Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2605986

Subject: "I kind of thought he retired until his name surfaced this spring" Previous topic | Next topic
Walleye
Charter member
15525 posts
Thu Apr-27-17 06:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I kind of thought he retired until his name surfaced this spring"
In response to In response to 1

I remember when people started noticing there was a South African player in full-season ball for Pittsburgh, when he started hitting a bit in the lower parts of full-season ball. The bat didn't really take, and since (at the time) I think he was regarded as a bit of a push at shortstop, it didn't really seem like it was going to happen.

But it looks like last year he played shortstop almost exclusively. I guess that says something about the development curve of players from countries that aren't traditionally into baseball.

Pirates promoted a Lithuanian player this week too. Fun week for them.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

gift ngoepe.... first African born MLB player debuts [View all] , falafel stand pimpin, Wed Apr-26-17 08:01 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
That's dope (c) FireBrand
Apr 26th 2017
Pirates trying to make up for 20 years of mediocre white boys
Apr 26th 2017
Really surprising that he's the first.
Apr 26th 2017
tight
Apr 27th 2017

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2605986 Previous topic | Next topic