Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2761291

Subject: "Lovie, Kingsbury and others on college vs. NFL: "I don't miss it."" Previous topic | Next topic
will_5198
Charter member
63111 posts
Thu Mar-24-22 12:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Lovie, Kingsbury and others on college vs. NFL: "I don't miss it.""

anonymous quotes, some from assistants but obviously two of the interviewees are Lovie Smith and Kliff Kingsbury. full swipe is on The Athletic:

Q: Do you miss college? Would you go back?

Coach 2: "I’m not trying to get myself a job or anything, but yes. Yes, because I do like the relationships and talking to people. I like people, so yeah."

Coach 3: "No, I don’t. I don’t miss it. But I would say that, spending 15 years in college, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it at that time of my life. I was supposed to be a college coach from 23 until 36 or whenever. I think that was my path. So I don’t regret it. But no, am I like, pining to go back to college right now? No, not at (my age) with a young daughter whom I can go see at her gymnastics meet."

Coach 4: "I miss the relationships with people on staff, but that’s about it. I don’t want that to come off the wrong way; I think there are a lot of fantastic things about working at the college level. I really do believe the college sports experience is phenomenal. It’s just really difficult to work at that pace for a prolonged period of time because at a certain point you’re going to burn out."

Coach 5: "I don’t envision myself ever going back to the college level. I know that’s different from a lot of people. People enjoy the college level and different aspects of it, but I don’t see a world where I decide to go back. I think when you’re off in the NFL, you’re off. In the summer I can go play golf every day, and I’m not going to hear from anybody unless we’re going to set up a tee time for the next day."

--------

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lovie, Kingsbury and others on college vs. NFL: "I don't miss it." [View all] , will_5198, Thu Mar-24-22 12:54 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Q: What are you doing at this time of the year in the NFL?
Mar 24th 2022
Q: Are you around any of the players you’re coaching?
Mar 24th 2022
Q: What would you be doing right now if you were still in college?
Mar 24th 2022
Q: Is it that much different in-season?
Mar 24th 2022
Q: Your experiences and thoughts on recruiting?
Mar 24th 2022
but you get to use the private jet for all those work days!!!
Mar 24th 2022

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2761291 Previous topic | Next topic