Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2560741

Subject: "Cubs fire their house DJ" Previous topic | Next topic
Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Fri Aug-19-16 07:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Cubs fire their house DJ"

FORfor playing "Smack My Bitch Up" for Aroldis Chapman. I don't know why the Cubs are mad...if they can pay him after what he did, the song shouldn't be an issue...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-cubs-prodigy-aroldis-chapman-20160815-snap-story.html

Cubs say they've fired person who made 'irresponsible music selection' after Aroldis Chapman pitched

There’s a song by electronic dance group The Prodigy that uses a phrase as its title and key lyrics so offensive that it has no business being played somewhere like a major league ballpark.

That song, “Smack My … Up” — which seems to refer to violence toward women — somehow got played over the PA system at Wrigley Field on Sunday.

Again, that would be a horrible selection under any circumstances, but this was many times worse because the song was played as Chicago Cubs reliever Aroldis Chapman was leaving the field.

Chapman served a 29-game suspension earlier this year under the league’s domestic violence policy.

The Cubs moved to distance themselves from the song selection, issuing an apology on Monday and firing the person responsible for the choice.

"We apologize for the irresponsible music selection during our game last night," President of Baseball Operations Crane Kenney said in a statement. "The selection of this track showed a lack of judgment and sensitivity to an important issue. We have terminated our relationship with the employee responsible for making the selection and will be implementing stronger controls to review and approve music before public broadcast during our games."

Earlier this year, Chapman was accused of choking his girlfriend during a dispute at their Florida home and firing eight shots from a gun in the garage. After investigating the incident, authorities declined to file charges, citing conflicting and insufficient evidence, according to reports.

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Cubs fire their house DJ [View all] , Selassie I God, Fri Aug-19-16 07:03 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I wonder what the DJ said to try and protect his job.
Aug 21st 2016
"It says 'change my pitch up just as often, guys!'"
Aug 22nd 2016
yeah....maybe he was...yeah idk how you talk yourself out of that
Aug 22nd 2016
"The selection of this track showed a lack of judgment...
Aug 22nd 2016
them playing the track and signing/trading for dude is two
Aug 22nd 2016

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2560741 Previous topic | Next topic