Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2711777

Subject: "The Sox owners suck man" Previous topic | Next topic
pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12496 posts
Wed Feb-05-20 06:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "The Sox owners suck man"
In response to In response to 0

their run as owners has been wildly successful in spite of their many fuck-ups.

Their relationship with Theo Epstein was all over the place. Tough to read into it too much, but there was definitely something fishy there. This is ancient history now, but Theo threatened to leave baseball all together because of Larry Lucchino's shenanigans.

Then there was smearing Terry Francona as a pill addict on his way out the door. Never trusted them after that. The dude broke the curse for us and got another trophy on top of that. Even if it was time to part ways you should still be treating him like a saint for eternity.

Then there was randomly firing announcer Don Orsillo, probably just cause Jerry Remy never liked him. Jerry was the one they should've gotten rid of. He's a miserable fuck and no one likes him, but he's a former Sox player so he gets his way I guess.

Then, just months after winning a title in 2018, they decide cutting payroll is the most important thing in the world for some reason, so they fire the GM that helped build that title team. Unfuckingbelievable. We're not the Marlins, we have loads of cash on hand. Fucking use it!

Keep in mind this is a team that charges you an arm and a leg just to get into the stadium and cram into seats that point the wrong way and are designed for 1912-sized people. Then they charge another arm and a leg if you want to enjoy a hot dog and a 12 oz beer (If I'm paying more than $10 give me a tall boy or gtfo).

The stadium is classic and I still recommend it to every baseball fan, but after visiting a third of the stadiums in the league there are much better fan experiences out there and they cost a portion of the money you'd spend at Fenway. If you're bringing your family you have to say good bye to a whole goddamn paycheck, but they can't pony up to keep the best player they've drafted in years. Disgusting.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Passan: Mookie Betts/David Price to the Dodgers [View all] , Dstl1, Tue Feb-04-20 09:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Possible third team...
Feb 04th 2020
Waiting for the details is killing me
Feb 04th 2020
So far....
Feb 04th 2020
Holy shit...Joc Pederson to the Angels...
Feb 04th 2020
Twins sticking their nose in this
Feb 05th 2020
Done and the fact Sox cannot afford him is laughable
Feb 05th 2020
is the luxury tax backfiring?
Feb 05th 2020
Just business, man. Just business.
Feb 06th 2020
RE: The Sox owners suck man
Feb 06th 2020
      They've definitely upgraded the stadium since taking over
Feb 06th 2020
           RE: They've definitely upgraded the stadium since taking over
Feb 06th 2020
Going to be wild when LA wins 120 games and loses in the playoffs
Feb 05th 2020
Astros fault
Feb 06th 2020
absolutely cannot wait
Feb 06th 2020
      the Dodgers will continue to do things the right way...
Feb 06th 2020
           Astros aint goin nowhere either player.
Feb 07th 2020
Great so Mookie is a relief pitcher now?
Feb 07th 2020

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2711777 Previous topic | Next topic