Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2735953

Subject: "Favre:it's hard to believe that Derek Chauvin meant to kill George Floyd..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Apr-27-21 09:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Favre:it's hard to believe that Derek Chauvin meant to kill George Floyd..."

I'm not really surprised by the views of a dude from rural Mississippi but at some point you'd think these guys learn to STFU lol...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brett-favre-said-hard-believe-193026316.html

Brett Favre said it's hard to believe that Derek Chauvin meant to kill George Floyd, and other athletes have lashed out in response
Jackson Thompson
Thu, 22 April 2021, 2:30 pm·3-min read

Brett Favre said that it's 'hard to believe' Derek Chauvin meant to kill George Floyd.

Favre made the comments on his podcast "Bolling with Favre."

Several NFL current and former players have harshly responded to Favre on social media.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

Brett Favre finds it hard to believe that Derek Chauvin meant to kill George Floyd.

The Hall-of-Fame NFL quarterback gave his perspective on Chauvin's recent guilty verdict on his podcast "Bolling with Favre" on Wednesday.

"I find it hard to believe, and I'm not defending Derek Chauvin in any way, I find it hard to believe, first of all, that he intentionally meant to kill George Floyd," Favre said. "That being said, his actions were uncalled for. I don't care what color the person is on the street. I don't know what led to that video that we saw where his knee is on his neck, but the man had thrown in the towel."

Favre's comments have elicited strong backlash from other players.

Former Pro Bowl wide receiver Steve Smith addressed Favre's comments with an Instagram post, saying: "I have so much respect for the career you had. HOF, awards, etc. ... However on this subject, yo Mr. Favre STFU respectfully real talk! Privilege ass!"

Another former NFL wide reciever, Torrey Smith, doesn't believe Favre should be asked about any topics other than playing quarterback.

Favre's comments come just one week after he said he felt sports were becoming too political and that fans had stopped watching due to athletes taking public stances on issues, during an appearance on"The Andrew Klavan Show" on The Daily Wire.

"I can't tell you how many people - including yourself - tell me: 'I don't watch anymore. It's not about the game anymore.' And I tend to agree," Favre said. "I know when I turn on a game, I want to watch a game. I want to watch players play and teams win, lose, come from behind. I want to watch all the important parts of the game, not what's going on outside of the game, and I think the general fan feels the same way."

Favre previously has stirred controversy over his stance on racial issues in American in August when he told USA Today that there was "no right answer" on the topic of NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

"I know from being in an NFL locker room for 20 years, regardless of race, background, money you grew up with, we were all brothers it didn't matter," Favre said. "Guys got along great. Will that be the same (with kneeling scenario)? I don't know. If one guy chooses to stand for his cause and another guy chooses to kneel for his cause, is one right and the other wrong? I don't believe so. We tend to be fixed on highs.

"I don't know what it's like to be Black. It's not for me to say what's right and what's wrong," Favre said. "I do know we should all be treated equal. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be in America."

Printer-friendly copy

Favre:it's hard to believe that Derek Chauvin meant to kill George Floyd... [View all] , ThaTruth, Tue Apr-27-21 09:34 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I’m a free thinker myself.
Apr 22nd 2021
Ah another offensive, unsolicited thing he sent out I see.
Apr 22nd 2021
A white QB from Mississippi said whaaat?
Apr 23rd 2021
Disclaimer: I'm not defending Favre. Period.
Apr 23rd 2021
RE: Disclaimer: I'm not defending Favre. Period.
Apr 23rd 2021
The distinction is irrelevant and farve shoulda recognized that
Apr 23rd 2021
its important to know this is how most white people feel even though...
Apr 23rd 2021
It’s an irrelevant distinction in court. But what he really means
Apr 27th 2021
      Did you mean to say it IS a relevant distinction in court?
Apr 27th 2021
           That's what I did say - "It's" = "It is"
Apr 27th 2021
                Lol you said its irrelevant in court
Apr 27th 2021
Dog Whistle. He's gonna run for office.
Apr 27th 2021
hard to believe with his background but we had a president
Apr 27th 2021
Fuck Favre and anyone else that thinks like him...
Apr 27th 2021

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2735953 Previous topic | Next topic