Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2732448

Subject: "Miguel Berchelt vs Oscar Valdez | ESPN and other great matchups" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14014 posts
Sat Feb-20-21 06:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Miguel Berchelt vs Oscar Valdez | ESPN and other great matchups"

For my boxing heads, this is gonna be a helluva match. It was supposed to happen in December 2020, but Berchelt was diagnosed with Covid-19.

The high-output action fighter Berchelt is the favorite for most, but Valdez is a tough dude who's now training with Eddy Reynoso (Canelo's trainer). Valdez once suffered a broken jaw if the 5th rd of a bout and went on to win by decision.

Berchelt has honestly been matched quite safely in his career. Hasn't faced many pure boxers, so Valdez's approach here will be interesting. If Berchelt wins, Bob Arum has suggested that he plans to match him with the young phenom, Shakur Stevenson.

The undercard of Berchelt vs Valdez will feature 2 of my favorite prospects right now: "The Dominican Kid" Elvis Rodriguez, and 18 yr old Puerto Rican killer, Xander Zayas.

DON'T MISS THIS FIGHT!

Earlier in the day, another long-awaited fight will take place as hyped prospect Josh Kelly takes on the battle-tested and hard hitting David Avanesyan.

If you watched Andy Ruiz Jr defeat Anthony Joshua in NY, you might remember Josh Kelly on the undercard getting a gift draw against Ray Robinson. Many feel he should've lost that fight. He tried as he always did to fight like Roy Jones Jr. Liked to rely on reflexes, and the slower Robinson began to time and catch him. Kelly is now out to prove he's top teir. The jury is still out on that one.

There's a fight on this undercard I don't want to miss. It's against Florian Marku and Rylan Charlton. Both undefeated prospects with young careers, each one 1 draw on their record. This one should also produce some fireworks.

And here's my obligatory reminder that Claressa Shields fights March 5th in a fight that will make her undisputed for a 2nd time in a 2nd weight class. She's already undisputed at 160. This win will make her undisputed at 154. Her opponent Marie-Eve Dicaire, is the #2 154 lber in the world while Claressa is #1. This is historic. That fight will be a $29.99 PPV on FITE TV.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Miguel Berchelt vs Oscar Valdez | ESPN and other great matchups [View all] , Boogie Stimuli, Sat Feb-20-21 06:42 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Oh, and Adrien Broner returns after losing 35 lbs...
Feb 20th 2021
Alotta UK fans shocked by Avanesyan's KO of Kelly
Feb 20th 2021
Berchelt in all kinds of trouble in rd 4
Feb 20th 2021
Jee. Zus.
Feb 20th 2021
Berchelt gets knocked down AGAIN in round 9. Valdez boxing beautifully.
Feb 20th 2021
You’re late bud, u streaming?
Feb 20th 2021
      Yeah, had it a little behind bc it records smoother that way on the ESPN...
Feb 20th 2021
Brutal KO
Feb 20th 2021
One of the most violent you’ll ever see.
Feb 20th 2021
Oh my fucking God!!!!!!!!
Feb 20th 2021
What a punch, man. Dude came up from the knees and landed clean.
Feb 20th 2021
"I heard Shakur Stevenson wants to fight. Let's do it." - Oscar Valdez
Feb 21st 2021
Broner won a boring UD on the cards (many thought he lost)
Feb 21st 2021
Godfuckingdamn. One of the most brutal KOs youll ever see.
Feb 21st 2021
I was wondering where you were lol.
Feb 21st 2021
      That left hook was landing flush all night.
Feb 21st 2021
           ALL night
Feb 22nd 2021
                I hadn't seen a whole lot of Valdez prior to this fight.
Feb 22nd 2021
Nm
Feb 21st 2021

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2732448 Previous topic | Next topic