Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2610408

Subject: "lebron's home vandalized with racial slur (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Wed May-31-17 01:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"lebron's home vandalized with racial slur (swipe)"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/05/31/lebron-james-home-vandalism-slur-hate-crime-cavaliers-brentwood/102347024/

A West Los Angeles home owned by LeBron James was vandalized Wednesday morning at 6:44 a.m., Los Angeles Police Department officer Norma Eisenman confirmed to USA TODAY Sports. James was not present when the vandalism took place, Eisenman said.

A racial slur was painted on the gate of the Brentwood neighborhood estate but has since been covered over by property management, Eisenman said. Police did not provide details on what the racial slur was.

The news was first reported by TMZ.

The LAPD is investigating the incident as a hate crime and an official police report is expected later Wednesday. Eisenman did not specify if security footage is being used as part of the investigation to identify any suspects for the graffiti.

According to public records, James bought the house in 2015 for roughly $20.9 million. It is 9,440 square feet. James' primary residence during the NBA season is in Akron, Ohio, though he is currently preparing for his third consecutive NBA Finals with the Cleveland Cavaliers against the Golden State Warriors. This series will mark James' seventh consecutive NBA Finals. Games 1 and 2 are in Oakland, Calif.

James, a global icon, has spoken out against racism throughout his career.

After Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was the target of racial slurs while playing against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park, James said, "Racism, we know, exists. You try not to put yourself in a position, for me as a father, I try to give my kids the blueprint on how life is gonna be. But at the end of the day, I can only tell them so much, and they have to go out and live it themselves. For me, I just try to be respectful, for one, respectful to others, and I feel like if you do that consistently, then I believe the karma will come back to you."

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

lebron's home vandalized with racial slur (swipe) [View all] , dula dibiasi, Wed May-31-17 01:26 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Money is not insulation. MURRICA gonna MURRICA
May 31st 2017
Terrible. Great response by Bron
May 31st 2017
Disgusting....hope Dude gets caught
Jun 01st 2017
Brentwood....where have I heard that before?
Jun 01st 2017
yeah that's where i got caught at.
Jun 01st 2017
The worst part is that his children
Jun 01st 2017
Exposed bc of the media or lebron told them or they were there?
Jun 01st 2017
      I don't know.
Jun 01st 2017
mike hill: my nigga
Jun 02nd 2017
when I hear Whitlock said some dumb shit
Jun 02nd 2017
shitlock went super saiyan coon on that shit smh.
Jun 02nd 2017

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2610408 Previous topic | Next topic