Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2712167

Subject: "Sports history: Chaney to Calipari - “I’ll kick your ass” " Previous topic | Next topic
allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Thu Feb-13-20 05:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Sports history: Chaney to Calipari - “I’ll kick your ass” "

John Chaney to Calipari : One of the greatest tirades in sports history happened 30 year ago to this day.

Most people had no clue as to why that altercation occurred, including myself. Even the assistants, reporters and refs were and are still confused to this day.

Allegedly this is what happened

Apparently, Calipari was complaining to the refs after beating temple by 1 point ( This is what was reported to Chaney by his assistant, but the refs said that never happened) but Chaney got blasted for questioning a call at West Virginia, but Calipari goes after three class refs after winning a game, and was being congratulated for a great game. It made Chaney livid.

( This did happen) Plus Umass players being emotional in the face of temple players. Chaney didn’t allow his guys to do that, which Is why he stated: “ i told my guy to punch one of your player’s in the mouth.”

Basically, Calipari was this young gun coaching looking to take it to the temples, RI, WV of the conference, before Cal, temple had always beaten Umass. So Cal being Cal, he would do things as a coach to create rivalries or to get stuff going. I think that was the straw for Chaney.

Funny thing, before that encounter, Chaney was calm, and had given an interview saying it was a great win by Umass and championing their coach.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Sports history: Chaney to Calipari - “I’ll kick your ass” [View all] , allStah, Thu Feb-13-20 05:08 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Should've let him get to that podium
Feb 13th 2020
he also said "I'll kill you." classic shit.
Feb 13th 2020
the moment my whiteness became problematic
Feb 13th 2020
#GOAT Mad Maker
Feb 13th 2020

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2712167 Previous topic | Next topic