Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2596597

Subject: "who will be the nba's best player in 5 years?" Previous topic | Next topic
dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Tue Feb-21-17 08:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: who will be the nba's best player in 5 years?"

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/6-nba-players-predict-who-will-be-the-leagues-best-in-5-years-022017

6 NBA players predict who will be the league’s best in 5 years
Brett Pollakoff @BrettEP
Feb 20, 2017 at 5:31p ET

The level of young talent in the NBA might be the highest we've ever seen. There are so many players with unique skill sets that it seems almost impossible to identify which one will become the best of the bunch.

We asked a handful of NBA players to weigh in during All-Star weekend in New Orleans, and six different players gave us six different answers -- one of which was Ben Simmons, who has yet to play his first game in the regular season.

Giannis Antetokounmpo, selected by Dominique Wilkins

Dominique Wilkins: “I would say right now, and I don’t know if he’d be the best player in the league but he’d be in the top two or three, is Giannis Antetokounmpo. He’s a freak. He’s unbelievable. (What I like most about his game) is he can do multiple things. He can pass, he can handle the ball, he’s a great open-court player, he can get to the basket, and now he’s expanded his jump shot. And he’s long! One of the dunks they showed recently, he jumped almost from the free throw line in traffic. That was pretty amazing.”

Kristaps Porzingis, selected by Myles Turner of the Pacers

Myles Turner, Indiana Pacers: “There’s a lot of guys, man, the way the league is going, there’s bigs that can do a little bit of everything. Me and (Kristaps) Porzingis is cool, man, that’s my guy. I like everything he does, so I’ll give it to him."

Karl-Anthony Towns, selected by Brandon Ingram of the Lakers

Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers: “It’d have to be Karl-Anthony Towns. He’s a hard worker, everything I’ve heard about him is that he has a high character. When I was around him during the draft process, just his high character. He’s well-spoken, and that goes a long way. Just the work ethic that you have outside of the game that you see on TV.”

Joel Embiid (and others), selected by Nikola Jokic of the Nuggets

Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets: “I think Joel Embiid, probably, if he stays healthy. Karl-Anthony Towns, probably, because he’s just like — he can do everything. Devin Booker, he’s a great shooter. Jamal Murray. It’s literally — I cannot choose just one guy."

Devin Booker, selected by Buddy Hield of the Kings

Buddy Hield, Sacramento Kings: “I like Devin Booker’s game. I think he’s polished at the two-guard right now. Jamal Murray’s nice, too. He’s got that confidence. I like D’Angelo Russell, too. I’d probably say Devin Booker and those guys. I see the potential. The upside is big for them.”

Ben Simmons, selected by Shaquille O'Neal

Shaquille O'Neal: "Probably Ben Simmons, because he’ll be like a LeBron. Great body, great grasp for the game, score, pass, get guys the ball. So I’m going with Ben Simmons on that one.

"I’m like Jerry West. I can look at a guy and tell whether he’s going to be something or not. So when I first saw him, even though he didn’t have the tools out of LSU, I could see that he has the potential to be that. And plus, you know, nobody ever gives it to a big guy. It’s never been a big guy’s league, so they always give it to the little guys. Even though you’ve got Antetokounmpo and KAT, big guys, it’s always going to be a little guy’s league.

"Joel Embiid is starting to play very well; Devin Booker could take over, too. But in five years, I’m going to have to go with Ben Simmons."

Poll result (23 votes)
giannis adetokunbo (10 votes)Vote
kristaps porzingis (1 votes)Vote
karl-anthony towns (2 votes)Vote
joel embiid (5 votes)Vote
ben simmons (2 votes)Vote
other (3 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

who will be the nba's best player in 5 years? [View all] , dula dibiasi, Tue Feb-21-17 08:51 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: who will be the nba's best player in 5 years?
Feb 21st 2017
I mean, if we're leaving off AD, then it will be Giannis.
Feb 21st 2017
It's definitely Giannis. Future MVP
Feb 21st 2017
Whoever the C's draft #1 this year!
Feb 21st 2017
#BBN
Feb 22nd 2017
It might not be him...
Feb 22nd 2017
I can't fully commit to Fultz
Feb 22nd 2017
      Fultz has great positional size, to be fair.
Feb 22nd 2017
      It just sucks we won't get to see him in any truly big games
Feb 22nd 2017
           Pick Fultz over Ball.
Feb 22nd 2017
      how do you compare? use your eyes that's how. he better than Ball.
Feb 22nd 2017
The safe bet is Towns
Feb 22nd 2017
Zubac
Feb 22nd 2017
Might be LeBron.
Feb 22nd 2017
Shit.
Feb 22nd 2017
Wait...isn't there a Myles Turner vs Porzingis Agenda?
Feb 22nd 2017
lmao right.
Feb 22nd 2017
No reason for you to laugh other than to assure yourself
Feb 22nd 2017
Westbrook said Rose was best PG 5 years ago
Feb 22nd 2017
      link?
Feb 22nd 2017
           nah
Feb 22nd 2017
oh yeah, my vote's for anthony davis, for the record.
Feb 22nd 2017
Some combo of Brow, KAT, Booker, Murray, or Monk
Feb 22nd 2017
Might still be Durant. Or Kawhi.
Feb 22nd 2017
Still?
Feb 22nd 2017
      FILF and OE will disagree, but KD the best player right today IMO
Feb 22nd 2017
           Everybody is gonna disagree
Feb 22nd 2017
Brow