dreams-gameplay-movie-1

I reserved this game last month -- i'm waiting for it!
From the video, it seems to play just like the original just with updated graphics. That's definitely not a bad thing

-----------------
www.precisehero.com

Complex720
Charter member
2992 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 12:26 PM

12. "E3 Trailer"
In response to Reply # 11

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UHKWEm565C4

-----------------
www.precisehero.com

Lobby High-Tech topic #100733 Previous topic | Next topic